Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? (22488 Views)

Is Pope Francis Really A Catholic? / Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? / Did Pope Benedict Convert To Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by temihrt: 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
Thank u @OP... I knw some pple will refuse to bliv n they are not to be blame, even right from the time of Jesus, there some among his followers that refuse to listen to him,so if they still not justify...let he without sin be the first to cast the stone
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by fexlist(m): 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
Only God knows who is serving Him
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by ogheneRonaldo: 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
this thread is too long jo
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by supaeagles(m): 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
Yungwizzzy: call a spade a spade Pope. all homosexuals are going to hell!!
according to religious teachings so are other sinners wink
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
[b]All I know is that the Pope made the right assertions. Even Jesus did not crucify Mary Magadala when they brought her for stoning.... Inasmuch as she was ready to repent and not pestilent in sin. Who is the Pope then to judge? The Pope is calling them back to repentance without condemning them outrightly because he knows that comdemning them may mean people going after them to kill them all over the world! Those sttupid reporters that asked him those questions knew exactly what they were doing. The Pope in his great wisdom, answered them correctly like a learned person. He did exactly what a philosopher will do; "SIT ON THE FENCE"! Thats all I got from this. I have one question by the way; "WHY IS IT THAT CATHOLIC BASHING THREADS (EXCLUDING THIS ONE) ALWAYS MAKES NAIRALAND FRONTPAGE? WHY IS IT THAT HOMILIES BY THE POPE, BISHOPS OR PRIESTS DONT MAKE FRONT PAGE? Rather you see "Oyedepo this, Oyedepo that; Adeboye this, Adeboye That; Oyakhilome this, Oyakhilome that! Nawa oo. ARE WE BEING MARGINALISED? LONG LIVE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH. THE ONLY CHURCH FOUNDED BY JESUS CHRIST! Glory to Jesus.....[/b]

4 Likes

Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by thorpido(m): 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
He's playing safe,sitting on the fence probably cos he doesn't have the guts to say what is wrong is wrong.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by xynerise: 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
sureboykris: soon gay marriage will become acceptable in d catholic church. GOD forbid
sometimes calling someone stewpid is not an insult
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Patuwa: 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ehnnn Ehnnnn, ok, they want the pope to judge and condemn them abi? So, that latter, they will accuse the pope of judging others. Well, being gay is a sin and only God has the right to judge and punish them.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by trolling(m): 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pedophilia, Homosexuality, Mafioso, Masonry, Punography, Money Laundery,, Jesuit, Occultism, Pagan worship are perpetuated by the Vatican, the Pope also had a hand in assassination of J F Kennedy... Mystery Babylon mother of all Harlots(Protestants)
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by jude33084(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
sexymoma: It simply means he might also be a gay.(probably)
You can not be eating yam and be condemning pounded yam.

hey! this is not fair sad
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Fadelex(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
even almighty God appointed a judge(Samson) to judge his people.. if we are now saying who am I to judge, then it's better to resign. being a leader alone makes u a judge over others... the moment u are taking decisions for and on behalf of others means you are judging them
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by slap1(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
He means he does not condemn homosexuality, because you judge first, before you condemn.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by IlCapitano(m): 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
He's simply saying he's not qualified to make a judgement call. Live and let live. Homosexuality's not right neither is violence against homosexuals. Hate the sin not the sinner. We are all guilty one way or the other. No one is absolutely perfect. If we were all hunted down for our sins humanity would be on the brink of extinction. He's not pro- homosexuality.....

3 Likes

Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by slap1(m): 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
trolling: Pedophilia, Homosexuality, Mafioso, Masonry, Punography, Money Laundery,, Jesuit, Occultism, Pagan worship are perpetuated by the Vatican, the Pope also had a hand in assassination of J F Kennedy... Mystery Babylon mother of all Harlots(Protestants)
You are really living up to your username, aren't you?
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by IYANGBALI: 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2013
kokoye: He means he is not God.

Who are we to judge when we are not God?

Instead of judging, pray for them.

my opinion sha.

What would Jesus do?
after me you the only sane person on board here,others are just haters
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by IYANGBALI: 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
Il Capitano: He's simply saying he's not qualified to make a judgement call. Live and let live. Homosexuality's not right neither is violence against homosexuals. Hate the sin not the sinner. We are all guilty one way or the other. No one is absolutely perfect. If we were all hunted down for our sins humanity would be on the brink of extinction. He's not pro- homosexuality.....
God bless you
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by hardigsbaba(m): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pipsland78: ...that he does not have the guts to stand for the truth.

are you saying Jesus too didn't have the guts to stand for truth too as seen in d case of the prostitute that was supposed to be stoned in the bible.? Mind you, He never said Homosexuality is a good thing. Pple like you are just dumbass that just pass through school and would not allow the school pass through them........simple text u can't read and comprehend appropriately. Ewu
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by IYANGBALI: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
xynerise:
sometimes calling someone stewpid is not an insult
meaning that guy is stooooooooopid

