Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,038 members, 7,859,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? (2286 Views)

Union Presents Cash To Needy Nigerian Families In South Africa / Are Husbands Contributing To Their Wives Stubbornness? / The Wickedness Of Some Naija Women In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by zboyd: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Are you fucking serious?!! Crime is a crime is a crime! Are you telling me that spousal murder is bad in America but not Africa?

I don't even know why I have asked you to be honest when it is a known fact that African/Black/Colored folks are the most dishonest and pretentious group of all groups...hence being on the bottom of the totem pole.

Keep making excuses for Africans while outsiders are steady raping and reaping what Mother Africa has to offer.

lol

Were YOU serious when you posted a scenario whereas an immigrant TO Nigeria could get into "scamming, bombing, cutting off clitorises, marrying babies in diapers, and selling punny in public bathrooms for mush and flipflops"...and then turn around and blame Nigeria?

Among the true crimes (scamming, bombing), you sprinkled in cultural practices (cutting off clitorises, marrying babies in diapers) which may or may not be crimes, depending on the ethnic group and/or country's view, and a social ill (selling punny in public bathrooms for mush and flipflops)which may or may not be a crime, depending on a particular society's view of punny selling in general. Was this for shock effect?

Come now...if I deplore spousal murder (a crime)...then why wouldn't I deplore scamming and bombing (also crimes)?

You're just looking for a fight. Hence the answer.

I suspected who you were..now I'm sure of it...based on this...

"I don't even know why I have asked you to be honest when it is a known fact that African/Black/Colored folks are the most dishonest and pretentious group of all groups...hence being on the bottom of the totem pole."

Are you speaking of yourself or as a non-African/Black/Colored person?

BTW...it's also a known fact that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Look around you.

What do you mean by this statement?

"Keep making excuses for Africans while outsiders are steady raping and reaping what Mother Africa has to offer."

Understanding the factors that push some African immigrants into aberrant behaviors, behaviors not previously present, until after immigrating is not making excuses for them - with understanding comes probable solutions.

And what do "outsiders steady raping and reaping what Mother Africa has to offer" have to do with this discussion?

Thanks for replying though.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by zboyd: 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
Some things that are done outside America/Host Country are not tolerated inside of America/Host Country which some unlucky African immigrants soon find out, at the hands of law officials.

1 Like

Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by Caseless: 9:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
zboyd:

Why do YOU think such things are happening?
we fail to internalise that african value; always taking after something we see the whites doing.

I think u heard the pope saying gays shld be incoporated into the society. Wait and see how we africans will applaud and accept this as a norm....simply becos it is coming from a white pope who we think is angel. They make u accept theirs, and lose connection with ours.

1 Like

Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by MrsChima(f): 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
zboyd:

lol

Were YOU serious when you posted a scenario whereas an immigrant TO Nigeria could get into "scamming, bombing, cutting off clitorises, marrying babies in diapers, and selling punny in public bathrooms for mush and flipflops"...and then turn around and blame Nigeria?

Among the true crimes (scamming, bombing), you sprinkled in cultural practices (cutting off clitorises, marrying babies in diapers) which may or may not be crimes, depending on the ethnic group and/or country's view, and a social ill (selling punny in public bathrooms for mush and flipflops)which may or may not be a crime, depending on a particular society's view of punny selling in general. Was this for shock effect?

Come now...if I deplore spousal murder (a crime)...then why wouldn't I deplore scamming and bombing (also crimes)?

You're just looking for a fight. Hence the answer.

I suspected who you were..now I'm sure of it...based on this...

"I don't even know why I have asked you to be honest when it is a known fact that African/Black/Colored folks are the most dishonest and pretentious group of all groups...hence being on the bottom of the totem pole."

BTW...it's also a known fact that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Look around you.

What do you mean by this statement?

"Keep making excuses for Africans while outsiders are steady raping and reaping what Mother Africa has to offer."

Understanding the factors that push some African immigrants into aberrant behaviors, behaviors not previously present, until after immigrating is not making excuses for them - with understanding comes probable solutions.

