Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release (51556 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Reacts To ‘Recovery Of Weapons’ In IPOB Leader’s Home / Jasper Azuatalam Thanks Buhari For His Appointment As Executive Director, NSITF / Orji Uzor Kalu Visits Nnamdi Kanu's Family Members (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Kyase(m): 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
Mr Israel Kanu, the father of the pro-Biafra activist, Nnamdi Kanu, has thanked President Muhammadu Buhari and other Nigerians over the release of his son.

The elder Kanu is the traditional ruler of Afara Ukwu Ibeku Autonomous Community, Umuahia.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Umuahia that he was grateful to “well-meaning Nigerians for their prayers and support’’ during Nnamdi’s incarceration.

He added that he was amazed by the goodwill and show of solidarity by Nigerians, especially the pro-Biafra groups, which, he said, “stood by us for the period my son was detained.’’

He said that he was particularly grateful to God that the court acquitted his son of all the charges, including treasonable felony, brought against him.

“My family and the entire people of Afara Ukwu are happy over the release of our son and we shall continue to thank God and Nigerians for this happy event,’’ Kanu said.

The traditional ruler commended the judiciary for proving to be the hope of the common man, saying, “the judiciary applied wisdom in discharging and acquitting my son.’

He called on the pro-Biafra groups to go about their agitation peacefully and without confrontation to the government.

In a related development, Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC) also hailed the president ‘for listening to the pleas of Ndigbo and progressive Nigerians.’

In a statement made available to NAN, OYC said that Kanu’s release had doused the tension generated by his detention, adding that the development had spared Nigeria of another security challenge.

The statement was signed by the National President and Secretary of the organisation, Okechukwu Isiguzoro and Nnabuike Okwu respectively.

It said that Kanu’s release would go a long way to restore the confidence of Ndigbo in Buhari’s Administration.

“Having released Kanu, the Federal Government should go further and address all the other grievances of the pro-Biafra agitators,’’ the statement said.

According to OYC, the agitators were only protesting against the marginalisation and injustices being meted against Ndigbo.

It cited the poor state of federal roads in the South- East, abandonment of the Enugu coal mine for over 43 years, non-inclusion of Abia and Imo youths in the Niger Delta Amnesty deal, among others as instances of marginalization of Ndigbo.

On his part, the Secretary of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), Mr Uchenna Madu, described the release of its leader as ‘triumph over injustice, suppression, oppression and subjugation of IPOB.’

NAN reports that the IPOB leader was arrested and detained for allegedly running Radio Biafra, an offence considered treasonable. (NAN)
http://leadership.ng/news/484147/family-thanks-buhari-nigerians-kanus-release

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Kyase(m): 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
OK.
Don't mention, but warn him or else.....

198 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Khd95(m): 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
Obviously,buhari is president of d pplegrin
children of hate,u can gwan kiss cobrasad

227 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
very good of him

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by adonbilivit: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
if Igbos are to be produce a president come 2019, I would nominate Nnamdi KANU. he has balls, got charisma...anything he says to Igbo youths goes

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Kyase(m): 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2015
Where is lalasticlala sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Demmocrats(m): 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2015
Sai Buhari!!!

The peoples president.

31 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by jane0000(f): 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
Gud!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by jbbaba(m): 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Pavore9: 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
In Osuofia's voice....don't mention! cheesy cheesy cheesy

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by babyfaceafrica: 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
We good..be a good boy!!!

14 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by funnynation(m): 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
We don't need to thank him, our prayers and our agitation made him to release the man.. Welcome back! When are you resuming your work? I know they made u to be strong.. Ask Charly Boy..
CEO #funnyNation Entertainment..
FunnyNation Comedian say so!
My signature though...

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Chanchit: 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
Oya Nairaland IPOB members, let me give you the list of people you would thank for the release of Nnamdi.

Lalasticlala, for pushing Nnamdi's stories to fP

All anti rubbish Nairalanders, that keeps on giving you those comments that make you want to smash you curve0 against the ground, I won't even mind getting a gift, yes me, Chanchit, cos I know I tried for you guys, any IPOB thread, na so I go fly enter to give you that comment you need to spoil your day.

And lastly Seun, cos una do sotae, he add new rule to the ones we have before because of one guy called Hollandis weh hide behind female moniker.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by LoveMachine(m): 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
This is a very classy response from the elder Kanu. I appreciate this message. It might go a long way to cool the polity. Shout out to everyone who kept it peace out here. No need for more violence. We are all black. Let's show love.

