Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London - Entertainment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London (48084 Views)

Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song / World Record Biggest Fish Caught In London Lake [PHOTO] / A Gal Dancing Nak*d At Iyanya Concert In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by diane10a: 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
stop that lie, even seun wey get nairaland dey steal news and ideas grin grin grin
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by striker9(m): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
PetroDolla:

Tough Times: Nigerians Flee To Ghana, Vietnam

Our correspondents
February 15th, 2009
More Nigerians are fleeing to countries like Ghana and Vietnam to escape the harsh economic realities back home, even as some big businesses are gradually folding up and relocating. LEADERSHIP SUNDAY learnt that Nigerians now seek refuge in far-flung countries hitherto not considered as lands of "green pasture". Countries like Vietnam, Mozambique, Ethiopia and China are fast replacing the traditionally favorites like the United Kingdom, Libya and the USA. Most of the people leaving are pointing to the lack of electricity and insecurity as the cause of their exodus. Those abroad are also vowing that they won’t return home until conditions become better.
Godwin Ukwu (not real name) told our correspondents that he has finished all arrangements to relocate next month. Ukwu said his friends are "making it" in Cameroon and have asked him to join them there. He said: "I’m going to Cameroon to sell beer. My friends are there and they are making it big in their various business. In fact, last Christmas, some of them came home and told us that we are suffering here. For instance, transportation is such a huge problem there. In fact their roads are better than the ones in the East. Besides, my business is suffering as there is no light. Customers will come and they can’t drink my beer because it is not chilled. So, I’m losing customers and business is bad."
Another respondent told our reporters that if he has his way, he would flee the country. Speaking to LEADERSHIP SUNDAY, the man who gave his name as John said that Nigeria has become "hell" for him. John is a graduate of six years and has remained unemployed. According to him, every attempt to get a government or private job has failed. He said: "if I have the opportunity, I would leave this country. In fact, in looking for people who would tell me how to get to Libya. At least, I will get a job and my life would be safer," he said.
Like most unemployed youngsters in the country, John has tried to be self employed. He said: "my uncle gave me some money recently to start something. So I got a corner shop at Kubwa (In Abuja) to start a barbing salon. Right now, the place has been demolished and I’m looking for another place, but even if I get a place, what about light and water? Through the time I had the saloon, it was generator that powered the business and that is very expensive. Even with the generator some weeks, I will have nothing doing because of fuel scarcity. I really want to leave. I love my country but I can’t go on like this," he lamented.
LEADERSSHIP SUNDAY check shows that influx of Nigerians into Ghana doubled after the Presidential election that ushered in a new government there. A Nigerian living in Ghana told correspondents that many of his relatives are pestering him to get them accommodation in Ghana. He said: "I’m amazed at how Nigerians are moving into Ghana these days. You know, in the past it was as if we were stupid leaving here for Ghana, but see what is happening. Each day we see Nigerians trooping in their droves."
The Ghana resident, who spoke anonymously, gave reasons why Ghana is becoming attractive: "the truth is that the society works. In Ghana, there is orderliness, not the chaos you have here. There is constant light and this is important for living. There is also security and respect for human rights. If you ask me it is the turn of Nigerians to run to Ghana like the Ghanaians did in the 80’s. Many Nigerians are in Ghana today, intermarrying and looking for ways to become citizens. I don’t think they would want to return unless conditions change in Nigeria," he said.
A source in Vietnam, told LEADERSHIP SUNDAY that the Vietnamese government is trying to restrict the influx of Nigerians into the country because of the huge number running there.
Libya too has not lost its appeal to Nigerians. In spite of the precarious route, Nigerians daily put their lives on the line to cross over. The journey, mostly done by foot, find Nigerians crossing the Sahara, risking arrest and deadly attacks by patrol team to get to Tripoli, the capital of Libya. Says an official of a prominent government agency concerned with human trafficking, who do not want to be mentioned, " most of the travelers are girls going to engage in prostitution. The men are often their pimps. And no matter the campaign our office is making, the truth is that the rush is still on. We can arrest them or even sensitize them, but what is clear to us is that this is an ongoing war. Sex slaves are still been trafficked abroad. Our agency is helping to stave it off. But no one should be deceived, human trafficking is not going to go away in a long time. The harsh conditions here, coupled with the lure of greener pasture is just too much temptation for many of the girls and their manager to bear. The arrest and pains they suffer during the trips is a little sacrifice they make."
An emerging trend also is that of businesses folding up. Dunlop, for instance has folded up and may be relocating to Ghana. Part of the reason for the relocation is the unstable power supply in Nigeria. Checks show s that many businesses are already rethinking their continued stay in the country. South Africa and Ethiopia appear more appealing to such big businesses. Already, major stakeholders in tourism and hospitality business are looking downwards to South Africa- a country getting ready to host the world cup in 2010.
you again?you went to do house chores before your master return abi.
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Shaw007(m): 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
PetroDolla: grin grin grin grin Ghanaians always dominate you apes on nairaland and everywhere else, grin grin kicking you sh1theads in the teeth. just like we did on this thread and other threads grin grin grin https://www.nairaland.com/1362564/10-things-ghanaians-know-nigerians grin grin grin grin modafaka! grin grin grin scum sucking low life and a friggin eeeediot grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
hahaha!!! . . You so wish!! Even In your black silly dreams it cnt happen . . . Who chased you guys off twitter?? Or have you 4gotten so soon?? . . Pity,Low circuit memory
even a Blind man can see that you Got served on this thread gringringringrin . . .

