Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. (16634 Views)

Buhari Appoints Babafemi Ojudu As Special Adviser Political Matters / Court Dismisses FG’s Suit To Extradite Kashamu / Al-Qaeda Suspect Lawal Babafemi To Be Extradited To The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 05, 2013
The Federal Government has initiated extradition proceeding against a Nigerian, Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, who was accused of belonging to a foreign terrorist organization, al-Qaeda.

The government applied to a Federal High Court in Abuja for the extradition of 32 years old Babafemi also described as "Abdullah" and "Ayatollah Mustapher" to the United States, where he is wanted over his alleged involvement in terrorism related activities.

In its application, FG, exhibited a four-count charge marked:13CR-109-JG, filed against him before the United States District Court of the Eastern District of New York and a bench warrant issued for his arrest by a US magistrate.

Specifically, the suspect was charged with "conspiracy to provide support to a foreign terrorist organization, provision and attempted provision of material support to a foreign terrorist organization, unlawful use of firearms and conspiracy to unlawfully use firearms."

Upon conviction, the charge against him attracts a minimum sentence of 10 years and maximum of life imprisonment.

FG maintained that Babafemi, who until now, was based in the US, fled to the country upon realizing that he was to be arrested by men of the United States' Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

He had since been arrested and is being held by the Department of State Services (DSS).

Documents filed by the FG before the Abuja court further revealed that the US authorities are of the view that Babafemi belongs to the "al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP)" an affiliate of al-Qaeda.

He allegedly travelled to Yemen between January 2010 and August 2011 to train with the group and relate with its senior members including the now deceased Anwar al-Aulaqi and Samir Khan.

Babafemi was said to have admitted, upon interrogation that he was paid about $8,600 by the AQAP to return to Nigeria and recruit some English speaking individuals to work in AQAP's English language media organization.

The media organization is believed to serve as the organization's medium of radicalizsing English speakers, who it recruits to commit terrorist attacks on its behalf.

The group had claimed responsibility for series of terrorist activities, including the December 25, 2009 bombing attempt in the US by a Nigerian, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab.

The extradition application could not be heard when he was taken to court on Thursday owing to its late service on Babafemi's lawyer,S. O. Yahaya.
http://odili.net/news/source/2013/aug/4/304.html

1 Like

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 05, 2013
Please bundle the rascal back to the US already. We already have enough issues to handle, no need adding to the plight of nigeria.

I don't know when some nigerians will start doing us proud.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2013
Pls extradite him as fast as possible. We don't need terrorist amongst us no more.

1 Like

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by Dreal1247: 9:16am On Aug 05, 2013
UNWANTED GOODS. REJECT ON ARRIVAL.
Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 05, 2013
nne3870: Please bundle the rascal back to the US already. We already have enough issues to handle, no need adding to the plight of nigeria.

I don't know when nigerians will start doing us proud instead they paint us black everywhere they go.

1. Chimamanda

2. Philip Emegwali

3. Asha

4. Emmysenior

5. Okagbare

6. Prof. Oyibo (gagut)

7. Onyewu Oguchi

8. Philip Idowu

C'mon girl! The list is endless. Nigerians are good people... Except for you that I don't know of.

The last time I checked even Americans are involved in terrorism too, i.e Colorado shooting.

Finally, inferiority complex kills destinies, kindly do away with it.

22 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by londoner: 9:29am On Aug 05, 2013
Gosh not again!...I am getting sivk of Nigerians dragging our nationality through the mud.

Can we have one week, where no terrible news of criminality is reported on Nigerians, especially outside Nigeria?
Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by antiembezzle: 9:38am On Aug 05, 2013
International terrorism.
Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by hrykanu231(m): 9:40am On Aug 05, 2013
Good move by the FG, pls also extradite "Mrs" Alameisgha to UK. He is equally wanted for money laundering, we need to repair our battered image ASAP

6 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by obi123: 9:42am On Aug 05, 2013
emmysenior:

1. Chimamanda

2. Philip Emegwali

3. Asha

4. Emmysenior

5. Okagbare

6. Prof. Oyibo (gagut)

7. Onyewu Oguchi

8. Philip Idowu

C'mon girl! The list is endless. Nigerians are good people... Except for you that I don't know of.

The last time I checked even Americans are involved in terrorism too, i.e Colorado shooting.

Finally, inferiority complex kills destinies, kind do away with it.

what has inferiority complex have to do with the fact that someone supports the move by the gov to extradite bunch of good for nothing rascals

2 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by BrightCar: 9:42am On Aug 05, 2013
Nigeria is no no hiding place for terrorists. He must be extradited, even Shekau.
Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by Ngwakwe: 9:49am On Aug 05, 2013
The industrialisation policy of the FG needs to be implemented now to avoid enticing our unemployed youths with juicy offers thereby breeding terrorists with high earnings.

Babafemi was said to have admitted, upon interrogation that he was paid about $8,600 by the AQAP to return to Nigeria and recruit some English speaking individuals to work in AQAP's English language media organization.

