Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto (15527 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / How Does One Control A Car When Front Tyre Blows Out On High Speed? / My Steering Wheel Vibrates At High Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto by 5sigma(m): 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
Now that we have said goodbye to too much talk,Bro Inspired are you ready for my order?
Re: Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto by InvertedHammer: 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
lomomike: The higher number of gears and the broader gear ratio spread (9.15 for gears one to nine) help to increase smoothness but more importantly boost efficiency. This is achieved primarily through reduced revs. For example, in the E350 BlueTEC, whose 3.0-liter turbodiesel develops 248 horsepower, cruising at 75 mph in ninth gear sees the engine ticking over at just 1,350 rpm.
The car is also good for 0-62 mph acceleration in just 6.6 seconds and fuel economy of 36.75 mpg in the city cycle, up from 34 mpg with the previous 7G-TRONIC seven-speed transmission. The MPG rating+ the engine rev's isn't bad for a 3.0 litre turbodiesel with RWD or AWD.

This is all nonsense!

I trust the manual gears in Peugeot 404 and 504 than all these technical mumbo jumbo.

God forbid Nigeria mechanics tackle this one...the owner will know the difference between G-TRONIC and Ladipo-TRONIC.
Will the car drive me from point A to point B? Will it take basic transmission fluid? Can the transmission be repaired instead of replaced? If answers to all these questions are YES, then I am in.

Otherwise Mercedes should take this crap and shove it...It will not be fair to hear about recalls on these rip-off stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto by Reference(m): 9:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
hu$tler:

Get your facts right;

Built by the famed transmission maker ZF, the newest transmission in the Mercedes lineup is called the 9G-Tronic, and it represents the first 9-speed auto available on the mass market. Although the 9-speed 2014 Jeep Cherokee and Range Rover Evoque are not far behind. Though the 9G-Tronic unit leaves the E350 Bluetec’s 0-60 time untouched at 6.6 seconds.

http://www.tflcar.com/2013/07/news-mercedes-benz-to-introduce-9-speed-automatic-on-2014-e-class-models/

Now come down to details;

A 2013 lexus GS350 is AWD & RWD and can run 0 to 62mph is 5.6sec and it is in the same category as the merc e-class.

The 3977-pound all-wheel-drive GS350 hustled to 60 mph in a respectable 5.6 seconds; the 133-pound-lighter, rear-drive GS350 F Sport shaved a 10th from that figure. The F Sport reached the quarter-mile mark in 14.1 seconds at 102 mph, besting the all-wheel-driver by 0.2 second and 3 mph.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-lexus-gs350-awd-gs350-f-sport-test-review

The primary reason for this development is efficiency period and not speed. The aim is to shift gears while keeping the rev bar as low as possible. Which means it will get to 60mph a second and a frac behind your super cars but save you a cup of diesel by the time you get home. If you want speed Merc has gullwings to take you on.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto by Reference(m): 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
InvertedHammer:

This is all nonsense!

I trust the manual gears in Peugeot 404 and 504 than all these technical mumbo jumbo.

God forbid Nigeria mechanics tackle this one...the owner will know the difference between G-TRONIC and Ladipo-TRONIC.
Will the car drive me from point A to point B? Will it take basic transmission fluid? Can the transmission be repaired instead of replaced? If answers to all these questions are YES, then I am in.

Otherwise Mercedes should take this crap and shove it...It will not be fair to hear about recalls on these rip-off stuffs.

Well MB isn't building cars primarily for the oil sheikhs of Nigeria but the poor peasants of Europe who pay upwards of N 250 per litre equiv. It matters to them and they'd learn the new gearbox cos their bank balance depends on it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto by 190: 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
can it be fixed to the 190 embarassed embarassed
Re: Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 31, 2013
Mean say gearbox go come cost 10 million naira. Know someone who changed his G wagon gearbox for 1.5m
Re: Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto by pafestula(m): 9:49am On Jul 31, 2013
Hmmm!!! so far so good, MB has done it again, am sure it is gonna take Japanese toy(ota) and the advanced toy called Honda, also the last toy standing called Nissan 5-7 years to emulate this number one in the world technology, Benz rules then, now and forever.... haters please free me.
Re: Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
Bossforeva: Will that make it the fastest car on earth? Or most efficient?

At least on Nigerian roads, merscedes is the fastest car. And so many beautiful designs and specs. From SEL to E, C, A and S classes.

Am falling in love with Merc. I hope the car gets affordable like toyota.
Re: Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
kokoye: Show a picture of the car itself and witness an increase in the traffic on this thread.

You're welcome.

Okay.

Re: Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto by Blazejerrison(m): 4:05pm On Dec 26, 2022
Dealers and connected individuals
I need serious hustlers who can help market my cars
I pay minimum commission of 50k for each car sold.
Serious enquirers only
Cars are located in Lagos and Warri
All Our cars are always very affordable

CALL/WHATSAPP +2349020561787
I will also create a group where I upload available cars.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It / What's Actually Wrong With V6 Engines? / Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.