Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing (2299 Views)

I Have Never Believed In Going Around And Applying For Jobs / "Foreign Trained Graduates Are Not Necessarily Better" - Nimi Akinkugbe / Nigerian Graduates Are Employable Only After Polishing- CEO, Accenture Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by bestads(m): 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
Graduates are looking for Jobs while Illiterates are Billionaires and employing the graduates to pay them peanuts

You may abuse me or say what ever you like, but i have discovered that Young Nigerians especially the graduates think their lives and livelihood revolves around their certificates especially those with second class upper.

Well if what you studied is a ticket to a better and successful life, then Bill Gates,Coscharis,Chachangi,Gabriel Igbinedion,Ekene Dilichukwu, Mark Zuckerberg of facebook and Michael Dell of Dell Computers will have been very poor or miserable.

Instead of A nigerian young graduate to look for a small business to start with at least N50K, he/she prefers to buy Samsung galaxy s4,Iphone5,Ipad10,BB Q10 ,BB Z10 all at the same time just to show off that he or she has arrived.

These days the internet has even made it easier to start a biz with as low as N20k which a lot of these graduates using expensive phones can afford, Alibaba.com ,fiverr.com, amazon.com and a lot of other good websites has made it easier for us to start mini import businesses and online advertsising businesses, all of us must not be linda ikeji or bellanaija,

For those aspiring to work in the banks or are already working in the banks...there is no security there,

SALARY WILL ALWAYS BE SLAVERY NO MATTER YOUR TAKE HOME OR YOUR POSITION, the current MD of shell cannot ask his child to succeed him as MD ,but Mike Adenuga's children are already Directors in GLO and people older than their father are reporting to them.

When i was growing up, there was this saying that EDUCATION was the best legacy a father can live for his children, but unfortunately, your father needs to absorb you into his private business these days in addition to the education he has given you.

SO instead of foolishly buying expensive phones and remain unemployed, use that money to start a small business, Becuase YOU PLAN WELL TO GROW BIG, YOU DO NOT GROW BIG TO PLAN WELL.
GTB,Zenith Bank,facebook,Microsoft, Dell computers all started small in one one room.

Dont be too greedy, Success is not overnight but over time and efforts, a salaried job is only a temporary solution, your own businesses that you grow with your youthful zeal,strenght, intelligence and vigours is the real solution.

How on earth can your branch manager be giving you a monthly target of N100m deposit and your salary is not over N100K and you have to do immoral things to meet this target even if your pastor see you as a good xtian girl or boy.

have a nice time

6 Likes

Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by Cultured(m): 1:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
@OP

Although , your write-up makes some little sense , however you seemed not to know the true meaning of education , you come across as one among the multitudes that do equate people who attend formal institution ( especially higher institutions ) as they only learned/literate people ,thus the reason why you have termed the successful entrepreneurs you mentioned their names up there as illiterates - that's where you got it wrong, believe you me , all those you named up there are more educated than you ( no insult intended ), show me a successful person and I will point to you an educated person. My point is , that someone did not attend/dropped out formal institution of learning ( by the way 90% of people who attended formal institutions of learning are not properly educated ) does not automatically make the person an illiterate . The best form of education anyone can acquire is self and continuous education and the only place to gain this priceless form of education is via informal education- this is what those successful entrepreneurs you mentioned up there has . Thank me later for putting you through. That been said , I'm a proponent of sound formal basic education ( primary and secondary education ) .

9 Likes

Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by bestads(m): 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
@cultured this people you mention did not have university education, but they learnt entrepreneural skills
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by eddy42k(m): 2:21am On Jul 29, 2013
bestads: @cultured this people you mention did not have university education, but they learnt entrepreneural skills

You are very right my brother.education does not guarantee your success. Its just a guide for those who have the brain. as for me I have had offer from companies willing to pay me 500k monthly for my skill but I can t be traped ... I will tell u my story latter..but am a very happy young man with just secondary sch cert...I pay graduate I can't stand to say I am ....but I Thank God..bottom line aqauire skill. Am just 29
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by Cultured(m): 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
bestads: @cultured this people you mention did not have university education, but they learnt entrepreneural skills

You seem to be a confused dude , or you are a cheap attention seeker . Which names did I mentioned in my response to your thread ?
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by bestads(m): 1:46am On Aug 31, 2013
Cultured:

You seem to be a confused dude , or you are a cheap attention seeker . Which names did I mentioned in my response to your thread ?
you are the confused as all you think is salary
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by olaeffect(m): 8:28am On Aug 31, 2013
Good write up.

The main reason for education is to enlighten the mind and make the life of man better.

The educational system, formal or informal has been in existence before the advent of regular "jobs"

I agree that going to school getting good grades only for the hope of looking for a good job should be discouraged. Nigerian youths can go to school get good grades and still start and develop a good business.
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by nestaAK(m): 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
To me most names are definetly not associated with persons who are illiterate..
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 01, 2013
hmmmm......Nothing pays than to be self employed o....
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by 234GT(m): 10:45am On Sep 01, 2013
All man for himself.
I have never thought of being an enterpreneur and I will never do so. I am more comfortable with earning a good salary. cool
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by bestads(m): 2:56am On Sep 02, 2013
234GT: All man for himself.
I have never thought of being an enterpreneur and I will never do so. I am more comfortable with earning a good salary. cool

when you are old and retired ,never complain that your children dont have jobs because you failed to set up your own business that will absorb them,because there will be over 1 million graduates looking for one job by then
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by 234GT(m): 5:35am On Sep 02, 2013
bestads:

when you are old and retired ,never complain that your children dont have jobs because you failed to set up your own business that will absorb them,because there will be over 1 million graduates looking for one job by then

Must my children depend on me? My children must choose their paths in life; either to become enterpreneurs or look for jobs. Mine is to provide for them the best education I can afford. My father did not help me get a job, and I don't think I should become an enterpreneur because I am scared my children won't get jobs.
If there are one billion graduates by then, the very best of them will still get good jobs.
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by wofaiwillis: 6:23am On Sep 02, 2013
Lol
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by Amhappy(f): 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
Instead of fighting over this why not share the great testmonials. Looking forward to your story @eddy42k
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by Incrizz(f): 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
234GT: All man for himself.

Bestads great write up really.

But the truth is, some of us become leaders serving, become leaders following, become leaders helping others grow.
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by zogo(m): 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
Incrizz:

Bestads great write up really.

But the truth is, some of us become leaders serving, become leaders following, become leaders helping others grow.

I prefer to work and earn salary. Being a business owner ONLY is such a grueling task for me.

Maybe I will take the advice of THE RICHEST MAN IN BABYLON which is "Mind your business" meaning Own your own business even if you are on a salary job.

Someone please teach me business.

If your serious i will teach u a part time business you can run from your backyard, and you could be making fortunes yearly. Its called Heliculture (Scientific Snail Farming). See details here: www.snailfarmingng..com
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by Incrizz(f): 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
M
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by Incrizz(f): 10:52am On Oct 07, 2013
Whatever.
Re: Graduates Are Looking For Jobs While Illiterates Are Billionaires And Employing by bestads(m): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2014

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Military Ranks – Army, Navy And Airforce / Advice!!! MBBS Or Veterinary Med ? / 6 Reasons You Should NOT Marry A Female Accountant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.