Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) (10563 Views)

Baba Alakyo Is Safe – Ombatse / Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position / Corruption In Aviation Sector Caused Dana Air Crash – CPC Publicity Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by phemsonodukoya: 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
yes it is through that igbo constitute everywhere in lagos but why don't you go to your state and develope it why are u developing other person state while your state in terms of competitiveness is no where to be found so please u making money 4 lagos abeg to develop it own state.

Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
obitwo: Walk into any blue chip company (telecoms, banks etc) in Lagos and you will find more than 50% Yorubas

They control six out of seven different sectors dominate economic activities in Lagos State, led by manufacturing which, interestingly, contributes 29.60 percent of the state’s GDP figures. Road transport follows closely contributing an average of 26.47 percent of economic activities in the state. Other sectors in order of dominance include building and construction (19.60 percent); wholesale and retail (8.39 percent); telecommunications (3.71 percent); financial institutions (3.51 percent); and real estate (2.01 percent). The seven sectors account for 93.39 percent of economic activities in the state.

If Igbos were up to 45%, there would have at least been an Igbo mayor now. At the very least

The guy just needed to say that to massage their ego......he must be a Nairaland member.. grin grin. He knows how they loved claiming silly population figures...so anything to jerk up their ego will deflate their attention. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by obitwo: 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
Duru1: Moronic numbskulls such as Joe Igbokwe should be banished from Igbo land. I shall take pleasure to eliminate any Igbo peep that works with or serves under Yoruba in any capacity in an entity owned or founded by Yoruba.

Then start eliminating the ones in LASG, Sterling Bank, GTBank, Conoil, Glo, FCMB, FirstBank, Wema Bank, 90% of manufacturing companies in Lagos, Ogun and Oyo, airlines, telecoms companies, building construction etc.

Using Joe Igbokwe to pass this goodwill message once again attests to the smartness of Yorubas
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Geomac: 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
It is a political statement just make them relevant and massage their ego.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by XOCONOCHCO: 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2013
Fashola must be crying himself to lunch this afternoon, the old boi thought all this would go down quietly hence the reunion at 3.am but it has blown up into a socio-political disaster. Surely,any 2015 plans for APC will be up in smoke.Tinubu must be kicking himself.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by hotwax: 12:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
ACN Lagos (Tinubu/Fasola etc) says Igbos are 45% of Lagos. How do you deal with that?

If you are 45%, what makes hausas? 105% ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pe were ni brother, ko le je ka ri imu mi.

Lets call a mad man boss so we can breath easily.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Btruth: 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

Hey!! Igbos are 45% of Lagos as we already know, and as confirmed by ACN Lagos. What sayest thou to that?

........keep dreaming. Better for you to realize now that you are been deceived. ......what else do you do for a child that kept on crying for a popcorn?

......lol
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by nyabingi(m): 1:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
Virgin Finder:

As far as the Ndjigbos pay tax to the Ojo LGA and LASG. No problem. We need you to milk you.

When the land lease tenor is over, you will wake up to the grim reality.

Ah!Egbon mi, a yoruba man is always a yoruba man, always thinking they are smart when they aren't ! if the land lease tenor is your consolation then you have missed it, an Igbo man will never enter into business with you without weighing the legal implications, (check the bottom of your receipt of purchase), the tenement expires in 99years and there is always room for renewal or re-acquisitions, but if the retarded yoruba man doesn't want that then he'd pay me the value of my landed property which could be any amount, so bro we know all those jargon but the bottom line is that i own the property for almost 100years can you beat that?...and talking about paying tax that's not my problem because i pay less than i ought to since i don't declare my full net profit to you lazy govt and i still have other investment in the east because im not a fool to put all my eggs in one basket!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by superstar1(m): 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
they are astute businessmen but sadly they are dumb and not smart one bit.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Atouke: 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
superstar1: they are astute businessmen but sadly they are dumb and not smart one bit.

and you consider yourself smart? Me think your caliphate kowtowing thiefinubu godfather and his transplant godson fashola are the smart ones, with their wonderful idea of deportation of Nigerians in their own country.

next they will deport you to your osun forest and they will still be smart by your estimation.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by dozai: 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
Brimmie: Fashola knows what he's doing!! He's 100% On-check!! Igbo ppl shld stop being tribalistic and view this issue like a Nigerian. Stop playing cheap politics.

