Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:52 PM

Please Weigh In On This. Thanks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Weigh In On This. Thanks (472 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release / Nairaland Weigh In On The SNC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Weigh In On This. Thanks by FSU: 6:44am On Jul 27, 2013
I saw this on face book and thought I should share it.

UK vs. US:
Are the so-called black (so called because most are actually brown, including yours faithfully) people more integrated in the UK than in the US? This appears to me as the case; admittedly my knowledge of the UK is limited. In the US you hear of ''African American'', ''Jamaican American'', ''Haitan American'' and many other such adjectives describing black (brown) people, who by all definition are Americans. Do they also have such classifications in the UK? Or is every UK citizen just ''British/Irish'' (Northern), irrespective of their skin color? Are all the people in the UK who have an origin in Africa recent (less than 100 years) immigrants, or do they have descendants of former slaves in the UK, as we have in the US? Keep in mind that by all account, the UK was the ''father'' of the trans- Atlantic slave trade.

(1) (Reply)

ICC Accused Boko Haram Of Crimes Against Humanity / L / GEJ Once Said He Has Settled ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.