And the rest similar threads On NL, you're Like c.ronaldo . . . You just can't beat the best!!
I Like you stubborness tho
. . I find it oddly amusing

1 Like

Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by collynzo2(m): 8:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
@Petrodollar goodluck in finding someone who'll read any of those copy and paste trash of yours. Hahahahahahaha
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Tinyemeka(m): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
Chai! So those "Smoking gun presents: World's dumbest..." videos showing dudes being nabbed on CCTV have all been in vain?

1 Like

Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Shaw007(m): 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
Idowuogbo: Dis dollar guy just shower persin wiv spit.

Guy,enough mehn! angry
azinnnn ehn!!! Enof spit . . . Dettol things sha . . . Or septol
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by PetroDolla: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
[s]
Shaw007: hahaha!!! . . You so wish!! Even In your black silly dreams it cnt happen . . . Who chased you guys off twitter?? Or have you 4gotten so soon?? . . Pity,Low circuit memory
even a Blind man can see that you Got served on this thread gringringringrin . . .

And the rest similar threads On NL, you're Like c.ronaldo . . . You just can't beat the best!!
I Like you stubborness tho
. . I find it oddly amusing
[/s] crass crap! so Ghanaians are no more on twitter,huh? do you realise how dumb that sounds? I am always on twitter,m0ron! try harder, ediot!
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Shaw007(m): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
Tinyemeka: Chai! So those "Smoking gun presents: World's dumbest..." videos showing dudes being nabbed on CCTV have all been in vain?
hahahaha . . . Obviously They haven't met Emilia bRobbery
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by PStacks(m): 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
But she's an actress and definately could afford what she stole..

Those guys should have known its a Medical Dis-order and tried to counsel her over it..

This is not your everyday petty thief, this is a condition that need a Councellor or someone to talk her..
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by striker9(m): 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
PetroDolla:

