Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks (33853 Views)

My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos / Massob, Aka-Ikenga Condemn The Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by oshyno(m): 11:14am On Aug 02, 2013
'Deportation' of Igbos from Lagos: Senator Ngige speaks

Former Governor of Anambra State and Senator representing Anambra Central Senatorial District, Dr. Chris Nwabueze Ngige has addressed the media on the alleged deportation of ndi Igbo from Lagos State. Senator Ngige stated this in a letter to Aka Ikenga a socio cultural group which had requested that he take up the matter with the Governor of Lagos State. Below are

the contents of his letter and attached annexes( communication between Lagos State and Anambra governments)

Greetings,

I write in respect of the above subject matter, which Aka Ikenga at its 28th July, 2013 general meeting which I was privileged to attend as Special Guest of Honour, requested me to take up with the Lagos State Government. I am glad to inform you that I was received in audience the day after, by His Excellency; Governor Raji Babatunde Fashola( SAN) the Governor of Lagos State and the issue was discussed exhaustively.

At the meeting, the Lagos State Governor disclosed that contrary to claims, the issue in question has nothing to do with deportation, but a Social Welfare Intervention, involving several homeless destitutes and other psychiatric cases roaming the streets and some living under the bridges in Lagos. These people were taken in and treated and cared for by the Lagos State Government free of charge and thereafter needed to be reintegrated with their families.

After this rehabilitation the affected people disclosed their true identities and the disclosure revealed that 14 of them were from Anambra State. For the purpose of reintegration with their kith and kin back home( most of them had nobody in Lagos) and for further social support and care, Lagos State Government communicated the Anambra State Government as well as other affected state governments to come forward and identify and take over their people. (see letter as annex 1)

On receipt of this communication, Anambra State Government requested for the identities of those claiming to be from the state( see letter as annex 2). The list was promptly supplied to them by Lagos State for immediate and urgent action( see letter as annex 3).

With further contact and pressure Anambra State Government preferred that the handing over be done at bridge head and Lagos State obliged but found no Anambra State Government Representative on arrival at the agreed date and was hence forced to leave the people at a government office they found at the Niger Bridgehead.

The Lagos State Government further explained that this kind of exchange of destitutes occur between states, as she recently went to Akwa Ibom State to take back two of her rehabilitated citizens.( see letter as annex 4).

You will recall Mr. President of Aka Ikenga, that I had assured the Aka Ikenga members that the Lagos State Government that I am familiar with will not go out of its way to cause hardship to our people and this is evident in its disposition as the first Government of Lagos State to appoint an Igbo as a commissioner and many others into other cabinet positions.

For promotion and maintenance of the good relationship that exists between the Igbos who form about 25% of the population of Lagos State and their Lagos host, I have secured an appointment for you, the President and Executive members of Aka Ikenga to further discuss this matter and other sundry issues affecting Ndi Igbo in Lagos State, with the Lagos State Governor on a date that will be mutually agreed by both parties.

As a member of the Action Congress of Nigeria ( ACN), which is the party in power in Lagos State, I wish to further reassure you and Aka Ikenga in particular and Ndi Igbo in general, that the government of Lagos State, that I am familiar with does not and will not harbour any anti Igbo agenda, as being, insinuated in some certain quarters.

Accept as usual the assurances of my highest regards.

Senator Chris Nwabueze Ngige, MD, OON, KSJ

Senator representing Anambra Central Senatorial District

( Former Governor Anambra State, 2003-2006 )

http://elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/16894-deportation-of-igbos-from-lagos-senator-ngige-speaks

28 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by oshyno(m): 11:16am On Aug 02, 2013
When you think it will get better for Ngige it turns South again. He just shot himself on the foot by endorsing this inhuman act of Fashola simply bcuz u are frm same party. Dumb move IMO.

43 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by fredopayee(m): 11:19am On Aug 02, 2013
Those guys was offloaded rround 4am eye witnes said. I wonder how the 2 partied agreed on this. If they agreed, do you think Anambra State Govt and other Igbo dignitaries will speak againt it Think Ngige Think.

13 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Otono2(m): 11:21am On Aug 02, 2013
Betrayal... just 4 a plate of amala

16 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Cynsky76(f): 11:21am On Aug 02, 2013
So if dey didnt invite u ,u wouldnt hav done anytin.hmmmmm dis is somdoby rpresnting us ooo

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by donchris999: 11:26am On Aug 02, 2013
Lol! Ngige have started his campaign on the wrong footing. My anambra brothers over to you. I just feel for this man, charles soludo will have an easy ride with this fashola's actions. Chai! Ngige, Ngige, Ngige!

