Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians (4215 Views)

Black Christians = Uncle Toms / Black Christians, What Racial Image Do You See When You Imagine... / Pastor Chris And T.b Joshua Are Satanic. (pst Chris Is A White Demon) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
noblefada:

Slavery as I said earlier was a norm in those days, that's why God said they may buy, but not their brethren, but allow them go free, if u read further down, showing it was not what was fully sanction by God. And pls the Psalms 2 u quoted has nothing to do with slavery.

Wait so God supported slavery of other people by Jews? See your life? Dey change mouth dey go

1 Like

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Mranony: 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are very shallow.

Too shallow to realise that a person can fight one version of slavery and accept another.

black Christian aboligionists are the example.

Get smart bro
This reply still doesn't show how a black christian opposing the white man's tyranny is equivalent to doing anything to please the white man including betraying his fellow black men.

If you cannot back up your claim, you have no business making it.
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Mranony: 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
plaetton: Obviously so.
What?? Obviously so?? Do you even have any idea what you are saying??

It does not take away their individual contributions.
I don't think you know what an uncle tom is. let me help you:

An "Uncle Tom" is a black man who will do anything to stay in good standing with "the white man" including betray his own people.

Now please tell me exactly how a christian anti-slavery activist like Martin Luther King Jr fits that description. Also, is Barack Obama claiming to be an Uncle Tom when he claims to be a Christian?

What exactly is your point?
Are you insinuating that the white dude is wrong or misinformed?
Yes he is wrong and he commits the false equivalence fallacy

A black christian is a walking , breathing oxymoron.
A walking contradiction.
Something that makes no sense.
Exactly how is being black and christian contradictory?

Are you surprised that the man's life is the most fragmented and confused?

You are smart enough to understand that, but too ashamed to admit it.
I don't think you have the slightest idea what you are talking about. Please don't let your anti-religious bigotry get the better of you.
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Mranony: 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
plaetton:

This is absolutely nonsense.
This is what all you mindless uncle toms use to console yourself and heal your conscience.
" my Christianity is the best christianity" or " Their christianity was not the good christianity".

If there exists, or ever existed a bad christianity, then christanity, in whatever form , is inherently bad.
Poor logic. This is just as bad as saying if there ever existed a bad cake, then cakes in what ever form are inherently bad.

If the white slave traders that converted their slaves to christianity did not see anything wrong with it, if the pius catholic priests cannot see anything wrong while molesting children, if the Adeboyes, Oyedepos, the Oyahkilomes, etc, cannot see anything wrong in fleecing the poor, then on which planet can one find this "GOOD" christianity that is truly representative of Jesus?
One is only a Christian to the extent he or she imitates Christ and not how well the person imitates "pastors" and "preists"

This christianity, or that chrstianity is never good enough, that is why we have over 10,000 denominations of christianity.

As a thinking person, does that not strike you, even for a second, that something might be inherently wrong with christianity?.
As a thinking person, I don't see why I should write off a product because there are many imitations of it. In fact I would think that quality products tend to have the most imitations.

1 Like

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mr anony:
This reply still doesn't show how a black christian opposing the white man's tyranny is equivalent to doing anything to please the white man including betraying his fellow black men.

If you cannot back up your claim, you have no business making it.

What is this one saying?

Please, I dont speak Anonyism....can a sophist translate from me please?

2 Likes

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mr anony:

An "Uncle Tom" is a black man who will do anything to stay in good standing with "the white man" including betray his own people.

Anonyism- always use one the definition that supports your claim not the premise of the original argument

===================================
The phrase "Uncle Tom" has also become an epithet for a person who is slavish and excessively subservient to perceived authority figures, particularly a black person who behaves in a subservient manner to white people; or any person perceived to be a participant in the oppression of their own group
=====================================

The white guy in the video used "uncle tom" in a slightly different sense, Anony.

But knowing you, you will twist, lie and deny........sophist douchebag

1 Like

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Mranony: 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
*Kails*:
wtf does their not accepting being treated as second class citizens have to do with
Christianity being fraudulent? I don't get it!
But you have not shown that Christianity is fraudulent you have merely claimed it. Funny enough, slavers were not known to convert their slaves as many slaves were known to practice voodoo while in captivity, heck most slave owners didn't even let slaves into their church meetings. Some slave masters even resisted missionaries preaching to their slaves and severely punished slaves who would have secret prayer meetings because they felt that if their slaves were allowed to hold meetings, they would revolt.

