Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,378 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? (22504 Views)

Is Pope Francis Really A Catholic? / Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? / Did Pope Benedict Convert To Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by ssiaccenture(m): 10:00am On Jul 31, 2013
Do we still remember the event that led to the destruction of soddom and gomorah. a generation perish due to lesbianism and gay in the bible. i expect the pope to conderm gay in strong terms so as to protect our generation from destruction
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by OduntanGabriel(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2013
Papaphobia – fear of the Pope

1 Like

Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by ecnuel: 10:40am On Jul 31, 2013
shumax:
Yes i am a catholic and proud of it, I am also praying that the day when a pro gay pope will be elected will never come; but even at that Gay people have never been stoped from recieving the sacraments if they lead chaste lives, the catholic church has always said having homosexual tendencies is not a sin, it is a temptation and we all face temptation, but the sin is in given in to the homosexual act. Dominus vosbiscum

Many a time I wonder whether the Bible is supreme or a particular dogma of a church.The scripture has a very strong stand against homosexuality. Remember, that was the major sin of Sodom and Gormorah. Have you ever wondered the origin of the word sodomy? The truth is that homosexuality is as bad as any other sin. Those that commit sins ask God for forgiveness and if they pray and make effort to abstain from those sins, help will always come from God. THE PROBLEM WITH GAY MOVEMENT IS THAT THEY BELIEVE IT IS NORMAL AND THAT THE SOCIETY AND THE CHURCH SHOULD ACCEPT THEM AND GIVE THEM LEGAL BACKING. They do not pray for forgiveness. Condemning their deeds is not judging them but restating the stand of the Bible. We only remember where Christ said we should not judge but forget he also said we should judge with right judgement. The church should work towards turning them back to God and not accepting them the way they are. Whatever may be the sin, be it homosexuality or adultery, if the sinner does not accept that he is on the wrong path and retrace his steps, he has no part in Christ.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by abouzaid: 11:11am On Jul 31, 2013
ecnuel:

Many a time I wonder whether the Bible is supreme or a particular dogma of a church.The scripture has a very strong stand against homosexuality. Remember, that was the major sin of Sodom and Gormorah. Have you ever wondered the origin of the word sodomy? The truth is that homosexuality is as bad as any other sin. Those that commit sins ask God for forgiveness and if they pray and make effort to abstain from those sins, help will always come from God. THE PROBLEM WITH GAY MOVEMENT IS THAT THEY BELIEVE IT IS NORMAL AND THAT THE SOCIETY AND THE CHURCH SHOULD ACCEPT THEM AND GIVE THEM LEGAL BACKING. They do not pray for forgiveness. Condemning their deeds is not judging them but restating the stand of the Bible. We only remember where Christ said we should not judge but forget he also said we should judge with right judgement. The church should work towards turning them back to God and not accepting them the way they are. Whatever may be the sin, be it homosexuality or adultery, if the sinner does not accept that he is on the wrong path and retrace his steps, he has no part in Christ.
if u have read the original article, u would have realised that is what the pope said. This whole argument started when some western media started interpreting it to mean that he will be more accomodating of gays than earlier popes.many catholic experts have already posted articles online to clear the air on the issue. What nigerians don't know is that most western media houses and governments support gay rights and are actively promoting it. We also fail to realise that news and propaganda are the just different sides of the same coin. I have read this article in 3 different websites and it's only the earlier article on yahoo news that make it seem as if he was more open on gay rights. They just quoted him disjointedly in a few places and then filled the long article with their own words and numerous pro gay group interviews. This was exactly the same tactics used against the nigerian government during the abacha days.they are slowly poisoning ppl mind to unconsciously accept gay as normal(social engineering).the catechism of the catholic church strongly rejects gayness and not even the pope can change that.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Elijah348(m): 11:12am On Jul 31, 2013
shumax:
Yes i am a catholic and proud of it, I am also praying that the day when a pro gay pope will be elected will never come; but even at that Gay people have never been stoped from recieving the sacraments if they lead chaste lives, the catholic church has always said having homosexual tendencies is not a sin, it is a temptation and we all face temptation, but the sin is in given in to the homosexual act. Dominus vosbiscum
sorry buh i wanna ask this question, if God wanted gey why didnt he create two men instead of a man and a woman...
And beside's can you become an homosexual if push turns to pull...
NOTE: Am not against or in support of homosexuality.

