Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree (1413 Views)

5 Sets Of Persons Who Betrayed Jonathan... And Nemesis Is Catching Up With Them / Photos Of Ofinjite Amachree That Was Burnt By Thugs In Rivers / King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by ochejoseph(m): 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2013
Despite the public declaration of support for
Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, 247
U reports can authoritatively report that 12
out of the 27 lawmakers behind the Governor
switched camp when it mattered most to
impeach Rt. Hon. Otelemabama Amachree as
speaker.
The register of proceedings in the House on
the day lawmakers engaged in a free for all
following the impeachment of Amachree
shows the names of lawmakers, who
participated in voting out the speaker, and
those who did not vote against him.
Investigations revealed that the moment the
leader of the House, Hon. Chidi Lloyd saw
that the impeachment of Amaechree could
pave way for the impeachment of Amaechi, he
quickly left the House, and called the
Governor, who came with a team of security
operatives.
A source who witnessed the impeachment,
said that the sergeant at arms was present
when Amachree was impeached, but did not
turn up when Amaechi forced his way into
the House.
“There was an impeachment. The former
speaker was impeached because 12 lwmkaers
supporting Amaechi joined the five that were
against him. And the way things went, things
were moving smoothly in the House until
Amaechi entered. This gave Lloyd the
confidence to bounce on Chinda,,,” the source
said.
That position is in line with that of Hon.
Evans Bipi, who claims to be the new speaker.
He spoke in Port Harcourt shortly before he
travelled to London to visit Hon. Michael
Chinda, who is recuperating at the Bupa
Cromwell Hospital.
He said: “If we are five and a minority in a
House of 32 as it is being alleged, then why did
Governor Chibuike Amaechi run to court to
seek the protection from being impeached?.
So, the question is: can five in the House of 32
impeach a Speaker or a governor? We have
the attendance list of the lawmakers that
signed the impeachment of Dan-Amachree
and it will be made public at the appropriate
time.”
Bipi, who spoke shortly before leaving for
London to visit Hon. Michael Chinda, who is
recuperating at the Bupa Cromwell Hospital,
also said he was ready to work with the
Governor as speaker.
He said: “I am fully prepared to work with
Governor Amaechi as the new Speaker of the
Rivers State House of Assembly. Contrary to
wide-spread views in the public domain, I
have no intention to impeach Governor
Amaechi before his tenure elapses, in May 29,
2015”, he said.
“I want you people to believe me: Dan-
Amachree was truly impeached, after which, I
was duly sworn in as the new Speaker, and I
also formally made my inaugural speech as
Speaker, sitting on the Speakers chair with
the mace, the symbol of authority in my front.
You can verify from the attendance list of all
the legislators that were present in the
chamber of the House on that Tuesday
morning.
“I was formally led into the chamber of the
House by the Sergeant –at-arm, carrying the
mace, as it is the procedure with the conduct
of official proceedings of the House of
Assembly. If Dan-Amachree was not truly
impeached, why did the then Leader of the
House, Chidi Lloyd, run to the Government
House, to alert Governor Amaechi, that we
have taken over the leadership of the House?
“Lloyd ran to government house to appeal to
the governor to come with his security aides
to enable them chase us away, so that Dan-
Amachree can hold a sitting before television
cameras that will be aired to viewers, to
counter our successful impeachment of the
former speaker, earlier in the day”.
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2013
Source
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmm!
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by beckyobvious: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
cool undecidedMy question is where was d speaker. During his. Impeachment?why was he not there?is it dat he attends meetings late? Or what?
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by Giddyprance(m): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
This is to b classified as nfn bt rumour if no source is given
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by Alxmyr(m): 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
beckyobvious: cool undecidedMy question is where was d speaker. During his. Impeachment?why was he not there?is it dat he attends meetings late? Or what?

He presided over the sitting.
He accepted his impeachment in good faith.
He shook hand with Bipi after the impeachment.
He went to take his seat in the assembly.
It was only when Amaechi came to the house that things changed.
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by dinachi(m): 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
Great and the 12 Judases could not speak up! Abeg tell that to the Marines!for ur information, how come the video did not show anybody except the three clowns! The man carrying the Mace is not the Sergent at arms but somebody else.Please some of u Dumbos supporters make me laugh at your childish attempt to defend the indefensible!
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
Prof Corruption:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzAxlGgRDHs

