Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:18 PM

Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered (2887 Views)

Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) / Kaduna Government Demolishes All Islamic Movement Properties, Cemeteries - Musa / Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Ayekotoo(m): 7:08am On Aug 03, 2013
ANAMBRA State Governor, Peter
Obi, Friday ordered the
demolition of the Upper Class
Hotel, Onitsha, where two fresh
human heads, arms and ammunition were
discovered, saying that his administration
would continue to fight crime in the State.
He made this comments while personally
supervising the demolition exercise of the
three- storey structure at 8 Old Market Road,
Onitsha.
The governor disclosed that government had
confiscated all assets belonging to the owner
of the hotel who was arrested together with
his staff.
He explained that the action was in line with
the policy of his administration to sustain the
fight against crime and criminality.
The governor stated that government would
not relent in its resolve to flush out hoodlums
from all parts of the state, saying it would
continue to knock down property belonging to
criminals.
“I am aware some would rather want us to
convert those property for public use
purposes, but I tell you, knocking them down
is more beneficial because the weight of the
punishment is proportional to how much fear
it engenders in people to run away from
crime,” he said.
In their separate speeches at the scene, the
Transition Committee Chairman, Onitsha
North, Mr. Eddie Okosi and his counterpart
from Onitsha South, Mr. Ugochukwu Ezeani
said the Government was already winning the
war against criminals.
They said that Onitsha had been re-branded
by the governor and enjoined others involved
in such gory business to turn a new leaf or
face the consequences.

http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=15998
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by jossybills(m): 7:24am On Aug 03, 2013
Nice one sir.

Ist to comment
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by gunuvi(m): 7:30am On Aug 03, 2013
God bless you sir.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by adesammy1(m): 7:33am On Aug 03, 2013
why destruction
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Onlytruth(m): 7:36am On Aug 03, 2013
I always love when Obi PERSONALLY supervises the demolition of these houses of evil. grin
Kudos to our able governor.

If people know that their houses risk demolition, they would NEVER willingly allow it to be used for heinous crimes. cool
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by rozayx5(m): 7:47am On Aug 03, 2013
Front page ( or i forgot, the title wud have been , (tonto and Obi order demolition of Upperclass hotel)

NICE ONE OBI
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by soundtruth(m): 7:55am On Aug 03, 2013
nice
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 03, 2013
That isn't what's ideal, setup police posts around all the nooks and crannies of the state to help fight kidnapping.
And fix security cameras all in all the zones and areas of the state.

Is that so hard to do mr Governor?
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Abagworo(m): 8:02am On Aug 03, 2013
From the word go I had suspicions of foul play in this whole saga. I pray the truth is exposed and the politics behind this suspected set up is revealed. It bears clear semblance to the Otokoto saga which was politically motivated.

No one is sure for now if he's guilty or not.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Francis5: 8:04am On Aug 03, 2013
emmysenior: That isn't what's ideal, setup police posts around all the nooks and crannies of the state to help fight kidnapping.

Cameras and police posts don't necessarily stop crime. They only help to track crime after it has been committed. If they could stop crime, there won't be any in the USA. Besides, the owner of the hotel must have committed his crime inside the hotel where no government camera would have reached.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Eduwalter(m): 8:15am On Aug 03, 2013
emmysenior: That isn't what's ideal, setup police posts around all the nooks and crannies of the state to help fight kidnapping.

Abeg say something dat is possible in nigeria. Hw many states in nigeria have a surveillance cameras in their state.
D man is trying m, dats all
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Delafruita(m): 8:20am On Aug 03, 2013
Onlytruth: I always love when Obi PERSONALLY supervises the demolition of these houses of evil. grin
Kudos to our able governor.

If people know that their houses risk demolition, they would NEVER willingly allow it to be used for heinous crimes. cool
in what part of our law is demolishing of a property punishment for a crime?we should not encourage a precedence that will lay the foundation for anarchy.peter obi has absolutely no right to demolish that property.its illegal and senseless.the appropiate punishment should be meted out to the offender but this goes way beyond any prescribed punishment

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Delafruita(m): 8:20am On Aug 03, 2013
Eduwalter:
Abeg say something dat is possible in nigeria. Hw many states in nigeria have a surveillance cameras in their state.
D man is trying m, dats all
isnt that what the governors are there for?to work on such?
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by dridowu: 8:26am On Aug 03, 2013
human heads ? Pple no get pity ooooooooo
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by mekaboy(m): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2013
Even though it is unconstitutional to demolish property, but what I want to know is, has he been found guilty in court?

If yes, then I don't mind any action taken. Even if it means jungle justice.

Because if the person has not been found guilty, then it means all it takes to demolish your property is for someone to plant human heads and guns there, and call the police.

I pray he is guilty though.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 03, 2013
Jungle justice by Gov Obi. He investigated, presided over d proceeding in Obi' court, finds d owner of the hotel guilty, and implements the sentence himself. Clap for the Able Gov.

