Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? (13391 Views)

Should Husbands Hide Money From Their Wives? / House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? / Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by Octupus(f): 12:00am On Mar 07, 2007
Someone once told me that if a man had great sex with a date sometime in the past and later they meet again,he can always sleep with her again,if he tried hard enough(sometimes without much trying),whether d date is now married,divorced,widowed or still single.This is called the "OK" law.It explains why men r very uncomfortable with their wives coming into contact with their ex boyfriends.

I'd like members to share their experience, or make their comments on this issue.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by OmoEko1(f): 12:03am On Mar 07, 2007
and why will anyway wife wanna keep in contact with her ex boyfriends, abeg if i was the husband i will send her packing out of my house.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by abdkabir(m): 12:06am On Mar 07, 2007
Oshodi Straight. Go on soun. Notin de Happen.

Y not, i guess it depends on the the trust we have for each other.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by CrazyMan(m): 12:09am On Mar 07, 2007
Do you know the meaning or marriage?
Why would you pay a woman’s bride price organize an expensive and memorable  wedding  and at the end of the day you run away with an ex-lover.
That’s stupidity of the highest class and such a person should be kept in a zoo co’s he or she isn’t fit to be call a human being.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by cuteass1(f): 12:16am On Mar 07, 2007
I personally do not think its ok, because their constantly seeing each other might bring back to life old and buried feelings, afterall they did love each other once and the distance between love and hate is less than we can imagine

Running into them (exs) and saying a friendly hello is ok, but keeping in touch is something else. . . . . . way out of the question.

This goes for both ladies and men, a man should notkeep in touch with an ex girlfriend either angry
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by Octupus(f): 8:39am On Mar 07, 2007
The issue here,ladies and gentlemen is,if the woman and her ex run into each other accidentally,would she be able to resist love advances from the man,considering that she is married? People say that if the woman enjoyed the sexual relationship with the ex she is unlikely to be able to resist him.Ladies,what do u think? Do u have friends who had, say, a one night fling with their ex bf who they suddenly ran into?
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by agnesoseka: 2:02pm On Mar 17, 2007
Omo eko, U is funny, I agree wit u sha.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by hotonuo(f): 11:00pm On Mar 17, 2007
i believe what is in the past should be left there.though the past tries to distrupt things we could as well stop it by doing what is right.as a married woman what are you still doing with your ex. sad all this could lead to a broken relationship of the family.and i agree with cute-ass.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by OmoEko1(f): 11:17pm On Mar 17, 2007
agnesoseka:

Omo eko, U is funny, I agree wit u sha.
girl am serious ohhhhhhh, have seen it happen.there is no reason for a wife to contact her ex only if she still wanna FU CK him.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by hotonuo(f): 11:20pm On Mar 17, 2007
Omo Eko:

girl am serious ohhhhhhh, have seen it happen.there is no reason for a wife to contact her ex only if she still want to FU CK him.
abi o
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by iice(f): 8:37am On Mar 18, 2007
What if your friends with your ex before you got married, by getting married do you cut the ties? Nwayz i think it depends on the situation between the person and the ex. If it was a clean break, a messy break, a regrettable break.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by mamaput(f): 11:17am On Mar 19, 2007
Why the hell will i need permission for any thing i do.
Fact is if i meet my ex and have sex with him, something is not okey in my marrage.
I will not go out of my way to meet any ex but if i bump into him , i will spend sometime with him , over a cup of coffee or a meal in a public place.
I will also tell my husband about it.
If i do not then there is something to hide.
But to ask for permission?
If i feel the need to meet an ex (with appointment) Then something is not okey in my marrage in this case am asking onbody

2 Likes

Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by akara(m): 11:18am On Mar 19, 2007
grin

Please what if the man then wants to maintain contacts with the ex, should the wife permit it.

Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by hotonuo(f): 7:29am On Apr 14, 2007
akara:

grin

Please what if the man then wants to maintain contacts with the ex, should the wife permit it.

hell no
that is not funny u know angry angry angry
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by adeboo(f): 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2007
Any wise woman that wants to keep her home would NEVER keep in touch with an ex cause hummmmmm - lkie i say it before you know it, your clothes are on the floor and u are doing the deed.

Especially if its a guy that treated you like gold.

I dont think the husband needs to put an end to the relationship or contact, the lady that wants her home to be in order would do that herself.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by spoilt(f): 2:07am On Apr 15, 2007
why are men always scared of their wives' exes? but think its ok to keep talking to their own ex girlfriends? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by adeboo(f): 6:22pm On Apr 16, 2007
Any wise woman shouldnt contact her ex while she is married if she wants her home to be in tact.

Her husband shouldnt have to stop the contact, she should do it herself.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by nossycheek(f): 4:53pm On May 02, 2007
Okafor's law states that "a hole once visited, can alsways be revisited"

So beware of that ex-lover before he rocks the boat! cool
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by nkan(m): 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2007
Dear poster,
EXS' are irrisistable whether man or woman.
The solution is to avoid because whenever they meet in a conducive whether secured or unsecured environment, they will DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. DON'T ASK ME WHAT THE IT MEANS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANSWER, BUT BELEIVE IT OR NOT, THEY WILL DO IT.