10 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by BIGERBOY1: 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
Tell him to stay off crack and keep his mouth shut

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by EternalTruths: 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Kanu will be back with more Truth. cool

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Armaggedon: 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2015
No where in the article was kanu's father quoted thanking Buhari.
The zoo just want to feel important
Btw tell your nairaland mods to stop registering in BR forum

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by RisingSun1: 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
Did anybody saw how that APC leadership newspaper kept mensioning "nigerians" and how ndigbo have restored their trust in buhari because of this release.

Leadership Newspaper must be sick!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Kyase(m): 9:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
RisingSun1:
Did anybody saw how that APC leadership newspaper kept mensioning "nigerians" and how ndigbo have restored their trust in buhari because of this release.

Leadership Newspaper must be sick!

From Sahara reporters to the Nation now leadership hmm very soon you will include the sunnewpaper

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by OperationIgrigi: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
EternalTruths:
Kanu will be back with more Truth. cool

**grins** The father is only being diplomatic unfortunately the zoo does not value diplomacy. They only postponed the day of capitulation of the contraption, but ultimately the zoo will embrace it's capitulation by hook or by crook. This is not the first time he's arrested by the DSS, last time he got out he came with more painful truth and this time won't be different. grin **grins**

10 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by AshiwajuFoward: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
Armaggedon:
No where in the article was kanu's father quoted thanking Buhari.

The zoo just want to feel important

Btw tell your nairaland mods to stop registering in BR forum

Keep deceiving yourself there, you hear? Everyone knows that Kanu's release is a result of the Buhari Administration's magnanimity, and nothing more. He was at the mercy of a 'zoo' court and judge, and could've been tried and found guilty and heaven wouldn't have fallen. The least you lot can do is to thank Buhari like Ohaneze Youth Council did for the generous gesture, and move on. Your grandstanding can't alter these facts on ground.

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by LadyExcellency: 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
Thank Buhari for ordering the massacre of unarmed Biafra protesters and Nigerians for supporting such savagery and justifying the deaths of innocent civilians

Nigeria can never be a united country but "One Nigeria" until oil from the Niger Delta runs out or becomes commercially flat.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by meezynetwork(m): 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
I thought some people said he will die in detention, he will be charged for treason. Well, I never really supported kanu nor biafran agitation but DSS has successfully made kanu to be a public figure. They just gave him the right platform to agitated internationally now. He will be seen as a freedom fighter now that he is more popular. The federal government should have just ignore him and he would have gotten tired. But now, He is the one winning and I will with the winning team. That young man pulled a crowd nobody have ever pulled in Nigeria, not even during campaign did we see such crowd. He is surpassing Ojukwu.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
Thank buhari ke !! For what kwanu? Court gave order for nnamdi Release not buhari...

They should sue buhari for illegal detention not thanking him

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by OperationIgrigi: 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2015
**grins** First Kanu will be addressing a world media conference very soon and it will be hot! Even CNN wouldn't want to miss out. IBTimes of UK will tell you that their readership have increased tremendously since they started reporting on Biafran issues. **grins**

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Litmus: 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:
He was at the mercy of a 'zoo' court and judge, and could've been tried and found guilty and .

lol, presumably he might have been found guilty and thrown to the lions and hyenas grin

but seriously i still don't get the ZOO stich. Zoos are orderly places, Nigeria is not. ZOOs are tourists attractions, Nigeria is not. Animals in a zoo are separated by spices into cages to prevent conflict, Nigerian tribes are not separated. Actually a Nigeria separated along ethnic lines such as Biafra implies would be nearer the Zoo ideal. Perhaps the Zoo was meant to imply that Nigerians are like animals but Nigerians are animals. All humans are like animals because we are mammalian animals. So, don't get it undecided

I suppose it just sounds derogatory and this is the point....but. By the way, the word plausible used to mean something that sounds true or reasonable but is not.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
Welcome back Sir, but who will replace those that were killed during the protest ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by sukkot: 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
ndigbo thanking buhari for not breaking his foot up nnamdi kanus ass grin grin

nnamdi kanu will go home and pretend he never heard biafra in his life. he will become a nice citizen of nigeria. trust me. they have warned him and he knows they are serious this time. the biafran revolution is dead. nnamdi kanu has been deactivated

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by investigator007: 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
ok.. I just dey observe cool cool cool cool cool

Meanwhile in another news,

I urgently need scrap vessels to buy.

20,000T and above (any location within Nigeria)

3,000T & above (Lagos only)

PM me if you have a confirm one.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Holatunde007(m): 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
don't only thank but train ur child the way u ought to

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Isiaka Adeleke's Corpse Being Buried In Osun (Photos) / See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / Three Abducted Greenfield Varsity Students Found Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.