Our correspondents
February 15th, 2009
More Nigerians are fleeing to countries like Ghana and Vietnam to escape the harsh economic realities back home, even as some big businesses are gradually folding up and relocating. LEADERSHIP SUNDAY learnt that Nigerians now seek refuge in far-flung countries hitherto not considered as lands of "green pasture". Countries like Vietnam, Mozambique, Ethiopia and China are fast replacing the traditionally favorites like the United Kingdom, Libya and the USA. Most of the people leaving are pointing to the lack of electricity and insecurity as the cause of their exodus. Those abroad are also vowing that they won’t return home until conditions become better.
Godwin Ukwu (not real name) told our correspondents that he has finished all arrangements to relocate next month. Ukwu said his friends are "making it" in Cameroon and have asked him to join them there. He said: "I’m going to Cameroon to sell beer. My friends are there and they are making it big in their various business. In fact, last Christmas, some of them came home and told us that we are suffering here. For instance, transportation is such a huge problem there. In fact their roads are better than the ones in the East. Besides, my business is suffering as there is no light. Customers will come and they can’t drink my beer because it is not chilled. So, I’m losing customers and business is bad."
Another respondent told our reporters that if he has his way, he would flee the country. Speaking to LEADERSHIP SUNDAY, the man who gave his name as John said that Nigeria has become "hell" for him. John is a graduate of six years and has remained unemployed. According to him, every attempt to get a government or private job has failed. He said: "if I have the opportunity, I would leave this country. In fact, in looking for people who would tell me how to get to Libya. At least, I will get a job and my life would be safer," he said.
Like most unemployed youngsters in the country, John has tried to be self employed. He said: "my uncle gave me some money recently to start something. So I got a corner shop at Kubwa (In Abuja) to start a barbing salon. Right now, the place has been demolished and I’m looking for another place, but even if I get a place, what about light and water? Through the time I had the saloon, it was generator that powered the business and that is very expensive. Even with the generator some weeks, I will have nothing doing because of fuel scarcity. I really want to leave. I love my country but I can’t go on like this," he lamented.
LEADERSSHIP SUNDAY check shows that influx of Nigerians into Ghana doubled after the Presidential election that ushered in a new government there. A Nigerian living in Ghana told correspondents that many of his relatives are pestering him to get them accommodation in Ghana. He said: "I’m amazed at how Nigerians are moving into Ghana these days. You know, in the past it was as if we were stupid leaving here for Ghana, but see what is happening. Each day we see Nigerians trooping in their droves."
The Ghana resident, who spoke anonymously, gave reasons why Ghana is becoming attractive: "the truth is that the society works. In Ghana, there is orderliness, not the chaos you have here. There is constant light and this is important for living. There is also security and respect for human rights. If you ask me it is the turn of Nigerians to run to Ghana like the Ghanaians did in the 80’s. Many Nigerians are in Ghana today, intermarrying and looking for ways to become citizens. I don’t think they would want to return unless conditions change in Nigeria," he said.
A source in Vietnam, told LEADERSHIP SUNDAY that the Vietnamese government is trying to restrict the influx of Nigerians into the country because of the huge number running there.
Libya too has not lost its appeal to Nigerians. In spite of the precarious route, Nigerians daily put their lives on the line to cross over. The journey, mostly done by foot, find Nigerians crossing the Sahara, risking arrest and deadly attacks by patrol team to get to Tripoli, the capital of Libya. Says an official of a prominent government agency concerned with human trafficking, who do not want to be mentioned, " most of the travelers are girls going to engage in prostitution. The men are often their pimps. And no matter the campaign our office is making, the truth is that the rush is still on. We can arrest them or even sensitize them, but what is clear to us is that this is an ongoing war. Sex slaves are still been trafficked abroad. Our agency is helping to stave it off. But no one should be deceived, human trafficking is not going to go away in a long time. The harsh conditions here, coupled with the lure of greener pasture is just too much temptation for many of the girls and their manager to bear. The arrest and pains they suffer during the trips is a little sacrifice they make."
An emerging trend also is that of businesses folding up. Dunlop, for instance has folded up and may be relocating to Ghana. Part of the reason for the relocation is the unstable power supply in Nigeria. Checks show s that many businesses are already rethinking their continued stay in the country. South Africa and Ethiopia appear more appealing to such big businesses. Already, major stakeholders in tourism and hospitality business are looking downwards to South Africa- a country getting ready to host the world cup in 2010.
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by collynzo2(m): 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
The thief was even given a rapturous welcome on her return to that scrapyard called Gayna. Says a lot about them.
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Shaw007(m): 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
PetroDolla: crass crap! so Ghanaians are no more on twitter,huh? do you realise how dumb that sounds? I am always on twitter,m0ron! try harder, ediot!
sorry man,my bad!! . . . I forgot ur brain was 18th century and relayed impulses in very slow processions
i should have put it in simple terms

That was a figure speech,I'm sure U'v been taught that In school,

of course you guys are still On twitter,you'r just as irrelevant as an Old Lady's Left breast!

