Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks (23641 Views)

Amaechi & Jonathan Fight Again: Soldiers Take Over Stadium / Peace Talks Split Boko Haram Into Two Groups / Amaechi: Jonathan Is Victimising Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by betrani(m): 10:32am On Jul 28, 2013
abdulumah: Am sure GEJ have started loosing sleep because Amech ws beginning to gain populatity. He should have gone to Rivers state govt house to ask for forgiveness.UP amechi
Your Wrong! Amechi was loosin sleep! At last he regained his senses to go apologize! I have said it times without number! You can not fight a serving president! No matter d little support he succeeded in rallyin he needed to realize that; the most poisonous snake doesn't bite easily
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by solopumpy227: 10:40am On Jul 28, 2013
All these problems were created by GEJ in the first place and he is in the best position to solve them. I see nothing wrong in GEJ quest for 2nd term but his method of bullying everyone to cohto his decision CAN NEVER WORK.
GEJ paid fans can continue there propangada, the truth remains GEJ was installed by these power-block he is currently at logger-head with. If he wants to destroy them to have an eazy ride 2015 then he should come to the side of common people by delivering dividends of democracy.
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by Ikpewe: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2013
abdulumah: Am sure GEJ have started loosing sleep because Amech ws beginning to gain populatity. He should have gone to Rivers state govt house to ask for forgiveness.UP amechi
see this big foool
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by dunkem21(m): 10:45am On Jul 28, 2013
So, when will michael chinda and Llyod reconcile?
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by solopumpy227: 10:45am On Jul 28, 2013
betrani: Your Wrong! Amechi was loosin sleep! At last he regained his senses to go apologize! I have said it times without number! You can not fight a serving president! No matter d little support he succeeded in rallyin he needed to realize that; the most poisonous snake doesn't bite easily

Amaechi is loosing sleep so he went to Ota to beg OBJ?
Amaechi is loosing his sleep so he went to Minna to beg Abdusalam and IBB?
Ammaech is loosing his sleep so he asked for peace meeting with recalcitrant Govs?

I agree Amaechi is taking a political risk by choosing to follow his beliefs and principles but the DESPERATE ONE in this game is no one else than unperforming GEJ who wants a 2nd term but not ready to carry others along.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by 0monnakoda: 10:46am On Jul 28, 2013
betrani: Your Wrong! Amechi was loosin sleep! At last he regained his senses to go apologize! I have said it times without number! You can not fight a serving president! No matter d little support he succeeded in rallyin he needed to realize that; the most poisonous snake doesn't bite easily
You have expressed your ignorance "times without number". The President is not a king but an elected official. Tinubu fought Obasanjo who,by the way more respected in the military than GEJ can ever dream of and ultimately triumphed.
Rather than focusing on the fact that the House of Assembly in Rivers state was closed down by a criminal bunch you are here celebrating thuggery. Has this "serving President" done anything to improve Nigeria apart from getting drunk and enjoying himself. The problem with us in Nigeria as an electorate is we do not think we deserve better and that is why we get all this rubbish. Who cares about Amaechi and GEJ and their fight? Should we be held ransom to their quarrel ? That is what we should be discussing rather than talkin like uneducated bumpkins

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by strangest(m): 10:48am On Jul 28, 2013
let there be peace joor... theres enuff money to go around
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by baslone: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2013
Friday’s meeting between the President and Governor Amaechi was brief after the Rivers Governor said he would prefer a lengthy discussion only if his colleagues from the north were in attendance having facilitated his meeting with the president, in the first instance

Hey yo where your crew at?

They'll be here!
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by santosesq1(m): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2013
You will never see the BIG head delta state governor in such a good move as this he doesn't emulate hiz folks that are vibrant & has the qualities of a good ruler. All his life is just being loyal to mr president. Try & stand as a man mr eeu corfernor delta state u re soppoze to be having a BIG heart..... 29576bad chat me if you intrested in discussing
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by QingQamal: 11:00am On Jul 28, 2013
Pedagogue: Only in Nigeria will you find people that can kill themselves because of politicians that add no value to them...

If the way and manner the GEJ v AMAECHI saga is being reported and discussed is the way we discuss good governance and criticise the performance of govt at all levels - Nigeria will be better for it!!!

But no,fellow Nigerians are only interested in talking about 2015, Amaechi v GEJ,North v South,Xtianity v Islam etc

Wake up Nigerians!!! These ppl use distractions like these to keep us from discussing the real issues that affect us!

