Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? (1297 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / In What Way Is God Good? Inviting Mr Anony And Any Intersted Party / Are Men Of God Good Role Models? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2013
Using the story of the destruction of the Amalekites in 1 Samuel 15: 2-3. you asked how a so called good God can order the destruction of both men, women, children ,cattle and the rest of the possession of the Amalek. Well today, that same God has sent you an answer to why what happened, happened.

EVERY WICKED MAN IS JUDGED BY GOD.
GOD IS GOOD TO THE GOOD and WICKED TO THE WICKED.
A HEART MADE UP TO DO EVIL CAN DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING, so God acts to take that power away from him to stop the extent that made-up wicked and merciless heart can go to do atrocities.

Reading from 1 Samuel 15:1-2, you can see one significant reason why Saul was anointed King was to fulfil an earlier vow made by the same God that had chosen him as the King to rule over his People; the Israelites in the old testament.

The Amalekites were judged because of their wickedness against the Israelites when they were yet wandering in the wilderness.
The story of the amalekites is how God was called the name JehovahNissi Exodus 17:8-16. The judgement of the Amalekites as given by God to Saul was a vow he made in Ex 17:16 (KJV) '' For he said, Because the Lord hath sworn that the Lord will have war with Amalek from generation to generation".
They were to be punished for waylaying the Israelites when they were defenceless, weak, and without their own place, when they were still wandering in the wilderness. The Amalekites knowing all these, still came against them in the desert. It Pained God to see the children of Israel being attacked when they could not help their selves, so God Vowed to make sure the Amalek paid for what they did and emphasized it again to Moses in Numbers 24:20 and Deuteronomy 25:17-19 "Remember what Amalek did unto thee by the way, when ye were come forth out of Egypt; How he met thee by the way, and smote the hindmost of thee, even all that were feeble behind thee, when thou wast faint and weary; and he feared not God, Therefore it shall be, when the Lord thy God hath given thee rest from all thine enemies round about, in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it, that thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven; thou shalt not forget it".
In fact, God was so committed to fulfilling the vow that he had to reject Saul quickly for disobeying the assignment "And Samuel said unto Saul, I will not return with thee: for thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord hath rejected thee from being king over Israel
1 Sam 15:26 (KJV)".
WICKED PEOPLE ALWAYS PAY FOR THEIR WICKEDNESS.
Yes God visits the wickedness with their own evil and destruction. it is not because he is God, but that the wicked man will do evil as long as it takes, so he executes judgement speedily on the wicked and heartless to stop his hand and his power.THERE IS ALWAYS a CAUSE for every CURSE.

To theHomer and to his followers,you must be very important to God for him to send you this explanation, i just pray you have understanding.

1 Like

Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by UyiIredia(m): 11:17am On Aug 03, 2013
I am sure he won't be impressed by this argument.

1 Like

Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by ooman(m): 11:19am On Aug 03, 2013
Who will punish your god for flooding the earth, for multiple genocide of women and children of canaan and amalek etc?
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 11:11pm On Aug 03, 2013
let us just do what he says then we won't come into judgement.
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by mantraa: 12:49am On Aug 04, 2013
The fact that this fictional story is so horrific is bad enough. It is even worse that you think it is true and actually happened and are justifying an act of mass murder (including the murder of innocent children) only makes it worse. This evil, jealous, vindictive fictional god you worship is a genocidal maniac worse than hitler. You must know that genocide is wrong no matter what. An omniscient, all powerful god must know this too.
What a bad example to set
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 1:25am On Aug 04, 2013
it has always been in the nature of man to speak against God.
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by ooman(m): 3:18am On Aug 04, 2013
momomomo: it has always been in the nature of man to speak against God.

because gods are useless and evil
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 6:53am On Aug 04, 2013
no, because your heart is made up to do its bidding. a heart that is made up can do every thing and anything. be careful what you are thinking right now.it will do you no good and it will lead to disgrace.
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by plaetton: 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
@op:

Why does man need god? In other words, In what way is god beneficial to man ?