And what do "outsiders steady raping and reaping what Mother Africa has to offer" have to do with this discussion?

Thanks for replying though.

Were you playing daft when you said that there are no crime greater than spousal murder

You said on this thread that spousal murders, pimping out children, prostitution, and rape is an American thing and I am saying scamming, cutting off clitorises, marrying babies in diapers, and bombing is an African thing.

Different between you and I is that I don't blame the Country/Continent for individual actions because I am not ignorant.

Don't thank me yet....I am just getting started! grin
Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by Caseless: 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
zboyd:

Why do YOU think such things are happening?
we have failed to internalise our african values, so we tend to lose it easily.
Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by Caseless: 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by mgbeketoto: 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
Runaway SPAM-DONORS!
If the head of the fish is WWWWOTTEN! kiss

DESPERADO WOMEN who will pick any RIFF-RAFF in the form of 'man' then start breeding according to 'HIS WORD' in the utmost miserable existence of abject poverty!!!!!

Fiaaaaaakwa!!!!! grin.

Dem tin say na NIGERIA dem dey where opening NYANSH and BORNING like toilet maggots na SOLE ACHIEVEMENT in life.

Without planning too! cry
Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by bukatyne(f): 10:30am On Jul 30, 2013
I sincerely refuse to believe all blacks are 'saints' till they come in contact with whites tongue

The truth is that worse happens in Nigeria but our Police being very 'efficient' do not track most crimes.

How many white leaders would syphon the money meant for pensioners and go free if it goes public? Bill Clinton almost lost his marriage and position because he had an extra-martial affair. Do you think Jonathan sexcapedes will affect his position? Who cares about such anyways? What of people killed daily for rituals? Or raped? Or daily perverted justice?

Let's stop painting blacks as mindless fools who absorb anything from whites.

The white society is only more sincere while we are very pretentious and hypocrites.

If we are NOT satisfied with their morals, abeg let's move back home emasse! It is a sign of ingratitude to criticize your host.

1 Like

Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by MrsChima(f): 4:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
bukatyne: I sincerely refuse to believe all blacks are 'saints' till they come in contact with whites tongue

The truth is that worse happens in Nigeria but our Police being very 'efficient' do not track most crimes.

How many white leaders would syphon the money meant for pensioners and go free if it goes public? Bill Clinton almost lost his marriage and position because he had an extra-martial affair. Do you think Jonathan sexcapedes will affect his position? Who cares about such anyways? What of people killed daily for rituals? Or raped? Or daily perverted justice?

Let's stop painting blacks as mindless fools who absorb anything from whites.

The white society is only more sincere while we are very pretentious and hypocrites.

If we are NOT satisfied with their morals, abeg let's move back home emasse! It is a sign of ingratitude to criticize your host.

Big kiss on the mouth. No homo! grin

Honesty and awareness free from ignorance rocks!
Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by zboyd: 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
caseless: we fail to internalise that african value; always taking after something we see the whites doing.

I think u heard the pope saying gays shld be incoporated into the society. Wait and see how we africans will applaud and accept this as a norm....simply becos it is coming from a white pope who we think is angel. They make u accept theirs, and lose connection with ours.

I will have to somewhat agree with you.

My grands called such thinking/behavior "white folks mess"...thinking/behavior black folks ain't got no business messing around with...period.

Yet they do...and where does that lead them?

On the other hand...nothing or no one can make people do anything.

They have free will.
Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by zboyd: 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Were you playing daft when you said that there are no crime greater than spousal murder

You said on this thread that spousal murders, pimping out children, prostitution, and rape is an American thing and I am saying scamming, cutting off clitorises, marrying babies in diapers, and bombing is an African thing.

Different between you and I is that I don't blame the Country/Continent for individual actions because I am not ignorant.

Don't thank me yet....I am just getting started! grin

No, I was 'playing evil' when I said that scamming, bombing, cutting off clitorises, marrying babies in diapers and punny selling does not equate to spousal murder. You, madam, were looking for a cyberfight, so I gave you something to sink your teeth into...and you did.

