Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! (22042 Views)

Buhari To Ban Cattle From Cities And Villages / Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Picture Of The Northern Cities and street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 30, 2013
These are multi billion naira development projects comprising three planned cities (Kwankwasiyya, Amana and Bandirawo) and two transport terminals (North/South), which were initiated by the government of Kano state under the leadership of the Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso. The five mega projects have come into being as a result of the administration’s resolve to transform Kano into a mega city with world class facilities, thereby transforming it into one of the most economically developed states in Nigeria.

The state government has awarded contracts for the development of high quality infrastructure in each of the five project sites. Initially, the government’s plan for the cities was to allocate land to investors who will build their homes. However, that plan was reversed with the decision to build the homes and then sell them to interested parties. The terminals on the other hand, will be developed through Public Private Partnerships (PPP). It is hoped that by the year 2015, all the five projects will be fully operational.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=105702635#post105702635

Kwankwasiyya City render:

1 Share

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 30, 2013
Model homes at the new Kwankwasiyya City:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 30, 2013
Construction update as of July 2013

1 Share

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 30, 2013
This Kano mega city project has the potential to rival Abuja as the place to be in Northern Nigeria.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 30, 2013
Why do they keep building so Boko Haram would keep on bombing. Doesn't make any logical sense.

My advise spend development cash in cities like Enugu, Calabar and Abeokuta.

9 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 30, 2013
teeo: Why do they keep building so Boko Haram would keep on bombing. Doesn't make any logical sense.

I believe the jobs that will be created in the new cities may limit the growth of Islamic terrorism.
BTW, Enugu is creating a new "Lifestyle City" on over 1000 hectares of land.

5 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by nwabobo: 8:02am On Jul 30, 2013
I know some stubborn Igbos will be among the investors.

15 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 30, 2013
CFCfan:

I believe the jobs that will be created in the new cities may limit the growth of Islamic terrorism.

Emphasis on MAY, but we are so sure about the funds creating employment in other places and the risk of losing such investments is low in the South and East.
Why force change into the hands of people who literally say they don't want it.

2 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by asha80(m): 8:11am On Jul 30, 2013
CFCfan:

nice development in kano....the enugu own has it started?

2 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 30, 2013
teeo:

Emphasis on MAY, but we are so sure about the funds creating employment in other places and the risk of losing such investments is low in the South and East.

You have a point there. I still believe that the extremists in the North can be tamed/reformed just like the Muslims in Qatar or the UAE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 30, 2013
asha 80: nice development in kano....the enugu own has it started?

I don't know. I'm guessing the architects are putting finishing touches to the masterplan.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by boron10(m): 8:19am On Jul 30, 2013
teeo: Why do they keep building so Boko Haram would keep on bombing. Doesn't make any logical sense.

Have you not heard of the word 'insurance'?

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Osyxcel(m): 8:22am On Jul 30, 2013
Good development....

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 30, 2013
boron10:
Have you not heard of the word 'insurance'?

Now can't help but laugh out loud. Insurance to cover the development of a city in a violence prone area. I am waiting for the company that would carry that burden.

4 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by omenka(m): 8:34am On Jul 30, 2013
nwabobo: I know some stubborn Igbos will be among the investors.

You sound like some1 who farts through his mouth because I can still smell the stench of what you just typed thousands of kilometres away! What is wrong with an igbo investing in the project? Pple like you are the reason why Nigeria keeps regressing while other nations make giant strides economically and politically.

7 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by talktimi(m): 9:12am On Jul 30, 2013

You actually want a state governor to spend money meant for his state to develop other states ? You're very funny indeed, pls read & comprehend before posting next time.

14 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 30, 2013
dan boro uba shege dat house look flenty flenty good
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by MrAboki: 9:31am On Jul 30, 2013
All this house for Aboki?!

No where to park my camel... angry
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by sexymoma(f): 9:31am On Jul 30, 2013
Them go build finish Boko Haram go come destroy am, Nigerians why do we like wasting our resources.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 30, 2013
talktimi: You actually want a state governor to spend money meant for his state to develop other states ? You're very funny indeed, pls read & comprehend before posting next time.

Mr Talkatif read the below

The state government has awarded contracts for the development of high quality infrastructure in each of the five project sites. Initially, the government’s plan for the cities was to allocate land to investors who will build their homes. However, that plan was reversed with the decision to build the homes and then sell them to interested parties. The terminals on the other hand, will be developed through Public
[b]Private[/b]Partnerships (PPP). It is hoped that by the year 2015, all the five projects will be fully operational.

I don't have a business with the state government but i pity investors who want to have HBP over bomb blasts.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by scientology(m): 9:33am On Jul 30, 2013
kano MEGA WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! city bomb

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by DeSheikh(m): 9:35am On Jul 30, 2013
i am truly impressed. when it started, i was among the doubting thomases. but with the level of work done so far (plus the fly-overs at gidan murtala), i am now a believer. gaba dai gaba dai, dan musa!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by caesaraba(m): 9:36am On Jul 30, 2013
teeo:

I don't get how you missed the part which said the projects ".......were initiated by the government of Kano state under the leadership of the Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso." it's their state's money and they can use it for development as they so damn please. Why don't the governments of those states you mentioned embark on such similar projects. And frankly they'd have the blessings of well-meaning Nigerians.
That you feel the people of Kano state do not deserve such a project is beyond me.

Oya, Seun don drop another food. Make una start insult unaselves.

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by jmoore(m): 9:36am On Jul 30, 2013
nwabobo: I know some stubborn Igbos will be among the investors.
It is not your money. This is Nigeria, we are free to invest anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Saraben(f): 9:37am On Jul 30, 2013
kwankwasiya Amana,,d guy is trying hs best to mak sure he reforms kano b4 stepping down,dats great..d red nd white peeps

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by bjjbam: 9:37am On Jul 30, 2013
Good projects but my concern is, how many average Nigerians can afford those houses?
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Fazhy: 9:38am On Jul 30, 2013
Great. Hope it will be followed to the latter.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by horlabiyi(m): 9:43am On Jul 30, 2013
I hope BH will stop bombing
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by fuckurfeelings: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2013
welcome development. smiley
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by IAMBREEZY: 9:45am On Jul 30, 2013
Good kanó state is improving...
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by ibrokola(m): 9:45am On Jul 30, 2013
sexymoma: Them go build finish Boko Haram go come destroy am, Nigerians why do we like wasting our resources.

See beef Ooo. Bad belle

3 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by caesaraba(m): 9:46am On Jul 30, 2013
ibrokola:

See beef Ooo. Bad belle

Walahi!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maku Confirms Quitting Jonathan’s Cabinet October 20 / Of What Benefit Is Signing Of The 2016 Budget To The Common Man On The Street? / Youths Protest Rumoured Plan By Saraki, Others To Rejoin PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.