Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared (1663 Views)

My Experience With Android Phones So Far (photos) / Great Chinese Phones, Tablets, Devices , Specs And Companies / Whats Your Take(experience) On Chinese Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by Oseloks: 4:49pm On May 30, 2008
No Doubt, the Chinese phones are here.
They are known in some circles as the Chinese Miracle, mainly NOKIA and other brands. Cheap, nice with a lot of features. Mine is a Nokia 3250i.
Just after 6 months, a problem with the mouth piece started but what to next, I want to get from you pals. Incidentally other functions are okay, but to connect the internet or download photos from it to my laptop, FORGET IT. Dont ask of the manual; it was not there from day 1.
Share with us your experiences, plz
Oseloks.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by Infoseye(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2008
First of all chinese Phones are feature project phones to be manufactured in the future its just that some nigerians go there and bring them for sale basically the are test phones not ready for sale in the market. How can u buy a brand new phone for that kind of price knowing Nokia phones are expensive, no maunal ahba infact when I see pple showing of the Nokia chinese phones I just laugh out loud at them.Although I can buy one but i dont expect it to last more than 3months yours even tried kudos!
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by Fadajasi(m): 7:47pm On May 30, 2008
My own expirence is very bad,not up to 2weeks i bought my tv chinese phone,the back camera spiolt,just today i noticed that i cant browse with it via mtn,cant recieve mms.
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by fanistic(m): 10:20pm On May 30, 2008
Hmmm chinese phones! Discovered the handshake on phone startup is done 3 times. Just like a traditional igbo style of greetin
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by dragnet: 8:43am On May 31, 2008
fanistic, grin
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by sisqology(m): 9:39am On May 31, 2008
Fantastic
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by fanistic(m): 11:50am On May 31, 2008
Fanistic, fantastic, fantabulos!!
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by insight: 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2008
I wonder y many ppl condemn Chinese fones;the only reason i accept is the durability of the fones.
But from my own view it can last longer than expected with ones state of mind.
I purposely went for their Nokia N2600 (dual SIM+bluetooth+FM) sometime Jan with the faith that it would last
and of course am always very careful handling it.
The GUI is very clean,attractive and unique.Honestly,it's always a pleasing
experience browsing the fone and sn became the digital wife
i couldn't do without.
Well,no too long after i had been using it , the mouthpiece got bad and i didnt just bother
attempting to repair cos i had both wired and wireless handsfree devices.
It suddenly failed to turn on late April and it was confirmed a software problem.
I couldn't fix it until i returned to Lagos 3wks later.It came back live under 10 mins@ one Otigba
fone repair shop and since then av been enjoying it as before.
One of the things i like about it is that i can easily configure the GPRS settings of any GSM N/W manually
without having to call customer care for days to push in settings on the fone.
And with a USB bluetooth adapter to connect d fone, i can browse the net on my PC.
The only limitation i have is the inability to get compatible
applications to install on it cos of it's unfamiliar OS and maybe
the cable modem driver am yet to find.
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by DualCore1: 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2008
If only those fones came wit their own brand name rada dan imitatin nokia. . .
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by Oseloks: 5:22pm On Jun 05, 2008
Replying to d mail by: Insight

I think u r d 'Chinese phone user of the month'.
You made a very useful contribution with that experience of urs. Some more users can now get to Otigba, Ikeja, Lagos to attend to their problems. Could u gv d address or description of the Mr. fix-it for easier navigation in that place.
Enjoy ur phone, plse
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by Fadajasi(m): 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2008
I am so so so sorry,i didnt mean to break ur heart, ima a heartbreaker>will i am
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by princeonx: 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2008
Bought one with double sim and found out it won't work here in the US cux of some band shit!
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by Bossman(m): 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2008
I just bought one with dual sims for my travels. So that I do not have to carry 3 phones every where I go.  The one I bought is quadband. I am sure you bought a dual band one that will ONLY work outside North America. Got it on dealextreme and it works well so far. I have 2 international roaming sims in it and they show AT&T or tmobile on the screen depending on signal. Yes, the screen also shows 2 signal meters. So far so good, I will really test it when I visit Lagos in 10 days.

EDIT: Thought I'D post the link.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13014

prince_onx:

Bought one with double sim and found out it won't work here in the US cux of some band shit!
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by princeonx: 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2008
Thanks men! I'll check it out cux I really need a new phone!
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by PrinceA3: 2:54am On Jan 22, 2010
All,

Please stop frying your brains with all these Chinese phones! They are not tested nor approved for frequency and radiation control by any governmental organisation or IEEE. Simply puts, these phones are like having your head beside microwave oven more than 10 times a day.

I worked with one of the major phone chip manufacturer in the US for years and understands the kind of harzards these fake chinese phones poses to your brain. To prove me write: Let any one of you tell me if they have not sensed the migrane effect from his or her fake phone.

The long term effect of Microwave and Radiation directly to you head?

1. Brain Cancer
2. You will start forgeting things easily
3. Lower IQ
4. Bad Sight
5. Finaly, a desease called Alzeimer

Please buy a cheap IEEE approved phone instead of these fake phones

We need more brains in Nigeria not a herd of future Zombies
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by adamcn(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2010
i havn’t used a chinese phone, there are so many brands,except serval well known brands, it‘s difficult for the customers to identify their specification. usually, the customers bought the chinese phone just for phone call and text message only.
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by Dclique(m): 7:48am On Jan 22, 2010
they are fcukd. I will rather get 3310.
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by tobidaflava(m): 7:53am On Jan 22, 2010
Me chinese phone, never.
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by chakaz(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2010
I'm posting with one booster brand like dat. when i checked de softward stuff inside it, i found out dat its a TOSHIBA,
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by chakaz(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2010
, its a dual sim & d browser giv u d choice of browsing with either of d sims. Each sim has up to 10 profiles 2 setup,
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by chakaz(m): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2010
each sim also has up to 10 profile settns 4 mms. i always use the mms to update my picture profile on facebk @ < N2,
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by chakaz(m): 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2010
I ve bn using this fone sinc oct '08, one big problm wit it is dat it cnt install any applicatn & also low inbult memory
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by okgerald(m): 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2010
peeps, if u have tasted original nokia phone, u will realise that chinese phones are bull crap. i bought one but had to sell it after 2 weeks ,
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by obua: 7:47pm On Jan 25, 2010
I have used some real bad chinese phones.
Right now i am using a make called TECNO and it is quite good.
There are some good chinese phones with chinese names also.
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by tobidaflava(m): 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2010
I think TECNO can still be considered. But the rests them are just craps.
Re: Your Experience With Chinese Phones Shared by tobidaflava(m): 8:49pm On Jan 25, 2010
Oops! I omitted "of". . .

(1) (Reply)

How To Divert Call With Single Sim And Phone To Receive From Other Sim Network / New Blackberry 9900 Instock / I Need To Know How To Transfer Photos From My Lg Cf360 To My Computer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.