Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Forgive Me Everyone Pls - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forgive Me Everyone Pls (1860 Views)

Christmas Day Is Pure Satanic Day (God Forgive Me, I Celebrated It In The Past) / Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another? / Can GOD Forgive Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgive Me Everyone Pls by alexleo(m): 10:14am On Aug 04, 2013
As I delibrate over the subject of love with the scriptures, I see myself far below the standard that is expected of me as a child of God. First is that our salvation was born out of love as recorded in John 3:16

16 For God so LOVED the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

And when our Lord Jesus came to the world he also preached the message of love to us and being kind with one another as recorded in John 13:34-35.

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

And in Matthew 5:43-

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

The Apostles did not relent in carrying on with this important subject and living it too as we saw in their lives and the early church. Here is a few of the apostles admonition on this subject-

Romans 12:9-19.

9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Again apostle paul has this to say about love in 1 corinthians 13:1-4.

If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

And for us to see the Lord at last we must carry along love and holiness-

Hebrews 12:14

14 Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord

On this note I wish to say that in my past posts here I have abused people here and spoken words that is not borne out of love. I have failed by this ugly actions of mine(as displayed in most of those past posts) to show love to my fellow christians here, to the atheists and other relgous group and I plead that you all forgive me wherever I ve offended you. I ve made this apology in one of my post but on studying this subject last night and during my prayers I saw the more that I have really failed and needs to open this thread to appologise to everyone as some of the people I abused may not have read where I appologised in one thread. This does not mean that I will not disagree wuth people on issues but it must not be by abusing and insulting them. If the unblievers abuse when they disagree, should I as a christian also abuse when I disagree with someone? NO. Please I am sorry everyone and may God bless you all. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2013
Yes Bro , me too.

God is working in us to show love and be patient even with our enemies, talk less of the fellow believers in Jesus.

Peace and blessings.

2 Likes

Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2013
Glorious. Thank God for this revelation and inner change. I would be praying for you both later tonight. Its a promise.
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Pygru: 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
frosbel: Yes Bro , me too.

God is working in us to show love and be patient even with pygru, our enemies, talk less of the fellow believers in Jesus.

Peace and blessings.
shocked
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
idnoble135: Glorious. Thank God for this revelation and inner change. I would be praying for you both later tonight. Its a promise.

grin
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by flourishG(m): 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pygru:
shocked
y u opening dat ya eyes?u surprised?aren't you n them ya group like bidam, oladegbu,mosthigh,jesusislord(fake),alwaystrue n them other judaizers preaching love is da fulfillment of da law n y'all been HATERS OF DA BRETHREN on da forum.

where is da law u fulfilling then when y'all haters.y'all keep breaking da law by hating n y'all preachers love is da fulfillment of da law.what an irony.y'all don't even know what it means love is da fulfillment of da law.y'all better learn from alexleo,da op because y'all been guilty of self righteousness not putting on da righteousness of Christ.
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Willzkid(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nice one bro, may the Love of God be continually shared abroad in our hearts. Amen
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by DrummaBoy(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
I do not think this thread is necessary. If you are convicted on an issue, follow Jesus words on prayer, go into your closet and settle it with God. then turn a new leaf before God alone and not men.

This may be put under restitution but a whole lot that people restitute is not necessary and has a sense of pride in self than God.

But if it makes U feel good. Fine. But let this not set any silly precedence on nairaland.com

If people are immature in their thinking they should not come here and debate issues. What is happening here is a pulling down of stronghold of false beliefs; it is not out of place or out of love to take up issues against people bc in doing so, U are helping them.

Nonetheless, we all must do all we do in love and love is not slimy, Willy, happy everyone kind of thing - there can be tough love too.

1 Like

Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by alexleo(m): 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2013

God is working in us to show love and be patient even with our enemies, talk less of the fellow believers in Jesus.

Peace and blessings.

Thanks and God bless you my brother. We keep praying for each other.

1 Like

Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by alexleo(m): 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
idnoble135: Glorious. Thank God for this revelation and inner change. I would be praying for you both later tonight. Its a promise.

God bless you.
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by alexleo(m): 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
DrummaBoy: I do not think this thread is necessary. If you are convicted on an issue, follow Jesus words on prayer, go into your closet and settle it with God. then turn a new leaf before God alone and not men.

This may be put under restitution but a whole lot that people restitute is not necessary and has a sense of pride in self than God.

It is very neccessary. When you abuse people do you know you wound their heart? My dear, its people that i wounded their heart and its only a wicked heart that will not bother to say sorry to whom he has wounded. yes we ll pray to God but james 5:16 also said this-

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

And what did Jesus tell you about when you come to the altar to offer gift and discover you have an unsettled issue with somebody? Did he not say you should leave your offering and go and settle with the person then come back and offer your gift? bros you sound biased for whatever reason.