I repeat: "Such happenings (anti-social) are becoming more common among African immigrants. It's not uncommon, here in America." -zboyd

Have you found this to be true within some African communities? Have you noticed some behaviors, here in Yankee or elsewhere abroad, that you or other Naijas/Africans deemed Un-Nigerian/Un-African? If some behaviors weren't done or tolerated "back home", then why do some African immigrants do it here in Yankee or elsewhere abroad?

I've grown up around African immigrants all my life...but never in my life have I've heard or witnessed such an escalation of negative behaviors, as I have in the last decade or so.

You said: "...scamming, cutting off clitorises, marrying babies in diapers, and bombing is an African thing."

I still maintain that scamming and bombing (true crimes) are NOT an African thing, because not only Africans do these things. I also maintain that "cutting off clitorises, marrying babies in diapers (betrothal/cultural customs) and prostitution are NOT just an African thing, because not only Africans do these things, and are only deemed crimes/unacceptable/not tolerated, as determined by the law of the land and the views of the ethnic group/s involved.

You said: "Different between you and I is that I don't blame the Country/Continent for individual actions because I am not ignorant.

The only "ignorance" being displayed here is that of one who can't see the forest for the trees.

Of course you can't "blame the Country/Continent for individual actions". It's a 'thing'.

However, do you agree that there seems to be "something in the air" in this country that is making some African immigrants "go rogue" and/or display behaviors more commmon among the natives of this country, especially if said immigrants had never displayed such behaviors pre-immigration?

One of my Naija friends says:

"In America, you have to hold on tightly to your morals and values or else you will be sucked into this Devil's Paradise and regret the day you ever left home. You have to have a strong mind and heart...
na condition make crayfish bend...na condition make crayfish break too."

And...as far as you saying:

"I don't even know why I have asked you to be honest when it is a known fact that African/Black/Colored folks are the most dishonest and pretentious group of all groups...hence being on the bottom of the totem pole"...

I ask you again:

As always, honesty is the best policy...whether online or offline...but sometimes silence is golden...and differences of opinion can be aired sans cyberinsults.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by MrsChima(f): 4:49am On Aug 01, 2013
Honesty and awareness free from ignorance rocks! wink

Lol@this dishonest poster STILL in denial. grin

Officer don't shoot! America made me kill my wife! I was a good African until I came to America officer! grin grin cry cry grin grin
Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by MrsChima(f): 11:23am On Aug 01, 2013
Come now! Come now! Fresh from America! I got demonic dirt that will literally change your life!

Are you holy and decent? You must try my demonic dirt if you want to love-vendor your babies!

Only $560 USD! grin grin
Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by zboyd: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Come now! Come now! Fresh from America! I got demonic dirt that will literally change your life!

Are you holy and decent? You must try my demonic dirt if you want to love-vendor your babies!

Only $560 USD! grin grin

You have issues, Madam.

1 Like

Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by MrsChima(f): 1:36am On Aug 02, 2013
I take plastic and paper. grin

Lol@a trick liking his post. Birds of the same bad breed....
Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by zboyd: 4:27am On Aug 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
I take plastic and paper. grin

Lol@a trick liking his post. Birds of the same bad breed....

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Btw..

...a trick" is a prostitute's customer and people aren't animals to be bred.

IMO...you may want to "take" an inventory of your attitudes towards other human beings...being a human being yourself.

Your issues are quite glaring, Madam.
Re: What Is Contributing To The Breakdown Of Some Naija/African Families In America? by MrsChima(f): 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
zboyd:

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Btw..

...a trick" is a prostitute's customer and people aren't animals to be bred.

IMO...you may want to "take" an inventory of your attitudes towards other human beings...being a human being yourself.

Your issues are quite glaring, Madam.

Awwww....the ugly truth pains you huh? grin
Your issue of ignorance requires immiment assistance!

I can see you have never traveled outside your village and I understand why many Nigerian parents send their children to proper schools because they want to break the cycle of ignorance.

Many tried and failed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abakaliki Women And Manual Labour: How Do You See Them? / Decorating The Dream Room Of A Teenage Girl / What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.