Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered (2808 Views)

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Kaduna Government Demolishes All Islamic Movement Properties, Cemeteries - Musa / Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by bobthebuilder99(m): 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2013
So if this building was owned by Yoruba, should we be expecting the Yoruba to cry discrimination because Obi wants to rid his state of criminality?
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by onyfrank: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
The security men shud go to Awo Idemili, wia one of my acquitances was miraculous saved by God. Let them search all the bushes, locate any house with high fence, go in and search the house. There are killings going on there, according to her where rich men 4rm igbo, hausa( alhajis), yoruba, visits to buy goods(human parts).
I cant type her story hw it started and ended, bt after God saves her when they hav beaten her thorough, pushd her out of d compound, she found her self in ekwulobia. Anambra my ppl, and all ye ppl of Africa, money dnt derserve this wickedness to ur felow human being. Why *weepn*
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by chino11(m): 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2013
Abagworo:

I'm a real man and stand by truth and justice forever and will always see beyond your childish reasoning. I'm sure if this had happened in Imo State, the next thing your type would do is gang up with other Nigerians and try to narrow down the issue to Imo State being ritual killers and all those superstitious belief of unenlightened people like you. I'm happy all my examples happened in Imo State otherwise some gullible people would have bought into your stupid idea.

Nwokem common face front. We do not need any of your contribution in any way. Your intentions are pre-known by us.

Okwute Ndigbo nile worldwide is the man..
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Duru1(m): 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2013
chino11:

Nwanne be careful whenever you stand on anything with abagworo, like a typical enemy he does not mean well. Onlytruth has come to realize that just like many of us. His view on anything concerning Anambra is usually tribalized, so be watchful on what you want to agree with him.

@ the topic: Am sure that the government has got a concrete report and evidence that nailed the owner of the hotel. Obi's security revolution is working in Anambra particularly the commercial/economic city of Onitsha that hosts many people from different parts of the country and beyond.

The measures are working, because sanity has been taken to another level in the city of Onitsha, the Headbridge down to Upper Iweka has been transformed and sanitized to fit the modern society with police and AVS patrol maintaining peace and orderliness.

Obi appears soft, but dude has got a lion heart to lead and revolutionize.

Bros, I know Abagworo had lately turned into borderline Efulefu but he seemed to have a point in this case. The incessant precipitation of jungle justice in Nigerian society contributed to the deportation fellow citizens by Lagos State government led Babatude Fashola.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by backtosender: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2013
Some gullible people will tell you that those bones where vomiting naira dollar and pound make i add euro for side grin holy ghost fire grin

Is probably a serial killer using the hotel to keep his victims remain.This is what serial killers do,he or she keep victims remain to remind them that they are still in control of that victim.Is a mental psycho.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Delafruita(m): 2:18pm On Aug 03, 2013
Onlytruth:

First of all, the Land Use Act empowers the governor to take land "for public interest". If you read the article well, you would see that there was an option of outright "taking" -basically a concern that originated from the "eminent domain" principle. As long as he is doing so for public good, he can take the whole land. On the issue of compensation, you may run into another issue of "proceeds of crime". Do you pay an armed robber for his house you know he built through armed robbery? I think not.

There are detail of which I may not be able to discuss, but on the face of it, it looks legal enough to me.

@Bolded, I have learned never to say NEVER in law because you have not traveled the whole world to examine every law in every country.
the burden of proof then lies with the government.it has to show the house was built with proceeds of the crime.the issue of compensation is enshrined in our consyitution according to section 44.the crime the person was arrested for has no bearing on his property.the corpses might have been found there but then the house can only be taken over temporarily pending the conclusion of investigation.no punishment in our laws require the accused's house to be demolished except in corruption cases where forfeitures take place
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Abagworo(m): 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
backtosender: Some gullible people will tell you that those bones where vomiting naira dollar and pound make i add euro for side grin holy ghost fire grin

Is probably a serial killer using the hotel to keep his victims remain.This is what serial killers do,he or she keep victims remain to remind them that they are still in control of that victim.Is a mental psycho.

Are you a Nigerian? You reasoned like an enlightened being and not all these people that disgust me with their superstitious belief. You can only make money by crime or hard work and not with human head. God save my people.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by 4Play(m): 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
This demolition exercise is another example of state governments acting unlawfully. Like the deportation brouhaha, the state cannot simply decide without a court order or some enabling statutory or constitutional provision decide to mete out summary justice.

You basically have state governments acting like vigilantes. When queried, they will appeal to tribal sentiments or some other emotional points to silence critics.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Jisunpack: 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2013
Imagine the news was about Fashola doing this callous, despicable and shameless acts of thuggery, these sad tribalist would have skinned him alive. Bigotry can really cause myopia.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by backtosender: 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
Abagworo:

Are you a Nigerian? You reasoned like an enlightened being and not all these people that disgust me with their superstitious belief. You can only make money by crime or hard work and not with human head. God save my people.
If bones can print money by now who go remain for nigeria?i tire for some people cheesy
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Eduwalter(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2013
Delafruita:
isnt that what the governors are there for?to work on such?
dat's their work but do u know if d citizens of d states will allow such infrastructure to c d light of d day.
Will it also b maintained. Na naija we dey,
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Abagworo(m): 8:37am On Aug 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Did you read this link?
https://www.nairaland.com/1335559/embalmment-
mother-body-family-decision

Now remember Imo traditional rulers hurriedly met and declared him "banished". http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=121822:monarchs-banish-alleged-baby-factory-and-mother-killer-suspects-from-community-&catid=3:metro&Itemid=558
What if the crowd had killed him and Government demolished his properties?

You can also read this. https://www.nairaland.com/1353627/press-stories-baby-factory-imo
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Coldie(m): 8:51am On Oct 18, 2020
gunuvi:
God bless you sir.
Hmmmmmm
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Coldie(m): 8:52am On Oct 18, 2020
Abagworo:
From the word go I had suspicions of foul play in this whole saga. I pray the truth is exposed and the politics behind this suspected set up is revealed. It bears clear semblance to the Otokoto saga which was politically motivated.

No one is sure for now if he's guilty or not.
U were right afterall
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Coldie(m): 8:53am On Oct 18, 2020
mekaboy:
Even though it is unconstitutional to demolish property, but what I want to know is, has he been found guilty in court?

If yes, then I don't mind any action taken. Even if it means jungle justice.

Because if the person has not been found guilty, then it means all it takes to demolish your property is for someone to plant human heads and guns there, and call the police.

I pray he is guilty though.
U were right afterall
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Coldie(m): 8:54am On Oct 18, 2020
SlyIg:
Whats your own sef?
What's your own
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Coldie(m): 9:03am On Oct 18, 2020
"The governor disclosed that government had
confiscated all assets belonging to the owner
of the hotel who was arrested together with
his staff."

It had to take this man 7years to start getting justice, when he got framed and lost everything.

To me that killer SARS man Nwafors assets must be confiscated too
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by SlyIg(f): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2020
Coldie:

What's your own

2013 thread.
What happened and who woke this thread up again?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Never Been In Politics-Oby Ezekwesili,See Top 10 Tweets From BBC HardTalk / Please God Touch Gov. Amaechi To Pay Excorpers / Breaking: President Orders The Arrest Of Gov. Fayose And Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.