Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Is It Always Abt The Money? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Always Abt The Money? (932 Views)

6 Things Romance Section Of Nairaland can Make You To Think Abt The Opposite Sex / Lets Rub Minds!! Wht Do U Think Abt The 11 Years Legal Age For S*x In Nigeria? / How Do I Collect Back The Money I Spent On My Gf?(advice Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Always Abt The Money? by WebMonk(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2008
Disclaimer: This is not a cause for generalization. this is a real story.
Note to moderator: if there is a similar topic, act accordingly.

There are things people will do for money, guys and women, but some are more painful than others.

There was a lady in our set. She was young, intelligent, smart, she's won a beauty pageant, the 9/10. We were friends, so i know this much. Word got out she was dating a married high roller in abuja.that was then.

Recently i just found out she got pregnant for him shortly after we left school. As expected, he got her a house in abuja and so on. What kills me in this story is i got to see the picture of the couple. The man is certainly old enough to be her father!

I used to say "whatever floats your boat", but people, is it really about the money?
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by acidrop(f): 12:14pm On May 29, 2008
it might be love undecided
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by WebMonk(m): 12:37pm On May 29, 2008
acidrop:

it might be love undecided

I thought so at first, since that's the only logical explanation. But then i saw the picture, and then lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by krama(m): 12:38pm On May 29, 2008
So many things, including lack of brains, could have transformed her into a concubine.
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by krama(m): 12:41pm On May 29, 2008
By the way the story reminded me of Bianca. . .
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by Persona82(m): 12:45pm On May 29, 2008
Always: NO
Mostly: YES

Generally It has to be in the picture somewhere
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by cixluv(f): 12:49pm On May 29, 2008
post their pic lets work with facts.
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by smarta(m): 1:35pm On May 29, 2008
[size=14pt]My answer is YES. Mostly, we try to deny it. But in reality, we all know its always about the MONEY.[/size]

OR why else will a young girl go out with someone as old as his father. Believe me it has nothing to do with love.
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by davidt(m): 3:24pm On May 29, 2008
Basically, I think it's all about the money. I also believe she just needs someone to take care of the baby she has for this guy and she is definitely not going to be going out with him exclusively. She is gonna have her own guy (a young guy), it's just the money.
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by buzyDiva(f): 3:36pm On May 29, 2008
na today?

What else will make a young girl marry a man old enuff if not older than her grandfather.

krama:

By the way the story reminded me of Bianca. . .

lol. . . first thing tha came to my mind as well.
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by Godalone(m): 3:41pm On May 29, 2008
There is no love here,it is money that is speaking.How can a young lady marry a man that is old enough to be her father? It is money and nothing more.
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by WebMonk(m): 8:11pm On May 29, 2008
cixluv:

post their pic lets work with facts.

Can't do. Why? to prove my story is genuine? she's in her early 20s while he's reaching 60. guess those facts will have to do sad
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by Cristalz(f): 8:23pm On May 29, 2008
Its not always about the money.A girl could actually love a man 20 years older than herself.
But 20 - 60? Jeez,definitely money!

[s]Perhaps she plans to murder him later and inherit his wealth [/s] grin
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by superboi(m): 8:33pm On May 29, 2008
who says it cant be love? is because he is old and have money and she is young and broke?if you say she love him because of his money because he is old,are you trying to say the fine young girl(miss 9/10)cant find a young rich guy?it just might be love. na only she fit know
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by superboi(m): 8:35pm On May 29, 2008
hello cristalz will u marry me am ferguson. grin grin
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by Cristalz(f): 8:54pm On May 29, 2008
@superboi
I'm sure Ferguson has no idea therez any web forum called Nairaland tongue

Anyway my dear,no wahala.Feel free to be Sir Bobby Charlton grin.Just send your application to me via email.I'll deal with it when Santa gets flat abs.
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by superboi(m): 8:59pm On May 29, 2008
so you are not marrying me because you think i feggy is too old for de internet?hows abuja?
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by Cristalz(f): 9:07pm On May 29, 2008
superboi:

so you are not marrying me because you think i feggy is too old for de internet?hows abuja?

Lol grin grin grin
I didn't say Fergie's too old for the internet. grin Is anybody ever too old for the internet?I'm not marrying you cos i'm engaged to a Japanese sumo wrestler grin

Abj's aiight.Quiet today cos of the hol,except for all dem entertainment hotspots.
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by superboi(m): 9:22pm On May 29, 2008
planning to cum ova to watch de game
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by ima1(f): 9:51pm On May 29, 2008
its not surprising because almost all young naija women today want already made husband, the want to reap where they did not sow, they do not want to build something with a man from the ground up. alot of them wanna come to the U.S thinking it is all bed of roses. so yeah it happens but i dunno when they will learn
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by Suntemi(m): 8:55am On May 30, 2008
The issue is most ladies now adays ain't ready to suffer with anyone, even guyz too. So I wouldn't be surprise if I hear tommorrow that a lady is dating a man old enough to be her grandpa and vice versa. U know na EGO we dey talk about here.
Re: Is It Always Abt The Money? by acidrop(f): 8:56am On May 30, 2008
lol @ poster can u describe wat's in d pic

(1) (Reply)

Is It True:that A Woman Needs A Reason To Cheat, While A Man Just Needs A Woman? / Double Dating / Privacy Vs Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.