Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] (1515 Views)

Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians / Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon / Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] by megawealth(m): 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
About a month ago, Seun Osewa, founder of Nairaland said in a Facebook update that, “if you’re a programmer who loves to be pampered, you should start updating your CV because something is happening in Sango Ota!”

My first thought was that Osewa was about to set up a tech hub or developer’s space in that city for programmers to work out of just like several hubs being created in Lagos and elsewhere, and so I asked him to fill me in with any information regarding such, although he’s not responded yet.

Today, Techloy learnt that Osewa is finally setting up a — long overdue — large office space in Ota, Ogun State, after managing the largest online forum in Africa for eight years with over one million registered users, attracting zero external funding, and raking in millions of naira in revenues.

We couldn’t wait to be invited to the new Nairaland offices, so we’ve got a sneak peek for you to see that it offers a great working space for programmers, each with an ergonomic executive chair, a huge desk with ample legroom, and a lounge to nap or just chill out with all-day air conditioning, thanks to a 24-hour power generating set.

Osewa is now looking to hire about five brilliant programmers this year to help develop and maintain Nairaland’s current and future websites, who would likely be working out of that space in Ota.

Nairaland’s revenues have reportedly grown exponentially over the past year following a new ad revenue strategy for direct advertisers introduced in October 2012 which has enabled the online forum regarded as the number one website in Africa by Alexa (in terms of traffic) to monetise hugely from its content and audience.

With over 4 million unique visitors and over 35 million page views monthly, as at November 2012, Nairaland founded in March 2005, has become the leading source of information and entertainment, featuring news, sports, technology, culture, politics, religion, career, business, education and much more.

It is expected that the launch of its new offices would create meaningful employment for the unemployed youth and further contribute to the country’s economic growth.

source http://techloy.com/2013/07/31/nairaland-office-ota/

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] by ifeegee(f): 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2013
Wow!! This office looks comfy and beautiful . Don't know much about computers,so I'll just admire the space.

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] by xtr0v3rt(m): 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
Yeah but where are big screens seun opt in for huh? Cant see any o!

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] by ayobase(m): 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2013
Kudos Brother!
Its always forward ever, backward never...this is just for the time being....bigger things are still coming!

Very industrious and dedicated man.

Let me go check out if u have changed ur profile pix!

I would have asked for something on behalf of the MODs, but since they are not complaining!

I'm still looking forward to seeing Idowuogbo aka Badosky as a MOD at the Romance section....the Lady and woman has put in so much effort and time into the success of this HOUSE!

She aint complaining nor asking though!

KUDOS!

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:32am On Aug 01, 2013
Awesome. Bigger you I pray Seun..
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2013
Congrats to Seun Osewa!!!!
But uncle Seun,now that you are in a joyous celebration mood,pls unban melipsrsealed my brother Abu Mikey!! Pls........

I take the name of Chinese hackers beg you angry
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 01, 2013
This one na celebration o! oya, where should we start nominating the too-be-pampered programmers?
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] by onegig(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2013
Seun where make i submit my cv...You need some weird computer engineers to help you maintain those systems...lol

Anyway...congrats...Way over due though!

Na multi platform app we dey wait for now....Congrats
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 01, 2013
^^^take am eazy nao
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] by Slyr0x: 10:00am On Aug 01, 2013
Nice one
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Nairaland Is Launching Its New Offices In Ota Soon [PHOTO] by Slyr0x: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2013

(1)

Acquire Special Web Skills On Wordpress,joomla,magento,opencart And Php / What Online Ads Do You Use? And Have They Worked For You? / Beware..... Laughnigerian(facebook: Mixta Morgan) Is A SCAMMER!