2 Likes

Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by PetroDolla: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
Idowuogbo: Dis dollar guy just shower persin wiv spit.

Guy,enough mehn! angry
Blame the eediots who started the crap. this is supposed to be a nigerian forum,right? so how is a dubious news item suggesting a Ghanaian actress shoplifted in London nigeria-related? and it is a frint page story! damn, soon some ape-looking creatures will be singing nigerian forum,nigerian forum

I didn't start this crap. blame those senseless MODs and your equally deluded compatriots lunatics
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
PetroDolla: and what the fvck is the criminally-minded nigerian goat bleating about? stealing is a crime,right? are people in UK caught stealing not prosecuted, or are simply 'forced out of the country?' then James Ibori will be too happy to be 'forced out of the country" huh? what do you think? if people caught stealing in UK are only 'shown the door' then what the fvck is james Ibori doing in the fvcking UK jail? see how fuelish that sounds, m0ron! fuckeduppendness

Ibori for ur information, stole our money not the UK's and that kind of money will collapse Gaynian economy.

2 Likes

Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
Shaw007: shut the hell up and stop sounding Like an Innocent Apologist . . .
Abi No be d same Royal be this??
I too got tired and went in2 Hiatus for a while

You should know Nigerians don't give two craps about your shitty country
but all the Times I'v seen these wars take place it's always your cohorts that start the 'Pointless' battles
what the f*uck do u expect us to fold our arms and see our mother Nigeria get insulted over some petty matter by some jobless Kids??

Hell No,you might not respect your country but we Nigerians sure do ours! Take care....
Lol calm down dude. Why you getting your panties in a knot. If you dnt like what i said then go take Panadol. Who started with the insults? Go back to page 1. When i am here advocating peace then you have a problem too. Mtchew
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Shaw007(m): 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
P.Stacks:
But she's an actress and definately could afford what she stole..

Those guys should have known its a Medical Dis-order and tried to counsel her over it..

This is not your everyday petty thief, this is a condition that need a Councellor or someone to talk her..
hmmm . . . See Ooh,this is some Intelligent dude speaking the truth here,he says she needs rehab

but the foools will take it as an insult an ignore him,pity . . . #smh!!
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by collynzo2(m): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
What do you expect from a country where teachers can go 3 years without being paid their salaries? What do you expect from a country where ministers go for months without salary? The teachers resort to stealing and the politicians resort to drug -dealing. The dream of every Gaynaian actor or actress is to work with a Nigerian producer, they don't pay them in their country. A Ghanaian actress breaking into Nollywood, is like a Nigerian league player joining an Engish premier league club.

2 Likes

Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by striker9(m): 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
PetroDolla:

Our correspondents
February 15th, 2009
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by PetroDolla: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
collynzo2: The thief was even given a rapturorus welcome on her return to that scrapyard called Gayna. Says a lot about them.
thief? whack a con! I understand a planning committee has been set up to receive james Ibori to the sh1thole when he's released in 2050,huh? grin chei, nigerians don suffer. a Ghanaian woman was said to have stolen in the UK and returned to Ghana within days. another MUMUgerian, a former state governor, stole and is doing time in UK jail. that's nice. very nice
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Shaw007(m): 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
PetroDolla: Blame the eediots who started the crap. this is supposed to be a nigerian forum,right? so how is a dubious news item suggesting a Ghanaian actress shoplifted in London nigeria-related? and it is a frint page story! damn, soon some ape-looking creatures will be singing nigerian forum,nigerian forum

