Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them (3643 Views)

Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding / APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. / Prof Osibanjo Regarded As APC's Presidential Candidate In A Poster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
Duru1:

You are right about the coup but your forebearers will scamp across the border at sight of drunken soldier from northern region of Nigeria.

The drunked soldiers that sent your Chief running to Ivory coast in his wife's bikini?

1 Like

Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by Atouke: 6:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
2mch:

Most people who rob, kill, steal or kidnap always claim to have jobs somewhere. They have been in custody for a few weeks, why could they not point to an address or employer. I am sure those who could point to a job somewhere or address would have been released. You can keep lying to yourself there. The whole world is more security and economy conscious. Abuja has done it, Akwa ibom has done it. So what is the big deal? If you see Lagosians roaming around aimlessly, return them.

By the way Abujas case or Akwa ibom case are unverifiable it has not been documented and no one has come out to protest. Its just Fashola's diversion tactic. Its a lie to take attention from his actions. He should man up and apologise to the victims and do restitution.

Even if Akwa ibom and Abuja did it dose that make it right for lagos state?

If your think so then every criminal in Jail should be set free as some one else had committed the even worse crimes than what they are incarcerated for.

I use to have a lot of respect for fashola but he has lost all that,as his true colors have based on his actions toward Igbos in lagos has been revealed.
He is nothing but Bigot filled with hatred for non yoruba Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by Lagosbabe1: 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
Atouke:

By the way Abujas case or Akwa ibom case are unverifiable it has not been documented and no one has come out to protest. Its just Fashola's diversion tactic. Its a lie to take attention from his actions. He should man up and apologise to the victims and do restitution.

Even if Akwa ibom and Abuja did it dose that make it right for lagos state?

If your think so then every criminal in Jail should be set free as some one else had committed the even worse crimes than what they are incarcerated for.

I use to have a lot of respect for fashola but he has lost all that,as his true colors have based on his actions toward Igbos in lagos has been revealed.
He is nothing but Bigot filled with hatred for non yoruba Nigerians

Stop your tales by the moonlight stories o jare. Too much mouth una get. With all your gburugburu Eze Ndigo chest beating, what have you done about the systematic suyaing of your people in the north? You come to a state that gives you opportunities to make noise. I dare you and your people to demonstrate in Kano or Sokoto if you will live to tell the tale. You are taking advantage of our hospitality in a place where you are visitors.

Huff and puff as much as you want but we will continue to reunite you with your families in Onisha IDC and Babaloja must collect his money every month from the markets you operate in and these dues can increase without warning- get used to it.

If you think Fashola is a bigot then please you and those who concur should pack and go to your land that is filled with milk and honey shocked EKO is the center of commercial excellence, we would not condone immigrants coming here to be destitutes, prostitutes and kidnappers- we have enough problems internally.

The problem is that you dunces are exposing your weakness, you LOVE Lagos with a passion and you are terrified of being ostracized - if you are not careful we will run you out of town.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by dayokanu(m): 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
Duru1:

You could not be more correct bro. It is funny when deranged lappers in Nigeria call them “civil rights activists”. They are activists quite aright but pocket rights activists.

WHose pocket was he fighting for when he crossed over to Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by dayokanu(m): 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
Atouke:

[size=18pt]Sacked From Abuja, Beggars Settle in Mararaba[/size]

[Daily Trust]They were chased out of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) in their hundreds, but now seek refuge in nearby Mararaba, Nasarawa State, which is fast becoming a 'colony' of beggars. The war being fought in Abuja city centre against street begging is gradually affecting Mararaba, a town in Nasarawa State which is close to the city....

1 Like

Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by dayokanu(m): 10:56pm On Aug 01, 2013
[size=20pt]Abuja authorities relocate beggars to their states of origin[/size]
By Ngozi Oboh
June 30, 2011 10:46PM
print email

Less than 24 hours after the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) announced a review on the operations of parks and gardens in the city and directing that they should henceforth close by 6pm, the administration yesterday repatriated over 170 beggars arrested from different parts of the city to their respective states of origin.

This, according to FCTA, is part of its effort to ensure security of lives and properties in the federal capital.

The repatriated beggars, who were evicted in groups in different buses, were taken to states such as Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Jigawa, Nasarawa, Kogi, Kwara, Plateau and Gombe. Other states are: Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Abia.

The repatriation exercise, which was carried out by the Society Against Prostitution and Child Labour in Nigeria (SAP-CLN) in collaboration with the Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB) and Social Development Secretariat of the FCT administration, was the biggest since the exercise started months ago.

While addressing journalists at the Bwari Rehabilitation Centre where the exercise took place, Grace Adogo, coordinator of SAP-CLN, explained that based on the security state of the FCT, the beggars have to go back to their states.

“Because of the current security challenges in the FCT, the permanent secretary, Nathaniel Abiodun Olorunfemi has directed us to rid the city of the street begging and hawking which contravenes Section 36 of the AEPB Act of 1997,” she said. “The beggars, who are widely unknown and who do not have any identity, often flood traffic jam in the city carrying bags with unknown items. They even peep into peoples’ cars while begging for alms”.

Stay away

She warned the beggars not to return to the city, adding that they (beggars) would be prosecuted if arrested for the second time.

Oludare Atere, assistant director at the Social Development Secretariat of the FCTA lamented the problem posed by beggars saying that it appears to be getting complex by the day.

He added that the FCT administration would not relent in its efforts at ensuring that beggars, hawkers and commercial sex workers are removed from the street of Abuja.

Mr Atere enjoined the beggars to seek meaningful sources of livelihood when they get to their respective states of origin.

