Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. (8944 Views)

2 Nigeria Pastors Kidnapped After Gunmen Storm Church Camp / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Dress Code At A Particular Church Camp Ground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by italo: 10:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
superior1:
And what happens if I show you from his post and other Catholic source the year that theory became a doctrine?

Then I'd be a very happy man.
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by superior1: 12:05am On Jul 29, 2013
italo:

No! The writings show that the early Church fathers believed in the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist.

Let me quickly teach you one small thing about Catholic doctrine. That a doctrine is officially defined today does not mean today is when the Church started believing that thing. That is why I gave you those early writings to show that the Church has always believed in the real presence since the beginning. I'd still like to read from your link. I'm sure it will corroborate what I have said.

For us Catholics, it is not a mere "theory". Jesus said "this is my body...this is my blood." And we believe it as a fact.

Italo, these issue can be divide into 2.
1. The biblical perception of the Lord's supper
2. When real blood became a dogma or doctrine of catholic faith.

You assumed quite wrongly that I don't have any insight on catholism. You have showed me many works (articles) done by so called holy fathers but catholic doctrine aren't based on such articles..

Dogmas or doctrines of the catholic faith is what is binding on all members. The ecumenical council and the pope have the responsibility to issue doctrines and not any other. If it is not a doctrine or a dogma, it is not a doctrine and it is not binding on catholics.

So tell me, when did the real blood theory became a dogma( binding on all catholics), when was it affirmed by (which) pope, by which ecumenical council and at what year?. Also answer if prior to then it was a dogma? even if I agreed the holy fathers wrote those articles you pasted prior to the time of innocent 3.

I want us to thrash that out before we go into biblical hermeneutics and see what christ was saying at the last supper.
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 12:26am On Jul 29, 2013
emal22: I know that redeem camp in lagos ibadan express road has paid accomodation for
people that want to stay and pray. I spoke to them on phone and i was told
they have a conference and so there will be no accomodation.
So can any one help me with another such camp in nigeria and the rates?
thanks
please can you drop the RCCG number here thanks
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by Syncan(m): 1:20am On Jul 29, 2013
emal22: I know that redeem camp in lagos ibadan express road has paid accomodation for
people that want to stay and pray. I spoke to them on phone and i was told
they have a conference and so there will be no accomodation.
So can any one help me with another such camp in nigeria and the rates?
thanks

If you don't mind the east, the Monastery in awhum, Enugu state is a wonderful place. It has a "Calvary" mountain and a beautiful waterfall. The nigerian "saint" Iwene Tansi was there in his lifetime, he did encounter God there too. You can even get free accomodation or pay a little fee for feeding and room.
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by SalC: 2:26am On Jul 29, 2013
italo:

Where is that? In Nigeria?

I have always 'bragged' about St Dominic's Yaba having the shortest Sunday masses in Nigeria (1hr-1hr 15mins). Lol...
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by SalC: 2:27am On Jul 29, 2013
italo:

Where is that? In Nigeria?

I have always 'bragged' about St Dominic's Yaba having the shortest Sunday masses in Nigeria (1hr-1hr 15mins). Lol...
You might still be right. The mass I talked about was celebrated in a hospital chapel. It seems the priest knew we had emergency cases at hand yet we on duty and most patients and their relatives were still willing to attend mass which he can't deny us, so he had to make it brief. About 50mins and we returned to our duty posts.
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by italo: 8:34am On Jul 29, 2013
superior1:
Italo, these issue can be divide into 2.
1. The biblical perception of the Lord's supper
2. When real blood became a dogma or doctrine of catholic faith.

You assumed quite wrongly that I don't have any insight on catholism. You have showed me many works (articles) done by so called holy fathers but catholic doctrine aren't based on such but dogma.

Dogmas or doctrines of the catholic faith is binding on all members. The ecumenical council and the pope have the responsibility to issue dogmas and not any other.

So tell me, when did the real blood theory became a dogma binding on all catholics, when was it affirmed by (which) pope, by which ecumenical council and at what year?. Also answer if prior to then it was a dogma? even if I agreed the holy fathers wrote those articles you pasted prior to the time of innocent 3

I want us to thrash that out before we go into biblical hermeneutics and see what christ was saying at the last supper.