And most importantly also, why does god need man so desperately?
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
God needs man and Man needs God. it is because of man's nature of choice that makes God so attracted to man. Man can Choose. His ability to chose on his own, what he will do is a God GIVEN ABILITY. God wants man to chose to love him willingly without being forced. That is why a man can decide to become whatever he wants to be. If the choice is to be what God wants him to be, he is very glad and happy about the person. Only then, he reveals his true personality to that person to better understand him. He needs an opportunity to show WHO HE IS to man. so you can call it "being desperate". Man is a special being uniquely made that way so that man can commune with God on a personal level. Man needs God to guide his ways. Every way and anyway may not necessarily be the right way though he desires to do the right thing. So man needs God so that he does not ignore the things he ought to be doing. Whatever the case, man needs God and God needs man. Both cannot do without the other, both are connected, both are ready to behave as one in love. the beloved to the loved. the truth is God loves man
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by Mudley313: 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
momomomo: God needs man and Man needs God. it is because of man's nature of choice that makes God so attracted to man. Man can Choose. His ability to chose on his own, what he will do is a God GIVEN ABILITY. God wants man to chose to love him willingly without being forced. That is why a man can decide to become whatever he wants to be. If the choice is to be what God wants him to be, he is very glad and happy about the person. Only then, he reveals his true personality to that person to better understand him. He needs an opportunity to show WHO HE IS to man. so you can call it "being desperate". Man is a special being uniquely made that way so that man can commune with God on a personal level. Man needs God to guide his ways. Every way and anyway may not necessarily be the right way though he desires to do the right thing. So man needs God so that he does not ignore the things he ought to be doing. Whatever the case, man needs God and God needs man. Both cannot do without the other, both are connected, both are ready to behave as one in love. the beloved to the loved. the truth is God loves man

this your god sounds like an insecure control freak
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
God is a lovely father and cannot control man. in fact that is why he wants to have a relationship with man. it can only be willingly because he naturally cannot force or compel any man. that aspect of man is why he needs man to come to him willingly with a deliberate and conscious mind. that is Gold to God. A heart ready to accept him. God cannot control you or me. you must decide to either come to him or chose to not. the first choice is the best choice of openly your heart a little to him. you will never really and truly know who he his if you give him no chance. God needs a chance to make himself known to every man.why have you never given him a chance to know him, what are you afraid of? he is not going to force you, how can you love someone that forces you to love him. that can't be real
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by plaetton: 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
momomomo: God needs man and Man needs God. it is because of man's nature of choice that makes God so attracted to man. Man can Choose. His ability to chose on his own, what he will do is a God GIVEN ABILITY. God wants man to chose to love him willingly without being forced. That is why a man can decide to become whatever he wants to be. If the choice is to be what God wants him to be, he is very glad and happy about the person. Only then, he reveals his true personality to that person to better understand him. He needs an opportunity to show WHO HE IS to man. so you can call it "being desperate". Man is a special being uniquely made that way so that man can commune with God on a personal level. Man needs God to guide his ways. Every way and anyway may not necessarily be the right way though he desires to do the right thing. So man needs God so that he does not ignore the things he ought to be doing. Whatever the case, man needs God and God needs man. Both cannot do without the other, both are connected, both are ready to behave as one in love. the beloved to the loved. the truth is God loves man

So if man says BS to god, then what happens to god?
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
its in the nature of man to say all kinds of thing to God. time will present itself for that man to know what he wants. Every new day is another opportunity to change, so he does not do any thing but present opportunities for such person.
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by plaetton: 10:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
momomomo: its in the nature of man to say all kinds of thing to God. time will present itself for that man to know what he wants. Every new day is another opportunity to change, so he does not do any thing but present opportunities for such person.

