Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,843 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State (29232 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Governor Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shoki At APC Rally In Owerri / Apc’ll Take Over Abia In 2015 –okorocha of imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2013
The All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) has just suspended the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha.

Source AIT

5 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by 2mch(m): 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2013
Since you are writing for apga are you confirming that apga is a glorified pdp

2 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The All Progressive Congress (APGA) has just suspended the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha.

Source AIT
the real apga or pdp apga, lesser is always better when you have presidential backing.

16 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2013
DATS GUD FOR HIM

4 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Enegod(m): 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
someone should confirm this
Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
APGA should avoid creating unnecessary crisis. Efforts should be channelled towards developing a vibrant economy in South East.

That said, Rochas Okorocha was wrong to unilaterally move APGA in Imo State into APC

Somethings in life are more important than Presidential politics

3 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by ujchief(m): 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2013
Apga has just confirmed they aren't part of the merger. Rochas can now fully convert to APC like he always wanted.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by asha80(m): 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2013
somehow i think this is a blessing in disguise.why?well it now means okorocha is fully in apc now(more on his own).now knowing that apc has some issues getting grounds in the south east it means okorocha has to work harder to prove that apc is it and in the process imo state and citizens benefit from it.
Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by kkkp: 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The All Progressive Congress (APGA) has just suspended the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha.

Source AIT

APC is really tormenting you. I dey laugh in GEJ's accent.

27 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by kkkp: 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
grin grin grin
Prof Corruption:

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by dayodunce: 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2013
Just heard Okorocha was suspended on AIT. Okoro Rochas is a disgrace. angry

5 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Gbawe: 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2013
Prof Corruption:

grin grin grin grin grin grin The dude probably wakes up shouting APC !!!!

@Topic. Okorocha is now an APC Governor. Whatever his future ambition, he is in a better position by being a Governor who now has many other governors he can legitimately call Party colleagues. This suspension means nothing politically.

17 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2013
Thumb up.
Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2013
Gbawe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin The dude probably wakes up shouting APC !!!!

@Topic. Okorocha is now an APC Governor. Whatever his future ambition, he is in a better position by being a Governor who now has many other governors he can legitimately call Party colleagues. This suspension means nothing politically.

Well it means in 2015 he will have to defeat PDP and APGA candidates

That is definitely something. South East is not yet sold on ACN or APC yet, you will realise this in 2015!

11 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Duru1(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2013
APGA should have expelled Rochas Okorocha from the party so that impeachment process will follow immediately.

4 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Indifferent(m): 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2013
Rochas is a disappointment

3 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by asha80(m): 6:34pm On Aug 03, 2013
Duru1: APGA should have expelled Rochas Okorocha from the party so that impeachment process will follow immediately.
impeachment based on what?

9 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 03, 2013
Indifferent: Rochas is a disappointment

am not suprised

in 2011 I recognised his victory powered by his efforts in Philantropy but I always questioned his sophistication and I have been proven right

Executive office is not for everyone

2 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Gbawe: 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Gbawe: 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2013
mikeansy:

Well it means in 2015 he will have to defeat PDP and APGA candidates

That is definitely something. South East is not yet sold on ACN or APC yet, you will realise this in 2015!

My good friend, I have nothing to "realize" in 2015 as someone everyone here knows has always advocated leaders must be elected on nothing other than merit, their history of effective administration, service delivery and performance. I have seen/experienced enough of the world to know that this is what is universal to progress while we host sentiments and self-destructive bias in Nigeria. All Okorocha has to do is govern well on behalf of the electorate and Imolites, if not an aberrant electorate, will return him as Governors.

Unless of course you are now, in a subtle manner, insinuating that the SE is sentimental and clannish enough to reject Okorocha, if he has performed very well, merely because of the Party he is running under. If cutting their own nose to spite their face is what you mean by "South East is not yet sold on ACN or APC yet" then you should be intelligent enough to realize who the ultimate loser will be vis-a-vis the concept of effective and merit-led leadership, that delivers progress, being compromised by ethnocentric bias. Other than poor performance, I don't see why Okorochas Party platform should have anything to do with the choice Imolites make since he is an incumbent they can directly assess in a purely political and non-sentimental capacity.