You seem to have forgotten totally the title and purpose of this thread.

I got on here to help the OP seek the face of God by referring him to the Blessed Sacrament.

I have demonstrated to you why we believe the Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ, using the words of Jesus.

You are the one who said the "theory" came up under Pope Innocent III. I refuted that with early writings of Church fathers.

You then said you could show us when the "doctrine" came into existence.

That has nothing to do with my point.

It is your job to show us how Pope Innocent III came up with the "theory", when the "doctrine" came into existence and tell us how that affects my position.

I am waiting.
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by italo: 8:39am On Jul 29, 2013
Syncan:

If you don't mind the east, the Monastery in awhum, Enugu state is a wonderful place. It has a "Calvary" mountain and a beautiful waterfall. The nigerian "saint" Iwene Tansi was there in his lifetime, he did encounter God there too. You can even get free accomodation or pay a little fee for feeding and room.

I have read about that place in a magazine published by Carmelite monks.

Hope to be there one day.
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by italo: 8:41am On Jul 29, 2013
Sal C: You might still be right. The mass I talked about was celebrated in a hospital chapel. It seems the priest knew we had emergency cases at hand yet we on duty and most patients and their relatives were still willing to attend mass which he can't deny us, so he had to make it brief. About 50mins and we returned to our duty posts.

Sensible and needful thing.
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by superior1: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2013
italo:

You seem to have forgotten totally the title and purpose of this thread.

I got on here to help the OP seek the face of God by referring him to the Blessed Sacrament.

I have demonstrated to you why we believe the Eucharist is the body and blood of Christ, using the words of Jesus.

You are the one who said the "theory" came up under Pope Innocent III. I refuted that with early writings of Church fathers.

You then said you could show us when the "doctrine" came into existence.

That has nothing to do with my point.

It is your job to show us how Pope Innocent III came up with the "theory", when the "doctrine" came into existence and tell us how that affects my position.

I am waiting.

I sure haven't forgotten the purpose of the thread and I even suggested earlier that we defer the topic but since you want it discussed here, so be it.

I have told you and will repeat it. It was Pope Innocent 3 that decreed the dogma of Transubstantiation (real body and blood theory) in 1215. Now if this is not true, just say so before I continue
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by italo: 10:55am On Jul 29, 2013
superior1:
I have told you and will repeat it. It was Pope Innocent 3 that decreed the dogma of Transubstantiation (real body and blood theory) in 1215.

This is a lie/untruth. You havent told me this.

What you said is:
superior1:
But It was Pope Innocent 3 that brought the real blood and flesh theory, wasn't he?
And
superior1:
Make this simple and answer the question, if not Innocent 3, who invented real blood theory as a doctrine?

Another lie/untruth you have told on this thread is:

superior1:
You said they did not take eucharist until innocent 3

If you cannot prove the above to be true, can you own up to your lies/untruths?
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:01am On Jul 29, 2013
Classic Comedy on nairaland.. grin grin grin just classic
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by superior1: 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
italo:

This is a lie/untruth. You havent told me this.

What you said is:
And

Another lie/untruth you have told on this thread is:

If you cannot prove the above to be true, can you own up to your lies/untruths?

Problem with your question evading tactics is that they only show you are not very sure of what you think you know. You will never answer a question but result to irrelevant comments to avoid taking a critical look at your church.

If you do not even know the history of your church how can you make any meaningful defence of the man made traditions you follow?

I answered the same questions you refused to answer and instead of thanking me for the info, you started looking for excuses to make yourself look more knowledgeable than you really are. You are not a very good catholic, are you?
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by italo: 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
superior1:
Problem with your question evading tactics is that they only show you are not very sure of what you think you know.
No. They are not "question evading tactics." I'm saying, correct the lies and distortions you have made on my post and yours before I can give you another post to distort and lie about. If you only intend to lie and distort...why should I bother my head with you?

superior1:
You will never answer a question but result to irrelevant comments to avoid taking a critical look at your church.

Another lie. I answer questions and have been doing so all thread. Do you want me to list answers I have given or will you own up to this and all your other lies?

