Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos (5958 Views)

Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) / Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN / How Lagos Broke Its Own Laws On Deportation - Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
redsun:

He goes from owanbe to owanbe,making the best free foods and drinks.Like a nomad in his own land.

I thought they say ..with old age comes some measure of wisdom...in your case..with age comes a huge amount of f00lishness and you are exhibiting such to the heavens here grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Sloan: 10:45pm On Jul 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
that is why i feel ACN or APC can never rule nigeria. how many yorubas have deported to sw states. fashola deportation programme is a shame.
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by 9jaIhail(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
redsun:

He goes from owanbe to owanbe,making the best free foods and drinks.Like a nomad in his own land.

How sure are you this tout has a home? The foolishest part of it is that their parents had sold all their lands to igbos, now they had ran out of land to sell, they resulted in selling their bath rooms,kitchen and any little portion left in their backyard. From his utterances so far, you can observe that this guy is very bitter in mind over igbos.

Egunguboy.. Take heart and also be thankful to igbos for buying up your fathers land if not your parents wouldn't have afford money to sponsor you to a wasted education you obtained so far. I think if anyone call you ingrate that person must be right because if not for igbos who bought up your lands you wouldn't have known how to read and write. IGBO RULE... IGBO THE INDOMITABLE LIONS OF AFRICA.
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by remarkD(m): 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/400138/area-boys-lagos-ibadan-action

it is because every Yoruba man sees hardwork as trouble.

An Igbo man will say... "Don't just give me fish all the time, teach me to fish... " (and before you know it he starts from scratch and builds a profitable fish business expanding his business far and wide....

The yooba man will say.... don't just give me fish, give my family - wives and kids - too.... continue giving us more and more...

and when there is no more free fish... he starts making noise on the internet/media.... threatening fire and brimstone... that one day, he will take your fishing business and give it to the Chinese and Indians.... he'll even take over your house (which his grandpa sold to you and he has no more rights of ownership) .... you know, just threts he knows he cant even dare to try... but to back it up, he will say 1967 - 70 - a war fought by Great Britain by means of unlimited weapons, air, land & sea... which northern soldiers and basically the rest of Nigeria sided with them - will be child's play compared to what he will do if you don't give him free fish...

he will go on...(he never gets tired of talking/bragging... ) that he has a very successful life and that your fish doesn't mean anything to him, (yet he is starving) ... that you and your fish business is wretched and you living miserably while he himself is better than you.... (I really cant match the extent of their yapping... )

but at the end of the day, truth is he needs food, he needs free fish... and when the government still tries to teach them to fish for themselves... the refuse, again and again.. and see what they end up doing:

Print version ‘Area Boys’ Burn Rehabilitation Centre
February 17, 2010 17:16, 105 views

By Kazeem Ugbodaga

The multi-million naira Lagos State Rehabilitation and Skills Acquisition Centre, Tekunle, Lagos State has been burnt by area boys taken to the centre for rehabilitation.

The centre was built by former Governor Bola Tinubu about six years ago to rehabilitate area boys and drug addicts arrested on the streets of Lagos.

Tekunle is an Island at a remote area of Lekki and has often been described as a ‘place of no return’ because of its inaccessibility.

Area boys taken to the Island, after sometime adjust to the environment and learn useful skills such as tailoring, carpentry, vulcanizing, among others for a period of nine months after which they are sent back into the society to live meaningful lives.

However, P.M.NEWS gathered that scores of area boys sent for rehabilitation went on the rampage recently and razed the centre.

Equipment bought with millions of naira and the buildings in the centre were burnt by the area boys, bringing to an end the rehabilitation programme of the Lagos State Government for social miscreants.

It could not be ascertain why the area boys went on the rampage.

P.M.NEWS gathered, however, that the trainees revolted when they were being flogged for refusing to carry out certain instruction.

Officers of the Lagos State Taskforce on Environment and Special Offences unit, it was further learnt, saved the day as they stormed the centre and arrested scores of the area boys who carried out the act.

Chairman of the Task Force, Bayo Sulaiman, when contacted told P.M.NEWS that those arrested had been charged to the Tapa Customary Court, Lagos Island for arson.

He disclosed that the suspects were currently being remanded at the Ikoyi Prisons, adding that the state’s Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Supo Sasore, was handling the case for the government.

When asked to give details on how the area boys burnt the centre, he declined, saying that our reporter should go to the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Social Development to get such information.

