Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers (21499 Views)

Chidi Lloyd's Plans To Flee Foiled By Police / Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers / Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 29, 2013
Pro-Governor Rotimi Amaechi members of Rivers State House of Assembly, have threatened to drag the Nigerian Police to the International Court of Justice over alleged torture and continued detention of  the Leader of the House, Mr. Chidi Lloyd, claiming that he is going blind because of his continued incarceration.

A statement by the lawmakers, alleged that Mr. Llyod, who was brought into Port Harcourt last Friday amid tight security was tortured and manhandled by the Police.

The lawmakers, who questioned why the Police had to allegedly chain and blindfold their leader,  condemned the alleged actions of the State Police Commissioner, Mr. Joseph Mbu.

They also said  Mbu should be held responsible, if anything happened to Lloyd.

Lloyd is being held for his alleged role in the attack on Mr. Micael Chinda, member representing Obia/Akpor II in the state Assembly. He has since been flown abroad for medical attention.
Meanwhile, the Police Force Headquarters, yesterday, said that it had uncovered an influx of heavy arms into Rivers State and plans to rob some banks.

In a statement by the Force Spokesman, Mr. Frank Mba,  read: “Following an extensive intelligence operation, the Rivers State Police Command in the early hours of Friday, July 26, 2013 aborted a planned robbery attack targeted at one of the leading commercial banks in the state.”
On the seized arms, he said, “the cache of weapons was recovered from three vehicles hidden at a mechanic village in Ihugbo on the East-West Road, Ahoada, Rivers State.

The weapons recovered include two General Purpose Machine Guns, GPMG with 59 rounds of GPMG ammunition; eight  AK–47 rifles with 1635 rounds of AK-47 ammunition and 57 magazines.
Others included one  G3 rifle with magazine; two  dynamites with detonators and other explosives canes; two gas cylinders with welding accessories; one sledge hammer, one axe and three vehicles in which the weapons were concealed.”

Briefing newsmen in Port Harcourt, yesterday, on behalf of other lawmakers on the fate of Lloyd, Deputy Speaker of the House, Mr. Leyii Kwanee, said, “you all can recall that Chidi Lloyd,  who reported himself at the Force Headquarters, Abuja was sneaked into Port Harcourt on Friday and we thought he would be charged to court same day.

“As I speak to you,  we have just been informed that he is being held at the Force CID by the same police authority under Commissioner Joseph Mbu.

The Deputy Speaker said recent under-currents in the polity and Rivers State indicated that embattled Commissioner of Police,  Mbu would soon be removed from the state.

“We expect Mbu to be on his way out of Rivers State any moment from now. If you observed, the Chairman of the Police Service Commission, Mike Okiro left this arena a while ago.|”
“He has been in the state to see things for himself.” Don’t forget, the Senate has also recommended for Mbu’s removal. We expect that the decision of the Senate, the highest lawmaking body in country should be respected.”

Similarly, he said the recent reconciliatory committee on the crises in the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, might not achieve much.

According to him: “You know that apart from the Chairmanship of Dickson, two members of that committee are against the government of Rotimi Amaechi. I think that committee is not intended to serve the party.”

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/chidi-llyod-going-blind-pro-amechi-lawmakers/
Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Infomizer(m): 6:59am On Jul 29, 2013
Violence sometimes begets violence...I pity the Chidi fella tho'.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by donMecuzy: 7:22am On Jul 29, 2013
Federal Power n Police wink

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by dridowu: 7:35am On Jul 29, 2013
Good Morning Nigerians
Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by gramci: 7:43am On Jul 29, 2013
cheesy Season 1
Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by omon24(m): 7:50am On Jul 29, 2013
my question is what happened to d Evans Bipi guy?dat guy is walking a free man,this thing shouldn't be one sided. Police should produce chidi in court,is wrong for d Nigeria Police to hold on to d guy indefinitely. Great week to all nairalanders.

13 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Ibangap(m): 7:56am On Jul 29, 2013
Hmm, jus one week in custody nd his supporters are crying for him to be released becos he's going blind. Hw abt thousands of innocent nigerians languishing in our prisons in d name of awaiting trials? Nobody cares if they are turning blind or not, or aren't they humans like Lloyd?

