Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Exclusive Team Python Forum - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Exclusive Team Python Forum (7845 Views)

Exclusive Tips On Python Programming For Beginners / Photos And Video Of A Flying Car Exclusive Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hi Team Python, lets use this tread to shad more light on the wonders of python and answer funy question from the wanabies of python programming language.

#WeLovePython #LearnPython #UsePython #TeamPython #RockPython #PYTHON!!!
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by bright007(f): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
representing team learn python

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
bright007: representing team learn python
Do visit codecademy.com I find this site intresting for Team Learn Python
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 31, 2013
Don Ocso:
Do visit codecademy.com I find the site intresting for Team Learn Python
good to know ur now in python. Less of php more of python
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 31, 2013
paddy4destiny: good to know ur now in python. Less of php more of python
I ported to the new world. thanks to you, our oga at the top and the entire python fans in our Land undecided
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by georgiobob: 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2013
Pls try. http://code.google.com. .python class from google

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Ajibel(m): 10:58am On Aug 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin

PYTHON Nigeria

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
Bookmarking this place
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by kq(m): 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
Hey everyone
I am a novice to Python and I am about to start a learning process for the language. I am more interested in what capabilities Python has for scripting for networking, communications and system administration applications. Is anybody on here familiar with using Python in these areas.
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by DAvIt0(m): 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
#StillLearning though #TeamPython
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Ajibel(m): 11:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
kq: Hey everyone
I am a novice to Python and I am about to start a learning process for the language. I am more interested in what capabilities Python has for scripting for networking, communications and system administration applications. Is anybody on here familiar with using Python in these areas.

py+hon supports the ones in bolded. I dunno or what u mean by "communications" embarassed
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by kq(m): 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ajibel:

py+hon supports the ones in bolded. I dunno or what u mean by "communications" embarassed

Thanks for the reply. By communications I meant in a telecommunications environment. Do you have any scenarios you can talk about how Python has been used in these areas i.e. System and network administration.

For example, automating sys admin tasks such as creating users on a server or setting permissions to a share. Network admin tasks such as pulling log files and filtering files. You know things of such nature. I just want to know if anybody as used either python or perl in these areas because it seems the only thing people use this scripting languages for is web and app development.

Thank you
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2013
kq:

Thanks for the reply. By communications I meant in a telecommunications environment. Do you have any scenarios you can talk about how Python has been used in these areas i.e. System and network administration.

For example, automating sys admin tasks such as creating users on a server or setting permissions to a share. Network admin tasks such as pulling log files and filtering files. You know things of such nature. I just want to know if anybody as used either python or perl in these areas because it seems the only thing people use this scripting languages for is web and app development.

Thank you

Python excels in the Sys Admin ecosystem. Take a look at IPython - http://ipython.org/. Let me know if you need any help. You can use python to do any Sys Admin work you would normally do using your own Sys Admin utilities.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
kq: Hey everyone

still learning though I think it can do even more, will update you with links if a find any such project undecided
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
DonCrust: I was learning python no my own and i must confess it wasn't easy so i put it aside...
please try http://codecademy.com is a very interactive tutorial site {best on pc}

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 6:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
DonCrust: I was learning python no my own and i must confess it wasn't easy so i put it aside...

Are you serious? Python wasn't easy. What language do you find easy?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
alexis:

Are you serious? Python wasn't easy. What language do you find easy?

take it easy bro, sometimes is about different strok moreover anything new is something new.
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 12, 2013
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
registering myself here. im porting to python buh not yet there
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
DonCrust:

Yes I am. I taught myself html and i have done so many projects. Maybe its cos i was using the inbuilt module or something, but i found it very boring and I hate to be bored... I'm working on app development now and I'll need someone with more experience to work me through it.
u taught urself html ok o. U found it boring ok o. Ur developing an app with which language(s)?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 10:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
DonCrust:

Yes I am. I taught myself html and i have done so many projects. Maybe its cos i was using the inbuilt module or something, but i found it very boring and I hate to be bored... I'm working on app development now and I'll need someone with more experience to work me through it.

If you can't use Python, what can you use? I find Ruby and Python syntax to be some of the easiest out there. HTML, XHTML are formatting languages, it's good to know them but they are client side rendering languages.
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 14, 2013
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by rashy(m): 2:06pm On Aug 14, 2013
Python is really cool

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Ajibel(m): 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2013
rashy: Python is really cool

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 5:44am On Aug 15, 2013
DonCrust:

Are you in Abuja?

No I am not. What do you want to use python for? What language do you use currently? What are you trying to achieve? What ecosystem do you want to apply Python in?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by humanbean: 2:01am On Aug 17, 2013
Hallo Pythonistas. Baby Pythonista reporting here for duty ( hehehehehe tongue )
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
humanbean: Hallo Pythonistas. Baby Pythonista reporting here for duty ( hehehehehe tongue )
welcome home
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by GoodBoi1(m): 12:09am On Aug 18, 2013
Guess I need to learn python to augment my C++.
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2013
I always here people learning python for this and that but haven't seen one productive app or software based on python come from NL python coders.

Has anyone here written anything in python that we can all see or use?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
alexis: I always here people learning python for this and that but haven't seen one productive app or software based on python come from NL python coders.

Has anyone here written anything in python that we can all see or use?
watch out! Is droping sooner than later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Embedded Systems Tutorial For Beginners:experiment 4 (traffic Light System) / How Can I Generate Phone Numbers / Who Have Attended Moat Academy Software Bootcamp Training Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.