Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,167 members, 7,835,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt (29573 Views)

Chidi Lloyd's Plans To Flee Foiled By Police / Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers / Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by texaco1: 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
slimghost: I don't know why some animals here are calling for bipi's arrest! Trying to impeach a speaker is not a criminal offense and there is no video evidence of him attacking anybody. The only video evidence we hv seen is that of one animal called Llyod "aluuing" his colleague. That man should be ssent to the zoo or a psychiatric hospital because only an animal or a mentally deranged fellow would do that!
Thank you,someone committed an offence but was smart enough to make sure that there was no evidence against him,the second person committed another offence and allowed himself to be recorded ,maybe he thought he was acting a nollywood movie
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by jackydon(m): 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Last to comment, GEJ at work.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
PROPAGANDA
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by Bushdiri(m): 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
In Nigeria when a HIV AIDS victim dies,the family member points to one uncle as the killer, even some Nairalanders that can read and write, will also foolishly be pointing fingers to president Janathan, let's be reasonable, Chidi should be jailed.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by ssii: 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
texaco1:
Thank you,someone committed an offence but was smart enough to make sure that there was no evidence against him,the second person committed another offence and allowed himself to be recorded ,maybe he thought he was acting a nollywood movie

Are you saying you did'nt see the video of Bipi's confession.

With the likes of you and slimghost, Nigeria is doomed. You are ready to sell your destiny and that of your children for the crumbs of bread you are eating off Gej and Wike. But sorry for you, gej will not be president forever.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by chuksoyo21(m): 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
I strongly oppose Chidi Lloyed's act in the Rivers State House of Assembly fraca. We must understand that somethng actually lead to the fight in the house. If Evans Bipi brought a fake mace to the house with the intention of impeaching the speaker and hit bLloyed first, both of them should be invited for questioning. For God sake, we are in a democratic society w. And chidi Lloyd should be made to appear b4 a law court within the stipulated time as specified by S.35 (5b) of the 1999 Constitution. The role of the police in this case is one sided, and that shouldnt be the case. The issue is supposed to be handled with an unbiass approach.
Chidi Lloyeds erred, and he should be made to face the law. So also, does Evans Bipi. Its criminal to exchange house mace with a fake one. And as such, like cases must be treated alike.
If what i heard is anythng to go by; that Evans would be going to Aso Rock 2morrow. Then, believe me that President Jonathan is the Unseen hand in the crisis rocking Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by chuksoyo21(m): 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2013
I strongly oppose Chidi Lloyed's act in the Rivers State House of Assembly fraca. We must understand that somethng actually lead to the fight in the house. If Evans Bipi brought a fake mace to the house with the intention of impeaching the speaker and hit chidi Lloyed first, both of them should be invited for questioning. For God sake, we are in a democratic society w. And chidi Lloyd should be made to appear b4 a law court within the stipulated time as specified by S.35 (5b) of the 1999 Constitution. The role of the police in this case is one sided, and that shouldnt be the case. The issue is supposed to be handled with an unbiass approach.
Chidi Lloyeds erred, and he should be made to face the law. So also, does Evans Bipi. Its criminal to exchange house mace with a fake one. And as such, like cases must be treated alike.
If what i heard is anythng to go by; that Evans would be going to Aso Rock 2morrow. Then, believe me that President Jonathan is the Unseen hand in the crisis rocking Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by delors(m): 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ok, so we wanted him prosecuted but not persecuted before he is convicted. This is so undemocratic!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by Phonon: 2:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
I hope the police use their own mace(baton) on him.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by ochukoccna: 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
texaco1:
And ho told you that Bipi wasn't caught on video?
Did you not see him punching and flooring someone in STV's clip of the River's State show of shame?
Too bad all you swamp a$$ lickers do not see the precipice Nigeria is about to fall into angry angry
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by Youngtekkey(m): 2:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
brooklyn49: yu r even crazy the more...wat du yu Ub yu Extra-fish brain tink z behind dis? maturity is nt by age...grow up soon jor
seems u are obe"mad" well i won't say anything much coz i see that u are ravenous after u chop finish then i can hear what u want to say
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by Martyns77: 3:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
Honestly Badluck Jonathan is a dictator and The fire will consume him and his family.Abacha is better than him.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by Spray(m): 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
rooftech: abacha was better
abacha na saint walahi
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by ericgold(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
justsayemma: He is being mal treated b4 prosecution,he didn't just start hitting d man like dat,somtyn wuld ve prompted it.this clearly shows dat Fg is not neutral on dis.

that does nt justify his actions bros,honourables as there are called shudnt act dt way,wt is he trying to pass to the common man that for u to settle score is by using d MACE.he shud be locked up,he is nt worthy to be called HOnourable..
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by MAYOWAAK: 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
Instead of this one to chop me, e better make "Chidi" of the Lloyds dishonourable Assembly use their mace knack me well well. At least, I fit survive that one.