Only in my beloved country. What a Shame.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Abagworo(m): 8:57am On Aug 03, 2013
mekaboy: Even though it is unconstitutional to demolish property, but what I want to know is, has he been found guilty in court?

If yes, then I don't mind any action taken. Even if it means jungle justice.

Because if the person has not been found guilty, then it means all it takes to demolish your property is for someone to plant human heads and guns there, and call the police.

I pray he is guilty though.

I'm glad someone is reasoning along with me. An enemy could plan everything, including alerting the Police at the perfect time. The story itself smells of set up and it reminds me of the Otokoto saga in which his name was dented and till this day people say all sort of things about him without knowing the truth. The boy caught with human head was hurriedly killed and we only relied on the story as constructed by the powers that be.

I pray the truth prevails in this case.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Onlytruth(m): 9:02am On Aug 03, 2013
Delafruita:
in what part of our law is demolishing of a property punishment for a crime?we should not encourage a precedence that will lay the foundation for anarchy.peter obi has absolutely no right to demolish that property.its illegal and senseless.the appropiate punishment should be meted out to the offender but this goes way beyond any prescribed punishment

Don't know the whole story, but I believe there is a law in Anambra that empowers him to do that.
In some US states, if a person gets caught for certain petty crimes (like shoplifting), for the third time, they go straight to jail; no trial.
So, it depends on what the law says in Anambra state.
If there is no concurrent federal law, then it is legal. BTW the Land Use Act of 1978 vests land in the state governors. That is why Fashola is terrorizing innocent people in Lagos.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Onlytruth(m): 9:05am On Aug 03, 2013
Abagworo:

I'm glad someone is reasoning along with me. An enemy could plan everything, including alerting the Police at the perfect time. The story itself smells of set up and it reminds me of the Otokoto saga in which his name was dented and till this day people say all sort of things about him without knowing the truth. The boy caught with human head was hurriedly killed and we only relied on the story as constructed by the powers that be.

I pray the truth prevails in this case.

Abagworo unless you have evidence to the contrary, you should stop making baseless insinuations here.
The governor has to work to keep Anambra safe. Must all positive actions in your world be politically motivated?
Stop muddling the waters here.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Abagworo(m): 9:13am On Aug 03, 2013
Onlytruth:

Abagworo unless you have evidence to the contrary, you should stop making baseless insinuations here.
The governor has to work to keep Anambra safe. Must all positive actions in your world be politically motivated?
Stop muddling the waters here.

The truth is that none of us actually has any evidence. I'm only worried that he has not been proven guilty in a court and I have friends who have been victims of such plot. Someone dropped cocaine in their home and alerted the Police. The Otokoto saga and most recently the man accused of killing and embalming his mother in Oguta all comes to mind.

https://www.nairaland.com/1335559/embalmment-mother-body-family-decision
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by SlyIg(f): 9:18am On Aug 03, 2013
Oko_AGB: Jungle justice by Gov Obi. He investigated, presided over d proceeding in Obi' court, finds d owner of the hotel guilty, and implements the sentence himself. Clap for the Able Gov.

Only in my beloved country. What a Shame.
Whats your own sef?
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Onlytruth(m): 9:18am On Aug 03, 2013
Abagworo:

The truth is that none of us actually has any evidence. I'm only worried that he has not been proven guilty in a court and I have friends who have been victims of such plot. Someone dropped cocaine in their home and alerted the Police. The Otokoto saga and most recently the man accused of killing and embalming his mother in Oguta all comes to mind.

https://www.nairaland.com/1335559/embalmment-mother-body-family-decision

I hope you realize that this is not the first time Obi has done this. As a matter of fact, the strategy is already working wonders in Anambra as kidnapping has reduced drastically.
You see, criminals need BUILDINGS to operate most of the time. If every landlord carefully monitors his tenants, such crimes will reduce.
So, like I said before, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, we have to accept that this is a properly done demolition.
I hope you are not up to your usual antics.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:19am On Aug 03, 2013
For once,Abagworo does have a point; I think investigation should be carried out before any demolition takes place.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Abagworo(m): 9:32am On Aug 03, 2013
Onlytruth:

I hope you realize that this is not the first time Obi has done this. As a matter of fact, the strategy is already working wonders in Anambra as kidnapping has reduced drastically.
You see, criminals need BUILDINGS to operate most of the time. If every landlord carefully monitors his tenants, such crimes will reduce.
So, like I said before, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, we have to accept that this is a properly done demolition.
I hope you are not up to your usual antics.

Did you read this link?
https://www.nairaland.com/1335559/embalmment-
mother-body-family-decision

Now remember Imo traditional rulers hurriedly met and declared him "banished". http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=121822:monarchs-banish-alleged-baby-factory-and-mother-killer-suspects-from-community-&catid=3:metro&Itemid=558
What if the crowd had killed him and Government demolished his properties?

You can also read this. https://www.nairaland.com/1353627/press-stories-baby-factory-imo
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 03, 2013
SlyIg: Whats your own sef?

My own sef is dat we must be patient and apply d law of d land correctly.

