Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,210 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Exclusive Team Python Forum - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Exclusive Team Python Forum (7850 Views)

Exclusive Tips On Python Programming For Beginners / Photos And Video Of A Flying Car Exclusive Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by GoodBoi1(m): 10:41am On Sep 18, 2013
Thanks
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by alexis(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2013
Good Boi: Thanks

Anytime
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by omoelu1(m): 1:44am On Dec 18, 2014
let somebody revive this thread please
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by venex(f): 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
What is Bincom Academy?

Bincom Academy is an intensive training / internship programme facilitated by Bincom ICT Solutions.

The PHP/MySQL Programming Class is 3 months of intensive training/internship. During this period, we shall take the participant through our core application development training curriculum in a Montessori approach.

What you will learn?

By the end of the session,

Participant will have a strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL and other related technologies.
Participant will have built several projects with the technologies learnt.
Every participant will participate individually in various Code Sprints and will be exposed to building various working projects.
There will be several opportunities to showcase all the knowledge acquired within the training programme under the guardian of the various mentors.
How you will learn?

The training is a Montessori type class with lots of practical on a daily basis. You will learn by doing, NO cramming in this class, just pure coding.

How will the Montessori Approach work?

The academy will run Mondays - Fridays from 9am - 4pm. A typical day will consist of 30-45mins of lecture and 7 hours of practice, development & implementation. The course content is also highly skewed towards personal research. Participants will learn by themselves under the guidance of their facilitators or mentors.

Participant will be exposed to projects and may even get the opportunity to work on some aspects of some of our real life projects as determined by the Academy faculty or mentors.

The Mentors and Facilitators

Training facilitators are seasoned professionals who have built and currently work on various advanced projects with Bincom ICT Solutions.

The class would be assigned a facilitator per week. Each participant is also assigned a mentor. The Faculty are developers in the Nigerian programming community. Participant will also have access to some of the key resource in Bincom’s Technology Team.

Is it just PHP/MySQL that will be learnt?

No! Though PHP/MySQL Development Stack will be a core focus of the Training Programme. Participants will be exposed to several other technologies that will enable their work and give them an edge.

Bincom Academy is structured to enable participants learn at their pace.

Training Requirement

Participant must attend the training Daily with:

A laptop (preferably Windows OS)
Proof of Identification
Prerequisite

Participants must have a minimum of average working knowledge of basic computer software including Microsoft Word and Standard web browsers before commencement of the programme.

Prior basic knowledge of HTML though not compulsory is recommended – You can read up basic HTML at www.w3schools.com/html/

Pre Training Reading

Participant are also encouraged to go through various available online resources on PHP including W3Schools quick tutorial on PHP (http://www.w3schools.com/php/) and SQL ( http://www.w3schools.com/sql )

This training will start from beginner level and touch on various theoretical topics, however we will dwell more on applying basic knowledge to build working projects.

Bincom Academy (PHP/MySQL Class) Programme Fee

The programme fee for is 200,000 naira per month ( for the 3 months period). The programme fee is payable on a monthly basis.

Partial scholarship (95% of total programme fee) is available for 4 candidates per class.

How to Apply?

Register for the Bincom Academy Class of interest. Register here and make payment to our designated bank accounts upon approval. There are limited spaces available

Click here to apply.

Who is the Scholarship offer designed for?

Bincom Academy scholarship is targeted at fresh graduates who have completed or at various stages of completing their NYSC programme. These candidates can potentially be recruited as Graduate Trainees in Bincom ICT Solutions.

Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Scholarship applicants may be invited for interviews.

To apply for scholarship?

Please complete the training application form first before applying for a scholarship. Complete the scholarship application form as accurately as possible for those interested in the scholarship offer.

Click here to apply.

Why was Bincom Academy created?

Bincom Academy was created when Bincom ICT started experiencing difficulties in filling some of it's vacant roles in its technology team. Realizing the dearth of trained & experienced talents in the industry, Bincom decided to train the talents that it needs. If successful, Bincom Academy will become the point of recruitment for various organisations within the ICT industry in Nigeria.

Where you will learn?

The Training Location for the September session is in Lagos, Nigeria. We shall communicate the exact Training venue to only confirmed trainees.