1 Like

Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by xynerise: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
Some people dont have brains to think and understand simple statement. That is why we have more than 100,000 denomination of churches in the world(or even in Nigeria alone)
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by AZeD1(m): 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
sexymoma: It simply means he might also be a gay.(probably)
You can not be eating yam and be condemning pounded yam.
I eat pounded yam but can't eat cooked yam.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Akshow: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
what the pope is saying in short is: hate the sin not the sinner cos face it we are all sinners and no sin is bigger than the other.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
THE TRUTH IS CATHOLICS HERE DONT WANT TO SAY DE TUTH,NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT JUDGEMENT HERE WAT IS CHRISTIANITY WEN WE CANNOT CODEMN LESBIANISM GAY ADULTERY ETC.HIS MESSAGE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FOR GAY PEOPLE DAT WANT TO REPENT

1 Like

Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by IlCapitano(m): 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
It's no wonder Christians are called sheep-they aren't the smartest animals.
You read your Bibles and you don't even take time out to ponder on the words in your holy book. It wouldn't hurt to think outside the dogmatic box.

1 Like

Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by Donkaro: 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
if only God will arise.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by hensben(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
Yungwizzzy: call a spade a spade Pope. all homosexuals are going to hell!!
but what if dey repent,I no what ur mind is reading but the pope no y he can't judge rather pray 4 repentance...asap
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by monex(m): 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
first people are not born gay. it is your environment/experiences that made you gay.
second: even when a hitherto gay person gives his/her life to Christ, the homo-sexual tendencies do not automatically disappear. it is a life-long war against it. you will pray against it and all that. You will fight it and will never lobby for it. accepting urself as one with gay tendencies and not a gay person and realising that you need prayer and discipline.

so it is possible to be a born-again xtian and have gay tendencies. the sin is in giving in to those tendencies. the Pope condemned the sin and the lobbying but did not condemn the tendency.

even for heterosexuals, we fight a life-long war against our tendency to lust. even marriage (heterosexual - homosexual union is not marriage) requires as much discipline as celibacy.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by jmoore(m): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
Is telling a r@pist that r@pe is a sin,judging?
Is telling a murderer that murder is a sin, judging?
If you don't say that homosexuality is a sin then you might as well shutup when someone r@pes your daughter or kills your mother.

Quit quoting the bible out of context.

2 Likes

Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by akandejames: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
shumax:
Yes i am a catholic and proud of it, I am also praying that the day when a pro gay pope will be elected will never come; but even at that Gay people have never been stoped from recieving the sacraments if they lead chaste lives, the catholic church has always said having homosexual tendencies is not a sin, it is a temptation and we all face temptation, but the sin is in given in to the homosexual act. Dominus vosbiscum

Do you know this is the same sin some generations were completely destroyed for ...sodom and Gomorrah to be precise. if the number one Christian in the world, a supposed representative of God on earth makes this kinda statement, Mr shummax we don't need epistles to understand a single phrase from the Pope. in one word, wait for God's retribution if u don't desist from this sacrilege

1 Like

Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by eameh30: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
mediachirps: he knows he is a gay too so, he shouldn't judge. he's scared of words, cause those words will be indirectly for him too. a clergy man who can't stand for the words of God he preaches. don't he's Bible has that portion that says " nor homosexual will inherit the kingdom of God " that's why they hardly preach about heaven and hell fire in Catholics.
I never wanted to comment on this but ignorant people like you are forcing me. How do U know they don't preach heaven and hell? They preach everything in the bible, it is only the catholic church that preach about every part of the bible. They finishes the whole bible in every three years so how comes the finished the bible without talking about heaven and hell? Or are they not in the bible? Your hatred for Catholicism has blinded U knowing fully that it is the origin of christianity. The 1st pope is Peter the disciple of Jesus. I pitied all U coz U are like the lost son, I know one day, we'll welcome all U back... Christ loves U. Never discriminate just preach the gospel and be save
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by IlCapitano(m): 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
Donkaro: if only God will arise.
and do what? Smite them abi? I pray He'll arise and also smite you for your concealed sins. Your saintly house should be the first port of call.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by monex(m): 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
jmoore: Is telling a rapist that rape is a sin,judging?
Is telling a murderer that murder is a sin, judging?
If you don't say that homosexuality is a sin then you might as well shutup when someone rapes your daughter or kills your mother.

the Pope and the church teaches that homosexuality is a sin.

do u persecute someone for having the tendency to rape or commit adultery/fornication. No. You persecute him for giving in to his tendency to fornicate/lust/rape.
Re: What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
princesammmy: Just imagin[color=#990000][/color]

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Stop quoting bible here. The pope know it more than you do. The catholic compiled the book so I wonder how you can know more than the owner of the book. The whole buy-bull you reading is the outcome of council debate.

Also, how is two grown men choice of been s.exually intimated your own problem? Why judging them?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? / Pastor Sam Adeyemi And Wife Share Selfie At 'EMERGE' Hosted By Pastor Adefarasin / Atheists Have A Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.