Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,319 members, 7,867,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:32 AM

Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra (26952 Views)

Chukwuma Soludo's Manifesto In 2009 When Contested For Governorship Position / List Of Candidates For Anambra 2014 Governorship Election / A Manifesto For APC To Adopt: My Vision For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by DanAnyiam: 11:55am On Aug 06, 2013
Onlytruth:

I think the guy is debating with prejudice. You can't reason with a prejudiced mind.

The man that swore at Ogwugwu shrine (Dr Ngige) still kicked the thug he swore to pay, because he himself realized that Anambra deserve better. If that is not being civilized I wonder what is.

In this election, my choices were Soludo and Ngige; but Ngige did himself in by supporting Fashola's deportation of Ndigbo, so that sealed his fate for me. But even before that I believed that Soludo is the more qualified candidate.
Ngige only expedited his own political demise himself.

For now, if somehow Soludo fails to snap APGA ticket, it might even go to Obaze.
In Anambra it is either APGA or PDP.
APC will NEVER win Anambra state.
This is another generalisation, you sat in your bed room and decided for yourself that Ngige's faith is sealed. My stance on the deportation is in sharp contrast with Ngige but that doesn't suddenly seal his faith and he is no longer a good candidate, Almost 99 percent of black population in the U.S was against same sex marriage President Obama was championing with vigour, does that then sealed his chance with the black voters in the last election? The answer is no, he still get a resounding majority of their vote.
Whenever I read some of you make this kind of generalised statement about a huge issue or stake, you need to ask who do you think you are? Speak for yourself.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 06, 2013
Dan Anyiam:
Where did some of your get this numpty idea that South East don't want APC? Since when does your personal choice represents South East? What is APC? A new formed political party made up of former ACN, CPC,ANPP, A faction of APGA and few other fring parties. Which of those parties doesn't exist in the SE before? Some of you PDP sympathisers should get a grip. Whenever you talk about south east, please kindly speak for yourself. South East opened to every political party, then individually we all make our choices and stop this stupid generalisation.

Every political party is welcomed in the East because their presence is secured by the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. So long as they find members they are welcomed.

But what folks are saying is South East will never be an APC strong-hold just as it was not for ACN or CPC

The very partisan Igbos will always be in APGA while the mederates used to be in PDP.

Now APGA is moving to the centre and you will find that APGA will be number 1 in South East soon followed by PDP. APC will only manage a distant 3rd at best
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by DanAnyiam: 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
mekaboy:

Lol, guy u r not well. The greatest qualities of any governor is integrity and passion, education will broaden the persons understanding of a situation, hence enabling him make informed decisions.

Banking as a CBN governor requires critical thinking. As a governor you are worried about state funds, as CBN governor you are worried about nations funds, which is far much more than state.
I am not against Soludo, am only asking you guys to tone down this over the top sermon that a messiah has arrived. Like I said, Soludo is a teacher and of establishment background. They are called the theory me, salary men, probably a good guy. But when they get into govt, they realised that its no longer theory or foreign currency speculation and giving lectures at conferences, but it its rolling up your sleeve and get your hand dirty and dealing with all sorts of people situation. Again I am not saying he is incapable of doing those, but very often, whenever theory/salary oriented men gets into power, it always ends in disappointment. So tone it down.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dan Anyiam:
This is another generalisation, you sat in your bed room and decided for yourself that Ngige's faith is sealed. My stance on the deportation is in sharp contrast with Ngige but that doesn't suddenly seal his faith and he is no longer a good candidate, Almost 99 percent of black population in the U.S was against same sex marriage President Obama was championing with vigour, does that then sealed his chance with the black voters in the last election? The answer is no, he still get a resounding majority of their vote.
Whenever I read some of you make this kind of generalised statement about a huge issue or stake, you need to ask who do you think you are? Speak for yourself.

Gay issue can not seal Obama's fate amongst blacks, but if Trayvor martins was killed in 2010 and Obama supports the "stand your ground policy" in favour of George Zimermann? He will not get 30% of the black vote!
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by bushwailo: 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
mikeansy:

Every political party is welcomed in the East because their presence is secured by the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. So long as they find members they are welcomed.