I want us to take a critical look...only in truth...not lies.

superior1:
If you do not even know the history of your church how can you make any meaningful defence of the man made traditions you follow?

All this because I want you to be truthful?
superior1:
I answered the same questions you refused to answer and instead of thanking me for the info, you started looking for excuses to make yourself look more knowledgeable than you really are.
What questions did I not answer that you answered. Are you not done with telling lies?
superior1:
You are not a very good catholic, are you?

If a good Catholic is one who succumbs to your dishonest principles of arguing... I am not a good Catholic.

But the Church teaches that a good Catholic is one who does the will of God as prescribed by his holy Church. For that, God will be the judge, not you.
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by Syncan(m): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
italo:

I have read about that place in a magazine published by Carmelite monks.

Hope to be there one day.

Verily, Verily I say unto you, it will be worth your while.
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by superior1: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
italo:
No. They are not "question evading tactics." I'm saying, correct the lies and distortions you have made on my post and yours before I can give you another post to distort and lie about. If you only intend to lie and distort...why should I bother my head with you?

Another lie. I answer questions and have been doing so all thread. Do you want me to list answers I have given or will you own up to this and all your other lies?

I want us to take a critical look...only in truth...not lies.

All this because I want you to be truthful?

What questions did I not answer that you answered. Are you not done with telling lies?

If a good Catholic is one who succumbs to your dishonest principles of arguing... I am not a good Catholic.

But the Church teaches that a good Catholic is one who does the will of God as prescribed by his holy Church. For that, God will be the judge, not you.

Read through the thread again from the beginning for it appears you forget your response fast. It is obvious you do not know your church history and when I told you it was innocent 3 that brought the real blood dogma, you started pasting all manner of articles you know nothing about to argue otherwise.
I pointed to you a dogma is different from the articles you posted and your articles only proved the dogma wasn't in existence before than, you started screaming 'lies' like you are chanting on your holy marys.

When I asked about the date of the dogma and the originator, you pushed the question back.

Finally, there is no catholic doctrine or dogma that do not have a date it was established, this make a mockery of your claim of following christ teaching, you have been following the doctrine of men and not the bible.
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by italo: 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
superior1:
when I told you it was innocent 3 that brought the real blood dogma, you started pasting all manner of articles you know nothing about to argue otherwise.

You never told me that. You said he came up with "theory."

Again, you deliberately distort the fact.

superior1:
I pointed to you a dogma is different from the articles you posted and your articles only proved the dogma wasn't in existence before than, you started screaming 'lies' like you are chanting on your holy marys.

You lie. You never pointed to me that the article shows that the "dogma" wasnt in existence before then.

You lied that I said they never received the Eucharist until Pope Innocent III. When are you going to show us where I said so or own up to your lie?

superior1:
When I asked about the date of the dogma and the originator, you pushed the question back.

And you havent shown me any official document or writing to show that your claim is correct. You want me to just believe your lame words?

I told you Jesus was the originator and gave you biblical proof.

superior1:
Finally, there is no catholic doctrine or dogma that do not have a date it was established, this make a mockery of your claim of following christ teaching, you have been following the doctrine of men and not the bible.

Defining a doctrine does not mean inventing it. They are usually long-held beliefs since the beginning of the Church that are then unequivocally defined in a time of controversy.

E.g The Church always believed in the concept of the trinity. But it only formally defined it centuries later.

The books of the Bible have always existed but the Church defined the canon of the new testament centuries later because false books and teachings were threatening to infiltrate the Church.

These definition of doctrines are usually done to clear a controversy.

Should we now say that the Bible and Trinity are traditions of men?
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by superior1: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
italo:

You never told me that. You said he came up with "theory."

Again, you deliberately distort the fact.

You lie. You never pointed to me that the article shows that the "dogma" wasnt in existence before then.

You lied that I said they never received the Eucharist until Pope Innocent III. When are you going to show us where I said so or own up to your lie?

And you havent shown me any official document or writing to show that your claim is correct. You want me to just believe your lame words?

I told you Jesus was the originator and gave you biblical proof.

Defining a doctrine does not mean inventing it. They are usually long-held beliefs since the beginning of the Church that are then unequivocally defined in a time of controversy.