The guy is a joke of the year. How could he deliver a poor written speech? Nigerians deserve what they get if they keep electing people like Bipi to lead them.
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by dinachi(m): 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
After watching the video, I couldn't help laughing! very clearly there was not more than five people in the whole assembly. This Evans Bipi is just a clown.I believe if OP watches the video his doubts will be cleared immediately. This jesus of Okrika people can not even shoot straight. How on earth did they allow the video man to show images of the empty assembly? If they have prevented those images of the empty assembly from showing, maybe, just maybe, we would have had doubts. As for the stark illiterate who calls himself Evans, his utterances only elicit laughter anytime he opens his mouth.
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by Mylove55(f): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
What a thrash,pls remove dis thrash frm here.another pdp magic,even if they are 17,is not stil up to d required 22,b4 impeachment can take place.
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by stebell(m): 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
Mylove55: What a thrash,pls remove dis thrash frm here.another pdp magic,even if they are 17,is not stil up to d required 22,b4 impeachment can take place.
Guy it's not a trash. τ̲̅ђe house is made up of 32 members. 22 of them were present that day and a quorum was formed. Now once aπϑ quorum is formed, τ̲̅ђe house can commence business of de day. If τ̲̅ђe OP said 17 voted for τ̲̅ђe impeachment, then that is more than 2/3rd of 22. Like i said in another thread, 5 members are de arrow head of de Anti-Amaechi, but believe me majority of members don't really like de Gov. Evans Bipi said he has documents proving d̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̲̣̣̥ there was an impeachment, if de other members are saying de contrary, then they shud go ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ court. Then maybe Naija will kno de truth.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 29, 2013
stebell: Guy it's not a trash. τ̲̅ђe house is made up of 32 members. 22 of them were present that day and a quorum was formed. Now once aπϑ quorum is formed, τ̲̅ђe house can commence business of de day. If τ̲̅ђe OP said 17 voted for τ̲̅ђe impeachment, then that is more than 2/3rd of 22. Like i said in another thread, 5 members are de arrow head of de Anti-Amaechi, but believe me majority of members don't really like de Gov. Evans Bipi said he has documents proving d̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̲̣̣̥ there was an impeachment, if de other members are saying de contrary, then they shud go ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ court. Then maybe Naija will kno de truth.

Kindly watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzAxlGgRDHs
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by takedat(m): 12:47am On Jul 29, 2013
What a load of silly nonsense. Why not publish the register of proceedings? Even those in the anti-Amaechi camp at no time claimed 17(12+5) of them impeached the speaker. Nigerian Journalism is in a state of disarray, its becoming harder and harder to vouch for the integrity and sincerity of the Fourth Estate.
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by dridowu: 7:57am On Jul 29, 2013
Hon Bipi : Money Power Drunken Lawmaker
Re: 12 Out Of 27 Pro -amaechilawmakers Betrayed Amaechito Impeach Amachree by Tintinix: 8:14am On Jul 29, 2013
take dat: What a load of silly nonsense. Why not publish the register of proceedings? Even those in the anti-Amaechi camp at no time claimed 17(12+5) of them impeached the speaker. Nigerian Journalism is in a state of disarray, its becoming harder and harder to vouch for the integrity and sincerity of the Fourth Estate.

It is not a load of nonsense, if that register is released to the press, t beciomes in admissible in the court.
I had earlier said it is mind boggling that 5 persons alone would have successfully impeached the speaker, appointed another speaker that has assumed the office with such impunity... this is Naija I agree...
All they need is Take them to court!!!!!!!!

Same thing Jang is asking Fashola and co. to do.

dinachi: After watching the video, I couldn't help laughing! very clearly there was not more than five people in the whole assembly. This Evans Bipi is just a clown.I believe if OP watches the video his doubts will be cleared immediately. This jesus of Okrika people can not even shoot straight. How on earth did they allow the video man to show images of the empty assembly? If they have prevented those images of the empty assembly from showing, maybe, just maybe, we would have had doubts. As for the stark illiterate who calls himself Evans, his utterances only elicit laughter anytime he opens his mouth.

Oga Sir, this video is after the proceeding oh! The so called Judases have finished their work and might have left.. if we need more clarification.. take them to court.
I heard and interview on radio were the commisioner of information called in and said she had "taken all recordings of proceeding of the house proceeding that day...." and the inteviewer kept asking the lawyer representing the so called anti-ameachi group to show evidence that there was really an impeachment; and all he kept saying was .. "is this the court? Take us to court and we will show you!"

ochejoseph: Despite the public declaration of support for
Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, 247
He said: “If we are five and a minority in a
House of 32 as it is being alleged, then why did
Governor Chibuike Amaechi run to court to
seek the protection from being impeached?.
So, the question is: can five in the House of 32
impeach a Speaker or a governor? We have
the attendance list of the lawmakers that
signed the impeachment of Dan-Amachree
and it will be made public at the appropriate
time.”
he said.
“I want you people to believe me: Dan-
Amachree was truly impeached, after which, I
was duly sworn in as the new Speaker, and I
also formally made my inaugural speech as
Speaker, sitting on the Speakers chair with
the mace, the symbol of authority in my front.
You can verify from the attendance list of all
the legislators that were present in the
chamber of the House on that Tuesday
morning.

(1) (Reply)

Is Boko Haram's Shekau Really Dead? (pictures) / Rebel PDP Governors Ask Jonathan To Remove Sambo As VP & Replace One Of Them / My Story My Vision by Nuhu Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.