Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate (5494 Views)

Atiku's Photo With His Beautiful Daughters To Celebrate Day Of The Girl Child. / No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari / Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Aussie(m): 6:14pm On May 30, 2008
Nigeria is a country where we take jack-shits!!
These two dummies and just ceremonial heads. They are lifeless
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Suntemi(m): 7:03pm On May 30, 2008
We dont need to complain cos Naija Jaga jaga now. simple as that. Democracy day my foot.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Lady2(f): 8:01pm On May 30, 2008
i think the noble laureate should shut his trap, if he was made president i don't think he would be able to do any better than yar'adua. truthfully the critics should allow d man do his job, he didnt create the non-sense in nigeria so he wont end it in a year. we thank God that we are not like Zimbambwe who has had a president for donkey years and he still wants to remain in power.

I have to agree with you, except I see the Zimbabwe issue as irrelevant to the discussion.
People say that things haven't been done at all, well I keep wondering what we've been discussing all along.
Anyway, I don't expect the whole country to be fixed in one year, and I do have to commend Yar'Adua on laying foundations for a more "solid tomorrow" rather than giving us a temporary solution that will take us 360 degrees.
For those that think that problems in a country can be solved that quickly are quite naive. Problems in a company can't be solved that quickly, how can u expect that from a country.
Not just any country, but the Country Nigeria where even the citizens that are screaming "Rule of Law" and "Change" don't have respect for the Rule of law themselves and are not willing to start working with themselves to achieve the change. Yeah the government has failed us, but we have also failed ourselves. I dare one person who resides in Nigeria or any outside of Nigeria that have visited to speak up and say that they NEVER, in any situation no matter how small the capacity, had a disregard for the Rule of law. Anyone who has NEVER had an operation that is not lawful in any way or thought to themselves "This is the only way to yield the result" in any situation, I want you to speak up.
We do it even in the market.

We disregard the Rule of Law and expect the crooks to uphold it?

You guys are jumping on Yar'Adua when you know how hard it is to deal with Nigerians, The British Airways incident is a perfect example. Everyone is looking for that respect without even earning it.
The man is making changes as to the people in his administration. He has learned his mistake and is making changes. I do applaud him for not succumbing to the idea that people have that he is too slow. He has a direction and knows what he needs to do, but what Nigerians forget is that there are Nigerians who are trying to frustrate any good efforts. The man needs to stay alive to be able to help us. He is being cautious and he knows how vocal Nigerians are especially when it comes to cursing people.
He doesn't want to be cursed when he leaves the seat. All the blame is put on him. The man is trying to make sure that he leaves no stone unturned, and we all should respect that. Nigeria has been diminshing for more than 2 decades. One year will not change it.

I would also like it, if people who want to post actually read watch what it is he said.

Sometimes we need to do our own part and be patriotic. We're always comparing ourselves to America abi. Oya here's a comparison. Bush sucks and has led Americans into grave poverty (there's all kinds of robberies and murder taking place, soon we might see yahoozee in the open here o), but if the man is shot they will rally around him and his family and weep for him. Even though he's shown that he doesn't care for the welfare of the people (by allowing contaminated drugs to stay on the shelves and continue to be imported and refusing to let the people know) if anything were to happen to him, they will rally and support him. Why? Because he's an American and he is their leader. But we Nigerians, we'll be the first to shoot Yar'Adua, even though the man didn't lead us to poverty.

I still maintain the stance that patience should be exercised and that WE SHOULD DO OUR OWN PART.

The government cannot create employment when the people are not willing to own businesses.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Cristalz(f): 8:05pm On May 30, 2008
Gosh,i've laughed so much reading through the posts on this thread.I love Nigerians kiss

Anywway,i agree with those who say the promises are just going to keep on coming while remaining depressingly empty.The president and his governors were giving us prepared 'democracy day speeches' filled with more promises.Wouldn't it have been more encouraging if some of them had actually stated tangible,important things they've achieved within the past year before adding new promises to the already numerous ones?Only Fashola and Otunba Daniel had tangible reports to give .The rest,zilch.Out of 36 states.How progressive is that?