1 Like

Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by molas02: 11:33am On Jul 31, 2013
u be God shae!!!
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by abouzaid: 11:36am On Jul 31, 2013
Elijah348:
sorry buh i wanna ask this question, if God wanted gey why didnt he create two men instead of a man and a woman...
And beside's can you become an homosexual if push turns to pull...
NOTE: Am not against or in support of homosexuality.
the guy is not in support of homosexuals so ur questions should should not be directed to him. I think u totally misunderstood him.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by 40Lightyears: 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2013
WHAT POPE FRANCIS IS SIMPLY SAYING IS THAT HE HATES THE SIN BUT NOT THE SINNER. ALSO HE'S ONLY A SINFUL HUMAN LIKE ALL OF US AND DARES NOT JUGDE. *CASE CLOSED!*
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by ecnuel: 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
abouzaid: if u have read the original article, u would have realised that is what the pope said. This whole argument started when some western media started interpreting it to mean that he will be more accomodating of gays than earlier popes.many catholic experts have already posted articles online to clear the air on the issue. What nigerians don't know is that most western media houses and governments support gay rights and are actively promoting it. We also fail to realise that news and propaganda are the just different sides of the same coin. I have read this article in 3 different websites and it's only the earlier article on yahoo news that make it seem as if he was more open on gay rights. They just quoted him disjointedly in a few places and then filled the long article with their own words and numerous pro gay group interviews. This was exactly the same tactics used against the nigerian government during the abacha days.they are slowly poisoning ppl mind to unconsciously accept gay as normal(social engineering).the catechism of the catholic church strongly rejects gayness and not even the pope can change that.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by abouzaid: 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2013
According to the catechism. These sins are so bad that they cry to heaven for vengeance 1 murder gn4v10 (2) sodomy( the appropriate word for homosexuals before the western media gave it fancy names to make it more acceptable) gn17v20-21 (3) oppression of the poor ex2v23 (4) defrauding the poor of their just wages jas5v4. This is the doctrine that the catholic church have preached for all it's over 2000yrs history and will continue to preach. It's proclaimed on the infallibility of the holy spirit through previous popes and therefore cannot changed cos God does not change. It pains me that most africans don't even know what they are facing from the west.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by lefteyeball(m): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
Pipsland78: ...that he does not have the guts to stand for the truth.
How do you tell which is the "truth" and which is not? pls Answer me angry undecided
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by perfectnannyz: 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
Pipsland78: ...that he does not have the guts to stand for the truth.

This is why no one asks for your opinion on anything and you dwell on twitter and open discussion forums like this to express your ignorant nail-pointed opinions. Please read/listen more, talk less and maybe you'll obtain a little wisdom.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by GooseBaba: 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
ARareGem:

There is only 1 volume of the Bible. We do not worship the Bible, we worship God. Fact- we are all born sinners. This means it's in our nature to sin, yet we choose what tempations we fall to. Understand we all hv weaknesses and strengths. So where you fail, I might conquer with ease.

Please, give your life to Christ. He's real, He loves you and He's waiting for you.

Sorry dear... I already gave my life to oxygen and it sustains me...I don't need to believe in a dead mortal or get directions from a book full of superstiton, hatred, social madness, un-happiness and a heavy dose of Bull.Sh.it
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 01, 2013
akah.p:

'Mr my frnd' i didnt premise wat i said based on d topic. Nd i dont xpet u 2agree wit ease. Dis z a revelation made known by Jesus Christ Himself via smeone. According 2d revelation, Christ Embassy rite 4rm its foundation wasnt of God. Jehova Witnesses they r on dia own. They r not preaching wat d bible says. They preach wat they tink suit humans, not Gods Word. D doctrine of Catholics is contrary 2d Word of God. U shud also note dat me being a protestant dont in any way mek me 2justify al protestan churches, many wil b sent 2hell because of wrong leaders nd wrong teachings.....B Wise!

Oh lawd
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by ozoemeka(m): 6:05am On Aug 01, 2013
Best post ever on Nairaland!
kokoye: He means he is not God.

Who are we to judge when we are not God?

Instead of judging, pray for them.

my opinion sha.

What would Jesus do?
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 01, 2013
lefteyeball:
How do you tell which is the "truth" and which is not? pls Answer me angry undecided
Thank you for being civil with your question.

Now, the truth is the Bible. If the Bible calls homosexuality and sodomy sins then that's exactly what they are. It doesnt matter if the changing world now accepts homosexuality, the truth will always stand firm.