10 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 02, 2013
ngige,you should be bothered about fashola and APC spoiling your chances of becoming anambra governor.what say you about that?
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by kcjazz(m): 11:30am On Aug 02, 2013
So because he said the truth, now he is evil? My people and their moving standards smh undecided

45 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Adam200(m): 11:50am On Aug 02, 2013
Instead of the igbos to thank Gov fashola they are there bashing him, calling him all sort of names. I want all the igbos to learn from "GHANA MUST GO" go home and develop ur states

13 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by oshyno(m): 11:56am On Aug 02, 2013
kcjazz: So because he said the truth, now he is evil? My people and their moving standards smh undecided

The reason the young man gave is ridiculous. He said 14 were from Anambra whilst 72 was brought.Cant he tell his friend Fash y he had t dump non Anambrarians in his state. Oh i 4got they r both ACN. He said both states agreed; agreed for exchange by 3 am ? He said hez being directed, like wtf. Soo without being pushed he cant defend his people ? Cry me a river dude.

17 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by idumuose(m): 11:56am On Aug 02, 2013
Between Ngige and Obi sombody is telling lies here.Peter Obi
in petitioning the presidency complained that Fashola did not
communicate his government before he fraudulently deported those
folks.
Ngige is being economical with the truth and i am disappointed in
him.

7 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Dreal1247: 12:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mr Ngige, ps better go and nationalize as a Yoruba. I used to respect u but u av proved to be a true politician who can betray, sacrifice, harm, kill, or do any form of harm to a brother in order to gain position. Now u see no wrong in a state govt dumping ur brothers and sisters @ 4.00 am. And you expect the govt officials to be there waiting @ 4.00am cos govt has become a midnight business.. What of the ones from other states? Why not take then to their states? Dont even think of coming to Anambra state for any form of campaign because you are a betrayer.

13 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Kx: 12:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
Was Ngige not once a governor of Anambra state b4 Peter Obi?
Can an ex governor recontest for d govnorship position?
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by abu12: 12:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
You spoke well sir
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by rolchi(m): 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
Government Office by 2.30am at Bridge Head and no government official to receive them? Ngige should have told the Governor of Lagos, that the distance from Bridgehead to Government House in Awka is not not more than 30mins drive by that ungodly hour. Ngige should have requested for the Hand-over letter to the so-called Anambra Government Official.

Ngige, please, ask APC Gov. Fashola to apologise on behalf of his officials...they actually goofed on this!

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by awodman: 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
So Anambara officials agreed to receive Lagos officials by 3am early in the morning?..they can't sleep again?..

I thought Fashola said that Obi didn't reply to his letter?..how then did they agree to receive lagos officials..yeye the smell..

18 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
Chris Ngige just buried his gubernatorial dreams.It would have been better for him to remain silent.So Anambra is now a dumping ground for destitutes pan nigeria? Fashola claimed he wrote to peter obi yet he brought people from differant states in the SS/SE and dumped them in onitsha.Why didn't he also consult the other Governors whoose natives were invloved? Why did they come in @ that ungodly hour if they drop was supposed to be official? There are just bunch of lairs trying grapple @ straws to justify their inhuman acts.

12 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2013
not quite sure what Ngige is saying here

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 02, 2013
The Government of Anambra State should be able to speak on whether or not they received any letter from the LASG.

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by 1oracle(m): 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
Otono2: Betrayal... just 4 a plate of amala
\
The real enemies of the Igbos is the Igbos and not other tribes, If Ngige should endorse this discrimination and inhumane treatment on fellow human beings irrespective of tribe and ethnicity. So Lagos state government offices open by 4am under eko bridge? So Lagos state government doesn't know state house in awka again? Ngige have shown the same behavior the so called useless group called OHANEZE displayed by going to kano to show support for amnesty for murderers(boko haram) after they bombed bus terminals owned by Igbos in kano. OHANEZE didn't visit peaceful MASSOB members languishing in prisons and police cells in Igbo land for peaceful association as their offense. OHANEZE was no where to be found when Massob members was killed and dumped in esu river there in Igbo land.
So sorry for the Igbos under their so called useless IGBO leaders. Ojukwu is the only leader Igbos have even at death.

21 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Duru1(m): 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2013
I do not give a hoot about what Ngige has to say about deportation of Nigerian citizen, sane or insane, by Lagos State government led by Fashola. The act is unconstitutional, insidious and instigated by bigotry. In the capital city of USA, homeless destitute and mentally challenged individuals roam the city without molestation by government agencies. Yet the USA has the best facilities in the world that cater for people in such condition. Even it is still voluntary to seek refuge in such facilities.

