Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Soludo Officially Joins APGA! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Officially Joins APGA! (11299 Views)

Dr Ben Carson Officially Joins USA Presidential Race. / Apc's Reply To Prof Charles Soludo / Occupy Nigeria Gets Better As Pengassan Officially Joins: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by giles14(m): 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
soludo i knw u hav won d eletion already,but b4 u start wit anambra's money pls devlop osha and nnewi cos revenue gotten from dis two cities combine is bigger dan dat of lagos.and by d tym u ar tru our igbo brodas wil not tink twice about relocatin back ot d east
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by asha80(m): 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
giles14: soludo i knw u hav won d eletion already,but b4 u start wit anambra's money pls devlop osha and nnewi cos revenue gotten from dis two cities combine is bigger dan dat of lagos.and by d tym u ar tru our igbo brodas wil not tink twice about relocatin back ot d east
guy get real with that your osha nnewi lagos comparision.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by Noneroone(m): 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
The factors i consider important in this election are political party, political personality and precedence. while apga,apc and PDP are the most important parties, PDP is in shambles, apga has less problem, while apc is the most compact. Apc is a new party in anambra politics that needs rugged campaign to re-enact the populism that acn in anambra was known for, i cannot say it is an excellent platform that can deliver a candidate within three months. On the part of apga, the lack of grassroot structure despite staying eight years in the state, its wanning popularity resulting from bad governance from obi's govt may affect its chances. In fact, the party manages to exist by conjuring up ethnic and religious sentiments. PDP on its part has potentials but internal wrangglings and impositions might emasculate the party
On the issue of personality, soludo is known internationally as an economic expert but his decision to join apga, a party he heavily critisized for being too ethnic, leaves me doubting his political sagacity.also his take on obi's performance and his desire to consolidate on it keeps me doubting his competence. Ngige has been tried tasted and indeed trusted. Though he has not excellently defended that in the senate so far, the two and half years magic still lives on. Many including me believe apc is a wrong party, but his desision to remain with the party makes him a man of principle. Uba also has political personality. He has been 'annointed' by the PDP on the advice of OBJ. But having ngige as his enemy especially now he is backed by OBJ, ngige's prime enemy, whom he will not like to dictate the future of the state, ngige might chose to make uba's failure his first priority. After all my first choce is ngige. Nevertheless they are all good believing none of them will be as bad as obi in terms of performance.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by Ugo50: 1:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
He should have join it as igbo party not as race man. Well good for him, i wil vote him becos of igbo party. Dats all.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by PureNigerian: 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
Soludo is a political prostitute just like the others.
If he is a man of integrity that believes in his policies
and visions for Anambra, he would have stayed in PDP and slug it out.
Chicken
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by ChristKid1: 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
Dochris:
your statement does not only shows that you are not from Anambra as well, but a core enemy to Ndi-Anambra.

How
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by Everking(m): 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
Gud game by peter obi,now APGA can boast of a credible candidate.Congrats His Excellency,Soludo.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by Everking(m): 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
Gud game by peter obi,now APGA can boast of a credible candidate.Congrats His Excellency,Soludo. ;DGud game by peter obi,now APGA can boast of a credible candidate.Congrats His Excellency,Soludo.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by dozai: 1:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
Noneroone: The factors i consider important in this election are political party, political personality and precedence. while apga,apc and PDP are the most important parties, PDP is in shambles, apga has less problem, while apc is the most compact. Apc is a new party in anambra politics that needs rugged campaign to re-enact the populism that acn in anambra was known for, i cannot say it is an excellent platform that can deliver a candidate within three months. On the part of apga, the lack of grassroot structure despite staying eight years in the state, its wanning popularity resulting from bad governance from obi's govt may affect its chances. In fact, the party manages to exist by conjuring up ethnic and religious sentiments. PDP on its part has potentials but internal wrangglings and impositions might emasculate the party
On the issue of personality, soludo is known internationally as an economic expert but his decision to join apga, a party he heavily critisized for being too ethnic, leaves me doubting his political sagacity.also his take on obi's performance and his desire to consolidate on it keeps me doubting his competence. Ngige has been tried tasted and indeed trusted. Though he has not excellently defended that in the senate so far, the two and half years magic still lives on. Many including me believe apc is a wrong party, but his desision to remain with the party makes him a man of principle. Uba also has political personality. He has been 'annointed' by the PDP on the advice of OBJ. But having ngige as his enemy especially now he is backed by OBJ, ngige's prime enemy, whom he will not like to dictate the future of the state, ngige might chose to make uba's failure his first priority. After all my first choce is ngige. Nevertheless they are all good believing none of them will be as bad as obi in terms of performance.
Uba is my brother. but id rather chew my voters card than to support him. Tufiakwa. Ala ekwela ngwere gba aji.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by dozai: 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
Uba Andy as governor will be the worst thing to happen to anambra state. Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by kingbang: 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Nwanne,it will not work. This is gonna be tough. Honestly,I want Soludo to lead Anambra but he came at the wrong time. Anambra north dominate the party and he is still new. He should just wait because Peter Obi wants a northern candidaate but I don't want Soludo to lose. He must be patient and do his homework very well ,before he loses again. Apga is a very dynamic party; The party doesn't respect big names nor money bags. Ifeanyi Uba and Annie Okonkwo were former Apga members of Apga,now,where are they ? Apga is a gathering of the WISE that's why most people don't last because they don't fit in. Like Rochas Okorocha!

