Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,512 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:05 PM

Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname (3987 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Being A Strong Woman Isnt Remarkable, It's Normal - Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname by kzokul(m): 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
I never said they should be obama or any other person I simply said they can be the obamas of this world. They can also be th bill gates, buffet, jayz etc in their own fields meaning reaching the peak of their careers.

So they should bear their father's name while they have it in their consciousness that you are their mum just because you have refused to bear your husband's name and be one family. So in reality your not their mother and in their conscious state your their mother just because you have refused to shield your pride and answer your husband's name.
Look, there is a limit to the fight for struggle. In war you learn when to retreat and not cross your boundaries so that you don't be crushed and annihilated totally. This is what africans don't get. How to retreat, that is why they are always loosers. The west started this feminism thing but they know their limit, but my beautifull african women are taking this too far.
We all know how a feminist beyonce is, she even sang a song 'who run the world? Girls' , but her baby girl's name is ivy-blue carter. Her name too. So they know their limits. Anyway my african women have left the war for equality and are now fighting for superiority and like I earlier said this will be their greatest undoing. In this world and in the next to come women can never win war against men. It is nature but the men are ready for equality and not this superiorirty thingy.
deols: ^^you are talking as if what I do is your problem.

What is it about when my children become like Obama? No. my children will become individuals and wont be trained to be like any body and yes, they would bear their father's name while they have it in their consciousness at every moment that I am their mother.

If that makes me a feminist, deal with it.

Re: Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname by deols(f): 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
You are so incoherent it would be soo dumb to continue to argue with you.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname by bukatyne(f): 4:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
kzokul: I never said they should be obama or any other person I simply said they can be the obamas of this world. They can also be th bill gates, buffet, jayz etc in their own fields meaning reaching the peak of their careers.

So they should bear their father's name while they have it in their consciousness that you are their mum just because you have refused to bear your husband's name and be one family. So in reality your not their mother and in their conscious state your their mother just because you have refused to shield your pride and answer your husband's name.
Look, there is a limit to the fight for struggle. In war you learn when to retreat and not cross your boundaries so that you don't be crushed and annihilated totally. This is what africans don't get. How to retreat, that is why they are always loosers. The west started this feminism thing but they know their limit, but my beautifull african women are taking this too far.
We all know how a feminist beyonce is, she even sang a song 'who run the world? Girls' , but her baby girl's name is ivy-blue carter. Her name too. So they know their limits. Anyway my african women have left the war for equality and are now fighting for superiority and like I earlier said this will be their greatest undoing. In this world and in the next to come women can never win war against men. It is nature but the men are ready for equality and not this superiorirty thingy.

I feel Oprah is more feminist than Bey.

Anyways, her hubby adopted her surname too so he's officially Sean Kwonles-Carter

What do you mean by limits? Who imposed those limits?
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname by bukatyne(f): 4:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
deols: You are so incoherent it would be soo dumb to continue to argue with you.

LOl! take it slow...

Happy Eid celebrations in advance
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname by deols(f): 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
bukatyne:

LOl! take it slow...

Happy Eid celebrations in advance

Abi o. Make i slow down.

It would be interesting to see me change my name sef.. Let's see, how much can it be worth
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname by RoyalRoy(m): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
deols:

Abi o. Make i slow down.

It would be interesting to see me change my name sef.. Let's see, how much can it be worth

Are you the lady in question the Op is actually talking about??

Really, I want to say, that if every woman holds ur opinion & keep their father's name like you want to do, then in case of an unfortunate incidence with your husband or in laws, then maybe they can share his property with only his kids & you Mrs-my-father's-name will lose out in the long run!

You forget, that in bearing different name with ur husband, there is a tendency that u will be regarded as someone who is not so proud of his name!!! Am even so sure no man....who has his ballz in place will accept what u are proposing!!

Are u a celebrity? Is ur father's name opening doors? Do you earn money from ur dad's name? If those answers are YES, then maybe u have a point, otherwise u are really not making sense!!!!
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname by deols(f): 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2013
Royal Roy:

Are you the lady in question the Op is actually talking about??

Really, I want to say, that if every woman holds ur opinion & keep their father's name like you want to do, then in case of an unfortunate incidence with your husband or in laws, then maybe they can share his property with only his kids & you Mrs-my-father's-name will lose out in the long run!

You forget, that in bearing different name with ur husband, there is a tendency that u will be regarded as someone who is not so proud of his name!!! Am even so sure no man....who has his ballz in place will accept what u are proposing!!

Are u a celebrity? Is ur father's name opening doors? Do you earn money from ur dad's name? If those answers are YES, then maybe u have a point, otherwise u are really not making sense!!!!

I remember that at a time when we discussed this issue, someone said it was a poverty mentality and you have just proven it.

So if my father's name is opening doors, I should keep it. But if not, I shouldn't? Only a rich man's daughter is excused? Kai! Ayam RICH!

And you are talking inheritance? So every
Woman is getting married so they can have his wealth when he dies? Perhaps you dont know that a few like me are bent on making OUR own money. It wont make us bad wives however. We would only end up marrying people like us who have respect for our individuality and wont cringe nor feel less of being men merely because we are too proud of our heritage to let it go.

Women married into my family are allowed to keep their maiden names as well. We dont feel perturbed by it. Some others from the extended are only too happy to change their names and no one disturbs them either.

If this is still hard for you to understand, it doesnt matter. It wont affect/involve you anyway.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname by RoyalRoy(m): 9:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
^^^^^^^

Of course to each his/her own!!!
A rich man's daughter is not excused at all. I only want to reason with you & see what conditions could make u wanna keep ur father's name!!!

And u think its fun making "our" money with ur husband, & some village peeps who didn't know much of how "our" property came about, will tell you "you were never married to their son" even if they eat Isi-Ewu & drank Vodka on ur wedding day!!!

If it works for u, enjoy it.........but when it backfires, be brave enough to holla when u "need advice ".
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname by kzokul(m): 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
Royal Roy: ^^^^^^^

A rich man's daughter is not excused at all. I only want to reason with you & see what conditions could make u wanna keep ur father's name!!!

And u think its fun making "our" money with ur husband, & some village peeps who didn't know much of how "our" property came about, will tell you "you were never married to their son" even if they eat Isi-Ewu & drank Vodka on ur wedding day!!!

If it works for u, enjoy it.........but when it backfires, be brave enough to holla when u "need advice ".

hahahahahaha!
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname by deols(f): 9:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
Royal Roy: ^^^^^^^

And u think its fun making "our" money with ur husband, & some village peeps who didn't know much of how[b] "our" property came about, will tell you "you were never married to their son" even if they eat Isi-Ewu & drank Vodka on ur wedding day!!![/b]

Maybe that happens around you. It doesnt where I am. I dont know how hard it is to realise that not everyone has that village mentality or live the village lifestyle.

I cant even marry into an illiterate household.

A family with a few graduates is still illiterate.
Re: Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname by Nobody: 6:02am On Aug 09, 2013
chaircover nails it pretty well and has a very loving understanding of what marriage encapsulates. An ideal and properly brougbt up yoruba lady.
Op have a discussion with her and tell her your mind . It's as simple as that

Each to his own, but since the Op minds if the woman in question loves him it shouldn't be an issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As Unmarried. / The Exodus Of The Nigerian Middle Class Has Started. / Should A Woman Reject Her Husband In Bed To Show Her Greif?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.