Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,585 members, 7,837,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria (4100 Views)

Pictures of first international flight from Enugu. / National Carrier To Begin Operations With 50 Aircraft / National Carrier To Commence Operations In September 2013: Aviation Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by 1soul(m): 11:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
www.century-power.com/projects/
Check the details here
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2013
1soul: www.century-power.com/projects/
Check the details here
20 likes cool
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by 1soul(m): 11:30pm On Aug 03, 2013
Project Title – CPG-Okija IPP
CPG obtained a generating license from
NERC in September 2012 to develop a
495MW power plant on 31.9Ha of land
owned by CPG. The company hired AF-
Consult Switzerland to be the Owner’s
Engineer for the project. AF-Consult
completed the conceptual design for the
plant in December 2012, and completed the
tender documents for EPC Selection in
March 2013. These documents are available
for interested EPC bidders to download
directly from this website, or from the
company's Lagos or Abuja offices.
The project is being developed in 3 phases.
The first phase, comprising of 495MW, will
become operational in 2015.
Phase 1: Construction of a gas fired
power plant in an Open Cycle Gas
Turbine (OCGT) configuration, with a
power output of approximately
495MW (at ISO conditions) by
September 2015.
Phase 2: Extension of the OCGT to a
combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT)
configuration with a nominal power
capacity of approximately 750MW (at
ISO conditions), through the addition
of HRSG and steam turbines.
Phase 3: Installation of a second
CCGT with additional capacity of
750MW (at ISO conditions) to arrive
at a plant with a total output of
1500MW (at ISO conditions).
The entire 1500MW capacity is scheduled to
be completed by 2018.
Plant Location
The plant site1 is a 31.9 hectares of virgin
land wholly owned by CPG, and is situated
along the Onitsha–Owerri express road,
approximately 25km from the Oguta gas
fields, about 15km from Nnewi (one of
Nigeria’s major industrial and economic
centers), and 25km from Onitsha (another
major economic area).
The Project site is bordered on the East by
the Ulasi River and on the West by the
Onitsha-Owerri express road. It is important
to note that Hammakopp Consortium’s base
(the Nestoil Groups’ civil construction
subsidiary) is located directly opposite CPG-
Okija IPP’s site, on the other side of the
Owerri-Onitsha express road. This makes it
extremely easy for mobilization to the plant
site to perform site preparation and civil
works required for the Project.
Milestones Accomplished
Own 31.9 Ha of land specifically for
the CPG-Okija IPP.
Obtained a generating license for
CPG-Okija IPP.
Cleared by the Federal Ministry of
Environment.
Signed on AfDB as the lead financial
arranger for the project.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 03, 2013
Yes, the official Airline for Nigerian cocaine and heroin smugglers has now set up shop in the 'super-base'.

I'd love to hear the news in coming months.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by asha80(m): 11:43pm On Aug 03, 2013
1soul: Project Title – CPG-Okija IPP
CPG obtained a generating license from
NERC in September 2012 to develop a
495MW power plant on 31.9Ha of land
owned by CPG. The company hired AF-
Consult Switzerland to be the Owner’s
Engineer for the project. AF-Consult
completed the conceptual design for the
plant in December 2012, and completed the
tender documents for EPC Selection in
March 2013. These documents are available
for interested EPC bidders to download
directly from this website, or from the
company's Lagos or Abuja offices.
The project is being developed in 3 phases.
The first phase, comprising of 495MW, will
become operational in 2015.
Phase 1: Construction of a gas fired
power plant in an Open Cycle Gas
Turbine (OCGT) configuration, with a
power output of approximately
495MW (at ISO conditions) by
September 2015.
Phase 2: Extension of the OCGT to a
combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT)
configuration with a nominal power
capacity of approximately 750MW (at
ISO conditions), through the addition
of HRSG and steam turbines.
Phase 3: Installation of a second
CCGT with additional capacity of
750MW (at ISO conditions) to arrive
at a plant with a total output of
1500MW (at ISO conditions).
The entire 1500MW capacity is scheduled to
be completed by 2018.
Plant Location
The plant site1 is a 31.9 hectares of virgin
land wholly owned by CPG, and is situated
along the Onitsha–Owerri express road,
approximately 25km from the Oguta gas
fields, about 15km from Nnewi (one of
Nigeria’s major industrial and economic
centers), and 25km from Onitsha (another
major economic area).
The Project site is bordered on the East by
the Ulasi River and on the West by the
Onitsha-Owerri express road. It is important
to note that Hammakopp Consortium’s base
(the Nestoil Groups’ civil construction
subsidiary) is located directly opposite CPG-
Okija IPP’s site, on the other side of the
Owerri-Onitsha express road. This makes it
extremely easy for mobilization to the plant
site to perform site preparation and civil
works required for the Project.
Milestones Accomplished
Own 31.9 Ha of land specifically for
the CPG-Okija IPP.
Obtained a generating license for
CPG-Okija IPP.
Cleared by the Federal Ministry of
Environment.
Signed on AfDB as the lead financial
arranger for the project.
danm!never knew about this.atleast geometric is not tyhe only private power guys interested in the south east and the expected mega watts is quite high.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by awodman: 11:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
Wow..Bulk trader is really raising the confidence of private Investors in Nigeria's Electricity market..
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by manny4life(m): 12:37am On Aug 04, 2013
1soul:
Shaking Your Head? Did I say anything wrong?