Word has it that Obaze has been told to stand down by Obi. (I am a card carrying APGA member anyway smiley)
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
kingbang:

Word has it that Obaze has been told to stand down by Obi. (I am a card carrying APGA member anyway smiley)

The Oseleke guy does not have the popularity to face the Ngiges and ubas of this world.Soludo is the killer punch that APGA really needs.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by asha80(m): 2:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
kingbang:

i wonder how obaze is going to take it.it is like walking on egg shells.obi really needs all the political sagacity he can muster to wade through this because he was the one that championed this anambra north of a thing.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by kingbang: 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
asha 80: i wonder how obaze is going to take it.it is like walking on egg shells.obi really needs all the political sagacity he can muster to wade through this because he was the one that championed this anambra north of a thing.

Heard he was promised a ministerial slot. Anyway i think he realized it will be difficult for him to defeat Andy Ubah and Ngige. Soludo's candidacy is a masterstroke by APGA. WE ROCK!!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by malele(m): 2:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
billante: Nigeria is making progress, no matter what the enemies make us think!

First it was APC finally being registered and now soludo officially going for the governorship race under APGA!

GEJ is no tyrant, he allows a level playing open field for politics, kudos to him.

obaino clinton
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by asha80(m): 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
kingbang:

Heard he was promised a ministerial slot. Anyway i think he realized it will be difficult for him to defeat Andy Ubah and Ngige. Soludo's candidacy is a masterstroke by APGA. WE ROCK!!! smiley smiley smiley
if they have that kind of agreement then better(not sure how it is going to be done though without gej approval).everyone in the fold hasto be kept happy.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by funshint(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
Well since Chris Ngige is coming from Anambra central; the battle will be won by whoever can appeal most to the people of Anambra North since they've been told to chill for nw.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by kingbang: 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
chukwudi44:

The Oseleke guy does not have the popularity to face the Ngiges and ubas of this world.Soludo is the killer punch that APGA really needs.

you are absolutely right!
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by kingbang: 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
asha 80: if they have that kind of agreement then better(not sure how it is going to be done though without gej approval).everyone in the fold hasto be kept happy.

Obi's relationship with GEJ assures that! Trust me, there wont be much opposition to Soludo's candidacy from APGA faithfuls.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by asha80(m): 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2013
kingbang:

Obi's relationship with GEJ assures that! Trust me, there wont be much opposition to Soludo's candidacy from APGA faithfuls.
just heard that ekwunife has folded her campaign for soludo.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by FSU: 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
I am happy that the Anambra election precedes the national election. That way Soludo will be on the ground already before 2015, and other SE states will want to elect those who will ''match'' him in their various states. That way, a ripple effect of development is created in Igboland. Soludo the man. May God guide you and open the eyes of all Anambrarians to see that you are what is needed now.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by Jisunpack: 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2013

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has
arrested the former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
and an aspirant in the 2010 governorship poll in Anambra State,
Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo.

