Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Things Web Developers Must Achieve - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Things Web Developers Must Achieve (6795 Views)

Salient Tips All Web Developers Must Know / What Will You Want To Achieve In 2014 As A Web Programmer? / Web Developers Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Web Developers Must Achieve by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:52am On Jul 28, 2013
Ok. Every web developer may not be able to achieve all these, but I think every web developer should at least achieve 3 of these. Check them out and tell me where I didn't make any sense.

1. Develop a robust web application that will continue to make you money for years.

2. Be invited to speak at a web design conference in America or Europe or host one in Africa.

3. Develop an opensource web application that will be used widely.

4. Write a ground-breaking book on the art of web design and development.

5. Develop at least 50 wordpress or drupal or joomla or expressionengine themes and make them available for download.

6. Develop a new framework of any language you are proficient in.

7. Develop a widely used plugin for Wordpress or any other CMS.

8. Develop an opensource application that will force Nigerian government to honour you. Like developing a language translation application for English to Hausa or Igbo or Yoruba or Nupe. And then Hausa to Yoruba, Hausa to Igbo, Igbo to Yoruba, Igbo to Hausa, Yoruba to Hausa, Yoruba to Igbo and so on.

9. Develop a comprehensive quality video tutorial from html to advanced php and provide it for free download. Or be doing a weekly podcast or screencast on web design tips.

10. Build a web developers centre where developers can come together and brainstorm and relax.

6 Likes

Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by nollyj: 10:44am On Jul 28, 2013
Nice list GraphicsPlus,

5. Develop at least 50 wordpress or drupal or joomla or expressionengine themes and make them available for download.

1. Develop a robust web application that will continue to make you money for years.

I will prefer to go with these three although all of them make sense. But it is knowing where our strengths lay.

One thing that is general overlook sometimes is High profile Consulting in web development

1 Like

Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by miracle4(m): 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Ok. Every web developer may not be able to achieve all these, but I think every web developer should at least achieve 3 of these. Check them out and tell me where I didn't make any sense.

2. Be invited to speak at a web design conference in America or Europe or host one in Africa.

3. Develop an opensource web application that will be used widely.

4. Write a ground-breaking book on the art of web design and development.

6. Develop a new framework of any language you are proficient in.

8. Develop an opensource application that will force Nigerian government to honour you. Like developing a language translation application for English to Hausa or Igbo or Yoruba or Nupe. And then Hausa to Yoruba, Hausa to Igbo, Igbo to Yoruba, Igbo to Hausa, Yoruba to Hausa, Yoruba to Igbo and so on.

9. Develop a comprehensive quality video tutorial from html to advanced php and provide it for free download. Or be doing a weekly podcast or screencast on web design tips.

10. Build a web developers centre where developers can come together and brainstorm and relax.
From now onwards I set this 10 tips as one of my dreams as an aspiring future most-sought after programmer... thanks for sharing @gplus ....
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
Nicey!! Looking forward to overcome 1 & 3.. smiley
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by solid3(m): 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
I am only a website designer, but will definitely make my mark. Nice list though.
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by teemy(m): 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
Really impressive and very noble
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
iam a web designer. i will work towards achieving these goals
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by greenmouse(m): 10:24am On Jul 30, 2013
@graphicplus, how many of this have you achieved ?.

for me I got about three on your list now.

I thank God, Nice list anyway.
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:30am On Jul 30, 2013
@Greenmouse, kudos.
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by yawatide(f): 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
Haba! Are we sure this is the real graphicsplus posting? I don't see anything about developing a responsive website tongue
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hahaha @yawa. Check number 5. The themes MUST be responsive.

@Greenmouse, am busy working on some things.
Like: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/awesome-themes (Free and premium themes)
Like: http://www.ctrlshiftstudios.com/chat (web chatting application)

AND other ones I cant provide the links for now.
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by greenmouse(m): 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
Haba! Are we sure this is the real graphicsplus posting? I don't see anything about developing a responsive website tongue

The guy is now rebranding
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
@OP. Nice list. But anyone who desires to achieve any of these needs to be self disciplined, ready to STUDY and sacrifice enough time. On the other hand, most of we Nigerian web developers are just after the money... We are not ready to sit down and think, re-strategize, and bring new ideas...

1 Like

Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Opey4luv(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by pharuk: 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
Get rid of the spammer>>> Nobody gives you anything for free
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Youngzedd(m): 2:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
This is a task I must accomplish.

Busy mode activated.
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
...and to do something instead of talking, talking and beefing.
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Decryptor(m): 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
So which one have u done? @OP?
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by ngmart(m): 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
Interesting.
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
How long will it take to train as a web developer? I have inclinations towards the field. Any advice from an expert?
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Ajibel(m): 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
Thats sth to take note of cool
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by dhammer(m): 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
Dude this list is silly. A good Web designer must try to be the best, period.
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
Obi1kenobi: How long will it take to train as a web developer? I have inclinations towards the field. Any advice from an expert?

It depends on how fast you can learn. But within 6 months, you should have been able to grab all you need
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Picomon(m): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
I guess this list is meant for PHP developers.

Wish all PHP developers the best.
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
Picomon: I guess this list is meant for PHP developers.

Wish all PHP developers the best.

Not just PHP developers.
It is meant for Website Developers, irrespective of the language you use in coding.
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
yorme:

It depends on how fast you can learn. But within 6 months, you should have been able to grab all you need
thanks. So, what would you need to learn? Scripting in PHP? Java? Javascript? Flash? What do you think is paramount to acquire?
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
^^^ You need to start from the surface level and that it HTML (HyperText Markup Language) then proceed to CSS (Cascading Styling Sheet). These two are the basis for designing websites, but mainly static ones.

If you desire creating interactive and dynamic websites, you will need to grab skills in Javascript/Jquery.

For the server-side end, you need to learn any technology such as PHP, Asp, e.t.c., without leaving behind MySQL, which is for the database end.
Re: Things Web Developers Must Achieve by mcvize(m): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
yorme:

i gues what makes you learn fast which one cannot be specific on the time frame is your enthusism,drives and zeal you might be shock that i took somebody three month.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Things I Have Learnt From 3 Months Of Blogging / Top 5 Most Unprofitable Niches For Google Adscence / 8 Plugins You Should Have Before You Launch Your Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.