Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,577 members, 7,837,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Love. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love. (550 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love. by oyetimein(m): 1:44am On Aug 04, 2013
There could be various ways to define it, love. But here is my personal definition, love is like a plant with fibrous root system, it would rarely, or totally die. No wonder when you ask from a couple who just broke up or got divorced, most especially the women - "with the way things are, do you still love your man?" The first thing she says is yes i do but... the "but" i am sure has to do with the pain at that moment. Give her some time, she would be the first to snap out of it and would begin to say sorry for the things she didnt even do in the first place. I am not saying this to prove that women are weak, but to confirm that in them the best seed has been sown and grown. That is why when they tried to kill it, they both forgot it has a root. What seem like the aforemetioned weakness of awoman is one of the most single reason why today, some broken relationships are re-budding i.e. ground or hard soil (issues) are paving way for new stems and branches (hope for a new day or second chance if you may). The only one and true catalyst of change and growth is love, unquenchable, unstoppable and undeniable.
I may not be an expart on the subject matter but in my own opinion and view, i have come to observe that, love as a seed once sown in any human rarely ever dies. As a matter of fact when i hear people re-emphasize that God is love and none other can be compared to it, i sincerely agree. But here i am saying it as it pertains to human feelings towards another human, and to be more specific, love towards the opposit sex i.e. a man towards a woman. From the aforementioned, i am not saying that other ways with which people show and express love is wrong, everyone has a right to express love in any way they choose to.
And to help bring this topic to a sharper focus, personally i will share a bit of mine and a couple of other experiences with you.
Sometime ago i met and found love in a young and naive lady, in which at the time i honestly appreciated and chrished, but as time went by as i advanced in age and status, i felt i deserved more and thougth of moving on - expanding my horizon and reach. So i began to scheme out ways to quit that relationship i.e. i started with picking offense at any and every little thing she does or say, avoiding her and not picking her calls with the excuss that " i am in class or busy with one assignment or the other". Eventually, countless number of times i succeeded in causing the break ups - but God knows we never really were able to totally break up. Unknown to me, that having sown the seed, nursed it and saw it grow does not mean i have a complete control or power over if it would remain or die. Love is really more than what we see, hear or feel - it is a life of its own.
In another scenario, i was best friend to couple in a relationship, that means i knew how it all began, had at one time counsel one of both parties, there is little i dont know about that relationship, except for what happens behind the blinds... it is always the man who cannot be trusted.... please permit me to do this again with you in "love(2)".

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me I Don't Want To Drop Out Of School.. Part2 / Loving & "Falling In Love": Can We Love Without Falling In Love? / Is It A Man's Fault If His Wife Runs Away From Her Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.