Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,804 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:34 PM

Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) (23610 Views)

Team Nigeria At The African Athletics Championship / Nigerian Fans Meeting Ethiopian Fans In Addis Ababa Before The Match (Pictures) / Okagbare Wins Silver In Long Jump At World Athletics Championship, Moscow 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 6:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
adaobi123: COME ON PERRI !!!!

tongue your Perry faded ... Lool
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
CFCfan: Hejnova won it by 8 metres shocked shocked

bros that was expected ... she is the overwhelming favourite by a big margin all season
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 6:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
adaobi123:

I guess she wasn't up to it.

Maybe injuries

errrrm anti adaobi ... she ruled for as long as she could ... she was even in the Gold medal winning USA team, 4x100m heats at the last olympics (Anchor)

World Junior Champion in 2002, She won silver at Athens olympics in 2004 , Gold at 2005 WC in helsinki, Silver at WC in Osaka 2007, 4th at Beijing Olympics .... and she was majorly a 100m runner .. she only did 200m for a while ...

.... and BTW she is 30 years now!

I really loved seeing her run ... POWER

1 Like

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
deene:

errrrm anti adaobi ... she ruled for as long as she could ... she was even in the Gold medal winning USA team, 4x100m heats at the last olympics (Anchor)

World Junior Champion in 2002, She won silver at Athens olympics in 2004 , Gold at 2005 WC in helsinki, Silver at WC in Osaka 2007, 4th at Beijing Olympics .... and she was majorly a 100m runner .. she only did 200m for a while ...

I hear you tongue
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Afam4eva(m): 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
deene:

Are you really sure about her age? She was in college just a few years back.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
Afam4eva:

Time flies......
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
Afam4eva:

i am very sure .. shes retiring next season ...

she lost her dad and the passion for athletics at the same time i guess ..
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by akintun: 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
deene:

i am very sure .. shes retiring next season ...

she lost her dad and the passion for athletics at the same time i guess ..

If u are referring to William, she has actually started competing in bobsledding.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
akintun:

If u are referring to William, she has actually started competing in bobsledding.
So, we may see her in Russia next year
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
Where is Sanya Richard? Isnt my BABY here in Moscow?
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Afam4eva(m): 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kamardiran: Where is Sanya Richard? Isnt my BABY here in Moscow?
I was wondering too. Isn't she supposed to be in the 400 meters?
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
I was wondering too. Isn't she supposed to be in the 400 meters?
.......and veronica campbell?
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Afam4eva(m): 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kamardiran: .......and veronica campbell?
Isn't Veronica Campbell the jamaican lady that tested positive to dope alongside Powell?
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by olapluto(m): 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nigerian athletes not happy. Displeasures with officials is becoming public! Almost all of them have complained today (twitter +fb) about the treatment from AFN.
Gloria Asumnu pulling out of the relay. I only pray that we dont lose a medal hope to mismanagement. This is like a repeat of the shameful period when our athletes intentionally dropped the batons to protest. Already we have seen a pseudo-protest from Ajoke Odumosu where she intentionally false-started twice to get a DQ.
I sometimes feel ashamed of Nigeria.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
Isn't Veronica Campbell the jamaican lady that tested positive to dope alongside Powell?
....ooops,never knew she was part of those dat tested positive to drugs........ I just googled dat sanya richards is out injured. I love dat babe die
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by akintun: 8:16am On Aug 16, 2013
ola_pluto: Nigerian athletes not happy. Displeasures with officials is becoming public! Almost all of them have complained today (twitter +fb) about the treatment from AFN.
Gloria Asumnu pulling out of the relay. I only pray that we dont lose a medal hope to mismanagement. This is like a repeat of the shameful period when our athletes intentionally dropped the batons to protest. Already we have seen a pseudo-protest from Ajoke Odumosu where she intentionally false-started twice to get a DQ.
I sometimes feel ashamed of Nigeria.