E.g The Church always believed in the concept of the trinity. But it only formally defined it centuries later.

The books of the Bible have always existed but the Church defined the canon of the new testament centuries later because false books and teachings were threatening to infiltrate the Church.

These definition of doctrines are usually done to clear a controversy.

Should we now say that the Bible and Trinity are traditions of men?

For your education

From the commencement of his reign Innocent III had purposed to assemble an ecumenical council, but only towards the end of his pontificate could he realize this project, by the Bull of 19 April, 1213. The assembly was to take place in November, 1215. The council did in fact meet on 11 November, and its sessions were prolonged until the end of the month. The long interval between the convocation and the opening of the council as well as the prestige of the reigning pontiff, were responsible for the very large number of bishops who attended it, it is commonly cited in canon law as "the General Council of Lateran", without further qualification, or again, as "the Great Council". Innocent III found himself on this occasion surrounded by seventy-one patriarchs and metropolitans, including the Patriarchs of Constantinople and of Jerusalem, four hundred and twelve bishops, and nine hundred abbots and priors. The Patriarchs of Antioch and Alexandria were represented by delegates. Envoys appeared from Emperor Frederick II, from Henry Latin Emperor of Constantinople, from the Kings of France, England, Aragon, Hungary, Cyprus, and Jerusalem, and from other princes. The pope himself opened the council with an allocution the lofty views of which surpassed the orator's power of expression. He had desired, said the pope, to celebrate this Pasch before he died. He declared himself ready to drink the chalice of the Passion for the defence of the Catholic Faith, for the succour of the Holy Land, and to establish the liberty of the Church. After this discourse, followed by moral exhortation, the pope presented to the council seventy decrees or canons, already formulated, on the most important points of dogmatic and moral theology. Dogmas were defined points of discipline were decided, measures were drawn up against heretics, and, finally, the conditions of the next crusade were regulated.
The fathers of the council did little more than approve the seventy decrees presented to them; this approbation, nevertheless, sufficed to impart to the acts thus formulated and promulgated the value of ecumenical decrees. Most of them are somewhat lengthy and are divided into chapters. The following are the most important:

Canon 1: Exposition of the Catholic Faith and of the dogma of Transubstantiation.
Canon 2: Condemnation of the doctrines of Joachim of Flora and of Amaury.
Canon 3: Procedure and penalties against heretics and their protectors.
Canon 4: Exhortation to the Greeks to reunite with the Roman Church and accept its maxims, to the end that, according to the Gospel, there may be only one fold and only one shepherd

General believe doesn't have anything to do with the real blood theory, Innocent issued the decree as a dogma and not a doctrine deliberated on by the church council like you stated in your defence.

Now, I hope you know the difference between a dogma and a doctrine (your explanations above on defining and inventing doctrines make me feel you don't)
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by italo: 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
Now how does that affect my position that the belief in the real presence of Jesus originated from Jesus?
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by Ubenedictus(m): 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
seperior 1 you said pope innocent "invented" the body and blood "theory".
I'm still waiting for u to show us that the aforementioned theory was non existent before pope innocent and thus prove that he invented.

In other words, the burden of proof is on you to show us that the quotes given by italo that clearly shows that the body and blood "theory" was already in existence, are false and non existent.
Peace
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by superior1: 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ubenedictus: seperior 1 you said pope innocent "invented" the body and blood "theory".
I'm still waiting for u to show us that the aforementioned theory was non existent before pope innocent and thus prove that he invented.

In other words, the burden of proof is on you to show us that the quotes given by italo that clearly shows that the body and blood "theory" was already in existence, are false and non existent.
Peace

Do you know the difference between a catholic dogma and doctrine?
Re: I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. by Ifeanyi366(m): 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2019
Is there a contact number to reach them?
grin If you love the serenity of the north,my advice is to come to ALONE WITH GOD CAMP along gwagwalada road,Abuja.Accommodation is cheap and affordable single rooms goes for a thousand and hostels is 500.They also have a nice restaurant.Stay blessed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Restitution: A Bitter Pill To Swallow! / Nigeria's Pastors 'As Rich As Oil Barons' / Moving On From A Past Mistake That Keeps Haunting You In Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.