And no man of God should compromise on the truth no matter the amount of pressure on him; no preacher should shy away from the truth. A preacher must learn to call a spade a spade and not play politics with words simply because he does not want to offend certain people.

We are all following Jesus and He never tried to be diplomatic, He said it as it is not minding who gets hurt. We must not compromise on the truth.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
oiseworld:

How can you accept the Lord's teaching half way and yet claim to accept him. Failure in one is failure in all.

Male and female did God make man, which one is gay again. Maybe am not getting you well, but only straight people can accept God (Born Again). You can't Live in sin and expect grace to abound.
so you are god and have decided who can accept grace and who cant. it is a pity
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by ozoemeka(m): 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
The sins of Sodom and Gomorroah were?

Did you know that in Lot's time, RAPING a guest, was not a "s@xual thing" but was a way to violate the guest - MAN OR WOMAN The winning soldiers RAPED the loosing soldiers in War. Now, the SINS of Sodom being homosexuality is MANUFACTURED by man. What does the BIBLE say is the sin of Sodom? Turn your bible to the Book of the Prophet Ezekiel (16) who SPECIFIES the sin of Sodom:

49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good

The bible NEVER EVER EVER EVER says the sin of Sodom was s@xual. Go ahead, Read Isaiah, Jeremiah, Amos and Zephaniah they ALSO touch back to The sin of Sodom which was lack of charity, and violating the social order of hospitality. The story of the people of Sodom attempting to rape the visitors to Lot's house SHOWS the SAME vein which they were inhospitable to GUESTS. Jesus talks about the same thing in Matthew 10:14-15.
Jewish writers Philo (d. AD 50) and Josephus (37 – c. 100) [NOT JESUS OR THE BIBLE] were the first to assert unambiguously that homosexuality was among the sins of Sodom. By the end of the 1st century Jews commonly identified the sin of Sodom with homosexual practices.

ssiaccenture: Do we still remember the event that led to the destruction of soddom and gomorah. a generation perish due to lesbianism and gay in the bible. i expect the pope to conderm gay in strong terms so as to protect our generation from destruction
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by slyekle: 8:28am On Aug 02, 2013
the pope is right with is word, God judge people not the pope, have u ask ur self what abt the people dat implement the law
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by mayorhy: 11:50am On Aug 02, 2013
Agbalanze: My question is....... Can someone accept the lord and have good will and at the same time, be a gay? better still, is there anything like (born again)gay christian??
you cannot be a gay, its a sexual orientation, its a deformity! just the way you re attracted to the opposite sex, they are attraCTED the same sex!
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Ezegozie(m): 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
akah.p:
d hard truth, Catholics dont hav a place in d kingdom of God. If u lik beliv, if u lik dont but dats d truth

Are you educated at all?

I ask because your comment does not only portray hatred towards the catholics, but portray a man with a low an unenlightened mentality.

You can still enrol in school atleast to change your s.tupid mentality, its never too late,

And incase you are a christian which i dont believe you are,
tell an educated person to read and explain this chapter of the bible for you
(Roman14:4-13)

see what mushroom church dey cause, if i tell you people to stop going to mushroom churches where hungry looking illiterate pastors are hell bent in confusing, extracting and evaporating the remaining moisture in you people, you will not agree. Now, see the result
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by slyekle: 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
all the saint I have ever hear about are catholic who serve God with all their heart, God review it to us on earth. if catholic can't go to heaven which church member will go? the pastors that make church a business center or the once that ride the best cars and leave in the big mansion, whom to bow to them and their wife. remember the founder of Catholic church is Christ not man, many church pastors put their picture in their church and not Christ own. so who did u worship?
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by BERNIMOORE: 12:12am On Aug 09, 2013
Ezegozie:

Are you educated at all?

I ask because your comment does not only portray hatred towards the catholics, but portray a man with a low an unenlightened mentality.

You can still enrol in school atleast to change your s.tupid mentality, its never too late,

And incase you are a christian which i dont believe you are,
tell an educated person to read and explain this chapter of the bible for you

see what mushroom church dey cause, if i tell you people to stop going to mushroom churches where hungry looking illiterate pastors are hell bent in confusing, extracting and evaporating the remaining moisture in you people, you will not agree. Now, see the result

hello sir,

have you ever read the whole chapter,

it is only talking about food, in which some christian jews were judging the gentiles;new converts who are not jews, this does not apply to homosexuals,it has a boundary read the bolded;

Romans 14:1-23
New King James Version (NKJV)
The Law of Liberty

14 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;[a] and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose[b] and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.[c] 11 For it is written:

“As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”[d]
12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things[e] is acceptable to God and approved by men.

