Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? (2212 Views)

What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? / Vure Kingsley Ovonix Names His Son After Zuckerberg. Met His Wife On Facebook / Kabiru Ishaq Sa'id Celebrates His 3 Wives, Gives Them Pet Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by oluwatosink: 8:09pm On Oct 27, 2020
Our names performs numerous functions in our daily lives. Names perform specific functions like identification, Specification and our traditional/Religious names plays an important role in our lives . Majority of the names play out in our lives . The names becomes anan identi or a characteristics/Features of oneself. Our Parents/Grandparents gave us this name base on what they experience or what they passed through before we were born and most of the names turns to be our identity or becomes our moniker.
Are you proud/happy with your names?
Wha are your names with their Meanings/translations ?

My name is Oluwatosin/Oluwatosink Meaning: God is enough to be praised in my life. So many things I've experienced, But God will always be praised in my life. No matter the situations in my life, I'll always have a reason to thank God for my life.

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by TAGM(m): 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2020
oluwatosink:
Our names performs numerous functions in our daily lives. Names perform specific functions like identification, Specification and our traditional/Religious names play an important role in our lives . Majority of the names play out in our lives . The names becomes our identity or a characteristics/Features of oneself. Our Parents/Grandparents gave us this name base on what they experience or what they faced or passed through before we were born and most of the names turns to be our identity or becomes our moniker.
Are you proud/happy with your names?
Drop your names with their Meaning/translations

My name is Oluwatosin/Oluwatosink Meaning: God is enough to be praised in my life. So many things I've experienced, But God will always be praised in my life.

Nice. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by oluwatosink: 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
TAGM:

Nice. Amen
Thanks.
@Lalasticlala , Mynd44
Let's know our real names here and what they truly mean.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by SweetOnugbo: 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2020
Osebhahiemen: God did not disappoint me.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by Ebenezer202I: 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2020
SweetOnugbo:
Osebhahiemen: God did not disappoint me.
Esan?
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by SweetOnugbo: 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
Ebenezer202I:
Esan?

Yes
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by dorin27(f): 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
Dorinda means God's Gift

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by pozehnani(f): 9:18pm On Oct 27, 2020
My name pronounced /pozni/ simply means Blessing.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by TAGM(m): 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2020
pozehnani:

Names I haven't heard before. what tribe please?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by TAGM(m): 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2020
dorin27:
Dorinda means God's Gift
Nice name

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by dorin27(f): 10:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
TAGM:

Nice name
Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 28, 2020
Oluebubechukwu - Miracle Working God
Ebube - Warrior/ Miracle
Jane - Gracious God

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by Kelgabriel5(m): 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2020
Kelechi literally means "thank God"

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by mariahAngel(f): 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2020
pozehnani:

It's your real name?
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by pozehnani(f): 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
mariahAngel:

It's your real name?

Nelly.
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by mariahAngel(f): 2:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
pozehnani:

Nelly.

Ok. Beautiful name.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by Yomit71(m): 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2020
Ademola means wealthy crown

in another form could mean (Crown of wealth)
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by BigDawsNet: 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
Dawson wellington

Dawson : son of david
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by EmpressEmerald(f): 9:31pm On Oct 29, 2020
Yomit71:
Ademola means wealthy crown
in another form could mean (Crown of wealth)
i will keep the name for my first baby
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by EmpressEmerald(f): 9:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ndibuwem-ke-Abasi

It Means Godshield
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by TAGM(m): 11:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
EmpressEmerald:
Ndibuwem-ke-Abasi

It Means Godshield
Nice, may God shield you always
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by Yomit71(m): 1:47am On Oct 30, 2020
EmpressEmerald:

i will keep the name for my first baby
wao, i wish...
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by Yomit71(m): 1:48am On Oct 30, 2020
EmpressEmerald:
Ndibuwem-ke-Abasi

It Means Godshield
oh, wish this for my daughter too
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by tobechi74: 5:29am On Oct 30, 2020
You are not your name.
Name is used to differentiate you from others

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by EmpressEmerald(f): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2020
Yomit71:
oh, wish this for my daughter too
its a lovely name but y do u want an ibibio name for your girl?
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by EmpressEmerald(f): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2020
Yomit71:
wao, i wish...
hahahaha
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by EmpressEmerald(f): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2020
TAGM:

Nice, may God shield you always
Amen oooo!!
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by Yomit71(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2020
EmpressEmerald:

its a lovely name but y do u want an ibibio name for your girl?
because a beloved bears it
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by Oizee(f): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2020
tobechi74:
You are not your name.
Name is used to differentiate you from others
apart from differentiation, u name plays an important role in your life. Believe it or not
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by tobechi74: 10:39am On Oct 30, 2020
Oizee:
apart from differentiation, u name plays an important role in your life. Believe it or not

A friend of mine bears the name kindness. He is very sringy
Another bears the name gentle. He is opposite of that.

Names are given to you by your parents based randomly. Has no effect.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by EmpressEmerald(f): 11:06am On Oct 30, 2020
Yomit71:
because a beloved bears it
ok sir
Re: What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? by JONSYN7154: 11:20am On Oct 30, 2020
dorin27:
Dorinda means God's Gift
which language bears DORINDA?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Your Parents Say Thank You? / Things My Parents Told Me / What's With Africans And Nairalanders And Gory Photos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.