But what folks are saying is South East will never be an APC strong-hold just as it was not for ACN or CPC

The very partisan Igbos will always be in APGA while the mederates used to be in PDP.

Now APGA is moving to the centre and you will find that APGA will be number 1 in South East soon followed by PDP. APC will only manage a distant 3rd at best
Why are you in denial.
Rochas just dumped APGA and Obis tenure is coming to an end.
APGA hasnt even got a leadership.
The most confused party in Nigeria.

Are you brainless ?
Haven't you notived that APGA is just a ground for unaligned mercenaries who want to run for office ?

Every day its Ume Chekwas Ume Chekwas.
One faction of APGA is even in APC
Very soon we will have a Soludo faction, Obi faction and Ubah faction

Please don't make a laughing stock of my state.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by DanAnyiam: 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2013
mikeansy:

Some of you should get real and I kept repeating that you speak only for yourself. I knew for a fact that not many Igbo bought the wicked propaganda Jonathan and his PDP thugs has made of Buhari in the last few years because of politics, Due to our stupid tribal sentiment, they have successfully painted Buhari we knew to become this demon he is not because of politics, not everybody is fooled.
ACN has a strong hold in the east, just as election results has shown recently.

If you guys has brain, you should know by now that if Nigeria is to survive 2015, everything is naturally gearing toward what we had with SDP/NRC i.e two parties system. The likes of APGA and co will die a natural death and disappear. Why would you be partisan? When has a partisan person ever makes rational decision that doesn't bother on emotion, hate and bigotry?
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dan Anyiam:
Some of you should get real and I kept repeating that you speak only for yourself. I knew for a fact that not many Igbo bought the wicked propaganda Jonathan and his PDP thug has made of Buhari in the last few year because of politics, ACN has a strong hold in the east, just as election results has shown recently.

If you guys has brain, you should know by now that if Nigeria is to survive 2015, everything is naturally gearing toward what we had with SDP/NRC i.e two parties system. The likes of APGA and co will die a natural death and disappear.

please provide your proof that ACN has a strong hold in South East, Has ACN more won elections in the South East than APGA? let alone PDP

If Nigeria ends up as a 2 party state, South East will be a PDP strong hold

and by the way, you speak for yourself too just as everyone else
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dan Anyiam:
I am against Soludo, am only asking you guys to tone down this over the top sermon that a messiah has arrived. Like I said, Soludo is a teacher and of establishment background. They are called the theory me, salary men, probably a good guy. But when they get into govt, they realised that its no longer theory or foreign currency speculation and giving lectures at conferences, but it its rolling up your sleeve and get your hand dirty and dealing with all sorts of people situation. Again I am not saying he is incapable of doing those, but very often, whenever theory/salary oriented men gets into power, it always ends in disappointment. So tone it down.

Same reason why I prefare Obaze; he has been through the rigorous terrain of governance in Anambra and understands Obi's policies,the level of developments and where to take it next. Having Obaze in will be the best decision ever because it will ensure continuity and refocuse.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Same reason why I prefare Obaze; he has been through the rigorous terrain of governance in Anambra and understands Obi's policies,the level of developments and where to take it next. Having Obaze in will be the best decision ever because it will ensure continuity and refocuse.

Obaze was imported from America to become "Secretary" to state Government

Now I dont know how being Secretary to State Government prepares you for executive Governance more than being Special adviser to the Presidency on Budget and Planning or being the Central Bank Governor where you also have to take executive decisions

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Obaze might be good.But not may people in anambra state know him.He is not as Popular like the Soludos,Nigiges and Ubahs of this world.APGA cannot afford to field a less popular candidate in this very tight race
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by DanAnyiam: 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
mikeansy:

please provide your proof that ACN has a strong hold in South East, Has ACN more won elections in the South East than APGA? let alone PDP

If Nigeria ends up as a 2 party state, South East will be a PDP strong hold

and by the way, you speak for yourself too just as everyone else
ACN came a close second in the last election, despite our great Ikemba's factor for Obi. ACN has both state and national assembly members from Anambra. People like me knew long ago that some of you have no interest APGA, only trying using it as PDP uses the labour party in other state, you are all PDP member, the earlier you come out the better, including Peter Obi, who whipping up sentiment against Rochas, who was bold enough to state his own stance in the open. Is Peter PDP or APGA?