True talk my brother, wonder when all Nigerians will wake up and realise dis!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by ddeola: 11:15am On Jul 28, 2013
No toasting ! tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by luggy(m): 11:19am On Jul 28, 2013
Amaechi would have wait for GEJ for to run for second term, instead of trying to disterbliz his ambitions for second term. We easterners support GEJ, for the fact non of his project was sited in our regions
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by beb33e: 11:26am On Jul 28, 2013
omon24: i just hope dis is true,if it is then is just d way fwd,this leaders should think of the country 1st b4 themselves.WAR DOES NOT PROFIT ANY NATION. Now @ least, they can think of settling down to the business we elected them(they selected themselves) for. Let's together make Nigeria Gr8. Let's give peace a chance.
that is if the so called peace talks aren't just another move in a play of strategy. I pray Amaechi wisens up before he sells us to these northerners.
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by nwadaigbo: 11:27am On Jul 28, 2013
Imanuelle: So if Amaechi and Jonathan reconciles, what happens to chidi Lloyd ?

A sacrificed pawn.

truly, no permanent friend / enemy in politics...

just permanent interests.
he is d scape goat. Let them teach him d lesson of his life. At least, others wll learn from his ordeal. He is d proverbial child that is dancing surugede, who does not know that surugede is the spirit dance
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by sage2(m): 11:28am On Jul 28, 2013
When these people finally reconcile(assuming there is a disagreement between them), what will be the benefits to their Cyber followers? Some folks are about to learn a bitter lesson on how not to take side when politicians are fighting themselves. Because by the time they harmonized their interests(which has always been the cause), you will be left high and dry with only your stupid self to blame. This generation of Nigerian youths is too stupid for my liking.
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by beb33e: 11:42am On Jul 28, 2013
you. Not interested in knowing that a leader is not the one who quarells his contemporaries away from important issues, he is the one that reconciles the adversity go and watch spatarcus and learn from the slave the honor and integrity of leadership and remember to not speak bad about your leaders
solopumpy227:

Amaechi is loosing sleep so he went to Ota to beg OBJ?
Amaechi is loosing his sleep so he went to Minna to beg Abdusalam and IBB?
Ammaech is loosing his sleep so he asked for peace meeting with recalcitrant Govs?

I agree Amaechi is taking a political risk by choosing to follow his beliefs and principles but the DESPERATE ONE in this game is no one else than unperforming GEJ who wants a 2nd term but not ready to carry others along.
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 28, 2013
nwadaigbo: he is d scape goat. Let them teach him d lesson of his life. At least, others wll learn from his ordeal. He is d proverbial child that is dancing surugede, who does not know that surugede is the spirit dance

lol
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by omenka(m): 11:51am On Jul 28, 2013
Almustapha released, Clerk apologises, Jonathan calls for peace talks with Amaechi...., next we'd see the Shippo apologising to her "son"!

God punish Devil!!! All you fraudstars will be evicted from Aso rock back to the caves and mangroove swamps from whence you immerged in 2015.

Nothing can stop a change whose time has come!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by MEGAWATCH: 11:54am On Jul 28, 2013
@Omonnaokada,God bless you for having the same view with me. I also want to remind us that it was not only Tinibu that flaws OBJ and his Abuja politicians,Orji Kalu also disgrace and called OBJ a currupt leader in many internationally media and OBJ and his Abuja politicians tried many times to impitch him but failed. Orji kalu later formed his party PPA which later produce the serving gorvernor of Abia state.
The president will never win this battle against Amechi,the worst that can happend is PDP loosing the state. If you believe am wrong please counter my view with facts and figures and remember,wishful thinking is never reality in political calculations.
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 28, 2013
Goddex: So, is Ameachi tired of granting interviews?
He should continue talking. He knows how to
talk and should keep talking.

I don't think the President met with him though.
Yes, u would know because ure part of the inner caucus,barbarian. If the do or die politics that ure espousing was how we lived out here, would ur father have thought to bring ur illiterate monkey aszzz out here in hopes that u learn how civilized and first world people act?
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by legendsilver(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
It is obvious our dear GEJ wants peace, because 2015 general elections wouldn't be as easy as the last general election conducted 2011 by INEC.
I don't know when aiming high political post became an offense in a democratic government. Ameachi has a secret ambition that could get him to ASO ROCK and GEJ wants to kill the man's dream. Na wao!!!!!
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2013
luggy: Amaechi would have wait for GEJ for to run for second term, instead of trying to disterbliz his ambitions for second term. We easterners support GEJ, for the fact non of his project was sited in our regions
Jesus Christ! Posts like urs are why I pray one day these so called Nigerian leader are dragged in the streets, then after their soul departs their bodies it burns in hell for eternity for failing to spend necessary money on education.
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by legendsilver(m): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
MEGA-WATCH:
@Omonnaokada,God bless you for having the same view with me. I also want to remind us that it was not only Tinibu that flaws OBJ and his Abuja politicians,Orji Kalu also disgrace and called OBJ a currupt leader in many internationally media and OBJ and his Abuja politicians tried many times to impitch him but failed. Orji kalu later formed his party PPA which later produce the serving gorvernor of Abia state.
The president will never win this battle against Amechi,the worst that can happend is PDP loosing the state. If you believe am wrong please counter my view with facts and figures and remember,wishful thinking is never reality in political calculations.
I also want to add to it; each time PDP leaders fight, the state mantle of leadership moves to other parties i.e OGUN state, Abia state e.t.c we all watching as they are acting
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by wirinet(m): 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
I have said it again and again, it will be very difficult for GEJ to win second term without Amaechi's support. Amaechi has 5 PDP governor upenly declaring support for him. He has the support of at least 19 governors on his side. GEJ can only be sure of about 6 PDP governors for now. There are some of uncommitted PDP governors who are just flowing along with GEJ. Governors determine to a large extent who becomes president in Nigeria. That is why the battles for the chairman of the governors forum is a do or die affair.