When contacted, the Permanent Secretary, Mr. Kamal Junaid said: “I don’t know anything about it; you can contact the Public Relations Officer or the Special Adviser to the Governor on Youth, Sports and Social Development.”

Special Adviser to the Governor on Youth, Sports and Social Development, Dr. Dolapo Badru, could not be reached.

One of his aides who picked the call said his boss was in a meeting and that we should call later.

Since the inception of the centre, about four sets of area boys had been rehabilitated and empowered to live meaningful lives in the society.

Some of them had told stories of their wretched past and how their lives changed when they were rehabilitated at the training centre.

With the burning of the centre, it appears the laudable plan of the state government to rehabilitate the notorious area boys has been dealt a mortal blow.

https://www.nairaland.com/400138/area-boys-lagos-ibadan-action
ilugunboy:

Don't tell me you are running off....at least you still have the moral support of red sunset

You lot go look for trouble and when you are justly served...you turn around to claim victimization ....why are Igbos trouble makers everywhere they gather ?

1 Like

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
dayokanu: I hope this is circulated in major newspapers So all those forming I am a detribalized Yorubas realize their folly when they would come and tell you to vote on who should be Oba of Lagos Yoruba ronu ooo
don't you love democracy?
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

How sure are you this tout has a home? The foolishest part of it is that their parents had sold all their lands to igbos, now they had ran out of land to sell, they resulted in selling their bath rooms,kitchen and any little portion left in their backyard. From his utterances so far, you can observe that this guy is very bitter in mind over igbos.

Egunguboy.. Take heart and also be thankful to igbos for buying up your fathers land if not your parents wouldn't have afford money to sponsor you to a wasted education you obtained so far. I think if anyone call you ingrate that person must be right because if not for igbos who bought up your lands you wouldn't have known how to read and write. IGBO RULE... IGBO THE INDOMITABLE LIONS OF AFRICA.

Thank goodness...some huge chunk of Igbos don't think like a small kid like you exhibit often here.

You have a personal inadequacy and you will do well to attend to such instead of going in circle with this perpetual chest beating that translate to nothing in the real sense...

We don't néed to beat our chest....of personal accomplishment in life...only Ibos do.

2 Likes

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by 9jaIhail(m): 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
remark D: it is because every Yoruba man sees hardwork as trouble.

An Igbo man will say... "Don't just give me fish all the time, teach me to fish... " (and before you know it he starts from scratch and builds a profitable fish business expanding his business far and wide....

The yooba man will say.... don't just give me fish, give my family - wives and kids - too.... continue giving us more and more...

and when there is no more free fish... he starts making noise on the internet/media.... threatening fire and brimstone... that one day, he will take your fishing business and give it to the Chinese and Indians.... he'll even take over your house (which his grandpa sold to you and he has no more rights of ownership) .... you know, just threts he knows he cant even dare to try... but to back it up, he will say 1967 - 70 - a war fought by Great Britain by means of unlimited weapons, air, land & sea... which northern soldiers and basically the rest of Nigeria sided with them - will be child's play compared to what he will do if you don't give him free fish...

he will go on...(he never gets tired of talking/bragging... ) that he has a very successful life and that your fish doesn't mean anything to him, (yet he is starving) ... that you and your fish business is wretched and you living miserably while he himself is better than you.... (I really cant match the extent of their yapping... )

but at the end of the day, truth is he needs food, he needs free fish... and when the government still tries to teach them to fish for themselves... the refuse, again and again.. and see what they end up doing:

Bro, one thing you need to know is that, this people from south west Nigeria celebrate cowardice as a great inheritance

1 Like

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Ayekotoo(m): 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

Are they destitute ?

I don't think these people go to school and if they did, they only went to school to study English language but not to broaden their horizons and increase their IQ.

1 Like

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Ayekotoo(m): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
Laalamed: that is why i feel ACN or APC can never rule nigeria. how many yorubas have deported to sw states. fashola deportation programme is a shame.

why did Abuja deport/return destitutes to their home states? until you tell me keep your mouth shut.

1 Like

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by 9jaIhail(m): 11:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

Thank goodness...some huge chunk of Igbos don't think like a small kid like you exhibit often here.

You have a personal inadequacy and you will do well to attend to such instead of going in circle with this perpetual chest beating that translate to nothing in the real sense...

We don't néed to beat our chest....of personal accomplishment in life...only Ibos do.