NL sef!

He's shaking his head because the fresh air from the AGIPA airport is too much grin grin grin
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by taharqa2: 10:55am On Aug 04, 2013
kingoflag: Yes, the official Airline for Nigerian cocaine and heroin smugglers has now set up shop in the 'super-base'.

I'd love to hear the news in coming months.
'oflag, when wud u stop taking that tin?? It reali begins to take its toe afta sm time u know...
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by RareDiamond: 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2013
MESSAGE OF HENRYCHUBAYO, A NAIRALANDER TO ETHIOPIAN AIRLINE WITH RESPONSE

MY PEOPLE, I TRY TO BOOK ETHIOPIAN AIRLINE TO ENUGU AND I SAW THAT PEOPLE ARE ALREADY BOOKING. MANY SEATS HAS BEEN BOOKED. AM SO HAPPY FOR THE PATRONAGE TO THE AIRLINE. MEANWHILE, I WROTE THEM FOR THE NEED TO INCREASE THE FLIGHT TO ENUGU FROM FOUR TIME A WEEK TO DAILY ROUTE DURING THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER AND THESE WAS THE REPLY TO ME

first this was my massage to them

i wish to thank you so much for opening the route to Enugu from international destinations. This is a great opportunity for the people of East where the airport is located. It has been a dream com true for us. Ethiopia airline will really make it with these new destination. 80% of Nigerian travelers are people from these region. However, I wish to suggest that during the month of November and December, arrangements should be made to increase the route to be a daily route as many people will be using the airport and the airline in particular to arrive home to Enugu. With great anticipations and happiness, we welcome you and looked forward to flying with you to Enugu.

THIS WAS THEIR REPLY FEW HOURS AGO

This is to acknowledge receipt of your message at Customer Relations Office. We would like to thank you for your comment and suggestion for the newly opened route to Enugu.
For your information Ethiopian will operate four times a week to Enugu. As to your request to increase frequency of the flight, we will take it up to the responsible section.
Thank you for your time and effort to write to us and we would like also to thank you for choosing Ethiopian.
Looking forward to have you onboard soon.

Kind Regards,

Genet Chaka
Jr. Customer Service Officer
Customer Relations
Ethiopian Airlines, Airport Enterprise Building, Ground Floor
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 10, 2013
Enugu intl airport will definately boost the economy of the former eastern region and nearby states in the middle belt ie benue,and states like delta n edo.I see businesses moving from lagos to the east with onitsha,enugu,owerri,asaba n aba being major beneficiaries.I can now travel out of nigeria without stepping foot in abuja n lagos.the next step is to lobby foreign govts n embassies to open up consulates n visa offices in enugu.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:10am On Aug 10, 2013
Ethiopia is often refered to as the Lion of Africa. Africa's very own mecca. They always lead the way for good things. I Love Ethiopia. kiss

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Gondyke: 9:24am On Aug 25, 2013
What is the Big feat about converting old existing air port to international grade.gej did not use his personal money to convert the airport to international grade,i dont ser any reason to commend him.
Re: Ethiopian To Become The First International Carrier To Fly To Enugu, Nigeria by Gondyke: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2013
What is the Big feat about converting old existing air port to international grade.gej did not use his personal money to convert the airport to international grade,i dont see any reason to commend Him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Are GEJ, Can You Sack This Beutiful Woman? / Nigeria To Be Among 15 Largest Economies By 2050 With GDP Of $4.5 Trillion / Madam Diezanni Became Sick And Out Of The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.