Our president was coughing terribly during his speech,and he was quoted to have said,''I can fall sick.I can die.I can die tomorrow,I can die next month,I can live to be 90.I cannot guarantee how long i want to live and when i am going to die''.
Ok,so hez human.Good.But at least he could have shown more enthusiasm at the prospect of staying alive.The above quote sounds like he doesn't really care if he lives or dies.I guess that should be a cause for celebration right? undecided

He also said Nigerians may not have regular power supply till 2011.Yep,you read that right.2011 !!! shocked His reasons were 'non-existence of law to back up the much expected declaration of emergency in the power sector',and the fact that 'Nigeria had sold all her gas for export'.He said the deals entered into by Nigeria with international oil companies on gas would have to be re-negotiated over seven years.So what happens in the mean time?Erratic power supply,thats what.For the next seven years.

This is the reason why i'm rarely on this forum.There is simply nothing new to talk about.Its the same old stories you see on tv and read about in the papers.Corruption,riots,murder,kidnappings,fights among senators,ill president,bla bla.Its like a circle.What's the point discussing the same thing over and over when you know how it will end?Our leaders are not ready for a change,simple.I've accepted that,so i don't trouble my head trying to figure out why.
So who still feels like celebrating? grin

@doyin13
Your inherent dim-wittedness really shows through in your posts tongue You really amuse me.I stated my reasons above for not engaging in political debates.I'm interested,and i keep up,but i stay on the sidelines.Nigerian politics is not worth the mental hassle.
As for my beautiful profile pic,go stick needles in your red eyes if it bugs you that much tongue Jeez,seems an armadillo crawled up your butt.Go take out your pointless frustrations on your fellow Arses grin We' rule Europe.Its old news now,get over it already grin
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by doyin13(m): 8:44pm On May 30, 2008
@Cristalz

Wow. . . . .I am impressed. Such insight, such sagacity, such je na si qua tongue tongue tongue

but I must object. I am not an Arsenal fan. angry angry angry Pompey rules

b t w i was only pulling your legs. sounds like you need a hug lady
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Cristalz(f): 9:14pm On May 30, 2008
@doyin13
Aww,thx for caring tongue tongue I've got a lot more hugs than i can handle dearie.
Seems you're indirectly asking for one.You must have huge gaps in your life tongue

You're not an Arse?Are you kiddin me?Always thot you were one.I'm indifferent to Pompey.Got more interesting clubs to focus on tongue
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by doyin13(m): 9:39pm On May 30, 2008
Caring ke. . . . . .No way Jose Bose. tongue

Yaradua is giving hugs for free in the spirit of Democracy day.
I warn you though, his ailment is contagious. cheesy Shucks, seems like he
gave you a hug already. You sound like you stuff money in your brassiere. grin

You ignore Pompey at your own peril. But for the blues of the South Coast
you would be celebrating a TREBLE.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by 4Play(m): 9:45pm On May 30, 2008
Na my Cristalz Doyin dey disturb?

But I think women should stay in the romance/sexuality sections at best,though,they are ideally suited to the kitchen.They have nothing useful to add here.If we needed the opinion of the clueless booboisie that make up the female world,we would have tuned to The Food Channel.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Taito007(m): 9:53pm On May 30, 2008
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate
« #13 on: Yesterday at 09:29:51 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i think nigerians prefer the band wagon and sentimental or cheap point scoring comments. soyinka as an important figure should be profering solutions on national dailies rather than open criticisms without real facts nor solutions. i would not conclude about this govt. yet b'because yardua says he is laying foundation on which to work and till i examine same i would not pass any judegement.but generally i love the calmer political atmosphere
[/color][color=#990000].

I don't think you live in Nigeria to make such statement.You said no real facts,what other facts do you want?until people start dieing in your presence.
How long is he going to lay foundation,please remember it just for four years,but of course you are looking beyond that.You see that is the greatest problem we have,we say there is still enough time,whereas we have little or no time.
And considering solutions is the president ready to listen to solutions from the people rather than that of his hopeless "special advisers".Nigeria is getting worst day by day.Is it the water,electricity,medical,road or what?
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Cristalz(f): 10:06pm On May 30, 2008
@doyin13
He must've infected you already for you to have such intimate knowledge of how contagious his ailment is.  grin
You sound like you wait tables at some pub and the frustration's eaten deep into you.