I believe you are a rational person so please explain to me how people who believed that negroes had no souls now suddenly wanted to save them. Also explain to me how one can force Christianity on you and at the same time punish you if you showed an ability to read the bible. Think critically about what you are saying. There is little or no actual evidence suggesting that slaves were forced into christianity. Even the earliest freed slaves were inspired by the bible. Listen to the slave songs, they are filled with bible references. Consider these for instance:

Swing Low Sweet Chariot
Chorus:
Swing low, sweet chariot,
Comin' for to carry me home;
Swing low, sweet chariot,
Comin' for to carry me home.

I looked over Jordan,
And WHAT did I see,
Comin' for to carry me home,
A band of angels comin' after me,

Repeat chorus:

If you get there before I do,
Comin' for to carry me home,
Tell all my friends I'm comin' too,

Let My People Go
Go down Moses
Way down in egypt land
Tell all Pharaoes to
Let My People Go!

When Israel was in Egypt land...
Let My People Go!

Oppressed so hard they could not stand...
Let My People Go!

So the God seyeth: 'Go down, Moses
Way down in Egypt land
Tell all Pharaoes to
Let My People Go!'

So Moses went to Egypt land...
Let My People Go!

He made all Pharaoes understand...
Let My People Go!
Yes The Lord said 'Go down, Moses
Way down in Egypt land
Tell all Pharaoes to
Let My People Go!'

Thus spoke the Lord, bold Moses said:
-Let My People Go!
'If not I'll smite, your firstborn's dead'
-Let My People Go!

God-The Lord said 'Go down, Moses
Way down in Egypt land
Tell all Pharaoes to
Let My People Go!'

Tell all Pharaoes
To
Let My People Go

Do you really mean to tell me that white slave masters were flogging slaves (sometimes killing them) for singing these songs and reading the bible, holding prayers or daring to attend their churches while at the same time forcing them into the faith that was inspiring these things? Please get real.

the right to freedom and wanting equal rights are BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS. You don't need religion to want to be free.
This part just makes me laugh because you equally don't need religion to be a slave master. You cannot have it both ways. You cannot claim on one hand that slave masters were inspired by Christianity only to write off the same Christianity when presented with evidence that slavery abolitionists were inspired by their deeply held Christian faith (then all of a sudden you play the humanity card)
Once again, please get real.

3 Likes

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Mranony: 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
Logicboy03:
===================================
The phrase "Uncle Tom" has also become an epithet for a person who is slavish and excessively subservient to perceived authority figures, particularly a black person who behaves in a subservient manner to white people; or any person perceived to be a participant in the oppression of their own group
=====================================
Good, now please show how self-professing Black Christians like Martin Luther King Jnr, Rosa Parks, Barack Obama, Frederic Douglass e.t.c. fit this description of yours

The rest of your post was worthless to the topic by the way
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by anonystopgap: 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
@Kails, just in case you have never heard Negro Spirituals sung, Here's Let My People Go Louis Armstrong's rendition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EfwBWgg0

Now please convince me of your theory that White slave masters forced christianity on their negro slaves. Did they compose the Negro Spirituals and force their slaves to sing them too. Please do yourself a favour and get real
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Vansnickers: 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
Thoniameek: Haha! am not new to conversations like these, i just seem to be blessed with them where ever i find myself. And frankly you guys attract me a lot, can't help but be marveled at such ignorance, mehn! it's so massive, were it be sometime ago i would be laughing but now, all i can do is pity.

Is this person for Real?!

1 Like

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Vansnickers: 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
hisblud: Oh my my....slavery ... slavery....

Oh what news.... Oh its because the slave traffickers, trafficking some ladies to italy for s.ex slavery is because they are following the instructions in the bible... angry

Oh gosh... why have the great freethinkers not have the courage to abolish the live slave s.ex trades in thailand, italy of our modern world like William Wilberforce and his compatriots did?

Why will william wilberforce turn around to condemn and finally successfully abolish the practice that the bible "encourages" ? Oh he was a freethinker acting as a Christian? tongue tongue

Hmm... even heard that the great evolutionist, C[b]harles Darwin, was a racist who kept blacks in cages as lab rats for experiment[/b]...hmm..freethinkers aka evolutionist, athiest are really morally free.... hmm

What is this nonsense?! LOL!!!! Did you imagine or dream that?! Too much Psychedelic Mushrooms abi?

1 Like

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by UyiIredia(m): 8:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

I keep saying it;

Uyi Iredia is a typical empty barrel who always tries to pass off as an intellectual. What point did he make in all the epistle he wrote in the above quote?