You didn't answer my question. Since all relations are between the two, if man says bs to god and divorces god, and the notion of god from his mind and heart, what then happens to god?
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by mazaje(m): 5:20am On Aug 05, 2013
All these talk about god and what he wants. ..Pls when will you guys allow god to speak for himself. . .You just have fictional stories about some god character that people invented and you spend all your time trying to defend the idea that is the center of the story as if the stories are real. . .Most of these stories are not real, they are pure fiction. . .
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 5:28am On Aug 05, 2013
@plaetton Removing God from your heart and even the slightest notion of him does not change the fact that he is God. what you just did is to deny him and every possible way to believe in him.that is your choice. you have just done what you want but on the day of judgement you will not be able to say you never knew about him or given opportunity to know him. it shall be a day of reckoning. there is a punishment to every man that denies the existence of God and denies an opportunity to know him.
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 5:32am On Aug 05, 2013
@mazeje They are as real as you.they were also on this earth as you are now.
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by mazaje(m): 5:41am On Aug 05, 2013
momomomo: @mazeje They are as real as you.they were also on this earth as you are now.

Saying they are real doesn't make them real. . .
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 7:00am On Aug 05, 2013
what makes you think they are not as real as you are now. Doubting their existence before you in this world is denying your existence as well. if you want to accept that you are not real, then your mental faculty becomes questionable.the persons whose job it is to detect things like that becomes interested in determining the point at which you have denied your very existence. in the same way you cannot say your are not real, is the same way you cannot say they aren't real otherwise the nation Israel today would have been unreal.they live here on earth just the way you are living.one day you too will be forgotten but no one will say you weren't real
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:54am On Aug 05, 2013
There goes that inane argumentative position again, I am God because I say I am God and the Bible supports it and so forth.. angry angry angry
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 9:05am On Aug 05, 2013
if you want to know who Jesus is, just say this; Lord Jesus, I come to you today. I ask that you forgive me my sins, I accept you today as my lord and as my saviour, thank you Jesus for saving me!, I know that I am free and today I am justified. thank you for setting me free in Jesus name. amen. well congratulation, you are now born again.God will now reveal who he is to you now.
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 9:09am On Aug 05, 2013
@lagerwhenindoubt No, not the argument but the TRUTH.the truth will stand the test of time and it will always be the truth. that is why it still hasn't died. it has stood the test of time because it is the truth, the truth is the truth
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by frank317: 10:47am On Aug 05, 2013
@momomomo

U sound like u so much believe in what u are saying, but u are not really convincing. Ur answers are just different from what had always been overflogged, but u still leave me with more questions.

U were asked what will happen if man rejects God. Why does God need man? What does he stand to gain by man praising him and praying to him bla bla bla?

And the answers u gave made no sense. U said nothing will change if man does not accept God, yet u accept that man will be punished for not doing so.

Why does the fact that man chooses not to accept God makes him so angry that he is willin to throw millions into hell for ever? Why does in hurt him to the extent that he can take such decision.

Since he gave us choice, why does he punish us for the choice we make? Since the choice me make does not change him why is he okay with seeing us burn forever.

Remember he still has the power to change it all, it just seems he loves so much drama. Unfortunately he is not to blame for the kind of terrible world he created. He has to even reveal himself to us with just a book. He allows a child to be born into a hindu family and threathens to burn the child for ever for not believing or convertin to islam or christianity(which ever is right) but he thinks its perfect if a christian does not convert to hindu. what would u have done of u were born into a buddist family?
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by frank317: 10:49am On Aug 05, 2013
@momomomo

U sound like u so much believe in what u are saying, but u are not really convincing. Ur answers are just different from what had always been overflogged, but u still leave me with more questions.

U were asked what will happen if man rejects God. Why does God need man? What does he stand to gain by man praising him and praying to him bla bla bla?

And the answers u gave made no sense. U said nothing will change if man does not accept God, yet u accept that man will be punished for not doing so.

Why does the fact that man chooses not to accept God makes him so angry that he is willin to throw millions into hell for ever? Why does in hurt him to the extent that he can take such decision.

Since he gave us choice, why does he punish us for the choice we make? Since the choice me make does not change him why is he okay with seeing us burn forever.