United didn't win the treble,but we got a double.Still way up above your boring old team,last time i checked tongue

@4play
My dear 4play,no mind the yeye boi jo.
Anyway,you sef no get wahala.You've always been a pompous,egotistically chauvinistic dude so i don't expect you to make statements that run contrary to your nature. grin Keep 'em archaic ideas coming. tongue
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by oYaTo(m): 10:31pm On May 30, 2008
Cristalz:

He also said Nigerians may not have regular power supply till 2011.Yep,you read that right.2011 !!! shocked

Cristalz u got one point wrong there, u've taken his statement out of context. He did say we won't have regular power till 2011, but if you read through the entire article, he said we won't have power that will put us in the league of industrialized nations till 2011, not that we won't have power at all. According to him, we're currently generating 3,500MW, and by next year he hopes to increase it to 6,000MW, and then 10,000MW by 2011. Na just 2 hope say they can get the power stations off the ground first.

This infact actually pales to what SA has. SA generates 40,000MW, but yet it's struggling to cater for its population which is roughly one-third that of naija.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Tini(m): 10:45pm On May 30, 2008
Is it possible to go back to millitary rule, ehh guys? undecided
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by oYaTo(m): 10:52pm On May 30, 2008
Tini:

I can assure u, u don't want 2 xperience that again
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by dee02(m): 11:34pm On May 30, 2008
Tini:

U dont really wanna fuc/k with the wankers from the barracks
U really dont want to mate! smiley
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by dee02(m): 12:47am On May 31, 2008
Nigeria1.:

http://.com

Sky Blue and what the other name. We are yorubas and we have culture, if Fashaola is not ready to follow the Yoruba culture, he should resign. And his deputy should take over. You see a yoruba proverb says noone is enermy to water. Why is that proverb. Water is the source of life and you can not be enermy to it. Obasanjo is the head of the PDP. The source of federal allocation comes from the federal. PDP control that. If he refuse to make friend with them. He should resign.
I want to tell you a story. There was a young man in school who use to visit his brother . The young man name is Umuru and the brother name is musa. This musa had a friend. His name was olu. When Olu came to see Musa, some time umuru ws there and when there finish eating they as umuru to get them one thing or the other. Even when olu would forget something in his car. He would ask Umuru to please go to his car and bring that thing. Olu and musa sometime would go to Musa and umuru mother house and eat.
Sometime Musa would send umuru to olu to collect one thing or the other in lagos.

Now do you know who is Musa?? Do you know who is Olu and do you know who is Umuru.??

olu is olusegun Obasanjo and Umuru is the present president of Nigeria. Umuru Yar Adua, and Musa was the president brother.

If you doubt how fashola is making the people of lagos loss out of the federal goodies. tell him to wear white agbada and take a white spotless goat to Otta and also have one white envelope. In the white envelope . Let fashola write one only one white WISH he want the federal govt to do for the people of lagos and See if in less than 48 hours the federal govt would not grant it. Look if President Obasanjo calls President Yar Adua at 3 am in the morning, he would pick up the phone if it as call display.

What I am saying is that look there is no man in yoruba that can tell the senator governor, and house of assembly member of yoruba origin (90%) were to vote like Obasanjo , the other person is chief bode George. there are other 5 people but there are not many, one of the them is a woman. What is leadership?? A leader is a man that have power and followship. NoT A man that claim he is the leader of the Yorubas without power and goes to pay pressmen and chief to call him the leader of the yorubas. leaders are not group of people who call themself Yoruba leaders without followship.
Governor Fashola must know yoruba people wish.

