Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? (13381 Views)

And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... / Some Nigerian Men Na Wah Ooh! / I Stole 170 Pounds To Help My Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by funnyx(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2013
honey86: I wish r231 has a branch in Manchester.

Are you based in Manchester like me?
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
Yes, I am.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by funnyx(m): 3:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
honey86: Yes, I am.

Good to know there are NLanders in Manchester, I believe there are some cargo businesses in Moston, have you tried any of them? I usually don't cargo to Naija so don't really know which one to recommend.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
I've heard about sapnet but I haven't been to their office. I'm not familiar wth that area of town. Besides r231's price is the cheapest I've seen.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
salsera: @r231
furniture,white goods and food

We can do that on sea freight.

honey86: I've heard about sapnet but I haven't been to their office. I'm not familiar wth that area of town. Besides r231's price is the cheapest I've seen.

I can get a courier to. Pick up from Manchester
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by funnyx(m): 7:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
honey86: I've heard about sapnet but I haven't been to their office. I'm not familiar wth that area of town. Besides r231's price is the cheapest I've seen.

If you've not been to Moston where do you shop for naija foods?
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
r231:

We can do that on sea freight.

I can get a courier to. Pick up from Manchester
For a fee?
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
funnyx:

Hulme and openshaw
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by funnyx(m): 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
honey86:
Hulme and openshaw

I thought as much, I lived in Moston for years before moving to Blackley which is less than 2 miles away. I'm kinda stuck in north Manchester as my place of work is in the city centre and also have lots of family members in the area. Which part of Manchester do you reside?
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by r231(m): 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
honey86:
For a fee?

Reasonable fee cheesy
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 18, 2013
There's a police raid outside my house lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Afam4eva(m): 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
adaobi123: There's a police raid outside my house lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
Afam4eva:

Lol. Serious there's about 7 police cars and an ambulance
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by EfemenaXY: 11:15pm On Aug 18, 2013
^^ Why? What've you gone and done now, girl? tongue cool

1 Like

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Why? What've you gone and done now, girl? tongue cool

grin

It wasn't me. It was my neighbour lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Apparently the house was broken into and somebody was harmed.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Mautonmentos(m): 12:18am On Aug 19, 2013
@funnyx Bus route 118 via NMGH(jpt)or 88(first) from Ben Brierley on Moston Lane,do you reside close to the blackley cemetery&crematorium?
funnyx:

I thought as much, I lived in Moston for years before moving to Blackley which is less than 2 miles away. I'm kinda stuck in north Manchester as my place of work is in the city centre and also have lots of family members in the area. Which part of Manchester do you reside?
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by funnyx(m): 7:08am On Aug 19, 2013
Mauton_mentos: @funnyx Bus route 118 via NMGH(jpt)or 88(first) from Ben Brierley on Moston Lane,do you reside close to the blackley cemetery&crematorium?

I am not far from Blackley cemetery, bus 88 route.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Mautonmentos(m): 7:19am On Aug 19, 2013
When I'm in town,I'd hit you up,currently in Lasgidi,a mate used to live there.quote author=funnyx]

I am not far from Blackley cemetery, bus 88 route.[/quote]
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by funnyx(m): 7:20am On Aug 19, 2013
Mauton_mentos: When I'm in town,I'd hit you up,currently in Lasgidi,a mate used to live there.quote author=funnyx]

I am not far from Blackley cemetery, bus 88 route.

No problem mate
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 19, 2013
funnyx:

Rusholme
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Tinkybabe(f): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2013
funnyx:

Atlast my people don land! ! I refrained from commenting until someone from my hood comments grin
Moston is the peckham of Manchester
Cheetham hill and Long sight are also good shopping spots for Naija items.

All ye Londoners, you talk too much. .haba.. 11pages. tongue kiss
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by funnyx(m): 1:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
Tinkybabe:
Atlast my people don land! ! I refrained from commenting until someone from my hood comments grin
Moston is the peckham of Manchester
Cheetham hill and Long sight are also good shopping spots for Naija items.

All ye Londoners, you talk too much. .haba.. 11pages. tongue kiss

We don land jare grin grin grin na wa for these londoners na only dem dey UK tongue
You're right Moston is the Peckham of Manchester, whenever my mum is here she always feel at home, in fact when we moved to Blackley she doesn't mind walking all the way to Moston everyday.
Do you reside in Moston?
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by lepasharon(f): 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
manchester has shiiit weather undecided tongue
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 19, 2013
lepasharon: manchester has shiiit weather undecided tongue

Agreed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2013
lepasharon: manchester has shiiit weather undecided tongue
You are so right, lol. But we are used to it. You can't move around Manchester without an umbrella. lol
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by damiso(f): 9:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
I hated manchester's weather(my husband used to live there).Very depressing.

1 Like

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by funnyx(m): 10:11pm On Aug 19, 2013
Rain is Manchester's sunshine cry honestly I'm giving it a thought to relocate just because of the weather.
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by funnyx(m): 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
honey86:
Rusholme

Rusholme is close to the universities, are you studying? Because apart from students there are many Asians living in some part of Rusholme that makes it look like you're in Pakistan lol
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
Finally went to Peckham, didn't find the Nigerian lentil (fio fio) in BIMS, Kumasi and the other stores along the road angry
I had jollof rice and fried rice with plantain, beef, ox tail and something else. Chicken and beef pie with Afrimalt smiley smiley
I asked for medium serving and the guy was busy piling up my plate with rice. I was like shocked please is that medium? He replied that "Nigerians eat a lot so they don't sell small portions."

1 Like

Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by whiteroses(f): 11:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
lol I have been here since i was a baby i flipping hate it but i don#t fancy my home country either so I just live my life #A little alkie #A little ganja #Graduate #Msc and #more of God #i love to party sometimes #family first grin Hollaaa...
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by Tinkybabe(f): 12:22am On Aug 20, 2013
funnyx:

We don land jare grin grin grin na wa for these londoners na only dem dey UK tongue
You're right Moston is the Peckham of Manchester, whenever my mum is here she always feel at home, in fact when we moved to Blackley she doesn't mind walking all the way to Moston everyday.
Do you reside in Moston?

No, I stay in Monsall ,not far from Harpuhey..Your mum walks from Blackley to Moston? shocked how does she do it cause it's quite some distance.

And who's complaining about our weather? I like it o. .just leave it as it is. tongue
Re: WAH OH ,why is pounds to Naira Rate so high, N267 to £1?? by funnyx(m): 7:19am On Aug 20, 2013
Tinkybabe:

No, I stay in Monsall ,not far from Harpuhey..Your mum walks from Blackley to Moston? shocked how does she do it cause it's quite some distance.

And who's complaining about our weather? I like it o. .just leave it as it is. tongue

I know Monsall very well, , it's just after the new creative academy. She prefer to be in Moston by all means grin though she has money for bus, she sometimes get confused with the buses so she prefer to walk. It's not too bad to walk to Moston because it's like walking down the hill but she will always be brought back home by my cousin with his car.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? / What Has Kept Your Relationship/marriage Moving? / Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.