Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? (2589 Views)

How To Spot Girls Looking For Boyfriend At Lagos Restaurants / At 27 He Has Slept With 46 Girls, Now He Wants To Marry. / What Is The Biggest Amount You Have Given A Girl You Dated Or Flirted With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by litgirl22: 12:17am On Jul 28, 2013
Suppose your friend who is 27 years old admits to have never gotten a boyfriend, kissed a guy or have a guy admire her. How would you help her change this? Is this normal?

This is my situation with this friend of mine.

Granted she is very fat, and she never puts much into her physical appearance. Like make-up, hair and clothes.

She looks dowdy and has low self-esteem...and thinks she is ugly. She has always had a tough time with being attractive to guys and this started from her time in secondary school...i.e. being class "outcast," dirty girl everyone avoided, etc.

Nigerian girl for that matter! sad

How common is this issue among Nigerian girls?

I don't know how to begin to make her change her attitude or views towards herself and make her get over these things!

Kind of tired of her self-pitying ways.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 28, 2013
Very abnormal!
Especially the no guy admires her part. undecided
I'll wait for the advisers to arrive.
For the mean time, i'll be chopping pop-corn.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 28, 2013
alutacontinua: Very abnormal!
Especially the no guy admires her part. undecided
I'll wait for the advisers to arrive.
For the mean time, i'll be chopping pop-corn.
*takes a sit beside her, drinking soda*
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by litgirl22: 12:29am On Jul 28, 2013
^^^una dey fear to advise? grin
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by litgirl22: 12:32am On Jul 28, 2013
For real tho, I also think it's strange, but I want to help her too.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 28, 2013
@OP, it is really abnormal. Being fat can not be the problem. I used to a friend in school, she was fat also but she attracted dudes. Infact, it came to a point that she became selective of who to go out with.
From your post, i guess two things are wrong here. First, is her refusing to dress as she should and secondly is her low self esteem. And the latter is worse than the former.
And as her friend, you will be helpful by your constant encouragement. There are ways you can make her dress fine and boost her self confidence.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 28, 2013
litgirl22: ^^^una dey fear to advise? grin
but why¿ My post is above this one.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 28, 2013
A reason for being so unattractive, obsessed with low self esteem could be attributed to parental failure. They shud have observed this in their child at an earlier age. Now the only advise I can render is for her to make[b] conscious attempt to some weight[/b], go out more often and be very confident when talking to both sexes

it might take a a long time to gain her confidence n self-esteem (maybe years), but if she persevere, she will get there.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by lymelyte(m): 2:57am On Jul 28, 2013
This is d penalty for being fat and dirty.Especially for a girl undecided
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by daisyella: 4:08am On Jul 28, 2013
@ 27? Very abnormal and OP hw did u know she has never been admired undecided
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Godson201333(m): 6:06am On Jul 28, 2013
She is very fat?She has never dated...Something wrong some with her and it is very abnormal..
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by ednut1(m): 7:10am On Jul 28, 2013
Who doest knw d fat gal is d OP
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:35am On Jul 28, 2013
mitwitdot: A reason for being so unattractive, obsessed with low self esteem could be attributed to parental failure. They shud have observed this in their child at an earlier age. Now the only advise I can render is for her to make[b] conscious attempt to some weight[/b], go out more often and be very confident when talking to both sexes

it might take a a long time to gain her confidence n self-esteem (maybe years), but if she persevere, she will get there.
'parental failure' undecided

Some dudes can talk sha!

Arrant nonsense...

Let's analyse ut 'no-basis' claim:

If parental failure causes the low esteem(i agree it could), will it stop suitors from approaching her outside?

The truth is, as dirty as a girl might seem, u will see some guys loloking for a free puccy. They will fucck her at nights if the days time might shame them! Even cripple famles dnt remain virgins!

The OP clearly sais she has neva been admired! Even the pretty ones get fake admiration from guys who just wanna lay them to fucck! She shld at least get one!

parental failure + low self esteem my foot!

The gurl is cursed! Period!

She shld go for deliverance!
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by patrkq(m): 7:44am On Jul 28, 2013
SLIDE waxie: 'parental failure' undecided

Some dudes can talk sha!

Arrant nonsense...

If parental failure causes the low esteem(i agree it could), will it stop suitors from approaching her outside?

The truth is, as dirty as a girl might seem, u will see some guys loloking for a free puccy. They will fucck her at nights if the days time might shame them! Even cripple famles dnt remain virgins!

The OP clearly sais she has neva been admired! Even the pretty ones get fake admiration from guys who just wanna lay them to fucck! She shld at least get one!

damn!! So on point... Oya chop knuckles
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by saidutal(m): 7:49am On Jul 28, 2013
Very Very Unussual,And She Need A Traditional Healing
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by jhydebaba(m): 7:54am On Jul 28, 2013
OP, if u're the fat girl here, it is very easy for u but if u're not I fear u may not be able to convey my excellent advice to ur fat friend. Anyhow, I just must help u, tell ur friend or if it's u that she/u need(s) a....