Before the 2011 election ACN has rep member from Imo state (Onyeaguocha) but APGA has no single member in both Anambra/Imo houses of assembly. What did Imo gain from being PDP stronghold until Rochas arrived? absolutely nothing. What Rochas has done in 2.5 years is more visble than what Udenwa/Ohakim did since 1999.

Intelligent people should not blind themselves in hugging any of this parties, they are all the same, just choose the best candidate among them to vote for, not party they belong to. Soludo was PDP yesterday, today he is APGA, in six months time he will return to PDP maybe, Ifeanyi Uba in the last six months has been in PDP,APGA,Labour party and many others.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dan Anyiam:
ACN came a close second in the last election, despite our great Ikemba's factor for Obi. ACN has both state and national assembly members from Anambra. People like me knew long ago that some of you have no interest APGA, only trying using it as PDP uses the labour party in other state, you are all PDP member, the earlier you come out the better, including Peter Obi, who whipping up sentiment against Rochas, who was bold enough to state his own stance in the open. Is Peter PDP or APGA?

Before the 2011 election ACN has rep member from Imo state (Onyeaguocha) but APGA has no single member in both Anambra/Imo houses of assembly. What did Imo gain from being PDP stronghold until Rochas arrived? absolutely nothing. What Rochas has done in 2.5 years is more visble than what Udenwa/Ohakim did since 1999.

Intelligent people should not blind themselves in hugging any of this parties, they are all the same, just choose the best candidate among them to vote for, not party they belong to. Soludo was PDP yesterday, today he is APGA, in six months time he will return to PDP maybe, Ifeanyi Uba in the last six months has been in PDP,APGA,Labour party and many others.

ACN came second to APGA in Anambra

In Imo State Rochas won as APGA candidate

The State House of Assembly in Anambra is controled by APGA, that tells you straight away that APGA are the majority

So I really do not know the basis of your claim that ACN has a stronghold in the East. They dont!

http://www.anambrastatehouseofassembly.org/speaker.php
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by DanAnyiam: 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
mikeansy:

Gay issue can not seal Obama's fate amongst blacks, but if Trayvor martins was killed in 2010 and Obama supports the "stand your ground policy" in favour of George Zimermann? He will not get 30% of the black vote!
You should learn how not to make generalised statement. This is just one of them. With a stroke on your keyboard, you simply states the mind of millions of black voters as fact. The world doesn't work like that, learn to speak for yourself when many of us can't even speak for our wives.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
[/quote]Before the 2011 election ACN has rep member from Imo state (Onyeaguocha[quote]

Hon Uche onyeagucha was an APGA member and not ACN please get your facts right.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dan Anyiam:
You should learn how not to make generalised statement. This is just one of them. With a stroke on your keyboard, you simply states the mind of millions of black voters as fact. The world doesn't work like that, learn to speak for yourself when many of us can't even speak for our wives.

but you made the first generalised statement by suggesting that millions of black voters did not care over obama's stannce on gay rights and hence anambra people will not care about Ngige's stance on deported Igbos from Lagos

if that is not generalised statements I dont know what is?
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dan Anyiam:

Bros he said the truth.Thats how poilitics work.You go with popular sentiments as at that time.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by DanAnyiam: 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
mikeansy:

ACN came second to APGA in Anambra

In Imo State Rochas won as APGA candidate

The State House of Assembly in Anambra is controled by APGA, that tells you straight away that APGA are the majority

So I really do not know the basis of your claim that ACN has a stronghold in the East. The dont!
Until 2011 election, APGA has not a single member in the Anambra house. As we speak APGA has no single senator from Anambra, and just a handful in the house of rep, just as ACN. What is the difference between ACN/APGA in Anambra based on this facts from 2011?

In Imo, APGA had no chance in hell of winning any election conducted by INEC, not until Rochas came into the picture. ,Rochas thenwoke up a sleeping lion as he brought his money, political mavericks, fire to fire against PDP. He matched PDP thug to thug, rigging to rigging, propaganda to propaganda, playing dirty to playing dirty, billboard to billboard.

