Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

The 700 Club! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 700 Club! (1604 Views)

Taraba PDP Chairman, 700 Others Denied Voting / Five Countries To Send 8,700 Troops To Help Jonathan's Govt. Fight Boko Haram / Ivory Coast And The 700 Club - An Eye Opener (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 700 Club! by Chxta(m): 10:08am On Aug 23, 2005
Is it any wonder why any outspoken religious figure today is pretty much presumed to be a complete kook?

What I like is the Venezuelan site:
http://www.vheadline.com/readnews.asp?id=45605
with the telling headline: 'Christian' Pat Robertson calls for the assassination of Venezuela's President Chavez

Note the emphasis on the quotes.

How much more is it going to take for so many of these freaks to be recognized for the inhumane, immoral creeps that they are? The guy says this on a religious program, of all things. American Taliban, anyone?

There are some who are calling for Muslims to help confront the problem of extremists in their midst who have perverted teachings to the point of terrorism. But if you take that argument seriously, you could easily say there's an equal argument for many Christians to equally confront people who profess to speak for their religious beliefs like this idiot.
Re: The 700 Club! by stimulus(m): 12:32pm On May 07, 2007
Chxta:

There are some who are calling for Muslims to help confront the problem of extremists in their midst who have perverted teachings to the point of terrorism. But if you take that argument seriously, you could easily say there's an equal argument for many Christians to equally confront people who profess to speak for their religious beliefs like this idiot.

Right, after the televised speech of "this idiot", the terrorists on the other side are still with us today and multiplying - NO??
Re: The 700 Club! by nferyn(m): 1:44pm On May 07, 2007
stimulus:

Right, after the televised speech of "this idiot", the terrorists on the other side are still with us today and multiplying - NO??
And that's a reason to accept the idiocy of Robertson?
Re: The 700 Club! by stimulus(m): 1:56pm On May 07, 2007
nferyn:

And that's a reason to accept the idiocy of Robertson?

Excuse me, where did I say I [b]accept[/b]ed it?
Re: The 700 Club! by nferyn(m): 4:11pm On May 07, 2007
stimulus:

Excuse me, where did I say I [b]accept[/b]ed it?
I'm sorry if I implied it from your response. So, if I'm not mistaken, you also oppose the dominionists in the US and the havoc they create (e.g. terrorist attacks on abortion clinics)?
Re: The 700 Club! by stimulus(m): 5:12pm On May 07, 2007
@nferyn,

I'm sorry as well if i sounded a bit off there, lol. Please forgive me - pressure in my office.

In any event, I might have been misread, but the point was that two wrongs don't make any right.
Re: The 700 Club! by nferyn(m): 8:23pm On May 07, 2007
@ stimulus,

You're right about that wink

cheers
Re: The 700 Club! by adconline(m): 11:25pm On May 07, 2007
Did you not know that Pat Robertson blamed pagans, abortionists, feminists, gays and lesbians for 9/11. I dont take these guys seriously. They are only after their tithes from their gullible minded followers.

http://www.actupny.org/YELL/falwell.html.

(1) (Reply)

What Do Tou Think About 9/11 Attacks / Where Are All The Obasanjo Apologists? / Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.