OGA UNA STILL DEY RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES! grin I TIRE O
MAKE FASHOLA RESIGN BECAUSE HE NO GREET OBJ SAY BABA IYABO "THE UGLY BRIDE" HOW FAR?!
I MAINTAIN HE WAS LUCKY HIS AGBADA WAS NOT RIPPED TO SHREDS OR HOT SALIVA GRACING HIS PIG FACE
BABA NO DESERVE ANYTHING OTHER THAN BASHINGS, ABUSES, CURSES,HUMULIATIONS AND BEATINGS!

BLAH BLAH BLAH! All this story na longtin i swear
ALL DIS UMURU AND OLU STORY ARE ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT
NAIRALAND IS NOT A FORUM FOR OBJ PAID DEFENDERS (BROS THEM PAY U?! grin)
MY FUCKING EYES ARE ITCHING ME I DEY GO CRASH
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Cristalz(f): 6:55am On May 31, 2008
@oyato
Thx for the correction,but i didn't say there will be no power supply at all till 2011.I said there will be erratic power supply.Same as we've got now. smiley
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Tini(m): 10:53am On May 31, 2008
@eldee & oyato

But the whole democracy thing aint workin out,so its practically the same thing because nigerians still dont have a say in any thing,
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by datono(m): 12:24pm On May 31, 2008
interesting read! kudos to the person who started this thread. some are ventilating their frustrations others are just having fun. i commend those who stuck to the issues though. it takes a lot not to loose track on why there is a forum such as this.
i think the president made some points on his media chart. we should wait and see. after all how long can four years be under him compared to eight years under obj. i also think he can move faster. those calling for quick resolution of problems have thier point.nigerians have really suffered under bad leaders. whatever needs to be done needs to be done quickly.thats why he is the president with acces to such much powers even in a democratic setting.he should bring all that to bear to move things on.

who is this guy going on and on about obj. you can not re-write history. you can write yours but you can write for obj. just let it be.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by oYaTo(m): 12:43pm On May 31, 2008
Nigeria1.:

Sky Blue and what the other name. We are yorubas and we have culture, if Fashaola is not ready to follow the Yoruba culture, he should resign.

Your stupidity knows no bounds.

Nigeria1.:

I want to tell you a story. There was a young man in school who use to visit his brother . The young man name is Umuru and the brother name is musa. This musa had a friend. His name was olu. When Olu came to see Musa, some time umuru was there and when there finish eating they ask umuru to get them one thing or the other. Even when olu would forget something in his car. He would ask Umuru to please go to his car and bring that thing. Olu and musa sometime would go to Musa and umuru mother house and eat.
Sometime Musa would send umuru to olu to collect one thing or the other in lagos.

Now do you know who is Musa?? Do you know who is Olu and do you know who is Umuru.??

olu is olusegun Obasanjo and Umuru is the present president of Nigeria. Umuru Yar Adua, and Musa was the president brother.

You aint makin' no sense. . . u sure say u got a brain in that thick skull of yours? I seriously doubt it.

All this noise ontop picture that doesn't substantiate any fact? U be like blind man wey dey cruise powerbike at 100mph.

Fool
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by oYaTo(m): 12:54pm On May 31, 2008
Cristalz:

@oyato
Thx for the correction,but i didn't say there will be no power supply at all till 2011.I said there will be erratic power supply.Same as we've got now. smiley

cool

Tini:

@eldee & oyato

But the whole democracy thing aint workin out,so its practically the same thing because nigerians still don't have a say in any thing,

Guy this whole democrazy thing will take time and patience. . .we'll make mistakes, and we'll learn from them, and we'll grow. U can't expect it all to be rosy in one minute. America wey dey there sef suffer am small. A hundred years after them even collect independence them still fight civil war, wey north n south dey kill each otha. . . .now see wetin dem dey enjoy.

Anything worthwhile has to be well thought-out and a careful plan laid down. If u see correct chick today u just won't step to her blindly (although in some case it's ok grin), but often u scheme and plan and devise a method to walk your way into the girl's heart.

I hope I'm not rambling. All I'm trying to say is that a solid foundation has to be laid first, before we can enjoy the spoils of democrazy. Our military leaders failed to do that, and OBJ sef tried small but failed miserably.