Gloria has not been happy with d special treatment AFN alway seem to give Okagbare . At d trials she complained about it. She would most likely compete because of d financial incentive involved.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by HAH: 8:44am On Aug 16, 2013
Weldone Nigerian girls at the 400 by 4 particularly regina george for coming second.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Afam4eva(m): 8:52am On Aug 16, 2013
HAH: Weldone Nigerian girls at the 400 by 4 particularly regina george for coming second.
I missed it. Where can i watch the replay?
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by bambostic: 9:51am On Aug 16, 2013
akintun:

Gloria has not been happy with d special treatment AFN alway seem to give Okagbare . At d trials she complained about it. She would most likely compete because of d financial incentive involved.

What kind of special treatment are you talking about? Even Blessing complained the AFN at the trials...
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by bambostic: 9:55am On Aug 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
I missed it. Where can i watch the replay?

Nigeria was only 2nd in the semi-final. Through to the final in 5th place overall - don't think that we can really improve on that in the final with the likes of the US, Russia & Jamaica able to bring in better runners to go even faster. Team GB, despite losing Perri Shakes-Drayton to injury, will still be in the mix for medals...

You've got to hail Regina George's last leg run though - she made up about 15 metres on the French girl. I'd really like to see her split on that one - it must have come close to 50.0! She's a star in the making if we can manage her well...

2 Likes

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by akintun: 10:55am On Aug 16, 2013
bambostic:

What kind of special treatment are you talking about? Even Blessing complained the AFN at the trials...

At d trials, d final of d 100m was delayed becos of Blessing, and dat got Gloria angry.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 11:14am On Aug 16, 2013
akintun:

At d trials, d final of d 100m was delayed becos of Blessing, and dat got Gloria angry.

was it that she did not make it to s track early or she was engaged in another event?
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by akintun: 11:36am On Aug 16, 2013
deene:

was it that she did not make it to s track early or she was engaged in another event?

I think it was something about her shoes. I'm not so sure.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by solotutu(m): 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2013
If scouting was very high we wnt be using these old legs and besides they'l speed up their performance knowing there is a rival somewhere.but money money money always is spoilind d product of sportmanship for us,they r all talented yet,AFN just seem not to know hw to manage.felix took just a year after college racing,where is divine obunduru today?watchout there r can of worms that okagbare will open if it doesnt go well.but all d same i see gold for her today.again why is ahoure by her side again.what politics by iaaf
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by olapluto(m): 3:06pm On Aug 16, 2013
Video of 4 x 400m women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPo_9pM6_f8
Also, Jamaica has been disqualified. We MAY push GB for the bronze medal.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Afam4eva(m): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
ola_pluto: Video of 4 x 400m women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPo_9pM6_f8
Also, Jamaica has been disqualified. We MAY push GB for the bronze medal.
Regina george won it for Nigeria.

But wait oo. When did Britain become a force in world Athleteics. Where did they get all these athletes from?
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by olapluto(m): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
Afam4eva:
Regina george won it for Nigeria.

But wait oo. When did Britain become a force in world Athleteics. Where did they get all these athletes from?
From Nigeria offcourse. Margaret Adeoye and Christine Ohuruogu both ran in that relay for GB. Eidith Child is scottish too, while Shana Cox is American.
Interesting that Jamaica has been disqualified, leaving Nigeria in 4th fastest time, hopefully the lane draw for the final can be adjusted and Nigeria get a better lane than lane 9.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Afam4eva(m): 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
ola_pluto:
From Nigeria offcourse. Margaret Adeoye and Christine Ohuruogu both ran in that relay for GB. Eidith Child is scottish too, while Shana Cox is American.
Interesting that Jamaica has been disqualified, leaving Nigeria in 4th fastest time, hopefully the lane draw for the final can be adjusted and Nigeria get a better lane than lane 9.
The bolded is British. Scotland is part of Britain.

I hope Nigeria can nick a bronze medal since one the favorites have been disqualified.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
200m !!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
adaobi123: 200m !!

hey swerrie. cool
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
lucenzo:

hey swerrie. cool

Heyyy
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
Adam killed that race !!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (36) (Reply)

Leo Messi Scores Brace In First 22 Minutes Of Second Inter Miami Game / Paul Pogba Named 2018 World's Most Marketable Athlete / Luka Modrić Wins Fifa's The Best Men's Player Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.