Lets examine his irrelevant points

-White atheists dislike black atheists groups The hell? How does that even tie in?
-Institutionalized christianity in Britain Relevance?
-Africans should stop victim mentality What? Do you see anyone here blaming whites for his personal problems?

Mtchew

While you are a dude who professes to be rational, calls himself with the word logic, fails woefully at both, and now, at reading.

- I NEVER said whites dislike black atheist groups. I said '. . . WHAT [and that's the crucial thing, what] white atheists dislike about black atheist groups.'
- I said DEISM was eminent in Britain with no mention of institutionalized Christianity.
- Actually, some people do. You in particular castigate Christians for accepting 'the white man's religion'.

SMH at your folly.
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Why you are a dude who professes to be rational, calls himself with the word logic, fails woefully at both, and now, at reading.

- I NEVER said whites dislikes atheists groups. I said '. . . WHAT [and that's the crucial thing what] white atheists dislike about blavk atheist groups.'
- I said DEISM was eminent in Britian with no mention of institutionalized Christianity.
- Actually, some people do. Hou in particular castigate Christians for accepting 'the white man's religion'.

SMH at your folly.

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by SNCOQ3(m): 10:31am On Aug 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

Thanks Kails!

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 03, 2013
^^^^
I understand that you failed in troll school

Please, remove that disgusting picture

2 Likes

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by kunlesehan(m): 1:09pm On Aug 03, 2013
now I know better ... the bible was doctored.

1 Like

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by nnofaith: 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2013
kunlesehan: now I know better ... the bible was doctored.
live free or ....

1 Like

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by noblefada: 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
kunlesehan: now I know better ... the bible was doctored.
Well u're entitle to ur opinion, which doesn't change established facts. Tell what evidence do u have that the bible was doctored, is it from the lies and half truths posted here, like this OP who claim Christianity started slavery whereas this practice has existed for hundreds of years.
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 03, 2013
noblefada:
Well u're entitle to ur opinion, which doesn't change established facts. Tell what evidence do u have that the bible was doctored, is it from the lies and half truths posted here, like this OP who claim Christianity started slavery whereas this practice has existed for hundreds of years.

no one said that christianity started slavery. Christianity started nothing. It only took cultures and ethics from its time and passed them off as "divine"

1 Like

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by wiegraf: 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2013
As with islam, xtianity cannot take the blame. Even as slavers directly quoted the book to justify their actions
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 05, 2013
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
Van snickers:

What is this nonsense?! LOL!!!! Did you imagine or dream that?! Too much Psychedelic Mushrooms abi?

Do some deep search and stop being ignorant... try some metasearch deary
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I now see what white atheists dislike about black atheist groups. The exclusivity, the needless reversion to imposition of religions through colonialism in an era tolerant of racism and the resulting decoherence in the atheist movement as a whole. The disparaging of religion on the basis of the its alleged forcing on blacks is of no consequence to whether religions are true or not. The religion must be evaluated on the basis of its claims, norms and texts and not how it is spread. The next criticism is the partiality given the fact that even our system of government and education (even to the police and army) are products of the British colonial system and were meant to safeguard their interest: education in particular isn't COMMONLY condemned on that score by atheists. The rational arguments (one would expect from anti-theists) shouldn't make an appeal to sentiments, especially so when one is being sentimental, as is clearly shown by ignoring the confutation involved (as has been pointed out): by accepting systems that find roots in slavery (eg tourism, technology and the present socio-political structure), advancing a position (ie atheism_and deism too which was most eminent in Britain) especially made popular by the whites (never mind it's not exclusive to a race) and intent to arouse hatred for institutions built on a belief where the same as is CLEARLY applicable to atheists eg RDFRS, AA, SHA etc. I end with this: Africans must rise above victim mentality !
What movement are you talking about?
What coherence?
If atheism is not supposed to be a religion, then what coherence or incoherence are you going on about?

Secondly,the way a
religion is spread is an issue since everything about the religion is supposed to be in line with it's beliefs, claims and what not!

Basically, your post is lacking in substance.
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Mranony: 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
kwangi: What movement are you talking about?
What coherence?
If atheism is not supposed to be a religion, then what coherence or incoherence are you going on about?
Are you saying that because atheism is not supposed to be a religion, it does not have to be coherent?

Secondly,the way a religion is spread is an issue since everything about the religion is supposed to be in line with it's beliefs, claims and what not!
In relation to the topic at hand: Christ and the apostles neither spread nor recommended that Christianity be spread by coercion. Christianity was not forced on negro slaves by their white masters
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
Mr anony:
Are you saying that because atheism is not supposed to be a religion, it does not have to be coherent?

