Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! (22045 Views)

Buhari To Ban Cattle From Cities And Villages / Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Picture Of The Northern Cities and street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Cleanman(m): 9:46am On Jul 30, 2013
Lagos mega city,Atlantic city,Bana iceland,thousands of super housing estates,Now kano mega city......wetin our Ibo brodas dey do?except to keep ranting on Nl that they also have stake in lagos ignoring their impoverish ancestral lands......sure ibo go invest in the kano mega city and once aboki flares up,they chase their arse out as usual..hehehehe.

2 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Decryptor(m): 9:47am On Jul 30, 2013
nwabobo: I know some stubborn Igbos will be among the investors.
Honestly speaking, the fear of investing in these kind of places has been heightened by what lagos state is doing now to the Ibos. I'm seriously thinking of selling my landed property here in Abuja and investing at home

3 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by londoner: 9:48am On Jul 30, 2013
Good development, but how is it a mega city. Is it more than just housing?
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by oluemmakay(m): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2013
jmoore:
It is not your money. This is Nigeria, we are free to invest anywhere.
Later..... You guys will start shouting Boko haram are killing the Igbos in the North. I hope u guys will learn from past experience.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by londoner: 9:53am On Jul 30, 2013
jmoore:
It is not your money. This is Nigeria, we are free to invest anywhere.

I think Igbos should begin to invest in Igbo land more than they do outside.

What have we gained from being the only major tribe that believes in one Nigeria enough to follow it with money.

Sadly, it seems that Nigeria is not yet at the stage of national unity to justify the one Nigeria belief.

It pains me, because I see myself as Nigerian, but maybe I should start seeing myself as Igbo first and prioritise my own region. Not because I want to, but because not doing so may well burn me in future.

3 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by IGBOSON1: 10:01am On Jul 30, 2013
nwabobo: I know some stubborn Igbos will be among the investors.

^^^I tire my brother! They should halt any future investment plans in the core north and south west; i've noticed these places have an unacceptable level of disguised/hidden/officially-sanctioned xenophobia......unless of course you're white, Lebanese/Arab, or Indian!

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by jmoore(m): 10:05am On Jul 30, 2013
londoner:

What have we gained from being the only major tribe that believes in one Nigeria enough to follow it with money.

Sadly, it seems that Nigeria is not yet at the stage of national unity to justify the one Nigeria belief.

It pains me, because I see myself as Nigerian, but maybe I should start seeing myself as Igbo first and prioritise my own region.
Igboland, Yorubaland and Hausaland are not countries.

Why didn't Mike Adenuga seek for a regional license for Glo instead of national license,huh?

Why is Dangote building cement factories outside the north, huh?
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 30, 2013
caesaraba:

I don't get how you missed the part which said the projects ".......were initiated by the government of Kano state under the leadership of the Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso." it's their state's money and they can use it for development as they so damn please. Why don't the governments of those states you mentioned embark on such similar projects. And frankly they'd have the blessings of well-meaning Nigerians.
That you feel the people of Kano state do not deserve such a project is beyond me.

Oya, Seun don drop another food. Make una start insult unaselves.
the people of kano and every other place in naija deserve peace, tranquility and development. But dont use bad belle and claim that enugu is not developing exponentially oo. grin Go there and see for yourself. The fact that Mr. Chime is not interested in publicity doesnt give you an excuse to be ignorant of his works, or any other good works happening in naija now for that matter. My broda, we no dey fight o.
Naija is moving forward. Thank God.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 30, 2013
Cleanman: Lagos mega city,Atlantic city,Bana iceland,thousands of super housing estates,Now kano mega city......wetin our Ibo brodas dey do?except to keep ranting on Nl that they also have stake in lagos ignoring their impoverish ancestral lands......sure ibo go invest in the kano mega city and once aboki flares up,they chase their arse out as usual..hehehehe.
bad belle, see my post above.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 30, 2013
Decryptor: Honestly speaking, the fear of investing in these kind of places has been heightened by what lagos state is doing now to the Ibos. I'm seriously thinking of selling my landed property here in Abuja and investing at home
dont be intimidated, but come and invest at home too. Go to enugu, imo,...and maybe abia. grin