19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. 21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak.[f] 22 Do you have faith?[g] Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.

this is only talking based on food! not applicable in homosexual issue, dont mix it up! ok
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by BERNIMOORE: 12:21am On Aug 09, 2013
it would have been superflous for paul to now judge the homosexual AS NOT GOING TO INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD' if he had earlier denied judging them!

read it pls;

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,[size=18pt] nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites,[/size] 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God".

or this again by the same apostle paul:

1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I am writing to you [size=18pt]that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy,[/size] an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler.[size=18pt] Do not even eat with such people[/size].

can you see that?
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Ezegozie(m): 11:02am On Aug 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

hello sir,

it is only talking about food, in which some christian jews were judging the gentiles;new converts who are not jews, this does not apply to homosexuals,it has a boundary read the bolded;

The Law of Liberty

14 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;[a] and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose[b] and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.[c] 11 For it is written:

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things[e] is acceptable to God and approved by men.

19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. 21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak.[f] 22 Do you have faith?[g] Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.

this is only talking based on food! not applicable in homosexual issue, dont mix it up! ok

i am not mixing anything up. What you fail to understand is the fact that the bible is LITERARY sometimes and is not exac in many cases. Can you remember matt 19:24
"Again i tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"

if you check the LITERAL meaning of the above statement, it simply means that it is impossible for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. Because it is impossible for a camel to pass through the kingdom of God.

But all of us knows that pastor Oyedepo is a very rich man who converts souls for the Lord. Will U say that because he is a rich man, he can not enter d kingdom of God?

So what THE VERSE IS TELLING US in general IS THAT IT IS USUALLY DIFFICULT 4 A RICH MAN TO ENTER HEAVEN bocs he is more likely to be distratced by his wealth simple.

So the previous verse i gave may not be talking about homosexulity but what it is telling us in general is that JUDGEMENT including HOMOSEXUALITY IS LEFT FOR OUR MASTER AND NOT US simple

so dont link the word of God to a specific event. It is mearnt for our general activities
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Ezegozie(m): 11:19am On Aug 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE: it would have been superflous for paul to now judge the homosexual AS NOT GOING TO INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD' if he had earlier denied judging them!

read it pls;

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers,[size=18pt] nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites,[/size] 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God".

or this again by the same apostle paul:

But now I am writing to you [size=18pt]that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy,[/size] an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler.[size=18pt] Do not even eat with such people[/size].

can you see that?

i can not see anything.

The only thing i can see is that MOST NIGERIANS DONT UNDERSTAND THE SCIENCE BEHIND HOMOSEXUALS

some homosexuals are born with aptitudinal tendency of having Se.xual urge to their fellow men instead of women due to abnormal occurence (MUTATION)

So please, i want you to understand that our pope does not condemn HOMOSEXUALS but he condemn HOMOSEXUALITY.

What it simply means is that the pope does not condemn a man who is naturally born with abnormal sexu.al orientation but choses to live a righteous life of never allowing his flesh to ruin him.
But if the man allows his abnormal se.xual orientation to lead him into commiting homosexuality, then he is to be blamed.

I think this should be my last comment in this topic, it seems some people here don't research before commenting.
Thanx and Goodbye
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Ezegozie(m): 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

hello sir,

The Law of Liberty

i am not mixing anything up. What you fail to understand is the fact that the bible is LITERARY sometimes and is not exac in many cases. Can you remember matt 19:24
"Again i tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"

if you check the LITERAL meaning of the above statement, it simply means that it is impossible for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. Because it is impossible for a camel to pass through the kingdom of God.

But all of us knows that pastor Oyedepo is a very rich man who converts souls for the Lord. Will U say that because he is a rich man, he can not enter d kingdom of God?

So what THE VERSE IS TELLING US in general IS THAT IT IS USUALLY DIFFICULT 4 A RICH MAN TO ENTER HEAVEN bocs he is more likely to be distratced by his wealth simple.