Besides, Lagos won't be the first to transport ppl to their states instead of causing havoc to them selves by getting raped under the bridge, being introduced to Gang (robbers),, being used for rituals... and not causing havoc to the society by polluting it.

It is done in US.. So why crying out lord for God's sake?? I thought the Northerners were the one holding us back, i was wrong!!

[size=20]New York City, Baton Rouge and San Francisco have all tried similar programs. New York City implemented its version in 2007, flying more than 550 homeless people back to their families in places like Paris, Orlando, and San Juan (the most popular destination), according to a 2009 article in the New York Times. Homeless advocates vehemently opposed the scheme. “What we’re doing is passing the problem of homelessness to another city,” Arnold S. Cohen, CEO of Partnership for the Homeless, told the Times. “We’re taking people from a shelter bed here to the living room couch of another family. Essentially, this family is still homeless.”[/size]

Read The Full Article Here http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/31/hawaii-offers-homeless-one-way-tickets-out-of-state/
Just look at yourself. Is it not supposed to be a bilateral agreement between the 2 states
Which one is d right thing to do. Hand them over to their state government or to drop them in no man's land under the cover of darkness.
We should always allow reason and common sense to take the lead not emotions.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by superstar1(m): 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
@ Atouke,

you are here again. LOL.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by nmaihat: 1:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
See how the blame is being shifted to PDP as if it was PDP that bundled the Igbos to Onitsha at 3am just so they would be 'reunited' with their families.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Duru1(m): 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
obitwo:

Then start eliminating the ones in LASG, Sterling Bank, GTBank, Conoil, Glo, FCMB, FirstBank, Wema Bank, 90% of manufacturing companies in Lagos, Ogun and Oyo, airlines, telecoms companies, building construction etc.

Using Joe Igbokwe to pass this goodwill message once again attests to the smartness of Yorubas

The above crap is ranting of malnourished dumbass. The list of business entities in your useless post showed you are not even a learner.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2013
dayokanu:

If your 45% dont make an Ibo win Lagos governorship then what should we call you?

So, how many igbos contested in the Lagos elections?

The problem with u ppl is that u dont know y igbos are all over d world, lagos inclusive.
they are there to make money and not to contest for presidential elections in China or govern Sokoto.

If we have intl ports both air and water in SE, do u think we would have been interested in igbo presidency?

We would have been making our money from the ports so that d rest over of the country will be killing themselves over the seat.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Duru1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
nmaihat: See how the blame is being shifted to PDP as if it was PDP that bundled the Igbos to Onitsha at 3am just so they would be 'reunited' with their families.

Point of Correction!!! There are two or more Igbo in the deported group as large number of them hailed from other southern or northern Nigerian states.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
Btruth:

........keep dreaming. Better for you to realize now that you are been deceived. ......what else do you do for a child that kept on crying for a popcorn?

......lol

all u need to do is prove the stats wrong by providing evidence.

Methinks, igbo population was even 42 percent, now its even 45.
Hurray!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by superstar1(m): 1:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
ngozievergreen:

The problem with u ppl is that u dont know y igbos are all over d world, lagos inclusive.
they are there to make money and not to contest for presidential elections in China or govern Sokoto.

If we have intl ports both air and water in SE, do u think we would have been interested in igbo presidency?

We would have been making our money from the ports so that d rest over of the country will be killing themselves over the seat.

there is a planned port for onitsha. if your govs know that that is the key, they should come together and build it. or better steal, all the money you are spending other places can be pooled together to build it and name it Ndigbo State Port. Who cares.

if that is actually your reason for not staying in your enclave.

See, I do not have a prob with any of you, I have friends that are good family friends that are Ibos, i dont tknow where some NL Ibos got this there fake arrogant superior feelings from. these will continue to affect peoples perception opinion and view about your people. the truth is, re-orientate your people and live and let;s live.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by superstar1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
ngozievergreen:

there is a planned port for onitsha. if your govs know that that is the key, they should come together and build it. or better still, all the money you are spending other places can be pooled together to build it and name it Ndigbo State Port. Who cares. Same goes for the Airport.