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 30, 2013
That's a good move by a state governor and its happening at a time when some other states are still besieged by some politicians who are overwhelmed and confused or economical about bringing meaningful development to their various localities. This shows he's ready to take a giant stride in the part of progress. The report states that its a PPP work which is good, but what income levels are they (the planners and politicians)targetting; The low medium or high income earners? What measures are they (the stakeholders) taking to ensure this project isn't going to end up as an abandoned project, or the finished projects won't be hijacked by the rich and influential people leaving the real intended people stranded and cheated? How do they intend to regulate the price of of ownership so that it wouldn't be beyond the reach of the average as the case is trending now in Abuja?
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 30, 2013
londoner:

It pains me, because I see myself as Nigerian, but maybe I should start seeing myself as Igbo first and prioritise my own region. Not because I want to, but because not doing so may well burn me in future.
dont worry sir. Take heart, trust God. One nigeria that seems to be impossible is closer than most people realize. Fore sight is a thing the igbo tribe is known for sometimes(not intending offence to other tribes, but we learn from each other). Nigeria is a very special nation, God is planning something big for it. I know it you see. Mark my words Sir, and work and watch towards the future, as for me, the future is already mine. Yes, it'll work out for my good.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 30, 2013
londoner:

dont worry sir. Take heart, trust God. One nigeria that seems to be impossible is closer than most people realize. Fore sight is a thing the igbo tribe is known for sometimes(not intending offence to other tribes, but we learn from each other). Nigeria is a very special nation, God is planning something big for it. I know it you see. Mark my words Sir, and work and watch towards the future, as for me, the future is already mine. Yes, it'll work out for my good.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by abokine: 10:22am On Jul 30, 2013
teeo: Why do they keep building so Boko Haram would keep on bombing. Doesn't make any logical sense.

My advise spend development cash in cities like Enugu, Calabar and Abeokuta.
And who told you the development is been financed by the federal govt? This is to show that irrespective of the distructions planned by thr so-called BK and terrorism Kano state still stands as the best state interms of budget displine and fiscal responsibilty and these images are evidence for that. Kodus Kwankwaso bravo. Insecurity is never an excuse for poor performance.

2 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by SwTonia(f): 10:23am On Jul 30, 2013
I lyk wat i see outside sabon gari, he is really doing nice job.bt pls sumtin shld b done 2 d roads in sabon gari
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by ignis: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2013
CFCfan: This Kano mega city project has the potential to rival Abuja as the place to be in Northern Nigeria.
LOL, mega city project without security and with incessant bombing and killings is absolute rubbish because the fundamental thing is security of human life and properties. So tell me, how can kano be a place to be with all this bombings?
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by Jalal(m): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2013
Kwankwaso is working....
Kano is developing...
Haterz are hating...

While your state governors are busy looting.....

5 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by biafranqueen: 10:28am On Jul 30, 2013
Decryptor: Honestly speaking, the fear of investing in these kind of places has been heightened by what lagos state is doing now to the Ibos. I'm seriously thinking of selling my landed property here in Abuja and investing at home
wink cheesy kiss kiss kiss
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by azyaq(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2013
CFCfan: This Kano mega city project has the potential to rival Abuja as the place to be in Northern Nigeria.
hope the house is meant for the poor coz they shouldn't be deceiving us with mega housing project n hope they wil not be selling the houses to their cohort
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by biafranqueen: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2013
Chibuebem: dont be intimidated, but come and invest at home too. Go to enugu, imo,...and maybe abia. grin
who's talking intimidation be wise , be real, and be true to thine self. Invest in Igboland build your legacy where you and your children will be appreciated .

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by abokine: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2013
sexymoma: Them go build finish Boko Haram go come destroy am, Nigerians why do we like wasting our resources.
The resources belong them so let them do as they which with what is yours go to your sate and make your own development.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by biafranqueen: 10:34am On Jul 30, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I tire my brother! They should halt any future investment plans in the core north and south west; i've noticed these places have an unacceptable level of disguised/hidden/officially-sanctioned xenophobia......unless of course you're white, Lebanese/Arab, or Indian!
don't forget China that tell the youth that Africans have tail growing out of Nash.
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by biafranqueen: 10:41am On Jul 30, 2013
londoner:

Nna I see myself as Nigerian but it is our duty to build the East you will be surprised at how your investment will prove you to be a wise man. You are making the right conclusions and decisions. Let us make the East as sweet as Dubai. Apartment / flats complexes are a great investment now. Look for land around he Universities and Hospitals. New shopping centers are being built. The opportunities are endless!
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by comrChris(m): 10:43am On Jul 30, 2013
it marvels me hw average westners beliv eastern govnors r nt work,pls tour urself 2east n c tinx urself,l learnt der s a similar project lyk dis @ abakaliki cald ochudo city n @ enugu too,.pls u pple shud grow up