So the previous verse i gave may not be talking about homosexulity but what it is telling us in general is that JUDGEMENT including HOMOSEXUALITY IS LEFT FOR OUR MASTER AND NOT US simple

so dont link the word of God to a specific event. It is mearnt for our general activities
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by BERNIMOORE: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2013
immidiately i read your comment i knew that you have little knowledge about the bible,yet you already made up your mind , but fight the bible! how can you truly say during the judgement day that you have done your uthmost best in seaching for the truth in the bible.

im not surprised afterall jesus said that the road to life is 'narrow, and only few pass through it' not majority, which means that we have to force ourself to conform our life with the seemingly tough standards that identifies or attached with being true christian, is a statement of fact that you need to aknowledge!

lets see what you have to say

Ezegozie:

above here is a case whereby you are making the same mistake like you did before in romans 14 above, in which you separate sentence that suits you 'out of the context and form a wrong decision'

bebefore matt 19:24 jesus was discussing with a prince who had much attachment with his wealth, yet he keeps major commandment in the law but jesus told him to do just one more thing, that is to sell his wealth and focus on the following him to preach, the same thing he did to james and the rest who were fishermen but left what they are doing and follow jesus, but this prince see it as a difficulty to detach himself from the wealth and follow jesus, read;
matt 19
21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven

it was "how difficult it would be for the rich to enter the kingdom of heaven" that jesus was butressing that made him to narrate it using the metaphorial usage in verse 24 to drive his point home.

you would have ask why it will be difficulf for a rich man to enter into Gods kingdom

the answer is not far fetched, the answer is that 'controlling riches' and 'serving God' are two different institution competing to take full attention of ONE'S HEART.

hear what jesus says about that

mathew 6:21.... [size=14pt]For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also[/size].

Luke 16:13
"No one can serve two masters" Luke 16:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
[/color]

Godly devotion cannot be done simultaneously with keeping riches without offending people working for those riches, ask any rich man, and you will see that the basic problem they have is keeping their riches, and in the process they are entangled with the stress therein.

note, moderation is what is needed alongside Godly devotion!

so, you noted that below;

no, paul was giving confidence to the new converts who were not jews but were intimidated by jewish christians then to observe part of the law covenant which has ended on the stake, but our faith through christ, see it here in colosians

colosians 2:6-16

6 As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, 7 rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it[b] with thanksgiving.

8[b] Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world,[/b] and not according to Christ. 9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins[c] of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. 18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not[d] seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

the issue above does not include homosexual, the bible was clear on that, except you chose to harden your mind,

the catholics believed that st peter is the first pope,

then see what peter had to say which pope francis have failed woefully to do,

2 Peter 2:6-7

6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction,[size=18pt] making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly[/size]; 7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked

more on living ungodly are homosexuals/homosexuality included in the defination of soddomites, see it listed below and still keep hardening your heart;

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [size=18pt]homosexuals, nor sodomites[/size], 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners [size=18pt]will inherit the kingdom of God"[/size].

Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by BERNIMOORE: 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ezegozie:

i can not see anything.

The only thing i can see is that MOST NIGERIANS DONT UNDERSTAND THE SCIENCE BEHIND HOMOSEXUALS

some homosexuals are born with aptitudinal tendency of having Se.xual urge to their fellow men instead of women due to abnormal occurence (MUTATION)

So please, i want you to understand that our pope does not condemn HOMOSEXUALS but he condemn HOMOSEXUALITY.

where is faith in God? does it mean that with faith in God a homosexual cannot change if he or she recognise that it is wrong? repent and put measures to stop that ungodly act, ask for Gods favor coupled with seasoned prayers?

some were able to break loose from that before, homosexual is not new, in the corinthians church, many were like that before, but they put effort to stop it and were washed clean! sactified and were declared justified;
1 corinthians 6:9

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, [b]nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 [size=18pt]Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.[/size]

What it simply means is that the pope does not condemn a man who is naturally born with abnormal sexu.al orientation but choses to live a righteous life of never allowing his flesh to ruin him.
But if the man allows his abnormal se.xual orientation to lead him into commiting homosexuality, then he is to be blamed.

there is nobody born with such abnormal traits that through faith with works cannot be changed, catholics habor it for a long time outside bible principles,using excuses like the one you gave as reasons, and when it is getting out of hand, they now want pity from outsiders, THEY ARE LOSING THE BATTLE!