With a good development plan as stated below, Nigeria potentials will be maximised.

Mechanised Agriculture and Food Processing and Storage Plants (Agro and Allied Industries) in the North

Start-up/tech industries, Spare-parts manufacturing, trade and commerce in the East.

Oil and Gas / Petrochemicals in the South-South plus Tourism

Shipping, Banking and Finance in Lagos

High Tech industries, Agro and Allied industries, Medicals and Pharmaceuticals in the West.

The Elites, our Politicians and their front-linemen who stole and laundered our money overseas should be pardoned with a condition to reinvest them in Nigeria.

Strict Laws with great penalty should be enacted to deter Politicians from corruption while Public Office holders shouldn't earn more than academic Professors.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 05, 2013
He thinks Nigeria is the village she used to be, where you can hide and not get caught. Pele

1 Like

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by Babalegba(m): 9:51am On Aug 05, 2013
emmysenior:

1. Chimamanda

2. Philip Emegwali

3. Asha

4. Emmysenior

5. Okagbare

6. Prof. Oyibo (gagut)

7. Onyewu Oguchi

8. Philip Idowu

Finally, inferiority complex kills destinies, kind do away with it.
there are at least two questionable characters in the list you posted.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by Femsyn(m): 9:55am On Aug 05, 2013
obi123:

what has inferiority complex have to do with the fact that someone supports the move by the gov to extradite bunch of good for nothing rascals

S/he responded based on "I don't know when some nigerians will start doing us proud.". s/he is spot on, if u ask me.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by israel007: 9:56am On Aug 05, 2013
What are they still waiting for. Take him there now
Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by alphaconde(m): 9:57am On Aug 05, 2013
How can I apply for extradiction? Need to be in usa anyhow

6 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by alphaconde(m): 10:02am On Aug 05, 2013
[b][/b]

Is this recruitment still on?

1 Like

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by dridowu: 10:06am On Aug 05, 2013
alpha conde: How can I apply for extradiction? Need to be in usa anyhow
just walk to walter carrington street in VI and shout bomb
@topic, pls put d bad wagon in next available direct flight in abuja or lasgidi down to jfk.
We dnt need terroist in 9ja

1 Like

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by PENMIGHT(m): 10:07am On Aug 05, 2013
How can I apply for extradiction? Need to be in usa anyhow

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Under International laws, once u step into an embassy ,you are deemed to be in that country.
So I advice yoy, just strap some explosives on ur chest and walk straight to the American Embassy's gate. U will be admitted without visa..... DOA.

Sorry, John Doe-to-be.
Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by theozobby(m): 10:11am On Aug 05, 2013
Good move
Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by yuzedo: 10:13am On Aug 05, 2013
[size=15pt]SEE FREE VISA TO YANKEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked[/size]

2 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 05, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: How can I apply for extradiction? Need to be in usa anyhow

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Under International laws, once u step into an embassy ,you are deemed to be in that country.
So I advice yoy, just strap some explosives on ur chest and walk straight to the American Embassy's gate. U will be admitted without visa..... DOA.

Sorry, John Doe-to-be.

You want to send the guy to Guantanamo

2 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by MrAboki: 10:19am On Aug 05, 2013
I am a terrorist o!!

Make una come extradite me o!!

My nick name is Alhaji Osama Bin Hezbollah (a.k.a Boko Talibani)..

If you need my info on how to find me, please inbox me, I will send you my address, current drivers license, Bank statement and my Passport for Visa.

Thanks.. grin

Yours Terrorist

Mr. Aboki bin Laden

5 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by fiscalcliff: 10:26am On Aug 05, 2013
So many dumb bottoms on NL undecided
We are now outsourcing our justice system to the US
Can't he provide us valuable info to equip our security men in the fight against terrorismundecided
So much for sovereignty

1 Like

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by Meringe(m): 10:32am On Aug 05, 2013
Why are these my brothers from west always international terrorist?

Na question I ask ooo, no ban me plz.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by MrAboki: 10:32am On Aug 05, 2013
fiscalcliff: So many dumb bottoms on NL undecided
We are now outsourcing our justice system to the US
Can't he provide us valuable info to equip our security men in the fight against terrorismundecided
So much for sovereignty

Outsourcing what?!

Did he commit any crime in Nigeria?!

Is he wanted by Nigeria?!

Its obvious that his terrorist organization has no interest in Nigeria.

What intel would he provide to our security men?!

You are right though; We do have alot of dumb Nigerians. #PunIntended.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Extradite Lawal Olaniyi Babafemi, To U.S. by tyson55(m): 10:35am On Aug 05, 2013
...not again!

After Abdul-muttallab the under-pant bomber, then it was Adebolajo the knife wielding killer of a British soldier and now this? Pls bundle him back to the US and let him face justice.

And why are certain people easily brain-washed in the terrorist ish?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pauline Tallen Meets Amina Mohammed At UN (Photos) / Aguma, Ikanya, Eight Others Dump APC For PDP In Rivers / Details Of The Lagos Regional Road Project (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.