57 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by asha80(m): 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2013
mikeansy:

am not suprised

in 2011 I recognised his victory powered by his efforts in Philantropy but I always questioned his sophistication and I have been proven right

Executive office is not for everyone
i think all that is needed is for rochas to work effectively for imo populace and he would be retained.the average person in imo is not really interested in the party(though ohakim through pdp left a sour taste in the mouth of average imo populace).

3 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
Gbawe:

My good friend, I have nothing to "realize" in 2015 as someone everyone here knows has always advocated leaders must be elected on nothing other than merit, their history of effective administration, service delivery and performance. I have seen/experienced enough of the world to know that this is what is universal to progress while we host sentiments and self-destructive bias in Nigeria. All Okorocha has to do is govern well on behalf of the electorate and Imolites, if not an aberrant electorate, will return him as Governors.

Unless of course you are now, in a subtle manner, insinuating that the SE is sentimental and clannish enough to reject Okorocha, if he has performed very well, merely because of the Party he is running under. If cutting their own nose to spite their face is what you mean by "South East is not yet sold on ACN or APC yet" then you should be intelligent enough to realize who the ultimate loser will be vis-a-vis the concept of effective and merit-led leadership, that delivers progress, being compromised by ethnocentric bias. Other than poor performance, I don't see why Okorochas Party platform should have anything to do with the choice Imolites make since he is an incumbent they can directly assess in a purely political and non-sentimental capacity.

Bad news for you Okorocha has not been governing well. So he will loose!

5 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by backtosender: 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
asha 80: somehow i think this is a blessing in disguise.why?well it now means okorocha is fully in apc now(more on his own).now knowing that apc has some issues getting grounds in the south east it means okorocha has to work harder to prove that apc is it and in the process imo state and citizens benefit from it.
gbam iji okwu
Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Duru1(m): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
asha 80: impeachment based on what?

I suggest you pickup a copy of Nigerian constitution.

4 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by dspices(m): 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2013
A good leader alway see it for the masses not for himself Okoroncha see for igbo land not for pdp apga

1 Like

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
Congratulations to Rochas and Imo State. Time to port to the PROGRESSIVES. cool grin

5 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Sometimes I wonder the level of education attained by most Nairalanders. Rochas is doing perfectly well in infrastructural development and has so many ideas which I admire with the best being the "youths must work" program. I'm happy that each time I visit imo I feel proud of being an Igbo man and also believe we have a bright future. Let the haters hate on while Rochas keeps delivering the goodies. I pray for him not to be deterred by the attacks of the PDThieves. I'm also glad he got rid of the APGA godfathers who needed Imo money.

17 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
Abagworo:

Sometimes I wonder the level of education attained by most Nairalanders. Rochas is doing perfectly well in infrastructural development and has so many ideas which I admire with the best being the "youths must work" program. I'm happy that each time I visit imo I feel proud of being an Igbo man and also believe we have a bright future. Let the haters hate on while Rochas keeps delivering the goodies. I pray for him not to be deterred by the attacks of the PDThieves. I'm also glad he got rid of the APGA godfathers who needed Imo money.

which part of Imo do you visit abeg? I want to go there too!

I have not seen this great work by Rochas.

4 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by Duru1(m): 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
Abagworo:

Please pin-point the section of Imo State with the so-called infrastructural development.

9 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by duality(m): 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2013
some of the responses here are most unfortunate. I'm not from the SE; but I will be surprised if Rochas is not questioned about his action. He was in PDP abi APP when APGA was formed. He got to the govt house through the party, and then factionalized the party, moved some of its structure to another party without consultations. If that is not anti- party activities, then nothing is.

Haba. let us remove sentiments aside Rochas got it wrong. Well, He has already moved to APC so no problems with that

4 Likes

Re: APGA Suspends Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State by dayodunce: 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2013
Abagworo:

Dis development is a mirage. I have not seen anything not even good road. Get out of here with my village man politics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amaechi: Govs Asked Jonathan To Share Oil Savings Because He Was Mismanaging It / Man Compares Suspension Of Saraki Dad In 80s By Senate & Ali Ndume's Suspension / My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.