I think this should be my last comment in this topic, it seems some people here don't research before commenting.
Thanx and Goodbye

you have tried at least to stay glued to a church you were brought up, and used to, but remenber what jesus says "anyone who love father, mother, or anybody more than me is not worthy'"
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Ezegozie(m): 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
hahahahahahahahah

you know, i decided to quit commenting but the humourous nature of ur comments pulled me back to this thread hahahahahhaa.

From your stories and quotations, it seems that you are a church GOER and not a CHRISTIAN though i shouldn't be judging.

But from all indication it seems you regard catholics as people destined for hell and pentecostals destined for heaven.

Now let me ask you a simple question

IF A MAN IS BORN A HOMOSEXUAL BUT DIDN'T PRACTICE HOMOSEXUALITY BECAUSE HE IS A REAL XTIAN AND EVENTUALLY DIES A RIGHTEOUS MAN WITHOUT HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE DELIVERED OF HIS ABNORMAL S.EXUAL ORIENTATION;

WILL HE ENTER HEAVEN OR HELL?

Pls i am waiting patiently for your answer
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by BERNIMOORE: 7:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ezegozie: hahahahahahahahah

you know, i decided to quit commenting but the humourous nature of ur comments pulled me back to this thread hahahahahhaa.

From your stories and quotations, it seems that you are a church GOER and not a CHRISTIAN though i shouldn't be judging.

But from all indication it seems you regard catholics as people destined for hell and pentecostals destined for heaven.

im not a pentecostal! but a bible student,yes with legal experience,not a practicing lawyer,but will hold on to the truth !

im talking from proofs available and can be shared. in the site below;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases

For example, Cardinal Roger Mahony of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, said:[size=18pt] "We have said repeatedly that ... our understanding of this problem and the way it's dealt with today evolved, ............. rather than pulling people out of ministry directly and fully, they were moved."[/size]

[size=14pt]Some bishops have been heavily criticized for moving offending priests from parish to parish, where they still had personal contact with children, rather than seeking to have them permanently removed from the priesthood. Instead of reporting the incidents to police, many dioceses directed the offending priests to seek psychological treatment and assessment[/size].

but let us see how the holy scripture earlier warned of how to treat such cases;

But now I am writing to you [size=18pt]that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral[/size] or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. [size=18pt]Do not even eat with such people.[/size]

can you see a clear change of Gods written principles on treating an offence! cardinal roger was not acting according to the scripture but outside the scripture, and the result of this; only in the USA;

BishopAccountability puts the figure at more than [size=14pt]$3 billion in 2012. Addressing "a flood of abuse claims" five dioceses (Tucson, Arizona; Spokane, Washington; Portland, Oregon; Davenport, Iowa, and San Diego) got bankruptcy protection. Eight Catholic dioceses have declared bankruptcy due to sex abuse cases from 2004-2011[/size]

note other continents hugely affected too!

can you aknowledge the violation of Gods word by the cardinal?

Now let me ask you a simple question

IF A MAN IS BORN A HOMOSEXUAL BUT DIDN'T PRACTICE HOMOSEXUALITY BECAUSE HE IS A REAL XTIAN AND EVENTUALLY DIES A RIGHTEOUS MAN WITHOUT HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE DELIVERED OF HIS ABNORMAL S.EXUAL ORIENTATION;

[size=14pt]i repeat again, no man is born a homosexual! they are influenced from the youth, and that is the crime of 'rotating guilty priests' has caused, most of the children abused were affected psycologically by the priests, and the youths sexual inclination was tampered with, had it been that their parents were aware of the dangers posed by priests who were supposed to be respected but turned out to be and agent perpetrating and spreading criminal tendencies that encapsulate the whole catholic like a PLAGUE and that is why this is rampant among the catholics, that is what i was pointing at, that they would have dealt with it the way scripture directed, and hand them over to the police or the authority, thereby the catholic church would have been exonerated![/size]

WILL HE ENTER HEAVEN OR HELL?

Pls i am waiting patiently for your answer

i dont believe in hell fire, or purgatory! they are not bible teachings, hell means sheol/hades/grave but purgatory never exist even as a word in the bible!

so dont turn this to protestant/pentecostal vs catholic

Gods standard were compromised as proven above true or false?
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
^^

Perfectly stated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Pastor Assassinated By Gunmen In Benin City (photos) / Apostle S.S. Aderibigbe 2019 Prophecies: '1 Governor, 4 Senators Will Die’ / Help! Where Can I Download Igbo Catholic Hymns From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.