See, I do not have a prob with any of you, I have friends that are good family friends that are Ibos, i dont tknow where some NL Ibos got this there fake arrogant superior feelings from. these will continue to affect peoples perception opinion and view about your people. the truth is, re-orientate your people and live and let;s live.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Josh316(m): 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
No vex o! Abeg, WHICH ACN I thot its now APC? So is he the Publicity secretary of APC Nna ehn?
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by samkoro: 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
dayokanu: And let them use their 45% power to control the politics. Once you control the politics No one would reunite you with your families in Ebonyi

If Ibos are 45% what percentage are Deltans, Calabar, Middle Belt and hausas Never mind Yorubas

They simply tell mumus what they want to hear and they swallow it

That is to tell you that A.C.N ,Fashola and Joe Igbokwe are liars.PDP is the prefered destination. PDP is a national party.Its not an ethnocentric Party like A.C N.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
www.nairaland.com/777575/sacked-non-indigenes-lament-abia-compiles

ORJI UZOR KALU SHOULD FIRST APOLOGISE TO IGBOS FROM OTHER STATE THAT ABIA SACKED BEFORE ASKING FASHOLA TO APOLOGISE TO IGBOS...... I LAUGH WHEN I SEE IGBOS ON NAIRALAND SCREAMING DISCRIMINATION AGAINST IGBOS FROM OTHER NIGERIANS WHEN THEY EVEN DISCRIMINATE AGAINST EACHOTHER, EVEN IN IGBO LAND....... I KNOW THAT ANY YORUBA FROM ANY STATE CAN WORK FOR THE CIVIL SERVICE OF ANY YORUBA STATE.....THAT IS LOVE AND BROTHERLINESS, ALL YOU IGNORANT IGBOS THAT COME HERE AND BLAB RUBBISH, LOOK WITHIN YOURSELF AND STOP BEING INTERNET ADVOCATE BECAUSE YOU GET FREE GIGABYTES FROM ETISALAT
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by swizzle(m): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
I wonder how dumping some people in the middle of nowhere translates to reuniting them with their families. People should stop allowing emotions cloud their judgement. If some yoruba or hausa people are rounded up and dumped at a certain location in Kano or Lagos it is equally as bad. If you really want to reunite them with their families the least you can do is to liase with their state governments. PEOPLE SHOULD STOP JUSTIFYING NONSENSE. And all these yoruba people here...you people should realise that igbos contribute more to lagos than you give them credit for. I do not know if you guys ignore that fact just to be spiteful. The igbos should also not come into someone's backyard and want to claim landlord. You contribute a lot to lagos yes but you do not need to blow trumpet about that...the unbiased know this already.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 01, 2013
swizzle: I wonder how dumping some people in the middle of nowhere translates to reuniting them with their families. People should stop allowing emotions cloud their judgement. If some yoruba or hausa people are rounded up and dumped at a certain location in Kano or Lagos it is equally as bad. If you really want to reunite them with their families the least you can do is to liase with their state governments. PEOPLE SHOULD STOP JUSTIFYING NONSENSE. And all these yoruba people here...you people should realise that igbos contribute more to lagos than you give them credit for. I do not know if you guys ignore that fact just to be spiteful. The igbos should also not come into someone's backyard and want to claim landlord. You contribute a lot to lagos yes but you do not need to blow trumpet about that...the unbiased know this already.
Are you deaf?..... your igbo governor of anambra state did nothing when notified...... Akwa ibom , being a responsible government accepted its citizens that were constituting nuisance in Lagos
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2013
superstar1:

there is a planned port for onitsha. if your govs know that that is the key, they should come together and build it. or better still, all the money you are spending other places can be pooled together to build it and name it Ndigbo State Port. Who cares. Same goes for the Airport.

answer my question , are igbos in lagos to contest governorship elections or to make money?

Your fella said that wt our 45 percent, we have not produced an igbo guvnor in Lag.
Agreed, but then, which igbo man left for Lagos with elections on his mind?
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by topazjosh(m): 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
proO1:

The lazy vultures know that, but they are too dishonest to admit it. The Lagos they are doing shakara with is ENTIRELY a product of national investment like you rightly pointed out, having long been Nigeria's FEDERAL CAPITAL until as recently as the early 1990s. This explains why the rest of the south-west (with the exception of Ondo State, lol) are largely relics of a lost age, reminiscent of pre-industrial agrarian societies. That's why they all want to claim Lagos as their birthright.