Matthew 5:23-24

23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift.

DrummaBoy: But let this not set any silly precedence on nairaland.com

If people are immature in their thinking they should not come here and debate issues. What is happening here is a pulling down of stronghold of false beliefs; it is not out of place or out of love to take up issues against people bc in doing so, U are helping them.

Nonetheless, we all must do all we do in love and love is not slimy, Willy, happy everyone kind of thing - there can be tough love too.

There is nothing like SILLY precedent. It is only pride that can make a child of God not to say sorry to someone he has wounded. Am not setting any precedent either except if you have something in mind against me. i just did a plain thing that any sensible child of God who has seen my posts where i abused people here will agree that i should do. I didnt also ask you to join me and do same. its a personal race, if God moves me to do something then you have no right to question me on it. Again what i did is not against the scriptures. If you read my post without biased mind you should ve seen where i said that this does not mean that i will not disagree with people but what it means is that there wouldnt be insult. Nobody said you shouldnt disagree with people so i dont understand what you are saying. Anyway, thats your own opinion and you are entitled to it.

Better still you can show me where the scriptures said that i shouldnt ask for forgiveness from people i ve offended or where what i did is condemned by the scripture. My loyalty is not to you but to God so show me where God condemns my action and i will withdraw from this thread. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Alwaystrue(f): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
@alexleo,
Commendable effort. Let's continually pass the message with love and not insults, abuse, name-calling and scorn. I hope we and others check ourselves daily and seek to improve in humility.

1 Like

Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by flourishG(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
Alwaystrue: @alexleo,
Commendable effort. Let's continually pass the message with love and not insults, abuse, name-calling and scorn. I hope we and others check ourselves daily and seek to improve in humility.
You too are guilty of this things but u advocate da law keeping.u know love is fulfillment of da law n u break da law because u don't love da brethren by ya actions here.can u now see y'all can't keep da law u preach because y'all will always lack one thing or da other when y'all trynna keep da law.
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Alwaystrue(f): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
flourishG: You too are guilty of this things but u advocate da law keeping.u know love is fulfillment of da law n u break da law because u don't love da brethren by ya actions here.can u now see y'all can't keep da law u preach because y'all will always lack one thing or da other when y'all trynna keep da law.
Thanks for the observation. Kindly show me where my actions showed hate. If I remember corectly, there was a thread you practically insulted me and even defending your insults when I pointed it out. Did I insult you back? Please show me where I did so?
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Tgirl4real(f): 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
Very good one poster. This is close to what we looked @ in church today. Talking about having brotherly love towards one another and by extension loving those who hate and persecute us. It's a tough call, but that is little compared to the glory that will be revealed in us.

I see a lot of bashing and name calling going on in this section, which I believe is uncalled for.

Don't get me wrong, 'we' are to refute error and calling people what bible calls them is biblical. And you will be walking in love if you help your brother from erring.

I personally apologise to Frosbel. I was rude to him once or twice during our discourse on the trinity. grin grin grin

Though his position on Jesus' divinity insults my intelligence, yet I choose to forgive him. lol cool

@ Drummaboy,

Nothing wrong in coming out openly when you find yourself in error. It further strenthens your resolve.

2 Likes

Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by flourishG(m): 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
Alwaystrue:
Thanks for the observation. Kindly show me where my actions showed hate. If I remember corectly, there was a thread you practically insulted me and even defending your insults when I pointed it out. Did I insult you back? Please show me where I did so?
holier than thou attitude still.u know I don't tolerate nonsense.you can't dare insult or be rude to me n don't hv it back.you rude to many others n show hatred in disguise.you know it, a Mata of da heart.REPENT from being a masquerade.
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Alwaystrue(f): 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
flourishG: holier than thou attitude still.u know I don't tolerate nonsense.you can't dare insult or be rude to me n don't hv it back.you rude to many others n show hatred in disguise.you know it, a Mata of da heart.REPENT from being a masquerade.
Now you have said all that, I hope it makes you feel better.

Atleast you are yet to show me where I insulted you even though you insulted me om this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1317797/truth-us/1#up

An objective eye will see the kind of person you are and know why I had to refrain from responding anymore to you. May be you will tell us how the grace you believe in gives you liberty to insult people anyhow.
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
Tgirl4real:

I personally apologise to Frosbel. I was rude to him once or twice during our discourse on the trinity. grin grin grin

Though his position on Jesus' divinity insults my intelligence, yet I choose to forgive him. lol cool

Truth is I never felt insulted, but of course your apology is accepted, lol.