The next Session

The session starts January, 2015 in Lagos. The full course is a total of 3 months (8 hours every working day) but has been broken down into monthly modules.

For more information

For more information please send a mail to veronica@bincom.net or simply Call Veronic on 08183447578
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by abdul01(m): 11:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
Here are some nice reads on python:

1. python-history..com/
By d creator of python guido van russom

2. https://www.paypal-engineering.com/2014/12/10/10-myths-of-enterprise-python/
A very nice article clearing some myths about python and listing d many startups that used pythin

3. https://www.python.org/about/success/

4. www.pythontutor.com
5. www.learnpython.org/

6. Google "A byte of python" (ebook), a free ebook for learning python.

Enjoy!
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by omoelu1(m): 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
abdul01:
Here are some nice reads on python:

1. python-history..com/
By d creator of python guido van russom

2. https://www.paypal-engineering.com/2014/12/10/10-myths-of-enterprise-python/
A very nice article clearing some myths about python and listing d many startups that used pythin

3. https://www.python.org/about/success/

4. www.pythontutor.com
5. www.learnpython.org/

6. Google "A byte of python" (ebook), a free ebook for learning python.

Enjoy!
good one man!!
thanks for those
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by abdul01(m): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
omoelu1:

good one man!!
thanks for those
U welcome sir!
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Ajibel(m): 8:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
Visit importpython.com too.
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayomidearo(m): 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2014
learn python the hard way by zed shaw is the best book for beginners in python.... Python is a very good scripting language i bet you will love it
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by omoelu1(m): 9:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
ayomidearo:
learn python the hard way by zed shaw is the best book for beginners in python.... Python is a very good scripting language i bet you will love it
hello, please do you have a PDF copy of the book?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayomidearo(m): 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2014
omoelu1:

hello, please do you have a PDF copy of the book?
not sure again but u can get it downloaded from it-ebooks.info
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by omoelu1(m): 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
ayomidearo:
not sure again but u can get it downloaded from it-ebooks.info
Ok, thanks.
I will head there now and search for it
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Barywhyte(m): 5:40am On Dec 27, 2014
ayomidearo:

lol that book is so funny and at the same time informative and powerful and very simple. but the introductory part to OOP kinda sucks. I had to read another book to have a foot on OOP b4 returning to Zed book. but I'd recommend it for anyone. one funny part says:
1. if anyone ask u to use vim as editor. Tell him No.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayomidearo(m): 6:56am On Dec 27, 2014
Barywhyte:

lol that book is so funny and at the same time informative and powerful and very simple. but the introductory part to OOP kinda sucks. I had to read another book to have a foot on OOP b4 returning to Zed book. but I'd recommend it for anyone. one funny part says:
1. if anyone ask u to use vim as editor. Tell him No.
loool... D book is very good and u will enjoy it if u can get his videos dah man is too funny and i bet it u with dah book u will understand every basics of python and eventually u will can be a python guru
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Barywhyte(m): 10:41am On Dec 27, 2014
ayomidearo:
loool... D book is very good and u will enjoy it if u can get his videos dah man is too funny and i bet it u with dah book u will understand every basics of python and eventually u will can be a python guru

pls giv me link to d video or put it in ur dropbox if ur on it. I'd appreciate it. tanks.
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayomidearo(m): 10:47am On Dec 27, 2014
Barywhyte:

pls giv me link to d video or put it in ur dropbox if ur on it. I'd appreciate it. tanks.
i actually bought the book and videos for $28 and it was last year cant really remember where i put the cd buh u can always use google to find it
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by tungstar(m): 3:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
ayox2003:
Pythonians, I'm getting tutored through a video but I'll like someone to recommend a book - a good one.

....and this thread should be flowing with codes by now.