1 Like

Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by akeye(f): 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2007
no
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2007
nossycheek:

Okafor's law states that "a hole once visited, can alsways be revisited"

So beware of that ex-lover before he rocks the boat! cool

This girl you no go kill me.
which kind law be this one LOLOL

@ the poster,the title of this thread is wrong.
Permission is not the right word here.
women are not some controlled creatures.

Should a woman keep contacts with an ex boyfriend?.
If they ever had sexual relations,I would think it wouldn't be proper
For the sake of respect for your husband,the answer is NO.
let bygones be bygones.
If the 2 never slept together,I think they could still be good friends and family friends if the man is cool with it.
If they didn't have any physical entanglements before,it's unlikely to happen now.
But the relationship should be between the couple and the man(ex boyfrend)

It is improper for her to visit him alone or be alone with him in any setting.
To avoid temptations.

But if the husband is not okay with the friendship,the woman ought to cut it off entirely.
She would want him to do same if the tables were turned.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by almondjoy(f): 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2007
nwando:

This girl you no go kill me.
which kind law be this one LOLOL

@ the poster,the title of this thread is wrong.
Permission is not the right word here.
women are not some controlled creatures.

Should a woman keep contacts with an ex boyfriend?.
If they ever had sexual relations,I would think it wouldn't be proper
For the sake of respect for your husband,the answer is NO.

let bygones be bygones.
If the 2 never slept together,I think they could still be good friends and family friends if the man is cool with it.
If they didn't have any physical entanglements before,it's unlikely to happen now.
But the relationship should be between the couple and the man(ex boyfrend)

It is improper for her to visit him alone or be alone with him in any setting.
To avoid temptations.

But if the husband is not okay with the friendship,the woman ought to cut it off entirely.
She would want him to do same if the tables were turned.

True word oh!  Hmmmmmmmmm!  True word.  Would not want him sneaking around his ex-girlfriends either.  That Okafor or Murghy's law is very powerful especially if it was "damnnnnnnnnnnn good"! tongue
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by ifyalways(f): 1:22am On Nov 14, 2007
grin cheesy wink
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by dada22(m): 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2008
hmmmmmm,

afta marraige,da sign "no ex's please" shuld be displayed

a very gud example 's mi & ma ex, she's engaged but she claims 2 be madli in luv wit mi

i've managed 2 avoid her demands[u guess'd ryte],

i jst 1da wat 'll happen wen dey eventuali get married,
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by stag: 11:06am On Jan 25, 2008
surely! there are culprits here grin
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by cashoggy(f): 2:24pm On May 19, 2008
A married woman who meets her ex (who she once had sex with) and have sex with hr is him is a PROSTITUTE and a disgrace to womanhood. shocked shocked. If he was that good (in bed or wherever) why didn't she marry him? Such are women that make men think too high of themselves tongue. A woman with some digninty would not stoop so low, she would show some respect for her husband and comport herself well before the ex, let him know she didn't lose anything by not marrying him wink. Why would a married woman open her legs for another man (ex or no ex) anyway? angry :-

[[quote author=nkan
EXS' are irrisistable whether man or woman.
The solution is to avoid because whenever they meet in a conducive whether secured or unsecured environment, they will DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. DON'T ASK ME WHAT THE IT MEANS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANSWER, BUT BELEIVE IT OR NOT, THEY WILL DO IT.
[quote][/quote]

What makes Ex's irresistable? shocked Why didn't it work the first time? Why did he leave you for another girl or why did you go for another guy? What diffrences were there that you couldn't resolve that led to your separation? Abeg, commot! angryI reiterate that a decent 'Mrs' will not sleep with her 'ex' no matter the circumstance!
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by elizabetta(f): 4:15pm On May 19, 2008
Very wrong,it brings back old memories
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by JoyceAgim(f): 1:51am On May 20, 2008
Absolutely not.infact NOOOOOOOOO.its wrong.u married u married.forget abt ur EX.no contact shld be permitted.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by savanaha: 2:01am On May 20, 2008
I don't see why my husband should permit me to do what I want if am an adult. Further more if the ex was so amazing he would not have the status of an ex. Therefore my husband should have confidence in himself.
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by Busta(f): 2:30pm On May 20, 2008
savanaha:

I don't see why my husband should permit me to do what I want if am an adult. Further more if the ex was so amazing he would not have the status of an ex. Therefore my husband should have confidence in himself.

very well said,
but then . . .when u're married, exes need to remain in the past where they belong
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by idupaul: 4:02pm On May 20, 2008
very well said,
but then . . .when u're married, exes need to remain in the past where they belong

At last someone speaks with some wisdom,
Re: Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? by liquid7: 6:31pm On May 22, 2008
This same topic again.
To me I will let her contact and talk with whoever but she does this at her own risk .
If there is any grounds for suspect ,she has no defence .
In all the girls i dated only one kept photos and phone numbers of Ex.This weirdly enough is the one i liked most grin but not for this habit.
I just tell her i have no trouble with this but its up to her as long as she knows that if i suspect i will just leave asap no looking back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Rather Raise Twin Boys Or Twin Girls? / Why Do Women Remain In Terrible And Abusive Marriages? / My Four Months Old Baby Is Having Cattarh And Cough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.