About insulting your intelligence, I will tell you what insults my intelligence, that 1+1+1=1 grin
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
flourishG: y u opening dat ya eyes?u surprised?aren't you n them ya group like bidam, oladegbu,mosthigh,jesusislord(fake),alwaystrue n them other judaizers preaching love is da fulfillment of da law n y'all been HATERS OF DA BRETHREN on da forum.

where is da law u fulfilling then when y'all haters.y'all keep breaking da law by hating n y'all preachers love is da fulfillment of da law.what an irony.y'all don't even know what it means love is da fulfillment of da law.y'all better learn from alexleo,da op because y'all been guilty of self righteousness not putting on da righteousness of Christ.
grin childish rants..You still have not grown have you?
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
Bidam: grin childish rants..You still have not grown have you?

Hey Bidam , from me , apologies for calling you a fraud cos of tithe, I will not stop preaching against the tithe fraud though ! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
DrummaBoy: I do not think this thread is necessary. If you are convicted on an issue, follow Jesus words on prayer, go into your closet and settle it with God. then turn a new leaf before God alone and not men.

But if it makes U feel good. Fine. But let this not set any silly precedence on nairaland.com

James 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.

1 Like

Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
frosbel:

Hey Bidam , from me , apologies for calling you a fraud cos of tithe, I will not stop preaching against the tithe fraud though ! cheesy
I also apologize for some of my comments that may have generated hatred and enmity in this forum,let brotherly love flow among us brethren,just as alexleo observed.There are cities and nations to be captured for Christ.Tithes no be fraud my brother. grin
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by PastorOluT(m): 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nice one bro, the bible says the love of God is shared abroad in out heart by the Holy Ghost. Bask in is love.
Remain blessed
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by PastorOluT(m): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2013

Peace and blessings.

frosbel my brother, happy Sunday.
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by annyplenty(m): 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
Dear Nairaland Evangelists!

I have observed that most threads aimed at winning souls are often hijacked by impostors to cause confusions. These impostors deliberately introduce posts that will make these evangelistic threads end in arguments, abuse, harsh words, vain words and the likes.

Dear evangelist, please, be warned. dont let these impostors, whom i suppose are working for another lord, cast a stumbling block on your path through arguments and abusive words. DONT JOIN THEM IN ANY ARGUMENT OR ABUSE. I warn you, the Lord is going to judge all our actions including what we do on nairaland. BEWARE OF ANY ACCLAIMED BELIEVER who will never use the opportunity of nairaland to evangelise. All they want to do is a show of knowledge. Pls dont let them make you twice a child of hell. please be guided by the scripture below 1 John 2 : 18-19

8 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

dear evangelist, when you make a thread to evangelise and these impostors post a distraction, abuse or argument reply, DO NOT REPLY THEM. JUST IGNORE and continue your evangelism. The Lord, Jesus Christ, can use any medium, even nairaland, to save any soul. If it is only one soul that is saved through our efforts on nairaland, then our efforts are worthwhile.

However, instead of spending all time replying to threads on Nairaland, lets go and harvest for the Lord, Jesus Christ, millions of souls that are ripe for harvest, outside. The labourers are few. LET US ENTER MARKETS AND PREACH JESUS. LET US ENTER BUSES AND PREACH JESUS. LET US ENTER GARAGES AND PREACH JESUS. LET US PREACH JESUS WITH SMS. Time is short. every second that ticks before the sounding of the trumpets matters so much to the Lord. Do not let us waste them.

JESUS is coming. Behold, I have warned you.

2 Likes

Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by alexleo(m): 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
Alwaystrue: @alexleo,

Thanks dear. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by alexleo(m): 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Nice one bro, the bible says the love of God is shared abroad in out heart by the Holy Ghost. Bask in is love.
Remain blessed

God bless you too.
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by alexleo(m): 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
Tgirl4real: Very good one poster. This is close to what we looked @ in church today. Talking about having brotherly love towards one another and by extension loving those who hate and persecute us. It's a tough call, but that is little compared to the glory that will be revealed in us.

I see a lot of bashing and name calling going on in this section, which I believe is uncalled for.

Don't get me wrong, 'we' are to refute error and calling people what bible calls them is biblical. And you will be walking in love if you help your brother from erring.

@ Drummaboy,

Nothing wrong in coming out openly when you find yourself in error. It further strenthens your resolve.

Yeah thats the whole point am making. We can point out errors and disagree too but no insults and abuse. it seems my brother DrummaBoy got me wrong somehow. I dont see anything boastful about somebody admitting his errors and apologizing. Infact it puts the devil and his works to shame. Thanks dear.
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by flourishG(m): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
Alwaystrue:
Now you have said all that, I hope it makes you feel better.