Oga "Lloyds", where you dey? Abeg, come flog me with una Assembly mace oh. After all, na you go first run go radio station say na me plank you. You can lie...

People, please advise Oga Chidi to come with his mace. At least, I fit go hospital if na una mace but, this one na him 'belle' him wan put me. Where is Chidi the mace Player?

Tufiakwa!

Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by wirinet(m): 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
israel ben-zion:

My friend, d facts can successfully sustain a charge of attempted murder.check ur Criminal Code Act or Criminal Code Laws Rivers State before u assume.

My friend you allow prejudice to becloud your judgement. Do you have an idea of what it takes to sustain a murder or attempted murder charge? The police would first have to provide a motive for murder, then they have to show evidence of pre-meditation, meaning the killing was planned and not accidental. If chinda had died, the most likely charge police would have evidence for is manslaughter.

Lets wait for the case to go to court to see the charges against Chidi Lloyd, that is if the courts can assume jurisdiction for something that happened on the floor of the state assembly.

I wish the executive and the police follow normal legal procedures, it would enrich our jurisprudence. Thee police have no just cause to detain chidi more than 48hrs before taking him to court. What other evidence do they need to extract from chidi. They have video evidence, the should have gotten written statements from Lloyd, they should have gotten written statements from all witnesses that saw the macing. So why the illegal detention?

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by humpito(m): 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2013
The truth must be told. Chidi lloyd is a beast,I don't want to know who is right or wrong. Hitting a fellow human severally on the head is inhuman.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by JBL316: 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
Wait o...no b dis thug wan kill person bcoz say dem disagree with am? Ehen na...power pas power...muhehehehehehehehehehe
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by rote231(m): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
justsayemma: He is being mal treated b4 prosecution,he didn't just start hitting d man like dat,somtyn wuld ve prompted it.this clearly shows dat Fg is not neutral on dis.

Irrespective of whatever that might v occurred, what right does chidi v to attack n maim a member of the floor. Also, he has d guts to hit with d MACE @ d assembly!! He must b prosecuted n Jailed to serve as a lesson. Not just chidi bt also the MILITARY personel that held and beat d victim, they both must face d consequences.
Even if there's a mutiny, there r ways its been done!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by wirinet(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
rote231:

Irrespective of whatever that might v occurred, what right does chidi v to attack n maim a member of the floor. Also, he has d guts to hit with d MACE @ d assembly!! He must b prosecuted n Jailed to serve as a lesson. Not just chidi bt also the MILITARY personel that held and beat d victim, they both must face d consequences.
Even if there's a mutiny, there r ways its been done!

As i said, attempted murder charge would be very difficult to prove. But if chinda had died, even a manslaughter case against Chidi would be difficult. You would have to prove that the macing alone killed the victim. As was shown on the video, honourable chinda was beaten by three different people, so the courts would have a difficult time deciphering which of the blows or combination of blows actually killed him.

And besides why were the other 2 assailants not arrested with chidi Lloyd. It seems they are only after chidi.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by texaco1: 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
wirinet:

As i said, attempted murder charge would be very difficult to prove. But if chinda had died, even a manslaughter case against Chidi would be difficult. You would have to prove that the macing alone killed the victim. As you was shown on the video, honourable chinda was beaten by three different people, so the courts would have a difficult time deciphering which of the blows or combination of blows actually killed him.