Cool shot on the fore head.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Odunharry(m): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2013
jhydebaba: OP, if u're the fact girl here, it is very easuy for u but if u're not I fear u may not be able to convey my excellent advice to ur fat friend. Anyhow I just must help u, tell ur friend or if it's u that she/u need(s) a....

chai u dy para o..
Op kp on advicing her.let her build that self confidence first and if possible let her hit d gym.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by oliidell(m): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2013
Op, it's not abnormal, considering her looks and attitude.Your friend has to approach life differently. First she has to believe in herself and work on her self esteem. Only then can she surmount her obvious inferiority complex.
She has to build herself mentally and socially by reading wide and watching good programs so she can confidently make intelligent conversation when she has company. Intelligence and wit can also attract a man.
Secondly, Weight and uncleanliness are not permanent attributes. She has to work on both. The dirtiness especially cos it is a sure turn-off. Advise her to get rid of the dirt totally, dat shouldn't be difficult. Weight-loss however requires discipline. Diet, exercise etc.
Thirdly her appearance has to always be on point. Shez alredy disadvantaged in the looks department, so she owes herself a duty to dress well and take care of her hair, nails, teeth. A light feminine colonge would also help.

God did not make a mistake in creating us the way we are. So there is no point self-hating. Ignore ur shortcomings, Make the most of ur strong point, Always look for ways to improve yourself. Read informative/inspirational books and watch/listen to good programs, Go for couselling if you must, Make physical and mental exercise a daily routine.
No matter what you are facing in life, Never say die. Even if u are physically challenged -You have ur life, ur mind is intact and ur health is sound. Just pick urself up and start doing things differently. It is never too late to get back on track, just make sure u are on the right one. No matter how bad a man's past is, his future is spotless.

Your friend should get up and take charge of her life. 27 is a good age to make a turn around. The ball is in her court.

2 Likes

Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
Is it abnormal? No!
Can she change it? Yes. Tell her to clean up. Fat dont scare guys, poor hygiene does.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Abbey2sam(m): 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
Somehow it sounds abnormal.
But she can change...
She should work on her self esteem which is very important

Every other tinz will follow
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
Interesting!
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by litgirl22: 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
Lol, sometimes I feel like cutting her off....

SLIDE waxie: 'parental failure' undecided

Some dudes can talk sha!

Arrant nonsense...

Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by litgirl22: 3:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
I took her out to go shopping once and swore never to do it again.

Let's just leave it at dat.

But now I feel bad for putting her out here like dat.

idnoble135: @OP, it is really abnormal. Being fat can not be the problem. I used to a friend in school, she was fat also but she attracted dudes. Infact, it came to a point that she became selective of who to go out with.
From your post, i guess two things are wrong here. First, is her refusing to dress as she should and secondly is her low self esteem. And the latter is worse than the former.
And as her friend, you will be helpful by your constant encouragement. There are ways you can make her dress fine and boost her self confidence.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by litgirl22: 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
Commot for hia angry!

jhydebaba: OP, if u're the fat girl here, it is very easy for u but if u're not I fear u may not be able to convey my excellent advice to ur fat friend. Anyhow, I just must help u, tell ur friend or if it's u that she/u need(s) a....

Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by jhydebaba(m): 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
litgirl22: Commot for hia angry!

Hey dear! Don't take it personal.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Princesszoe: 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
Abnormal? A lie from the pit of hell. However if the issue is , that she does not or has never had admirers then that is where the problem lies and this might be as a result of spiritual battles because even a lady with the worst character might have dated two or three guys to get jilted by them but if she gets enough or even more than enough admirers yet refused to date due to the fear of God, she is very normal. It shows that she respects God and strives to abide in pleasing Him always.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by jmoore(m): 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
I am above 27 and have never been in a relationship. It is absolutely normal. Everyone got their own timing
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by lymelyte(m): 8:22am On Jul 31, 2013
jmoore: I am above 27 and have never been in a relationship. It is absolutely normal. Everyone got their own timing
you dey compare yourself with woman?
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Cabsso(m): 9:13am On Jul 31, 2013
lets wait for her to get to 40 if no responsible guy show den we use her for sacrifice.
Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 31, 2013
Itz absolutely abnormal!!being fat isn't d problem at all..u said shez ur fwnd,4 aw long??i beg,drag d gurl out jawe,let ha make up n dress ha up..let ha knw she shouldn't b intimidated by any1..knwin d type of fwnds i av o,they can't let dat happen 2 me...if u are gud fwnd.do sumfin fast itz getting late!

1 Like

Re: How Abnormal Is It To Have Never Dated (or Have A Boyfriend) At 27? by Dovahkiin(m): 11:12am On Jul 31, 2013
post her picture , if i can manage , ill give her the D smiley

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Have Done If You Were In My Shoe? / Crucial Things Girls/ladies Need To Know About We Guys!!! / The Spiritual Consequences Of Premarital Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.