Believe me, u don't want 2 Bleep wit those military boyz no more. This one wey Soyinka come out talk about our non-achievements in the past one year. . .if na those soulja boyz dey there, Soyinka must at least put the borders of five to six countries in btw him and 9ja before he dare open hin mouth.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by kaypound(m): 5:16pm On May 31, 2008
@ nigeria
must fashola greet OBJ or does OBJ deserves his greeting. for all i know fashola is even more respectable right now in Nigeria than OBJ with all the atrocities and taboo he has done. you said if fashola does not greet you you will not be angry. pls bros, who are you for fashola to reckon with let alone greet you. well i don't want to assume you are that foolish or dumb to post all you have about this fashola and OBJ issue but rather give you the excuse that you just want some attention.

Olodo oshi , OBJ pikin.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by SkyBlue1: 6:00pm On May 31, 2008
Nigeria1.:

Sky Blue  and what the other name. We are yorubas and we have culture, if Fashaola is not ready to follow the Yoruba culture, he should resign. And his deputy should take over. You see a yoruba proverb says noone is enermy to  water. Why is that proverb. Water is the source of life and you can not be enermy to it. Obasanjo is the head of the PDP. The source of federal allocation comes from the federal. PDP control that. If he refuse to make friend with them. He should resign.

I want to tell you a story. There was a young man in school who use to visit his brother . The young man name is Umuru and the brother name is musa. This musa had a friend. His name was olu. When Olu came to see Musa, some time umuru was there and when there finish eating they ask umuru to get them one thing or the other. Even when olu would forget something in his car. He would ask Umuru to please go to his car and bring that thing. Olu and musa sometime would go to Musa and umuru mother house and eat.

olu is olusegun Obasanjo  and Umuru is the present  president  of Nigeria. Umuru Yar Adua,  and Musa was the president brother.

If you doubt how fashola is making the people of lagos loss out of the federal goodies. tell him to wear white agbada and take a white spotless goat to Otta and also have one white envelope. In the white envelope . Let fashola write one only one white WISH he want the federal govt to do for the people of lagos and See if in less than 48 hours the federal govt would not grant it.  Look if President Obasanjo calls President Yar Adua at 3 am in the morning, he would pick up the phone if it as call display.

What I am saying is that look there is no man in yorubaland that can tell the senators, governors, and house of assembly member of yoruba origin (90%) were to vote like Obasanjo , the other person is chief bode George. there are other 7  people but there are not many, one of the them is a woman. What is leadership?? A leader is a man that have power and followship. NoT A man that claim he is the leader of the Yorubas without power and goes to pay pressmen and chief  to call him  the leader of the yorubas.  leaders are not group of people who call themself Yoruba leaders without followship.
Governor Fashola must know  yoruba people wish.

LOL, i really don't even know where to start or whether i am being silly for replying but you know what? I will indulge you. Did Fashola sign up to lead yoruba people or lead Lagos state? Do you have some kind of quote from him before he got elected whereby he said forget lagos but he was there not to serve lagos but to serve Yoruba people? When you see that something is wrong do you just shut your mouth and go along with it even if it is obviously wrong just to respect this "culture" you speak off? Sorry, but i believe a good name is better than many riches and i will have more respect personally for Fashola if he does not sell out and call black white just so that he can "call OBJ at 3 am" LOL. Politicians all over the world even get openly criticized by members of their own party if there is something to be said, not to even speak of the opposition sef, LOL. And then this whole idea of Fashola tending to OBJ and massaging his back so he can get favours is just, LOL, sorry it is just funny. In one year alone i can list solid achievements made by Fashola and they are much more than just road building, drainage system and beautifying lagos, get yourself informed about it. So he should leave all of that and focus on OBJ why? Get some favours from the president that he is even easily as far as i can see outperforming? So with all the butt kissing OBJ got during his eight years, then by your reasoning the federal government should have "granted" a lot of "wishes" so why is the country so messed up then? LOL, OBJ has turned into father christmas. And that whole Olu and Musa sitting on a tree story, sorry but the sentiment was completely wasted on me especially given the state of the country.
God bless and have a nice day.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by gbengaza: 6:19pm On May 31, 2008
what are we celebrating,electricity failure,gross unemployment,mid day robbery attacks,WHAT?.www.achieversideas.com
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by kaboninc(m): 7:43pm On May 31, 2008
Why would there be no reason for us to celebrate? One thing about nigerians is that they expect the worst thing for their leaders. In 1998, they chosed OBJ (who is my man) and now they are crusifying him for no just reason just because he did not tell them what they want to hear. And now Yar'adua is also here telling them what they dont want to hear. Till tommorow, I do not see any substancial defect in OBJ. If you have "bring it on". Nigerians should celebrate democracy and be happy about it.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by dee02(m): 8:07pm On May 31, 2008
kaboninc:

