Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Property Development In Nigeria? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Property Development In Nigeria? (2993 Views)

Property Development In Sabon Lugbe East Extension, Lugbe, Abuja by S.A.E LTD / Anambra State Lands And Property Development / Tigerkenn Homes Property Development Initiative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Property Development In Nigeria? by HRhotness(f): 7:38pm On May 27, 2008
Property development is an area I am quite interested in and as an architect I have had the pleasure of working on a number of projects.

Just wondering if it exists in Nigeria and if not, how responsive the nigerian market would be to the idea
Re: Property Development In Nigeria? by realest: 2:02pm On May 28, 2008
Yes,property development does exist in Nigeria though its a new and fast growing sector i the real estate industry. It had been neglected for a while and all of a suden, everyone seems to be going into it!I guess its the next industry that'll boom in Nigeria.I work with a property development firm and do hope to set up mine after i've gain tons of experience.You are welcome to the industry!
Re: Property Development In Nigeria? by HRhotness(f): 9:49pm On May 28, 2008
Cool,
Just wondering who the target market is tho, not many individuals buy houses outright do they?
Re: Property Development In Nigeria? by 2Rich4U(m): 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2008
Cool,
Just wondering who the target market is tho, not many individuals buy houses outright do they?

Its an area I'm trying to get into in Nigeria myself. Due to the middle class that are kind of coming back now alot of ppl have access to loans and mortgage so they are able to purchase outright.

HR - we can share ideas,
Re: Property Development In Nigeria? by hakir(m): 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2008
hello nairalanders

given the senerio of abuja as a capital city of which am more familiar with in respect to property development, i think it is the going trend now as more people tend to invest in large estate development.

the present list of ppty devt in respect to large residential estates can't be exhasuted on this forum as its endless.

i think its a boom. i knw of daimond court that just sold 7 units of houses from its 42 units yet on foundation level.

i think the recapitalisation has really helped in this regards as banks are all out encouraging prospective real estate investors.

i also think the mortgage institution should be looked into to encourage more propective buyers.

by and large i will give it a 65% pass mark on abuja base

hakir

onivehu2000@yahoo.com
Re: Property Development In Nigeria? by HRhotness(f): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2008
I know there is definately a growing market for new developments. . .

whats the deal with refurbishments and restorations?
Re: Property Development In Nigeria? by 2Rich4U(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2008

I know there is definately a growing market for new developments. . .

whats the deal with refurbishments and restorations?

Alot of ppl are interested in the new developments, i'm not sure if ppl are into restorations and renovations yet.
Re: Property Development In Nigeria? by hakir(m): 9:05pm On Jun 14, 2008
hi

renovation and refurbishment as the case may be is also equally on the raise. as i said, i speak more of abuja.

most government houses sold out on owners occupier bases are wearing a new look with total transformation

in as much as blighted houses are being upgraded, this does not tie down the growth or the much seen real estate

devt on the high scale. for one, abuja still ve a long way to go in respect to housing. coporate bodies, civil society groups

,various individuals and foreigners are trooping in on a geometric rate and we all knw that housing supply is inelastic .

also it is also evidence in the high level of traffic in abuja to justify its growth. people are getting to knw that the one

real source of security and value for money over time is real estate, which sparingly depreciates in value.

by and large ppty devt in abuja is worth going into.

u will still need to do ur appraisal study though.

hakir

onivehu2000@yahoo.com
Re: Property Development In Nigeria? by LadyT(f): 9:58am On Jun 25, 2008
Where are the hot spots for buying land and average cost?
Re: Property Development In Nigeria? by beelyjay45(m): 12:43pm On Jun 25, 2008
Lady T, the hottest spot where you can aquire properties are central business area, Garki Area 1,2,3,7,8,10,11, , Wuse Zone1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, maitama, jabi, utako,asokoro
Re: Property Development In Nigeria? by hakir(m): 8:55am On Jun 26, 2008
appraising hot spot areas in abuja, we should be looking at potential upcoming areas which are presently been serviced with infrastructue. honestly, if u

seek an average cost of land with great potentials places like guzape, asokoro extention, jabi by mr biggs, karimu were infrastructure services are

presently been done and propose new legislative quarters site, katampe extension , gwarinpa and life camp.

if ur plan is 2 to 5 years from now u got a great deal with the aforementioned areas.

guzape early last year a 1000m2 was going for 1.5- 2.5m but now it is 15 - 20m and yet constuction has not started as infrastructure in the area is near

completion. so also goes for these other areas.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Introduction Of The Eden's Ville Estate, Simawa. Behind The Redemption Camp. / Urban Base Estate Bogije, Ajah(6.5M).Title: Governor's Consent / PSA: Diasporans Building In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.