And besides why are the other 2 assailants being arrested with chidi Lloyd. It seems they are only after chidi.
The bottom line of the whole issue is that chidi walked straight into a trap,the anti amaechi group knew definitely their actions will bring a violent reaction
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by israelbenzion: 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
wirinet:

My friend you allow prejudice to becloud your judgement. Do you have an idea of what it takes to sustain a murder or attempted murder charge? The police would first have to provide a motive for murder, then they have to show evidence of pre-meditation, meaning the killing was planned and not accidental. If chinda had died, the most likely charge police would have evidence for is manslaughter.
Now u r d one with a totally flawed reasoning. If u were abreast of d facts, u wud hv heard dat one of Chidi's defenses was dat he was attacked first EARLIER in d day. He came back to the House after the initial attack and d video picked it up frm there. The Amaechi camp doesn't deny this fact: infact, I heard it directly frm d man representing Etche in d House in d first radio interview granted by Nigeria Info. That is dia own side of the story and Chidi confirms it. Now, if a man (or his friends) has done sumtin to u and u walk away and come back to revenge, how else do u prove premeditation? And mind u, premeditation does not involve a specific length of time. It can take me 3 mins to decide to kill u. The short span of time between wen I made up my mind and d time I actually took steps is enough to ground d mens rea of dat offence. More so, d best way to interpret a man's intentions is tru his actions because jurists all over agree that "even the devil knows not what is in d heart of man". Frm d continued bashing of the man's skull, not once or twice, with an object as lethal as a metal mace, wat wud a judge deduce dat Lloyd's intention was?
I wish I were d prosecuting counsel and u were d defence counsel. U for see weda e be as u think.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by andyanders: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
It is better for them to kill him.Why must he use such weapon on his follow man? In fact, Loyd must be executed.Let police waste him.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by ProfSule(m): 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
[size=38pt]All hail General Muarmar Jonathan Goodluck El- Gaddafi - The military ruler of Nigeria [/size]

Animal.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by bigmo1(m): 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
ssii:

Are you saying you did'nt see the video of Bipi's confession.

With the likes of you and slimghost, Nigeria is doomed. You are ready to sell your destiny and that of your children for the crumbs of bread you are eating off Gej and Wike. But sorry for you, gej will not be president forever.
Who told u slimghost is getting crumbs or getting paid for his hypocrisy and mediocrity? The guy is leaving in "awesome" poverty. Guys like slimghost are just delusional. They don't know what d phuck they are doing or saying.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by ideology(m): 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
Dudu_Negro: I have just one question for Mr Lloyd......

I need the mace, where is it?
oga the mace was fake, the original one was used later for their session
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by wirinet(m): 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
israel ben-zion:

Now u r d one with a totally flawed reasoning. If u were abreast of d facts, u wud hv heard dat one of Chidi's defenses was dat he was attacked first EARLIER in d day. He came back to the House after the initial attack and d video picked it up frm there. The Amaechi camp doesn't deny this fact: infact, I heard it directly frm d man representing Etche in d House in d first radio interview granted by Nigeria Info. That is dia own side of the story and Chidi confirms it. Now, if a man (or his friends) has done sumtin to u and u walk away and come back to revenge, how else do u prove premeditation? And mind u, premeditation does not involve a specific length of time. It can take me 3 mins to decide to kill u. The short span of time between wen I made up my mind and d time I actually took steps is enough to ground d mens rea of dat offence. More so, d best way to interpret a man's intentions is tru his actions because jurists all over agree that "even the devil knows not what is in d heart of man". Frm d continued bashing of the man's skull, not once or twice, with an object as lethal as a metal mace, wat wud a judge deduce dat Lloyd's intention was?
I wish I were d prosecuting counsel and u were d defence counsel. U for see weda e be as u think.

I have followed this case and the argument presented by Chidi and his G27 is that Bipi and his group beat him and the speaker up and drove them all out of the legislative chambers - preventing them from carrying out their legislative functions. They called the Governor, who provided security cover as the regular police decided to support Bipi and his thugs. On coming back to the chambers with under cover of Amaechi's security, they decided to drive the G5 who were impersonating the speaker and the house of assembly with a fake mace. All others ran away but honourable chinda proved stubborn, so he maced him until he vacated the assembly chambers and then they proceeded with their leguslative duties. That has been the defense of Chidi and his goup. Revenge was never adduced as the reason for Chidi macing Chinda. chidi Lloyd did not accuse chinda of beating him earlier, it was bipi that was accused of beating the speaker and chidi and driving all other legislators out with thugs leaving only the other 4 in his camp.

Yes, we saw Chidi and 2 other people assaulting Honourable Chinda on video, but to insinurate that Lloyd was attempting to murder Honerable chinda would be a long shot. And I would then ask why did'nt Lloyd murder chinda if he actually premeditated to murder him? From the video evidence Chinda was at the mercy of Lloyd, two or three more massive macing would have killed him, but he allowed him to walk away.