40 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Amanwulu1(m): 8:16am On Jul 29, 2013
Ibanga p: Hmm, jus one week in custody nd his supporters are crying for him to be released becos he's going blind. Hw abt thousands of innocent nigerians languishing in our prisons in d name of awaiting trials? Nobody cares if they are turning blind or not, or aren't they humans like Lloyd?
those ones don't have d progresives dat can speak for dem as dey ar nt super citizens.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 29, 2013
Moral of the story: don't be overzealous for a junior paymaster to the extent of being caught on tape cudgelling an opponent.

Sorry mate, na Naija be dis. Amaechi can't help u now

11 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by ebucha: 8:29am On Jul 29, 2013
Make I wear helmet before I comment before him go nack me Akpako.
"The lawmakers, who questioned why the Police had to allegedly chain and blindfold their leader,  condemned the alleged actions of the State Police Commissioner, Mr. Joseph Mbu."
Even the police knows that the Akpako master can go on rampage with any object at his sight or reach.

13 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by samuelkaykay(m): 8:29am On Jul 29, 2013
Hon Lyod should remain in police custody until Hon Chinda is fully recovered.He should also be made to sweep the market square for 24days,after that he will bring 50 bags of rice,1000 tubers of yam and 7 cows,volunteer to support GEJ,Openly criticize,Tinibu,Buhari,Amaechi.Finally he should donate 7 patrol vans to JTF.THE gODS HAVE SPOKEN!

39 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by julimax(m): 8:34am On Jul 29, 2013
Act 1, Scene 1. NollyPolitics
Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Willy7(m): 9:18am On Jul 29, 2013
Lawless country.These are the grasses PEJ was talking about,not neccesarily the masses. .Abeg musiwa 1-350 give me the satelite picture of badagry,i have business there.

5 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Aleeyouchalawa(m): 9:49am On Jul 29, 2013
Here we go again...
Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 29, 2013
While Amaechi is having a secret meeting with Jonathan and chopping chicken .

Loooooool. ..

what a pawn .

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by devigblegble: 9:50am On Jul 29, 2013
Nigeria jagajaga everything scatter scatter ......

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by john1632: 9:50am On Jul 29, 2013
Cud nt read ful story.i wil after i sentence dis eba 2 jail in my stomach grin[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:53am On Jul 29, 2013
undecided
Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Okijajuju1(m): 9:56am On Jul 29, 2013
So Mbu had intel on the influx of arms into Rivers State, but didnt have intel on the influx of Touts and hoodlums into the State House of Assembly that it directly across the road from his office.. Make these Jonathan boys stop to embarass themselves jor..

#Ask for Chidi Lloyd.. Its only a matter of time. If they dont release him soon, we shall release him ourselves or kidnap the CP of Rivers State.

#Team Amaechi.. Rivers State shall surely overcome all forces of darkness.

5 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by joyidarauko: 9:57am On Jul 29, 2013
NA WA FOR POLITICS AM JUST TRIED OF BAD LEADERS IN THIS COUNTRY ..... NIGERIAN LEADERS SHOULD LEARN HOW TO PUT GOD FIRST IN THEIR JOBS
Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by drchingy: 9:59am On Jul 29, 2013
[b][/b]fp tinz...tnk u Jesus.....

Meanwhile mr lyod is a criminal n shouldn't be given any special treatment.
He was caught o tape for crissake.how could he be so dumb.
He deservs wateva he is getting. ..

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Riskymallam: 10:00am On Jul 29, 2013
"Police is your friend" grin

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 29, 2013
Police abeg beat dat guy til he blind totally,wat nonsense.E b like say i 4 join police force 2day make i beat dat man personally til he is paralysed.Chai

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 29, 2013
Na now Chidi Lloyd fit explain the difference between "Six" and "Half a Dozen"

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by akatonero(m): 10:05am On Jul 29, 2013
When chidi was doing his things he feel he's ontop of himthe world now the world is ontop of him.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 29, 2013
Stop talking nonsense and show us video proof or picture proof that he was beaten by the police. Nawa dis kind people since dem begin shout he was beaten by the police i have never seen a single pic
Re: Chidi Lloyd Going Blind – Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 29, 2013
Those of you supporting the Police for not following due process should relax your turn or those of your loved ones is coming.

Gosh, yall Nigerians are beasts, to be honest.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CAN Rejects Ex-boko Haram Recruit Into Army, Police / Lawan Sponsors Marriage Of 100 Less-Privileged Spinsters / Leadership Newspaper Publisher, Sam Nda-Isaiah Dies At 58

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.