Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,809 members, 7,831,640 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Domain Name Business - Business (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domain Name Business (85117 Views)

*must Read* All You Need To Know About Domain Name Business / Have You Ever Tried Domain Name Selling Online Without Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
Lol I get ur point, but as @usewisdom rytly pointed out, we re not cheap, its a good marketin strategy. Everybdy will rush to where domains re cheap, nobdy likes buyin tins expensive. You can even check d whois for cheapdomainsforsale.com, u will se its owned by a "bad a55" website
2s£xy:
Are you guys Cheap?

Na question I ask oh. Remember: there is POWER in a name. I was expecting to see a more befitting bad a55 domain for use to potray ur expertise as professional domainers...

Do you know what I am saying?
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
mikelreal: If anyone can cme up with a good available domain, dat will fit the purpose of d JV, pls share.
i have a perfect name for this.pls give me some time and i'll reg. It for us smiley

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2013
Jamji:
i have a perfect name for this.pls give me some time and i'll reg. It for us smiley
thankGod, pls share lets see it
Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
According to Oxford Dictionary (7th ed), the word "cheap" connotes "something of inferior value". Will you go to a canteen with a bold signpost "cheap foods" or to a store with "cheap things"? If it is cheap, there is every tendency that it will be inferior.

Therefore, the dictionary suggested the use of "affordable" in place of "cheap". I'm not saying we should use "affordable" ooo.

This takes me to another question: must the domain contain "domains for sale"? This makes the website name unnecessarily long and it contradicts every domain lesson we've learnt, IMHO.
Romanticbooks.com or romanticbooksforsale.com, which one would you take to flip?

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
mikelreal: Lol I get ur point, but as @usewisdom rytly pointed out, we re not cheap, its a good marketin strategy. Everybdy will rush to where domains re cheap, nobdy likes buyin tins expensive. You can even check d whois for cheapdomainsforsale.com, u will se its owned by a "bad a55" website

the bolded make me laugh.

Psychologically, the reverse is the case, but it's not general sha. Ask people who have encountered it and they we tell you. People will doubt the value when offered cheap than when offered expensive.

Mind you, having a website has added to that value perceived...

Do you know that my bigdata domain was rejected because I reduced the price at sedo? Yes! Some folks feel that way. I no get strength to stress the point.

However, I get your point too. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
mikelreal: thankGod, pls share lets see it
to protect our venture i rather not reveal it now until i reg it coz hawks dey around d corner.hope we are not rushing things.
Re: Domain Name Business by usewisdom: 1:58pm On Sep 07, 2013
2s£xy:

Psychologically, the reverse is the case, but it's not general sha. Ask people who have encountered it and they we tell you. People will doubt the value when offered cheap than when offered expensive.

Do you know that my bigdata domain was rejected because I reduced the price at sedo? Yes! Some folks feel that way. I no get strength to stress the point.

You're right somehow, but pls can u tell us why the NameCheap exist? grin They shouldn't have use the word ''Cheap'' if they think people will doubt the value.

Secondly, go to cheapdomainnames.com and see whats happening

Especially, go to cheap-domainnames.com and see whats up there

Not only that oo, go to cheapdomainnames.co.uk and see the hand of God of domain there grin

I understand you, but these days, what will attract domain buyers is what top domainers applying, if you're talking about your own personal view when you're buying it yourself, thats another story entirely, but you're not buyer, you're the seller. grin

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 2:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
2s£xy:

what you said is quite true but it can also be the name is just an attraction/seduction,only when they come in they start seeing premium names everywhere smiley .also consider type in traffic.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
I no talk again o, dz wan wey errbdy don dae quote dictionary, namecheap.com is not cheap
cheapdomainsforsale.com is not cheap
dere re other "cheap" domains/websites out dere.. That re doin fine(attracting pple) to thier website..
Cheap" is now a bad luck word lol same with "for sale"
anyways its good we re arguin openly, hope it ends well.
@jamji share d name na make we debate on it, no fear nbdy wil reg it.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
Jamji:
what you said is quite true but it can also be the name is just an attraction/seduction,only when they come in they start seeing premium names everywhere smiley .also consider type in traffic.
true talk, the website@ johnslaney.com contains good domains for sale, but its has 0 or no traffic, if u check d site, its just me and the guy that contribute anytn in dat site... Havin a generic/keyword domain will make our traffic hunt easy
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
2s£xy:

Thier is a BIG difference between using the word "cheap" and "acting" cheap..hope u getthe point.. The moment u reduced ur price u acted cheap(na just talk o grin), even if na me sef i go run,cos u fit be scam. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by usewisdom: 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
Jamji how far? we must do the pot of gold clearance today O! grin
Re: Domain Name Business by bobojoshua(m): 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
budgetdomainsmart.com budgetdomainsbay.com budgetdomainsstore.com All are available

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by usewisdom: 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
mikelreal: Thier is a BIG difference between using the word "cheap" and "acting" cheap..hope u getthe point.. The moment u reduced ur price u acted cheap(na just talk o grin), even if na me sef i go run,cos u fit be scam. grin grin grin

Exactly what i mean too. using the word cheap does not mean we are cheap grin

Thier is a BIG difference between using the word "cheap" and "acting" cheap

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2013
Enough of 'cheap' or 'not cheap' arguments. Let's forge ahead.
Re: Domain Name Business by malachi2uk(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
End time arguements
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
malachi2uk: End time arguements
that ur domain is end time domain. cheesy
@jamji stil waiting for ur idea.
Re: Domain Name Business by malachi2uk(m): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2013
mikelreal:
that ur domain is end time domain. cheesy
@jamji stil waiting for ur idea.

End time waiting
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2013
shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

na cheap cause all this ni? Chineke!

Abeg make una carry on oh. It does not mean anything o. Take my comment witha pinch of salt biko.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 07, 2013
So whats our final conclusion? We shudnt let all dz lil hiccups stop us oo, it always happen wen a good tin is bout to birth.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2013
Akeemag, how far na...

O boy, abeg send me ur phone number. I don lost many contact and it's a shame to ask people their name when they call.
Re: Domain Name Business by grandstar(m): 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
lillimax.com and eurobonds.co

Any ideas to dispose of them fast? Minimum of $x-Bleep. Dotcom-na-me any ideas.

I was thinking of flippa but something tells me it won't move fast or high enough. Anyone with a positive experience with flippa?
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
@mikel
bro no vex, im feeling indiffernt to put it here
when i reg it i will place it.
please dont think i have sinister plans,
my idea for our website will be like a social network site
where we all have our different member section where we list our domains and
links to where we list them for sale, something like that.
the name is just two dictionary words like domainsxxxxx.com
so you see that name can be a premium, incase we want to sell it someday and make our money
at least we can protect it.
sorry for making a big deal out of it

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
oladayo042: Enough of 'cheap' or 'not cheap' arguments. Let's forge ahead.

these arguments really make us learn new things

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by Okattamgbee: 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2013
Since jamji has made up his mind to reg. the name himself so what is the next step? @jamji, bear it in mind should in anyway the name do not agree in line with the JV motive we will then have to reconsider another name.
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2013
Okattamgbee: Since jamji has made up his mind to reg. the name himself so what is the next step? @jamji, bear it in mind should in anyway the name do not agree in line with the JV motive we will then have to reconsider another name.

ok sir.
Re: Domain Name Business by wisyno(m): 8:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
I support the motion, nametion and action of Jamji grin grin grin. Great idea, Forward ever.
Re: Domain Name Business by akeemag: 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
pls how can i over come this

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
akeemag: pls how can i over come this
what site??
Re: Domain Name Business by akeemag: 9:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
mikelreal: what site??
godaddy account, i can't regst domain on my own
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2013
akeemag: godaddy account, i can't regst domain on my own
wow urz is really a different case, where is that figure from?
Re: Domain Name Business by akeemag: 5:27am On Sep 08, 2013
mikelreal: wow urz is really a different case, where is that figure from?
each time i enterd any coupon code and proceed to check out, i got above info. Coupon code wil lower d amt but wil not pay out, dat number is $1.17

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (106) (Reply)

Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) / Petrol Station Attendants Flaunt Buttocks As Marketing Strategy (Photos) / Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.