I just wish, the police would allow the case to take its regular course, but I doubt it very much as this is more of a political case than a judicial one.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by israelbenzion: 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
^^^^^
Lemme disagree on one point: it has been their defence that Chidi was first attacked and he was acting in self-defence. How cud he come back just to drive away d G5 (as u so aptly call them)? Is he part of the security detail? Anyway, d point is dat d same facts u use in defending him could also be used to convict him if d matter is pursued vigorously.if it were not revenge how come he went to hospital immediately if not to buttress d fact of the attack on his person? If it were not premeditated, which particular act by Chinda cud Lloyd rely on as having provoked d immediate attack? By what stretch of imagination cud a mace attack be justified as a reasonable means of chasing someone away frm d Floor? What happened to shoving and dragging?what happened to pushing and pulling? Was there any exchange d moment Looyd reentered d chambers between him and Chinda? So wat prompted d 'macing' upon his immediate entrance to d chambers if it was not premeditated? In fact, let us(u and me) go academic. Let's file a hypothetical written address on this based on d facts as they are, relying purely on d video evidence let's explore wat d law says on all diz issues. Care to send ur email address?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by oyinmio: 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
" For Want of a Nail " little things do have great consequences.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by Vicilo(m): 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
Chidis count charges ar 1, Attempt murder , 2 Assault , 3 Batterry , 4 Sabotage , etc . dat man has killed b4 , frm d way he smashed d maze on his coleages head without hesitation . Let him face d police and court music it serves him right .
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by wirinet(m): 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
israel ben-zion:
^^^^^
Lemme disagree on one point: it has been their defence that Chidi was first attacked and he was acting in self-defence. How cud he come back just to drive away d G5 (as u so aptly call them)? Is he part of the security detail? Anyway, d point is dat d same facts u use in defending him could also be used to convict him if d matter is pursued vigorously.if it were not revenge how come he went to hospital immediately if not to buttress d fact of the attack on his person? If it were not premeditated, which particular act by Chinda cud Lloyd rely on as having provoked d immediate attack? By what stretch of imagination cud a mace attack be justified as a reasonable means of chasing someone away frm d Floor? What happened to shoving and dragging?what happened to pushing and pulling? Was there any exchange d moment Looyd reentered d chambers between him and Chinda? So wat prompted d 'macing' upon his immediate entrance to d chambers if it was not premeditated? In fact, let us(u and me) go academic. Let's file a hypothetical written address on this based on d facts as they are, relying purely on d video evidence let's explore wat d law says on all diz issues. Care to send ur email address?

First I am. not in support of Chidi macing Chinda, it is a barbaric act. He should face the full wrath of the law ( if he is not protected by the same law by way of legislative immunity). But I am just using my lay mans knowledge of the law. Chinda obviously rushed to the hospital to draw sympathy. You should know most of the people we have as state assembly members and national assembly members have been identified as thugs, 419ers, drug barons, etc. So expecting Lloyd,Bipi, Chinda and so to be genlemanly and fight by pushing and shoving is being too utopic. I am even surprised star bottles were not broken and used to stab each other.

First the mace that should act as the murder weapon was not brought from home by chinda but was high-jacked from the floor to be used to drive Bipi and his group. If he premediated to commit murder he would have brought the murder weapon with him.

Ok, I hope I have time to take you up on your challenge, we would have to examine the macing video frame by frame and put all relating press statements into consideration in the written address.

my mail address is same as my username with a yahoo.com
Re: Chidi Lloyd Was Tortured & Blindfolded Back Into Port-Harcourt by VoteOutPDPJona: 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
ssii:

Attacking his fellow lawmakers, bringing in thugs into the house, attempting to collect riffle from an officer, bringing in a fake mace etc. Instead of being in police custody with Lloyd, he was a guest at the state house.

'Hon' Bipi came into the Rivers state assembly complex with young men chanting VIKINGS CONFRA slogan, (I doubt if they are real sailors) boasted on camera how he beat Lloyd, yet he walks about a free man.
Tomorrow, Transparency International will call us a nation infected with CORRUPTION AND IMPUNITY and next the souls at ASO ROCK will issue statement claiming it is not a true reflection of the situation on ground.

[size=14pt]PEOPLE[/size] [size=14pt]DECEIVING[/size] [size=14pt]PEOPLE![/size] (excluding me!!)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Francis Mgboh, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Writes Orji Uzor Kalu For His Negotiation / If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid / How Reno Omokri Summarised His 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.