Remember he still has the power to change it all, it just seems he loves so much drama. Unfortunately he is not to blame for the kind of terrible world he created. He has to even reveal himself to us with just a book. He allows a child to be born into a hindu family and threathens to burn the child for ever for not believing or convertin to islam or christianity(which ever is right) but he thinks its perfect if a christian does not convert to hindu. what would u have done of u were born into a buddist family?
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by mazaje(m): 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
momomomo: what makes you think they are not as real as you are now. Doubting their existence before you in this world is denying your existence as well. if you want to accept that you are not real, then your mental faculty becomes questionable.the persons whose job it is to detect things like that becomes interested in determining the point at which you have denied your very existence. in the same way you cannot say your are not real, is the same way you cannot say they aren't real otherwise the nation Israel today would have been unreal.they live here on earth just the way you are living.one day you too will be forgotten but no one will say you weren't real

The bible is a book of fables, all the stories about Jesus were made up. . .
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2013
@frank 3:16 Man is given the opportunity to chose.Now when his choice is to reject God, he is considered as one that is blind to knowing the truth.A blind man cannot see, in the same way, that man does not know what is the right way to go.Hence God does not give him up till all possible opportunities has been exhausted (i.e. till he leaves this world).he is also considered as one that is sleeping and needs to be awaken, so he presents ways to get across to him so the man can open his eyes and see clearly.it is after he dies that he is punished, as long as he can live to whatever age as he can in this world, every new day is another opportunity to hear it, see it or believe it.
why does God need man? God needs man because he wants to relate with man on a personal level. there is no mysticism about God. God can be related with.too many lies has made people to think he cannot be reach. he can but by man allowing him. so God needs man because he knows that once man starts seeking for answers, he will be close by to give him.its in man's nature to want to know, to seek out and to want to understand things around him.
what does he stands to gain? that he is above all
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2013
@masaje. the life of the persons that lived before you in life cannot be termed as fables just because they have been forgotten. so when you are forgotten one day in future, does it deny the fact that you once lived? No! the same thing about the bible. these account of this people existed before you were born and will still be told after you are gone.that is the truth and cannot change and will never change no matter what man does.
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by mazaje(m): 6:15pm On Aug 05, 2013
momomomo: @masaje. the life of the persons that lived before you in life cannot be termed as fables just because they have been forgotten. so when you are forgotten one day in future, does it deny the fact that you once lived? No! the same thing about the bible. these account of this people existed before you were born and will still be told after you are gone.that is the truth and cannot change and will never change no matter what man does.

Yeah same with Mohammed the prophet of islam, everything he did was true, Allah sent him as his last messenger, same with the greek gods and hindu gods, they are all real and everything written about them is true. . .Next!
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2013
@OP

When the Missionaries arrived, the Africans had the Land and the Missionaries had the
Bible. They taught us how to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, they had the land and we had the Bible. - Jomo Kenyatta.....

European expansion throughout Africa(or anywhere), slavery and colonialism could not have been possible without christinsanity and dogma missionaries......The Perception most have that these ppl came to civilize a barbaric race...to tame the beastly nature of our unnatural ways and to introduce light to our darkened unintelligent minds by way of Christ was the greatest strategy the European White man has used to bolster their power throughout history....

............*kolo mentality....

1 Like

Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2013
@mazaje anybody can come out with his own way but the right one is what is the truth. the truth is that God loves man. what does the rest preach? the bible came out from the one that owns the truth. he is the only God not of hands or ideas. it has to be willingly to believe it.
Re: ANSWER TO Thehomer Question, In What Way Is God Good? by momomomo: 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2013
@folykaze race is not a factor before God. the missionaries came to do what he came for but the records of these persons were not the same with the ones that came with development. that's where the problem lies. one came to preach and left, the other came to develop and remained with his schemes.both came for different purpose. purpose is every thing and that purpose led to Christianity in Africa and other continents of the world.there is always the desire of man telling him to manipulate the defenceless and helpless, it is man doing what it has decided to do. God gives every one equal chance and opportunity so he will know the truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You / Exclusion Of Non-muslim From Islamic Related Thread / Why Atheism Is A Religion (and Why Everybody Has Got Religion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.