Why would there be no reason for us to celebrate? One thing about nigerians is that they expect the worst thing for their leaders. In 1998, they chosed OBJ (who is my man) and now they are crusifying him for no just reason just because he did not tell them what they want to hear. And now Yar'adua is also here telling them what they don't want to hear. Till tommorow, I do not see any substancial defect in OBJ. If you have "bring it on". Nigerians should celebrate democracy and be happy about it.

my guy carry drum dey drum up and down dey celebrate craze
another obasanjo thug who just learnt how to use the internet!
so many of u have infiltrated forums and media houses all over but it is all going to be in vain
all dis media cleansing image attempt of the already tarnished OBJ wont work
we are not dumb, we are not foolish, we may not know how to lynch OBJ just yet but believe me
It would happen soon!

OBJ watch out, you old fat(moi-moi belle) rotund ugly bastard!
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Builder: 8:14pm On May 31, 2008
"May29 inaugurated the handing over of entire states to the rule of self-confessed, self-celebrating, violent prone and-proud thugs in defiance of the most minimal pretence of order, indeed, inaugurated an era where se-lf-promoting barons of violence were welcomed into the hallowed precincts of a ruler’s home, on horseback, by a dancing and jubilating host, the supposed custodian of the corporate integrity and dignity of a nation. May 29 marked the degradation of all symbols of authority, a descent into a state of political anomie that will haunt the nation for decades to come"
Wole Shoyinka.

Isnt the above worth celebrating?
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by kaboninc(m): 8:40pm On May 31, 2008
Mr the problem is that u are not leaving here in the country. If you do then would talk more. But I challange u to just mention one simple bad thing in that guy and also give me a prefereable person in his place.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by kaboninc(m): 8:44pm On May 31, 2008
@dee02
Mr the problem is that u are not leaving here in the country. If you do then would talk more. But I challange u to just mention one simple bad thing in that guy and also give me a prefereable person in his place.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by vislabraye(m): 8:55pm On May 31, 2008
It is difficult for the average Nigerian not to be paranoid. Many presidents and politicians have made empty promises in time past and done nothing, so every one has lost hope in Nigera, On th other hand, u cant blame Yar adua because there are lots of damage that Obasanjo administration has done in Nigeria. NEPA is an example. But Yar Adua seems to be taking a positive step,
Wole Shoyinkas critisicm should be more constructive; he should list ways he can make Nigeria better or may be he has also lost hope in this country
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by dangermous: 10:37pm On May 31, 2008
I blame the poster and admin wey give this thread any air at all.

Democracy day ko, Democracy yansh ni

Akpa Amu
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by dypo(m): 6:58am On Jun 01, 2008
I believe we have no democracy to celebrate in Nigeria. Especially when those power players have decided that it is a one-way ticket to enrich their pockets and those of their family and friends. The Executive system is collapsed, the legislative seems to be doing nothing while the judiciary has not been spared by corruption. Democracy has a long nolg way to go in this country.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Cristalz(f): 8:28am On Jun 01, 2008
dangermous:

I blame the poster and admin wey give this thread any air at all.

Democracy day ko, Democracy yansh ni

Akpa Amu

Ignoramus tongue

Others are giving their views and opinions on the state of the country and the government,and you're here blaming the poster and admin.Na by force to post?If you're not interested,waka dey go. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibb First Public Apperance Since 1993 / Cement Decrease Very Difficult - Dangote / Italian Engineer Kidnapped In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.