On his part, Bala Tsoho the principal, Bwari Rehabilitation Centre, expressed dismay at the unwillingness of most of the beggars to embrace the FCTA initiative to rehabilitate them at the centre.

He said this is because the beggars lack a “sense of dignity and pride.”

1 Like

Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by Atouke: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

Stop your tales by the moonlight stories o jare. Too much mouth una get. With all your gburugburu Eze Ndigo chest beating, what have you done about the systematic suyaing of your people in the north? You come to a state that gives you opportunities to make noise. I dare you and your people to demonstrate in Kano or Sokoto if you will live to tell the tale. You are taking advantage of our hospitality in a place where you are visitors.

Huff and puff as much as you want but we will continue to reunite you with your families in Onisha IDC and Babaloja must collect his money every month from the markets you operate in and these dues can increase without warning- get used to it.

If you think Fashola is a bigot then please you and those who concur should pack and go to your land that is filled with milk and honey shocked EKO is the center of commercial excellence, we would not condone immigrants coming here to be destitutes, prostitutes and kidnappers- we have enough problems internally.

The problem is that you dunces are exposing your weakness, you LOVE Lagos with a passion and you are terrified of being ostracized - if you are not careful we will run you out of town.

its this kind of attitude like yours that makes me doubt sometimes the viability of the entity called Nigeria.

Don't you see a parallel between Boko Haram and this Lagos deportation? or are you blinded by tribal sentiments? According to you If boko haram are killing southerners in the north then igbos should he happy that they are only being deported and wrongfully jailed in lagos.

I bet its the same thinking that informed Fashola's callous abuse of igbos civil and constitutional rights.
Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by Lagosbabe1: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
dayokanu:
[size=18pt]Sacked From Abuja, Beggars Settle in Mararaba[/size]

[Daily Trust]They were chased out of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) in their hundreds, but now seek refuge in nearby Mararaba, Nasarawa State, which is fast becoming a 'colony' of beggars. The war being fought in Abuja city centre against street begging is gradually affecting Mararaba, a town in Nasarawa State which is close to the city....

1000 likes

Tuns bar moment wink

I am shocked this has not been brought up yet tbh
Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by Pukkah: 11:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
dayokanu: [size=20pt]Abuja authorities relocate beggars to their states of origin[/size]
By Ngozi Oboh
June 30, 2011 10:46PM
print email

Less than 24 hours after the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) announced a review on the operations of parks and gardens in the city and directing that they should henceforth close by 6pm, the administration yesterday repatriated over 170 beggars arrested from different parts of the city to their respective states of origin.

This, according to FCTA, is part of its effort to ensure security of lives and properties in the federal capital.

The repatriated beggars, who were evicted in groups in different buses, were taken to states such as Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Jigawa, Nasarawa, Kogi, Kwara, Plateau and Gombe. Other states are: Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Abia.

The repatriation exercise, which was carried out by the Society Against Prostitution and Child Labour in Nigeria (SAP-CLN) in collaboration with the Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB) and Social Development Secretariat of the FCT administration, was the biggest since the exercise started months ago.

This happened in Abuja! FCT that is 'home for all' so to say.

Seriously, didn't the people screaming Fasola's name see this or they're just being hypocritical?

Why are they fixated or paranoid about Fasola and/or Lagos?

For God's sake, FCT loudly repatriated beggars to their states of origin and there was no whimper from these same people that are now crying and wailing over Fasola's action?

What does one call this?
Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by Lagosbabe1: 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
Atouke:

its this kind of attitude like yours that makes me doubt sometimes the viability of the entity called Nigeria.

Don't you see a parallel between Boko Haram and this Lagos deportation? or are you blinded by tribal sentiments? According to you If boko haram are killing southerners in the north then igbos should he happy that they are only being deported and wrongfully jailed in lagos.

I bet its the same thinking that informed Fashola's callous abuse of igbos civil and constitutional rights.

You see you are a foolish person if you think that that the slaughtering of Igbos in the north is due to Boko Haram.

Go and ask the Gburugburu elders in your village about the history of Igbo slaughtering in the north and get back to me- Arindin

1 Like

Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by dayokanu(m): 11:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
Lagosbabe1: 1000 likes

Tuns bar moment wink

I am shocked this has not been brought up yet tbh

My Chairman. Tuns bar wasere

1 Like

Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by Atouke: 11:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

You see you are a foolish person if you think that that the slaughtering of Igbos in the north is due to Boko Haram.

Go and ask the Gburugburu elders in your village about the history of Igbo slaughtering in the north and get back to me- Arindin

Resorting to name calling rather than tackling the tabled issue tells me all i need to know about you . Adios amigo
Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by Lagosbabe1: 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2013
Atouke:

Resorting to name calling rather than tackling the tabled issue tells me all i need to know about you . Adios amigo

Many thanks. Goodnight
Get back to me after you ask your village elders and hope you have a good time at the Markate tomorrow.

Dont forget to put Babaloja's money aside
Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by dayokanu(m): 11:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Lagosbabe1:

Many thanks. Goodnight
Get back to me after you ask your village elders and hope you have a good time at the Markate tomorrow.

Dont forget to put Babaloja's money aside

Failure to abide.... Onitsha straight by the next bus. Under bridge O wa ooooo

1 Like

Re: Igbos On Rampage In Lagos As APC Insist On Depoting Them by talktimi(m): 11:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
dayokanu:

Failure to abide.... Onitsha straight by the next bus. Under bridge O wa ooooo
frustrated RAZZ BOY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Merry Xmass From Lagos With Pic / MAIDUGURI ATTACKS: The Role Of The Civilian JTF (w/ Photos) / " IPOB Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest – Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake" - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.