His arrest, according to a source at the EFCC office in Abuja, was in
connection with the Australian polymer banknotes bribery scam,
which occurred between 2006 and 2008 when he held sway as CBN
governor. Confirming his arrest, Head of Publicity of EFCC, Wilson
Uwujaren said Soludo was arrested yesterday morning, adding that
he was in the custody of the commission.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/efcc-arrests-soludo/

1 Like

Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by Jisunpack: 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2013
[size=38pt]Say NO to thieves!! [/size]

1 Like

Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by kingbang: 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
cry
asha 80: just heard that ekwunife has folded her campaign for soludo.
Dunno about that but i personally know she was consulted too before Soludo was accepted.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by billante(m): 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
malele:

obaino clinton

chukwuma do i know you?
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by doncartel: 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
This is an excellent move by Soludo. I can see a major landslide victory coming up. God has given Anambra the direction for the next coming years. Its now time for seriousness, competence and performance. Development all the way!!! Soludo ka anyi ga eso ma ona jeje ma ona nana Soludo ka anyi ga eso!!!!!!
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by OpinionLeader: 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
Great news!

I like Chris Ngige as a person but his choice of party affiliation really puts me off.

Previously, I have never been comfortable with the tribal party called ACN not to talk of now that they have entered into unholy alliance with CPC and others.

However, those who think APGA is dead should think again. I expect some notable politicians from other South-Eastern states of Imo, Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi to tow same line i.e. decamp from PDP to APGA.

I also wish he won't be another Rochas Okorocha who used APGA as a platform to become governor only to engage in political prostitution without respect to those who voted him into power.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by rareman(m): 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
Now that we are here, what can we do to help, it is obvious that majority (including me) here want him to be the next governor of Anambra state. But we must go beyond the euphoria of joining APGA and work towards his success, not only at the election also when he finally assumes office.
What can we do to help, I ask again because most of us here might be Anambrans residing outside the state and minds of the people on ground are not the same.
During the last election I called my elder brother who is based in Onitsha to ask how the election is going and to know how he intends to vote. Infact I asked him how is soludo doing, he asked back immediately WHO is soludo.
My point here is that intellectuals might want a Soludo but what of the market men and women who do not understand how a Soludo is wired. The truth is that Soludo will not want to play politics of bags of rice but will keep up the message of his VISION of dubai of Africa, not many ll flow with him.
Umu nnem ka anyi nyeru nwanne anyi aka ka obodo anyi di mma, ogwu nu ka ora m n'onu.
The battle is half won anyway

1 Like

Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by asha80(m): 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
rareman: Now that we are here, what can we do to help, it is obvious that majority (including me) here want him to be the next governor of Anambra state. But we must go beyond the euphoria of joining APGA and work towards his success, not only at the election also when he finally assumes office.
What can we do to help, I ask again because most of us here might be Anambrans residing outside the state and minds of the people on ground are not the same.
During the last election I called my elder brother who is based in Onitsha to ask how the election is going and to know how he intends to vote. Infact I asked him how is soludo doing, he asked back immediately WHO is soludo.
My point here is that intellectuals might want a Soludo but what of the market men and women who do not understand how a Soludo is wired. The truth is that Soludo will not want to play politics of bags of rice but will keep up the message of his VISION of dubai of Africa, not many ll flow with him.
Umu nnem ka anyi nyeru nwanne anyi aka ka obodo anyi di mma, ogwu nu ka ora m n'onu.
The battle is half won anyway
good point.
Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by AfricaFace(f): 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
Can't even understand this Soludo of a guy... his I too know attitude that threw him out of CBN is dragging him into another mess.. from one party to another... what is he looking for.. I thought he is just an academician...my ANamabra people , please don't be deceived by this guys big English.. for his 3 or 4 years in CBN... he couldn't bring any commercial bank branch in his home town.. now he wants to bring Dubai..China branch in ANamabra... he can only be useful in world bank..if there is still space there

1 Like

Re: Soludo Officially Joins APGA! by asha80(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
AfricaFace: Can't even understand this Soludo of a guy... his I too know attitude that threw him out of CBN is dragging him into another mess.. from one party to another... what is he looking for.. I thought he is just an academician...my ANamabra people , please don't be deceived by this guys big English.. for his 3 or 4 years in CBN... he couldn't bring any commercial bank branch in his home town.. now he wants to bring Dubai..China branch in ANamabra... he can only be useful in world bank..if there is still space there
'he couldn't bring a commercial bank to his home town'....what a mentality!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Honored With Aspen Institute Madeleine Albright Award / President Buhari Celebrates The Release Of the Abducted Students Of GGSS Jangebe / Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgement Barring Ize-Iyamu, Audu From Contesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.