Now that it is obvious you had gotten more than you bargained ...It will make sense to give you a breathing space to see if your suffocated brain can have some rest and think positive and be grateful to igbos who through their money your parents was able to send you to school.

This will be my last reply to a man who was born at the backyard of one babalawo instead of hospital.
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by T9ksy(m): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

From your utterances one can easily detest serious anger,frustration and confusion all over you. Igbos will soon done buying up lagos, the next target is ogun state soon you lot will become tenant to igbos in your own land hahahahahahahaha.. What a sad losers

The sardunna was right about you guys. So too was akintola in 1964.

So that is the original intention you guys arbor for us whilst impishly branding your pet pseudo-trump card "we are all nigerians and so can reside and do business anyway in the country". Whilst in actual fact your sole objective is to turn us into tenants in our own ancestral land.What a mean feat!! Am sure you guys will not contemplate such for northern cities like kano, kadunna, sokoto probably because you all know your hosts will not waste their time reasoning with you rather they let their daggers, swords and lately modern weapons do their talking for them.

Oh well, good luck with your insidious plan for yorubaland. however when yorubas (your benevolent hosts) reacts to checkmate your ambitious and audacious attempt to colonise them, hope you all won't be whinning about "rules of engagement" and the likes, decades later.
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ayekotoo:

why did Abuja deport/return destitutes to their home states? until you tell me keep your mouth shut.
it is slowpoke like u that keep insulting people on thread like this.it is wrong for abuja to deport destitutes to state of origin. is there any sane country that does that?

1 Like

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Now that it is obvious you had gotten more than you bargained ...It will make sense to give you a breathing space to see if your suffocated brain can have some rest and think positive and be grateful to igbos who through their money your parents was able to send you to school.

This will be my last reply to a man who was born at the backyard of one babalawo instead of hospital.

Lol at this dolt.... grin grin you are tired of the chest beating right and you need some breather ....?

When next you want to go on your wild dreams ...do it with caution or else people will put you lot into the bin you actually belong.

Empty nitwit...

2 Likes

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Ayekotoo(m): 11:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
Can someone tell me why the FG via the ministry of FCT did this?
Ayekotoo:

The Abuja Environmental Protection Board
(AEPB) arrested 144 beggars and other
destitute persons in the city centre within the
last three weeks, an official said. The Head of
Information and Outreach Programme, AEPB,
Mr Joe Ukairo, told newsmen in Abuja on
Tuesday that the board made the arrests
during a “massive operation’’. Ukairo said the
board had adopted stricter and sustainable
measures of evacuating beggars from the
streets.
“We discovered that they still come to the
street after evacuation but this time around
we are taking more stringent measures to
make sure they don’t come back. “What these
beggars do is when they see our vehicle
coming they run away but now there are
undercover approaches adopted by the board
to tackle this problem,’’ he said. Ukairo said
that the board would, henceforth, take
pictures and personal data of all beggars
arrested before returning them to their states
of origin. He said the step would enable the
board to know those who returned to the
street. The official said that after returning
the beggars home, AEPB would contact their
various state and local governments to be
part of their rehabilitation. Ukairo said that
without proper rehabilitation, it would be
very difficult to permanently get the beggars
off the streets of Abuja.
He said any beggar who wished to stay back
in the FCT would be taken to the
rehabilitation centre in Bwari Area Council to
learn a trade, such as carpentry, handicraft,
tailoring, soap making, among others.
“We discovered that the street tends to be
more lucrative for the beggars than the
government efforts to rehabilitate them and
provide vocational training,” he said.
Commenting on the reappearance of hawkers
in Wuse Market, Ukairo said the board would
not tolerate their activities in the city centre.
He said that the AEPB noticed that miscreants
hid under the cover of hawkers and traders
to snatch bags and other valuables from
residents at night. Ukairo said the board had
given 72 hours notice to hawkers to evacuate
Wuse Market and environs and stressed that
`there is no amount of sentiment that will
legalise illegality. “Government is ready to
support small scale businesses but it must be
within the provision of the law.‘’ He advised
that the hawkers go to the area councils to
start their businesses. He called on residents
to respect the board’s enforcement squad
and report any form of unethical behaviour
from them. (NAN)

http://blueprintng.com/new/2013/01/09/aepb-arrests-144-beggars-destitute-persons/
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
Laalamed:
it is slowpoke like u that keep insulting people on thread like this.it is wrong for abuja to deport destitutes to state of origin. is there any sane country that does that?
For where e dey happen? Nigeria is a crazy country!! It's like deporting people from California to New Orleans, or are there no destitute in America?