Whatever PDP brought, he multiplied it by ten in reply. That is how APGA won in Imo in 2011. Without Rochas they got no chance. Not because our people don't like APGA, but because of Nigerian kind of election, and APGA lacks what it takes to win until Rochas arrived.

Its either some of you don't know what is happening, or you have a very short memory. Not until 2011 both APGA/ACN has a strong presence in both Imo/Anambra,but today 2013 both just like PDP has stronghold in both states.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by DanAnyiam: 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
mikeansy:

but you made the first generalised statement by suggesting that millions of black voters did not care over obama's stannce on gay rights and hence anambra people will not care about Ngige's stance on deported Igbos from Lagos

if that is not generalised statements I dont know what is?
No I wasn't, because I was only referring to a fact based on the election result. It different from generalising what is going to happen. I state what happened. Try and figure out the different. You are generalising what SE is going to do, I am stating what black voter did based on the 2012 election. Unless you now can tell the future?
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dan Anyiam:
Until 2011 election, APGA has not a single member in the Anambra house. As we speak APGA has no single senator from Anambra, and just a handful in the house of rep, just as ACN. What is the difference between ACN/APGA in Anambra based on this facts from 2011?

In Imo, APGA had no chance in hell of winning any election conducted by INEC, not until Rochas came into the picture. ,Rochas thenwoke up a sleeping lion as he brought his money, political mavericks, fire to fire against PDP. He matched PDP thug to thug, rigging to rigging, propaganda to propaganda, playing dirty to playing dirty, billboard to billboard.

Whatever PDP brought, he multiplied it by ten in reply. That is how APGA won in Imo in 2011. Without Rochas they got no chance. Not because our people don't like APGA, but because of Nigerian kind of election, and APGA lacks what it takes to win until Rochas arrived.

Its either some of you don't know what is happening, or you have a very short memory. Not until 2011 both APGA/ACN has a strong presence in both Imo/Anambra,but today 2013 both just like PDP has stronghold in both states.

Peter obi won the Apga governorship elections in 2007 and did it again in 201o long before your okorocha joioned the party.APGA does not have just a handful of federal house of rep seats,the party controls 6 out of 9 house of rep slots available for the state.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dan Anyiam:

Peter obi won the Apga governorship elections in 2007 and did it again in 201o long before your okorocha joioned the party.APGA does not have just a handful of federal house of rep seats,the party controls 6 out of 9 house of rep slots available for the state.

Both okorocha and obi won because of the APGA and Ojukwu factor.Rochas was further helped by Ohakim's reckless act of beating up a Catholic priest just as APGA would be helped by APC's stupid and inhuman act of deportation of igbos from lagos and Ngige's support of the shameful act.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by bushwailo: 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
chukwudi44:

Both okorocha and obi won because of the APGA and Ojukwu factor.Rochas was further helped by Ohakim's reckless act of beating up a Catholic priest just as APGA would be helped by APC's stupid and inhuman act of deportation of igbos from lagos and Ngige's support of the shameful act.

Last time you voted Obi because the pope said so
and because it was Ojukwus dying wish
Now u wanna vote Soludo because of 14 deportees.
Some of you are just professional clowns !
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2013
bushwailo:

Soludo is far better than Ngige in all ramifications.His achievements speak for him.His citation is the finest I have read in my life and his excellent
performance in every job he has handled goes a long way.

Furthermore I don't want to have anything to do with a party of boko haram sponsors and deporters of their fellow citizens.

Also I don't want to associate myself with liars who will deport 70 nigerians and later turn around to claim 14

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
bushwailo:

Soludo is the "giant" among the contestants.
Ngige and his romance with the bloody thirsty CPC and the hypocrite ACN, only helped o make sure he looses more votes.

I have made up my mind that I will never forget how
APC stood against the State of Emergency as declared by Mr President.
Tinubu did, Buhari did, Lai Mohammed did, and then the "opposition" governors in PDP led by no other person than Amechi also did.

Anambrians, vote Soludo!

2 Likes

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
chukwudi44:

Soludo is far better than Ngige in all ramifications.His achievements speak for him.His citation is the finest I have read in my life and his excellent
performance in every job he has handled goes a long way.