Frawzey

pls is dia any way for me to get dem vidéo tutorials frm u?......am à beginner and i hv been looking for a visual tutorial.....thanx in anticipation
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Barywhyte(m): 8:52am On Dec 28, 2014
ayomidearo:
i actually bought the book and videos for $28 and it was last year cant really remember where i put the cd buh u can always use google to find it

Alright. I'll do that. Are u still on python or have you moved on to another language?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayomidearo(m): 9:32am On Dec 28, 2014
Barywhyte:

Alright. I'll do that. Are u still on python or have you moved on to another language?
i love python a lot... Dere are many things to python.. Networking programming, game dev, web dev, scripts and so on .. A lot more to learn.. Buh i do android dev with java and just started php and mysql
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Barywhyte(m): 9:53am On Dec 28, 2014
[quote author=ayomidearo post=29267395] i love python a lot... Dere are many things to python.. Networking programming, game dev, web dev, scripts and so on .. A lot more to learn.. Buh i do android dev with java and just started php and mysql[/quote

mysql is very simple. I just don't have its time yet. i don't know y I just don't like php maybe because am not into web devlpment.
Actually Linux pushed me to study python. I wanted something more powerful than bash programming. a language that will automate like bash and use to develop software.

so u knw java too? that language is unnecessarily verbose. not idea for small app development if u ask but is d best for enterprise large solutions
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayomidearo(m): 9:59am On Dec 28, 2014
[quote author=Barywhyte post=29267864][/quote]java has a great library + i enjoy using google technology
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Barywhyte(m): 10:04am On Dec 28, 2014
ayomidearo:
java has a great library + i enjoy using google technology

Google tech like?
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayomidearo(m): 10:21am On Dec 28, 2014
Barywhyte:

Google tech like?
android, google maps, cast screen, google app engine for my python with django and so many techs like dah
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Barywhyte(m): 10:34am On Dec 28, 2014
ayomidearo:
android, google maps, cast screen, google app engine for my python with django and so many techs like dah

android is better off with java. what kind of python module do u use to develop GUI based app? I am tryin to convert the Gothon invader program in Zed book to smthin like 2D combat system. will wxpython do? pygame appear to b another language on its own with different syntax
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayomidearo(m): 10:55am On Dec 28, 2014
Barywhyte:

android is better off with java. what kind of python module do u use to develop GUI based app? I am tryin to convert the Gothon invader program in Zed book to smthin like 2D combat system. will wxpython do? pygame appear to b another language on its own with different syntax
Jpython + am not sure wxpython will do dah buh try it
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by omoelu1(m): 8:42am On Dec 29, 2014
can any help with how to keep the leading zero(s) of a digit without having to convert it to string.
for example, when you want to write a phone number like 0812345678 such that python won't give an error or truncate the initial zero.
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Barywhyte(m): 9:51am On Dec 29, 2014
ayomidearo:
Jpython + am not sure wxpython will do dah buh try it

will jpython not require knowledge of java syntax? I figured out wxpython does the same
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Barywhyte(m): 9:53am On Dec 29, 2014
omoelu1:
can any help with how to keep the leading zero(s) of a digit without having to convert it to string.
for example, when you want to write a phone number like 0812345678 such that python won't give an error or truncate the initial zero.

put d code line here and its traceback. lets c wht ur trying to do.
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayomidearo(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2014
Not really just a little knowledge.. Remember i told u dah i also do java.. U will use python and at the same time call java classes.
Barywhyte:

will jpython not require knowledge of java syntax? I figured out wxpython does the same
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Barywhyte(m): 10:31am On Dec 29, 2014
ayomidearo:
Not really just a little knowledge.. Remember i told u dah i also do java.. U will use python and at the same time call java classes.

I will try both and c which one appeal to me more. if it doesn't involve extensive java codin, I'll b fine with jpython.
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by ayomidearo(m): 10:34am On Dec 29, 2014
Pls do.. I bet u will enjoy jpython.. Sweet library and try cpython
Barywhyte:

I will try both and c which one appeal to me more. if it doesn't involve extensive java codin, I'll b fine with jpython.
Re: Exclusive Team Python Forum by Barywhyte(m): 11:10am On Dec 29, 2014
ayomidearo:
Pls do.. I bet u will enjoy jpython.. Sweet library and try cpython

lol cpython? hmmm. bro one thing at a time lol. so many stuff to learn. am still tryin to figure __init__ method in python. i just wish I can do away with it and write my program normally. but I can't. its d first weird thing I have seen in python.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Embedded Systems Tutorial For Beginners:experiment 4 (traffic Light System) / How Can I Generate Phone Numbers / Who Have Attended Moat Academy Software Bootcamp Training Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.