Whether the people had anybody in Lagos State or not, the Fashola led government has no humanitarian or constitutional authority to make a Nigerian citizen an illegal alien in his/her country. This is how Hitler started deporting German citizens from Germany.

In addition, Ndigbo must be very careful with any Igbo peep who work for or with any entity owned or initiated by Yoruba

27 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2013
Perfect response from a true leader, God bless you ngige

All this bandwagoning by uniformed few is just shameful.

Question is have anyone interviewed any of the returnee, have anyone found out what their conditions were in Lagos before they were reunited?

Have lagos state not been returning hausa beggers to the not?

Haven't the Eastern states been re moving fulani migrants from their states
Anambra Orders Arrest and Deportation of Child
Beggars
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/9600/2011/12/04/
anambra_orders_arrest_child_beggars.html .

Did the federal government not return igbo from abuja some months ago?

14 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by eagleeye2: 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
I never expected anything less from Ngige a "staunch ACN" and flag bearer of the same party in Anambara.
Maybe Anambarians can reply him with their votes, no need to make too much noise.

5 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by datChelseaBoy: 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ngige has finally lost it. He has sold himself to the ACN and the Yorubas and he wants to do the same with Anambrarians. It won't work for you. Anambra wise up!

Ngige sold his soul and sanity to Tinubu and the ACN just because of a plate of eba and an oily egusi soup, but he forgot to clean his mouth when he finished eating. Chei!

S O L U D O 2013

4 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by eagleeye2: 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
Obiagelli: Perfect response from a true leader, God bless you ngige
Of course he is a true leader to you...... After all your name says it all....

1 Like

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2013
Well..Ibos will never accept any reasonable explanation .......am sure even if GEJ try to explain the issue...they will threaten him with withdrawal of their phantom support.

Now the question is ....what would they do?

3 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by eagleeye2: 12:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ola Johnson: The Government of Anambra State should be speak on whether or not they received any letter from the LASG.
So receiving a letter gives you the right to *deport* fellow citizens.....
Why am I not surprised?
Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by PointB: 12:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mr Ngige,

Did Fashola tell you how long those people were in his detention camps? You reported that most of them had no relatives in Lagos, what about those who had relatives, was effort made to to reach them? Were they aware that their missing relatives were languishing in some detention camps?

Did the Anambra State Government agree to receive all those dumped on the bridge including none Anambra indigenes?

Let's call a spade a spade, it was the the most unkindest cut by Fashola at the heart of these people. I surmise that their only crime is that they were presumed poor and couldn't speak .Yoruba

6 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by eagleeye2: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
PointB: Mr Ngige,

Did Fashola tell you how long those people were in his detention camps? You reported that most of them had no relatives in Lagos, what about those who had relatives, was effort made to to reach them? Were they aware that their missing relatives were languishing in some detention camps?

Did the Anambra State Government agree to receive all those dumped on the bridge including none Anambra indigenes?

Let's call a spade a spade, it was the the most unkindest cut by Fashola at the heart of these people. I surmise that their only crime is that they were presumed poor and couldn't speak .Yoruba
Ngige will support anyone he thinks has the political muscle to get him elected into Govt House Awka (his romance with Uba is not yet forgotten)..

4 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
Why are other Yoruba govenors keeping quiet?

If Ibo govenors wanna tribalise this issue, then Yorubas need to support themselves.

Where was Ngige when Peter Obi deported Akwa Ibomites?

Ibos are truly the most tribalist people in Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2013
PointB: Mr Ngige,

The question you and your type failed to ask is..

Is their any prior intimation to Anambra state govt...of the impeding movement of people from Lagos to the East?

Up till now ...Obi is feigning ignorance of any prior communication with the LASG....all in a bid to score cheap political points from gullible Ibos.

By the time the whole truth of this saga is revealed...most of you will be ashamed of your utterance here and disappointed in Sissy Adaobi.

2 Likes

Re: Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos: Senator Ngige Speaks by Ngwakwe: 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
The same way you never accepted Obasanjo, Akala, Gbenga Daniel and other Yoruba PDP Stewart's point of view as it related to South West.

ilugunboy: Well..Ibos will never accept any reasonable explanation .......am sure even if GEJ try to explain the issue...they will threaten him with withdrawal of their phantom support.

Now the question is ....what would they do?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Crowd Welcomes Buhari To Daura / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / President Buhari Arrives Abuja After A Stop Over In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.