Furthermore I don't want to have anything to do with a party of boko haram sponsors and deporters of their fellow citizens.

Also I don't want to associate myself with liars who will deport 70 nigerians and later turn around to claim 14
fact is that the banks
failed under soludu's watch and they had to be bailed out if not a lot of
people would have lost their money. Can you tell me
that soludu didn't know that this banks were failing?
Or he just didn't have a grip on the Banking sector.
Bank business is about loans true but no without
guidelines, where was soludu when those guidelines
where broken and Ceos were busy enriching
themselves.
How about the polymer notes scandal, do you know
that people went to jail in australia. I pity
anambra's funds.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
Obiagelli:
fact is that the banks
themselves.
anambra's funds.

lol = loads of laughs
do you really believe any of what you typed?
lets leave that debate, it has been debated enough on this site

This is about local election for Anambra people and I dont know why South Westerners create fraudulent names to get involved?

2 Likes

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
Obiagelli:
fact is that the banks
themselves.
anambra's funds.

You should first of all have pity on Lagos funds whoose funds have been used to fund Tinubu's owanbe parties.

Tinubu that made all ACN governors to contribute N1B because he wants to celebrate his birthday party.

You want to turn Anambra into one of Tinubus business venture.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
Grown men can't debate anymore? Last time i checked this is the politics section.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
According to Uzoukwa, it is quite unimaginable that
after unleashing his campaign of calumny on
Governor
Peter Obi, government and good people of Anambra
state via a self-induced crisis that has today torn
APGA to shreds, Umeh has now shifted his divisive
political machinery to Imo state with the same wicked
agenda of rubbishing Governor Rochas Okorocha
whom
within this period has demonstrated uncommon
commitment to liberate Igbos from political slavery.
SEPA maintains that Governor Okorocha has
successfully led the Igbos and a faction of APGA
who
constitutionally have the option of joining other
political
parties as a result of the crisis Umeh allegedly
instigated in APGA, in pursuit of an ulterior agenda,
to join All Progressive Congress (APC) as a
political
association.
This move by Okorocha, SEPA says, was preceded
by
a mass rally attended by APC stakeholders and
political associates of the governor in Owerri where
the
governor’s intention to join APC was made public.
“Governor Okorocha lost his status as an APGA
member immediately APC was recognized and
registered as a political party. Chief Umeh should
have
known by now that Governor Okorocha is neither a
member of APGA nor an APGA governor. The
purported suspension is nothing but another effort in
futility. We, therefore advise Chief Victor Umeh to
desist
from throwing stones because Nigerians know too
well
that he lives in a glass house”, Uzoukwa stated.
http://crimefacts.org/okorochas-suspension-umeh-is-chasing-shadows-suspending-a-non-member-says-igbo-group/

More and more are embracing APC
Anambra for APC, their is no going back. Igbos
have seen the light, APC has come home to stay
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
Obiagelli:
http://crimefacts.org/okorochas-suspension-umeh-is-chasing-shadows-suspending-a-non-member-says-igbo-group/

More and more are embracing APC
Anambra for APC, their is no going back. Igbos
have seen the light, APC has come home to stay

This one does not need much argument.November is not too far.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
chukwudi44:

Now you are talking, rather than giving the impression that its soludu all thr way
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2013
chukwudi44:

exactly!

November is 3 months away

some of us will get a reality check!
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by DanAnyiam: 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros he said the truth.Thats how politics work.You go with popular sentiments as at that time.
Again I state again, that you speak for yourself. I am from SE but my politics doesn't go with whatever you are calling popular sentiment. What is popular to you may not be popular to your neighbour, even when out of fear they pretended it to be so, but when they go into the ballot box, they will express their real stance. That what happened to Jonathan/Akpabio/Jang at the Governors forum election against Amaechi. What people says in the public out of fear can be different given a chance in privacy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Benue Killings - Someone In APC Finally Making Sense / EXCLUSIVE: NJC Members Summon Emergency Meeting Over Onnoghen / You Are Nigeria’s ‘Divider-In-Chief’, Presidency Replies Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.