1 Like

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Ayekotoo(m): 11:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
Laalamed:

hold your leaders accountable. They have turned your region to unviable states. no investors want to come to your region and states for some many factors. beggars are destitutes and nuisance. street hawking especially in traffic is an eyesore and embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Ayekotoo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
berem: For where e dey happen? Nigeria is a crazy country!! It's like deporting people from California to New Orleans, or are there no destitute in America?

madam, its like you don't know your people. your people don't like legitimate trades and don't want to venture into craft works. they prefer to hawk in traffic to crafty. that's the problem. this is an eyesore and embarrassment to our environment. period!
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ayekotoo:

madam, its like you don't know your people. your people don't like legitimate trades and don't want to venture into craft works. they prefer to hawk in traffic to crafty. that's the problem. this is an eyesore and embarrassment to our environment. period!
legitimate trade? Craft works? embarrassment to your environment? abeg yarn me tori!!
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by redsun(m): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ayekotoo:

Hawking in traffic is better than harassing people and forcefully begging money on the street like the area boys igunje do.Constituting societal nuisance.
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
redsun:

Hawking in traffic is better than harassing people and forcefully begging money on the street like the area boys igunje do.Constituting societal nuisance.
....even in some developing countries, people are seen hawking on streets selling their goods. kini big deal?
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
berem: ....even in some developing countries, people are seen hawking on streets selling their goods. kini big deal?

You can be embarrassing with your comment sometimes....read the thrash you wrote again but slowly.

2 Likes

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by redsun(m): 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
berem: ....even in some developing countries, people are seen hawking on streets selling their goods. kini big deal?

People live based on the resources available to them.Fashola is trying to turn lagos into hollywood overnight when over 60 percent of lagos inhabitants are abjectly poor.

HOW POSSIBLE WILL THAT BE?
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
redsun:

People live based on the resources available to them.Fashola is trying to turn lagos into hollywood overnight when over 60 percent of lagos inhabitants are abjectly poor.

HOW POSSIBLE WILL THAT BE?

Obviously Fashola should be the least of your headache ....you have bigger personal problems that you need to handle...

2 Likes

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by redsun(m): 11:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

Obviously Fashola should be the least of your headache ....you have bigger personal problems that you need to handle...

I mean people living from hand to mouth like you.My biggest problem right now is to bring salvation to caged animals like you.
I will one day be glad to see you think straight.
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
ilugunboy:

You can be embarrassing with your comment sometimes....read the thrash you wrote again but slowly.
how? what's wrong with my comment? As long as Nigeria remains a failed state, hawking on streets is no big deal. Why shouldnt people hawk goods? you prefer them to steal and kill?
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 29, 2013
redsun:

I mean people living from hand to mouth like you.My biggest problem right now is to bring salvation to caged animals like you.
I will one day be glad to see you think straight.

Help yourself ....you deserve that...you live a lonely and apparently unloved life.

2 Likes

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 29, 2013
ilugunboy:

Help yourself ....you deserve that...you live a lonely and apparently unloved life.
Dude, it's time to go to bed. it's midnight already. grin "yawns"
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 29, 2013
berem: how? what's wrong with my comment? As long as Nigeria remains a failed state, hawking on streets is no big deal. Why shouldnt people hawk goods? you prefer them to steal and kill?

Still digging hole.....

Someone is trying to arrest and turn his state away from the societal rot..but here you are saying its fine as long as its obtainable elsewhere or else they do crime.

I will prefer they do crime and the the long arm of the law deal with them.

2 Likes

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 29, 2013
berem: Dude, it's time to go to bed. it's midnight already. "yawns"

So what is my business with you if you want to go to bed?

2 Likes

Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by redsun(m): 12:07am On Jul 29, 2013
ilugunboy:

Is that why you are so bitter?You are lonely,unloved,uncared for,with wide ijebu marks on your face. looking like hyena that escaped from a lion.Kpele,god's time is the best.
Re: Group Vows To Sue Fashola On Deportation Of Igbos by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 29, 2013
ilugunboy:

So what is my business with you if you want to go to bed?
Go and sleep joor! you have talked too much. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Crafts(yorubas) VS Trade(kwarans And Ibos) / The Nigerian Born Who Is The Founder Of The Largest Farm In Benin Republic(pix) / Photos Of Okezie Ikpeazu Before He Became Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.