Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,389 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Exclusive Team Python Forum - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Exclusive Team Python Forum (7851 Views)

Exclusive Tips On Python Programming For Beginners / Photos And Video Of A Flying Car Exclusive Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 5:33am On Aug 20, 2013
Don Ocso: watch out! Is droping sooner than later.

How long should I wait? smiley
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 20, 2013
alexis:

alexis what have u done in any language
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 6:02am On Aug 21, 2013
paddy4destiny: alexis what have u done in any language

Bros Paddy - This is not about me smiley. If you are interested in my professional/academic work; I don't mind referring you to some of them. I am interested in what NL python members have done. I am always interested in anything Python smiley.

Here are a few of my foot-prints on the web:

1. TriComm Systems - http://www.tricommsystems.com/. Website is in PHP. Product runs mainly on C and frontend on PHP
2. Digital Ocean = www.digitalocean.com. RoR ecosystem and backed-end by KVM running on Linux. While I am not a RoR developer, I think it's a pretty darn good framework similar Django.

Most of my work is not Internet facing so you can't see them but I will be happy to give you an over-view if you are interested.

Can you show me any of your work?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Ajibel(m): 8:35am On Aug 21, 2013
Lmao!!!
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 23, 2013
alexis:

Bros Paddy - This is not about me smiley. If you are interested in my professional/academic work; I don't mind referring you to some of them. I am interested in what NL python members have done. I am always interested in anything Python smiley.

Here are a few of my foot-prints on the web:

1. TriComm Systems - http://www.tricommsystems.com/. Website is in PHP. Product runs mainly on C and frontend on PHP
2. Digital Ocean = www.digitalocean.com. RoR ecosystem and backed-end by KVM running on Linux. While I am not a RoR developer, I think it's a pretty darn good framework similar Django.

Most of my work is not Internet facing so you can't see them but I will be happy to give you an over-view if you are interested.

Can you show me any of your work?
non yet. Not in a hurry
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 23, 2013
Ajibel: Lmao!!!
show ur works
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
paddy4destiny: non yet. Not in a hurry

But you are in a hurry to see the works of others? Have you built anything with any language?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Ajibel(m): 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
paddy4destiny: show ur works

park well make i see wetin dey for front cheesy
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Excel23: 5:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
Pls which version of python do i need to download as a fresher?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 7:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
Excel23: Pls which version of python do i need to download as a fresher?

Python 3.2 is becoming popular but most people and python software still uses 2.6.x or higher. Alternatively, you can install pypi virtualenv - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv. It's a tool to create isolated Python environments.
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Excel23: 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
alexis:

Python 3.2 is becoming popular but most people and python software still uses 2.6.x or higher. Alternatively, you can install pypi virtualenv - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv. It's a tool to create isolated Python environments.
thanks brother. Assuming i am a fast learner, how long would it take me to grab python? , i am a fresher in programming, i took off with html and vb2010.
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
Excel23: thanks brother. Assuming i am a fast learner, how long would it take me to grab python? , i am a fresher in programming, i took off with html and vb2010.

Languages like python and ruby are pretty simple to learn. Depending on what you intend to do with them, something else might be better. In my opinion, spending an hour a day everyday will get you up to speed. Solving problems with them and doing assignments with them will greatly help you.

There is a free course online i.e. interactive on how you can build a search engine with python. It makes heavy use of python string methods and lists to implement this. So, what do you want do with python?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayox2003: 11:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
Was about starting a thread on Python only to see this. Started learning Python yesterday and its been interesting.

Frawzey
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by omoelu1(m): 11:17am On Aug 27, 2013
python programmers in d house, pls com to my rescue. i started learning python yesterday and am finding it quite interesting, but my problem is dis: i can't run python ditectly outside the command gui. like, if i try to run any “.py“ file, it will just flash the result and take it away within a second. what am i doing wrong. but its working fine when am typing in the GUI and cmd..
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by omoelu1(m): 11:27am On Aug 27, 2013
help!! python programmers in the house. i started learning python yesterday and am loving it, but i have a problem which is: I can execute “.py“ files directly. if i try it, it will just flash the output result and take it away in d twinkle of an eye. but i have no problem typing in Gui command line.. what am i doing wrong pls??..thanks in advance..
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Ajibel(m): 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
omoelu1: python programmers in d house, pls com to my rescue. i started learning python yesterday and am finding it quite interesting, but my problem is dis: i can't run python ditectly outside the command gui. like, if i try to run any “.py“ file, it will just flash the result and take it away within a second. what am i doing wrong. but its working fine when am typing in the GUI and cmd..