Igbo people are making the same developmental strides in Abuja, being the current FCT, with a significant number of real estate and industrial/commercial concerns owned by Igbo people. Possibly, sometime in the future, some cattle-rearers would emerge from the dusty plains of Suleja and the wilderness of Keffi to claim Abuja as their birthright and ask Igbo people there to go back to their village. Such is the madness and cruel joke called Nigeria.
bro u be one of those pple wey I dey always get issue with 4 nairaland,die hard a c n blind followers and illiterate flat head who haven't bn 2 lagos before claiming lagos,two set of pple I dislike on NL,why u dey exclude ondo state unto say na LP abi,na this kind tin we dey use Bleep oursef up,how many igbos dey criticise okorocha unto say him dey A P C?
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
lookooman: www.nairaland.com/777575/sacked-non-indigenes-lament-abia-compiles

ORJI UZOR KALU SHOULD FIRST APOLOGISE TO IGBOS FROM OTHER STATE THAT ABIA SACKED BEFORE ASKING FASHOLA TO APOLOGISE TO IGBOS...... I LAUGH WHEN I SEE IGBOS ON NAIRALAND SCREAMING DISCRIMINATION AGAINST IGBOS FROM OTHER NIGERIANS WHEN THEY EVEN DISCRIMINATE AGAINST EACHOTHER, EVEN IN IGBO LAND....... I KNOW THAT ANY YORUBA FROM ANY STATE CAN WORK FOR THE CIVIL SERVICE OF ANY YORUBA STATE.....THAT IS LOVE AND BROTHERLINESS, ALL YOU IGNORANT IGBOS THAT COME HERE AND BLAB RUBBISH, LOOK WITHIN YOURSELF AND STOP BEING INTERNET ADVOCATE BECAUSE YOU GET FREE GIGABYTES FROM ETISALAT

state govt parastatals should be handled by at least 80 percent of d indigenes.

I dont have a problem with abia state cos most states at one time or d other have done so in d past.

Dont divert the topic, or are u too saying igbos wanted to be lagos guvnors or dominate their civil service? Suswam made a statement, what do u say abt that?
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
ngozievergreen:

state govt parastatals should be handled by at least 80 percent of d indigenes.

I dont have a problem with abia state cos most states at one time or d other have done so in d past.

Dont divert the topic, or are u too saying igbos wanted to be lagos guvnors or dominate their civil service? Suswam made a statement, what do u say abt that?
IF ANYONE WANTS TO TALK ABOUT THE ISSUE ON GROUND, IT SHOULDNT BE ORJI UZOR KALU...HE IS SEEKING POLITICAL RELEVANCE AGAINST COMING ELECTIONS....I LIVED IN BENUE STATE, THE ONLY THING IGBOS DO THERE IS SELL IN THE MARKET AND IF YOU DONT KNOW, THERE ARE NO INDUSTRIES IN BENUE STATE WORTH ANY IGBO MANS SWEAT, IF THERE ARE NO IGBOS IN BENUE, THE STATE WILL SURVIVE........ AGAIN WHY IS IT THAT ANY YORUBA FROM ANY STATE CAN WORK IN ANY YORUBA STATE AND ITS TRUE FOR HAUSALAND ALSO, WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE IN IGBO LAND, NO UNITY AMONG IGBOS WHICH WE ALL KNOW, THAT IS WHY PETER OBI REFUSED TO RESPOND TO FASHOLA WHEN CONTACTED ABOUT THOSE DESTITUTES, SO WHY THE FOUL SRIES NOW/
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by swizzle(m): 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
Are you deafhuh?..... your igbo governor of anambra state did nothing when notified...... Akwa ibom , being a responsible government accepted its citizens that were constituting nuisance in Lagos

why are you being an excited he goat? undecided
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by superstar1(m): 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2013
ngozievergreen:

answer my question , are igbos in lagos to contest governorship elections or to make money?

Your fella said that wt our 45 percent, we have not produced an igbo guvnor in Lag.
Agreed, but then, which igbo man left for Lagos with elections on his mind?

jamb question?

so you are just knowing that. when you were running your mouth that you are 99%, your ancestors own Lagos, you did not know that you are to make money and to go back to your enclave in peace.
Re: Lagos Is Safe For Igbos - Joe Igbokwe (ACN Publicity Secretary) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
swizzle:

why are you being an excited he goat? undecided

LIKE YOUR IGBO PROGENITORS?

WHEN YOU ARE ONLY CRYING FOUL WHERE THERE I NONE,,,,,,,,,

I FORGOT EWU IS THE SECOND NAME OF ALL IGBOS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Air Force Operation "Forest Storm" Destroys More Illegal Oil Refineries (Video) / Keyamo: APC Has No Overall Leader In Delta State / Ebonyi Deputy Speaker, Odefa Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.