Merci.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by mekaboy(m): 9:38am On Aug 03, 2013
Judging from the last demolition, the culprits where guilty, had underground bunkers where they stocked assorted weapons. I guess someone must have been arrested and led the police to the hotel. I doubt if the governor will act on rumor. I just hope he is guilty, and I a place like anambra where I am from, such stories are not news.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by chino11(m): 10:07am On Aug 03, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: For once,Abagworo does have a point; I think investigation should be carried out before any demolition takes place.

Nwanne be careful whenever you stand on anything with abagworo, like a typical enemy he does not mean well. Onlytruth has come to realize that just like many of us. His view on anything concerning Anambra is usually tribalized, so be watchful on what you want to agree with him.

@ the topic: Am sure that the government has got a concrete report and evidence that nailed the owner of the hotel. Obi's security revolution is working in Anambra particularly the commercial/economic city of Onitsha that hosts many people from different parts of the country and beyond.

The measures are working, because sanity has been taken to another level in the city of Onitsha, the Headbridge down to Upper Iweka has been transformed and sanitized to fit the modern society with police and AVS patrol maintaining peace and orderliness.

Obi appears soft, but dude has got a lion heart to lead and revolutionize.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Delafruita(m): 10:14am On Aug 03, 2013
Onlytruth:

Don't know the whole story, but I believe there is a law in Anambra that empowers him to do that.
In some US states, if a person gets caught for certain petty crimes (like shoplifting), for the third time, they go straight to jail; no trial.
So, it depends on what the law says in Anambra state.
If there is no concurrent federal law, then it is legal. BTW the Land Use Act of 1978 vests land in the state governors. That is why Fashola is terrorizing innocent people in Lagos.
you misinterprete the land use act.the only power the government has is to revoke a c of o if,and only if,it has a requirement for that particular place and in such cases,compensation must be paid.even if there is a law in anambra which enables him to demolish properties of offenders,isnt it proper to wait till such offenders have been found guilty by a competent court?even the,the criminal code act of 1990 remains the standard for trying criminal cases.the state government of anambra does not prosecute such offences.that is the duty of the police.thats why the case file will read commisioner of police v accused.

the proposal to demolish or the act of demolishing the property of an offender is alien to our system and i doubt there's any society where such is practised.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Onlytruth(m): 10:21am On Aug 03, 2013
Delafruita:
you misinterprete the land use act.the only power the government has is to revoke a c of o if,and only if,it has a requirement for that particular place and in such cases,compensation must be paid.even if there is a law in anambra which enables him to demolish properties of offenders,isnt it proper to wait till such offenders have been found guilty by a competent court?even the,the criminal code act of 1990 remains the standard for trying criminal cases.the state government of anambra does not prosecute such offences.that is the duty of the police.thats why the case file will read commisioner of police v accused.

the proposal to demolish or the act of demolishing the property of an offender is alien to our system and i doubt there's any society where such is practised.

First of all, the Land Use Act empowers the governor to take land "for public interest". If you read the article well, you would see that there was an option of outright "taking" -basically a concern that originated from the "eminent domain" principle. As long as he is doing so for public good, he can take the whole land. On the issue of compensation, you may run into another issue of "proceeds of crime". Do you pay an armed robber for his house you know he built through armed robbery? I think not.

There are detail of which I may not be able to discuss, but on the face of it, it looks legal enough to me.

@Bolded, I have learned never to say NEVER in law because you have not traveled the whole world to examine every law in every country.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Abagworo(m): 11:40am On Aug 03, 2013
chino11:

Nwanne be careful whenever you stand on anything with abagworo, like a typical enemy he does not mean well. Onlytruth has come to realize that just like many of us. His view on anything concerning Anambra is usually tribalized, so be watchful on what you want to agree with him.

@ the topic: Am sure that the government has got a concrete report and evidence that nailed the owner of the hotel. Obi's security revolution is working in Anambra particularly the commercial/economic city of Onitsha that hosts many people from different parts of the country and beyond.

The measures are working, because sanity has been taken to another level in the city of Onitsha, the Headbridge down to Upper Iweka has been transformed and sanitized to fit the modern society with police and AVS patrol maintaining peace and orderliness.

Obi appears soft, but dude has got a lion heart to lead and revolutionize.

I'm a real man and stand by truth and justice forever and will always see beyond your childish reasoning. I'm sure if this had happened in Imo State, the next thing your type would do is gang up with other Nigerians and try to narrow down the issue to Imo State being ritual killers and all those superstitious belief of unenlightened people like you. I'm happy all my examples happened in Imo State otherwise some gullible people would have bought into your stupid idea.
Re: Gov. Peter Obi Demolishes Hotel Where Human Heads Were Discovered by Zonacom(m): 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
Chino and abagworo, always quarelling like 'ndi nwunye di'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote,Adenuga,Otedola,18 Others Make Forbes List. / Ebola: Doctors Reject Sept 22 Schools’ Resumption Date / Alledged Mourning In Abia As INEC Declare Ikpeazu Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.