okay lol this is what you do.. at the end of the python script, type this:

raw_input("Click enter to exit! "wink

just do this. it would prevent the program from appearing and disappearing immediately
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 12:25pm On Aug 27, 2013
omoelu1: help!! python programmers in the house. i started learning python yesterday and am loving it, but i have a problem which is: I can execute “.py“ files directly. if i try it, it will just flash the output result and take it away in d twinkle of an eye. but i have no problem typing in Gui command line.. what am i doing wrong pls??..thanks in advance..

You need an environment to show your output hence the reason you use the CLI, IDLE or a GUI with python installed. Just clicking on the .py or .pyc bytecoded file will flash very fast because, there is environment to trap the output and display it for you. So, it's not like it doesn't run, it does - you just need an environment to see what you are running
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by omoelu1(m): 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
ok thanks ajibel and alexis. but hw do i get d environment ?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by omoelu1(m): 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2013
Ajibel:

okay lol this is what you do.. at the end of the python script, type this:

raw_input("Click enter to exit! "wink

just do this. it would prevent the program from appearing and disappearing immediately
wow ! thanks to Ajibel. i used d raw_input method and it works.. many thanks to u. plus, alexis, i still wud like u to tell me how to get the environment.
#moving on with ma tutorial now#
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Ajibel(m): 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
Thats good. Ur welcome, nau fire on with the tutorial smiley
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
omoelu1:
wow ! thanks to Ajibel. i used d raw_input method and it works.. many thanks to u. plus, alexis, i still wud like u to tell me how to get the environment.
#moving on with ma tutorial now#

Ajibel described it perfectly smiley i.e. trapping the code so you can see what is happening
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayox2003: 9:52am On Aug 28, 2013
Pythonians, I'm getting tutored through a video but I'll like someone to recommend a book - a good one.

....and this thread should be flowing with codes by now.

Frawzey
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Ajibel(m): 10:44am On Aug 28, 2013
Building skills in python!!!

Flowing with which codes And hey d name Pythonian has been patented by me tongue
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayox2003: 1:29am On Aug 29, 2013
Ajibel: Building skills in python!!!

Flowing with which codes And hey d name Pythonian has been patented by me tongue

We took Pythonian and we left the Seyi...

Thanks for the recommendation, python is the last 'To-do' on my checklist that I've not done. I hope the book helps cos I really don't have much time...

Thanks again!

Frawzey
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nobody: 2:34am On Aug 30, 2013
alexis:

as soon as I kill my python I will let you know!
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Nyt: 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
alexis:

programming in python is quite broad u should try to xplain what u want to achieve with it.

@Alexis I'm lukin forward to d overview

If you are looking for an idle download enthought python it comes preinstalled with some packages

Happy coding!!!
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by jworos(m): 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
pls help,i'm new to programming and would really love to learn more about python,any video tutorials available
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 7:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
jworos: pls help,i'm new to programming and would really love to learn more about python,any video tutorials available

Have fun:

http://www.codecademy.com/learn
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by jworos(m): 12:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
tanx bros
alexis:

Have fun:

http://www.codecademy.com/learn
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
jworos: tanx bros

Anytime
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by GoodBoi1(m): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2013
Can someone pls tell me the best books for learning python (for someone with experience in programming) ?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 10:22am On Sep 18, 2013
Good Boi: Can someone pls tell me the best books for learning python (for someone with experience in programming) ?

There is no one size fits all - try these books here:

http://www.wowebook.info/category/ruby-python/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Embedded Systems Tutorial For Beginners:experiment 4 (traffic Light System) / How Can I Generate Phone Numbers / Who Have Attended Moat Academy Software Bootcamp Training Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.