Atleast you are yet to show me where I insulted you even though you insulted me om this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1317797/truth-us/1#up

An objective eye will see the kind of person you are and know why I had to refrain from responding anymore to you. May be you will tell us how the grace you believe in gives you liberty to insult people anyhow.

Bidam: grin childish rants..You still have not grown have you?
y'all religious folks apologizing one to another.what da need when u still gone insult n abuse n call names by style?I give y'all few weeks n months,y'all gonna b back calling names n insulting each other.let's wait n see.

As for me not growing up,I will keep insulting whoever insult the cross of Christ n what he done for us all.
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by Alwaystrue(f): 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
@alexleo, amen. It is nice to see the trend you set by your OP. Thank you and God bless you too.

@annyplenty,
Your post is noted. We will avoid such distractions as much as it lies with us. Thank you for that and other advice.
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by alexleo(m): 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
flourishG:

y'all religious folks apologizing one to another.what da need when u still gone insult n abuse n call names by style?I give y'all few weeks n months,y'all gonna b back calling names n insulting each other.let's wait n see.

As for me not growing up,I will keep insulting whoever insult the cross of Christ n what he done for us all.

Bros pls, no need to insult anybody o, whether the person insults the cross of Christ as you said or not. grin grin grin When peter tried to cut off someone's ear in defence of Jesus, did Jesus commend him? NO. If you feel the religious people will get back to insulting and abusing after some weeks from now, then you have to be loving enough to pray for them. Even when Jesus knew that Peter will deny him hr still prayed for him that his faith fail not. As a defender of the cross of Christ as you claim, please do what Christ did. Here is it in Luke 33:31-34.

31 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

33 But he replied, “Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and to death.”

34 Jesus answered, “I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me.”

And the religious folks you are calling them is it intended to be a bad for them? But here is what the bible talks about being religious in James 1:26-27

Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Nothing bad about being religious bros. God bless you.
Re: Forgive Me Everyone Pls by DrummaBoy(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
Tgirl4real: Very good one poster. This is close to what we looked @ in church today. Talking about having brotherly love towards one another and by extension loving those who hate and persecute us. It's a tough call, but that is little compared to the glory that will be revealed in us.

@ Drummaboy,

I will respond to you Tgirl because I believe you have capacity to comprehend this:

If Alexleo wronged anyone in words: what we are commanded by the scripture I quoted of Jesus is that we should settle it with God in private. If however, his conscience is still not pacified, his should approach the individuals that he has wronged, name them on this forum, refer us to where and when he wronged them, what he said, and then apologize. That is what that scripture they are bandying about saying we should confess our faults one to another means. To limit yourself to one thread were (it seem to me) you self righteously come out to announce "forgive me everyone pls" is to hide behind generalities and not be specific at all. It is very much similar to what the Catholics do at the end of each week when they approach their reverend father and say "Father, forgive me for I have sinned..." and the the man responds "go and sin no more..."

Alexleo action is commendable only if it is done in the right manner. If he cannot go the length of telling us who he wronged and tell us what he did to them; and so on. He should keep his confession to himself and God.

Long before now, in some other thread, I have advocated and still advocate large heartedness in discussing matters here and the need for us so called believers not to behave ourselves as Politics section guys and be less offensive in our diatribes. I still maintain that view but this thread, I believe is just not necessary. Let us do the right thing and not use a so called profession of love to cover up what should be done in the right way.

Finally, for now, I think religious discuss, in every nation, at any time in history, has never been child's play. Those who come to this section prayerlessly do so to their own peril because we have principalities and powers here and if we do not know our God we will be moved from our steadfastness. Thus the need for a level of maturity and understanding of doctrinal matters before coming here.( Sometimes I am tempted to ask some folks here how old are they when they make comments.) Also, we should know that doctrine in men's heart is a stronghold and our duty as ministers of the gospel is to pull it down; and sometimes the means of doing so might not be as charitable as some are advocating here. I am not calling for physical warfare; but we fight a spiritual warfare in this section. We serve a God of war and it can be war when we are bringing men to the obedience of the gospel. In carrying out this assignment there is no need for the use of offensive or abusive words but we can and must, sometimes, use very tough love.

Western theologians evoked the doctrine of a Just War to give credence to some past but necessary wars in their time. I could as well call my discussions on this forum a "Just War". I am not going to join those who self righteously claim they have never insulted anyone on this forum; I do not know whether I have or I have not but even if I have, I have no apologies for it, I make my apologies to God alone... because I see myself as sent and doing a ministry here.

Goodluck to all the apologists. I wish them the best!

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Man Who Starred As Jesus Of Nazareth / Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: / Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.