I didn't start this crap. blame those senseless MODs and your equally deluded compatriots lunatics
eeyah poor thing,you should have just mentioned you were hurt by the story
nonetheless . . Just google Emelia brobbey and feed ur eyes,or is the whole world and UK delusional too? Hahaha
bloody Liar gringringrin
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Shaw007(m): 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
Lol calm down dude. Why you getting your panties in a knot. If you dnt like what i said then go take Panadol. Who started with the insults? Go back to page 1. When i am here advocating peace then you have a problem too. Mtchew
come'On go to bed and suck on your thumb or somefin, Chairman, planning committe on peace matters,why dnt you tell it to your demented friends,hypocrite,tsschw!!!

Is it not evn past your bedtime already?? angry

1 Like

Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by PetroDolla: 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2013

Hahahaha whack a con! The nigerian’s problem starts from birth. Hahahahaha nurses use torchlight to deliver babies in that sh1thole! No wonder they suffer all forms of deformities and brain dysfunction! https://www.nairaland.com/1282283/nurses-use-mobile-phone-torchlights#15605877

Chei, these modafakas are indeed a disgrace to mother Africa. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by collynzo2(m): 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
PetroDolla: thief? whack a con! I understand a planning committee has been set up to receive james Ibori to the sh1thole when he's released in 2050,huh? grin chei, nigerians don suffer. a Ghanaian woman was said to have stolen in the UK and returned to Ghana within days. another MUMUgerian, a former state governor, stole and is doing time in UK jail. that's nice. very nice
James Ibori didn't steal a fûcking Bracelet, your wretched actress isn't fit to live in a UK jail. UK tax payers won't allow that, I'm sure sending her back to Ghana is more like a jail sentence.

1 Like

Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Shaw007(m): 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
PetroDolla: thief? whack a con! I understand a planning committee has been set up to receive james Ibori to the sh1thole when he's released in 2050,huh? grin chei, nigerians don suffer. a Ghanaian woman was said to have stolen in the UK and returned to Ghana within days. another MUMUgerian, a former state governor, stole and is doing time in UK jail. that's nice. very nice
christ!! . . . How stewpid can you get??
Just take a Look at your comparison and rate your intelligence
a petty shoplift Vs Millions of dollars

foool!! Your education was a waste!

1 Like

Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by PetroDolla: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hahahaha no wonder Soyinka described your sh1thole as the open sore of Africa. grin grin grin

people are now kidnapped in that dustbin country for gala and a bottle of coke! Chei, grin grin grin
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by collynzo2(m): 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
The ruling political party in Gayna is a drug cartel. SMDH
www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=216172

1 Like

Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Opoki(m): 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
How she go dey feel anytime she wear the bracelet?
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Shaw007(m): 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
Asiwaju9ja:

Ibori for ur information, stole our money not the UK's and that kind of money will collapse Gaynian economy .
#truetalk
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by luxs(m): 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
petrol dollar or what u call ur self ..stay calm in dis forum or u will end lyka story ....

Bastard son of a thousand ghanian father z(smelling pig)

2 Likes

Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by PetroDolla: 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
Shaw007: christ!! . . . How stewpid can you get??
Just take a Look at your comparison and rate your intelligence
a petty shoplift Vs Millions of dollars

foool!! Your education was a waste!
eediot I didn't expect you to see the difference-the average nigerian has an IQ of 10!

MUMU, the difference is that Ibori is a convicted criminal whereas the Ghanaian woman was never charged and subsequently never convicted! too much for your fragile brain to handle,huh? fuelish mor0n with an IQ of a tilapia grin grin
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by PoloYoung(m): 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
But i think i like her
Re: Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London by Evestar200(f): 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
Delta state schools buses

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Are You Among The Generation That Used This Television? / Forbes 10 Richest Musicians In Africa (Don Jazzy @ No 2) / Meet The Most Talented African Kid : Check Out Her Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.