In relation to the topic at hand: Christ and the apostles neither spread nor recommended that Christianity be spread by coercion. Christianity was not forced on negro slaves by their white masters

So they should divorce their experiences and history from their atheist worldview.
And it's only upon doing that,that the atheist movement will become coherent? Dem white people with their nonsense sef!

Any christian is an apostle of christ!
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by BoyDimples: 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2013
And this is what Logicboi enjoys!!! 3 things Slavery vs christianity, aethism and attacking christianity!!! What thrills him get a job
Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by plaetton: 2:30am On Aug 06, 2013
Mr anony:

Now please tell me exactly how a christian anti-slavery activist like Martin Luther King Jr fits that description. Also, is Barack Obama claiming to be an Uncle Tom when he claims to be a Christian?

I Don't care what your official definition of Uncle Tom is.
To me , any black person that falls in love with the religion of his slave masters, and the same religion that later enslaves his mind , and robs him of his cultural identity, is an uncle tom. Any black human being that prays to, or has an image of caucasian god , savior, or angel, is in my mind, an uncle tom.

Is black Obama an uncle tom? I do not think so. I think he professes christianity for mere political expediency. Through his various speeches, it is quite obvious that he mocks religion and those who subscribe to the foolishness.

Martin Luther king jnr. was a great man, but certainly an uncle tom. That is why American history and the media glorify him in far above and in contrast to Malcohm X, who was not christian, and who spoke passionately about the mental slavery of christianity.

Mr anony:

Yes he is wrong and he commits the false equivalence fallacy

No . The white dude is right on the money. He tells the truth that most white folks might not be bold enough to tell you.

What are the false equivalence fallacies that he commits?.

Mr anony:

Exactly how is being black and christian contradictory?

I don't think you have the slightest idea what you are talking about. Please don't let your anti-religious bigotry get the better of you.

A black person who willingly adopts christianity either has foggy or no memories at all.

I know exactly what I am talking about.

The slave ship called "Jesus" is a very very true, sad and very ironic metaphor for the history and present day circumstances of the black man.

The black man is still on that ship to nowhereland.

He needs to get off that goddamned ship... .use his brains ,and get a life.

1 Like

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by plaetton: 2:57am On Aug 06, 2013
Mr anony:
Poor logic. This is just as bad as saying if there ever existed a bad cake, then cakes in what ever form are inherently bad.

The logic is sound. Have you ever heard of food recalls?
If a brand of cake makes one or few people ill or death, then all cakes of that brand would be shelved, recalled or outrightly banned for public safety and health. Not so? cool

Mr anony:

One is only a Christian to the extent he or she imitates Christ and not how well the person imitates "pastors" and "preists"

Blah blah blah. Imate christ, imitate christ. Where have we heard that before?
For 2000yrs we have been hearing that, but so far, no perfect imitation so far.

If priests, with their holy robes and crucifixes, can still molest young lads without conscience, then something is wrong with the authority, the philosophy and the faith that they represent.

It is either that humans are simply not capable of doing reaching that christ state, or, that christ is just another imaginary line that the clever, rapacious, self-appointed religious elites have been deceiving humanity with.

Mr anony:

As a thinking person, I don't see why I should write off a product because there are many imitations of it. In fact I would think that quality products tend to have the most imitations.

A product can only be imitated if it truly exists.
In the case of Christ, your so-called imitations fail because the original template is less than defective, it is foggy and blurry.
The original template is a contrived fraud, so how could anything meaningful be built from it?.

Only monstrosities can emanate from such.

Monstrosities like:

1.Pious fraud,
2. Superstitions
3. Wars
4. Divisions
5. Witch huntings and inquisitions.
6. Crusades
7. More Internecine wars
8. Slavery
9. pedophile priests
10. Cultural genocides
11. prosperity fraud christianity
12. etc etc.

1 Like

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 06, 2013
Personally, I think that phrase "Uncle[b][/b] Tom" is too comfortable for these lot.
Let's call them by their rightful names: Slaves/Zombies!

1 Like

Re: A White Brother Tells The Truth About Black Christians by Nobody: 4:42am On Aug 06, 2013
@pseudo-scientist why will wilberforce betray his God, by abolishing the slave trade which was penned in the old and assumed to be encouraged in the new testament? Was he really a true saint?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Disadvantages Of Keeping Malice (true Life Story) / What Does Fasting 6 To 6 Mean? / Please, We Atheists Need Religious Translations!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.