Jonathan has made Amaechi very popular and relevant, just like it was OBJ that made Tinubu politically relevant.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by legendsilver(m): 12:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
kingoflag: Jesus Christ! Posts like urs are why I pray one day these so called Nigerian leader are dragged in the streets, then after their soul departs their bodies it burns in hell for eternity for failing to spend necessary money on education.
na wa 4 u o!!!!! grin c executive blasting

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by legendsilver(m): 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
wirinet: I have said it again and again, it will be very difficult for GEJ to win second term without Amaechi's support. Amaechi has 5 PDP governor upenly declaring support for him. He has the support of at least 19 governors on his side. GEJ can only be sure of about 6 PDP governors for now. There are some of uncommitted PDP governors who are just flowing along with GEJ. Governors determine to a large extent who becomes president in Nigeria. That is why the battles for the chairman of the governors forum is a do or die affair.

Jonathan has made Amaechi very popular and relevant, just like it was OBJ that made Tinubu politically relevant.
point well said
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by Billygee2u: 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2013

Are you a dumb and blind fellow? what happened to Rivers house of assembly? did you forgot where it is now? who have take over it? Abuja or rivers state?
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by Drsunnie(m): 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
GEJ has proven to be a father , Amaechi is just an empty vessel .
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by tiwasiaife(m): 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
0monnakoda: Tinubu is still standing.He is not only standing but he kicked out all of Obasanjo's SW stooges including his daughter and Bankole out of office. Trust me Obasanjo knows how to play this brute force game much better than GEJ(even witholding allocation) but he came to realise its limits. Other Nigerians should learn from the SW and stop this desperation to join any "winning" team by any means. What is more important is what Impact is GEJ making to Nigeria. Many of the problems were around before him but they are getting worse particularly security and unemployment.I cannot see any sign that things will change if that man is in power for 100 years . He is truly CLUELESS

There is a limit to how dictatorial a civilian President can be before he gets killed particularly one who is not a soldier(he seems to like military dress grin) and from an ethnic minority.He is not in a position to intimidate anyone.The Amaechi saga is disappointing and sad because from all indications Amaechi was loyal to him but not a YESSMAN like those who appointed his wife Perm Sec. That should tell all of us what GEJ's weakness is ; His wife and their collective inferiority/insecurity which Pastor Bakare talked about . What are the symptoms ? the same as we saw with OBJ; intolerance and a tendency to surround oneself with sycophants and praise singers who do not tell you the truth. Nigeria is in trouble
u said the president will be killed? Ha! That u will assassinate mr president gosh! Ur going too far o and ur on ur own. 2bad of u. Wait 4 sss.
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by Noblechyk: 1:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
MEGA-WATCH:
"Wishful thinking is never a reality in political calculation", I love that assertion. You said it right. "the president will never win this battle against Amechi", a mere wishful thinking. From my own point of view, there is no indication that GEJ will win the fight, neither is there any indication that he won't. If you really understand what is going on,the fight is not between Amechi & Gej. It is between GEJ & those interested in his job come 2015. As brave & dogged as he is, Amechi is just a tool. However, what is going on in Rivers is a fight between Amechi & Wike/Odilli/Omehia & co. GEJ is just allowing it to play out. Though it's undemocratic but since 99, I am yet to see an elected official who is democratic. Not even the angelic Amechi.
If you have your political calculator, you will realise that between now and 2014, some of those PDP Govs supporting Amechi would have switched side via reconcilliation. Bros, it is all about interest.
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by Noblechyk: 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
legendsilver: point well said
Yea, he said it right but forgot that Ibori was also made popular. So was Fayose, Sylva & co.
Re: Amaechi & Jonathan In Secret Peace Talks by bffigher(m): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
are u not ashame of yourself instigating problem every where instead of looking forward to the end of the problem u re unhappy that they ve agreed to settle their differences for the better people of river state.may satan visit u there now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Bricklayer’s Breakdown Of Nigeria’s Proposed 2015 Budget / Niger Delta Monarchs Meet FG, State Conditions For Peace (photo) / Bukola Saraki Pays Sule Lamido A Visit In His Home In Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.