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by biafranqueen: 10:46am On Jul 30, 2013
CFCfan:

I believe the jobs that will be created in the new cities may limit the growth of Islamic terrorism.
BTW, Enugu is creating a new "Lifestyle City" on over 1000 hectares of land.
So please let us focus where we will be appreciated,and where the land is not on lease for 99 years and can be left to our children. Why not invest this money in the East the opportunities are wide open. Let us build the East and prove what we have been saying. That we hold the economy in Nigeria that our money built Lagos and Abuja let us prove these naysayers wrong!
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by eastOFwest(m): 10:47am On Jul 30, 2013
Cleanman: Lagos mega city,Atlantic city,Bana iceland,thousands of super housing estates,Now kano mega city......wetin our Ibo brodas dey do?except to keep ranting on Nl that they also have stake in lagos ignoring their impoverish ancestral lands......sure ibo go invest in the kano mega city and once aboki flares up,they chase their arse out as usual..hehehehe.

What's the point building new mega cities when the old ones are a sorry sight? Why not use these so called "govt funds" to upgrade the existing city - world class roads & drainage, water, intra-city transport infrastructures etc? Wouldn't it generate the same employment and economic activities? Is there anything wrong with making the lives of the common man slightly more bearable, instead of building houses that less than 5% of the population can afford?

And you think the common man (who makes up more than 90% of the population) will look at these projects and be proud that "his governor is working" for him?

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by longjon: 10:49am On Jul 30, 2013
omenka:

You sound like some1 who farts through his mouth because I can still smell the stench of what you just typed thousands of kilometres away! What is wrong with an igbo investing in the project? Pple like you are the reason why Nigeria keeps regressing while other nations make giant strides economically and politically.

What a convoluted response. You need to have yourself examined. Seriously .
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by tobezekiel(f): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2013
bjjbam: Good projects but my concern is, how many average Nigerians can afford those houses?
here we go again.. with the "average Nigerian thingy"
Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by londoner: 10:54am On Jul 30, 2013
jmoore:
Igboland, Yorubaland and Hausaland are not countries.

Why didn't Mike Adenuga seek for a regional license for Glo instead of national license,huh?

Why is Dangote building cement factories outside the north, huh?

Do these individuals also not make sure they invest in a meaningful way in their own region?

Do thy invest elsewhere while ignoring their own?

Look, no one is saying to Dangote and Adenuga, to pack their load and move to their region.....that in the difference.

These men represent industries and can therefore escape the tribalism dished out to the ordinary person.

People are saying they don't want the Igbos and they should leave....why stay where we are not wanted?

1 Like

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by londoner: 11:01am On Jul 30, 2013
biafranqueen: Nna I see myself as Nigerian but it is our duty to build the East you will be surprised at how your investment will prove you to be a wise man. You are making the right conclusions and decisions. Let us make the East as sweet as Dubai. Apartment / flats complexes are a great investment now. Look for land around he Universities and Hospitals. New shopping centers are being built. The opportunities are endless!

I'm a woman btw.....and also born and raised outside Nigeria. I grew up closely with Nigerians of all tribes, and that was our bond....we did not have this hatred of each other. I was able to proudly call myself Nigerian and would defend Nigerians of all tribes.

It does not work unless it is taken on by all tribes in Nigeria. We should all do so at the same pace.

3 Likes

Re: Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals! by jmoore(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2013
londoner:

Do these individuals also not make sure they invest in a meaningful way in their own region?

Do thy invest elsewhere while ignoring their own?

Look, no one is saying to Dangote and Adenuga, to pack their load and move to their region.....that in the difference.

These men represent industries and can therefore escape the tribalism dished out to the ordinary person.

People are saying they don't want the Igbos and they should leave....why stay where we are not wanted?
Are you scared of a toothless bulldog, huh?

Nigeria belongs to all Nigerians.

There are millions of Igbos who reside in the east, let them do the investing. Everyone will not invest in one place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Gives Buhari 2-week Ultimatum To End Fuel Scarcity / Omojuwa Replies Governor Okorocha: You Should Have Ignored Instead of Lying / Premium Times Admits Misrepresenting HSBC On Buhari Reelection Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.