Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? (12785 Views)

For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children? / Am I Wrong To Want To Marry A Rich Man? / What If I Don't Want Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by freecocoa(f): 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2013
Story!

My mum so wanted more children and she was one of the most intelligent persons I know(no jokes).

I sure want children so amoro kwa'm ife ndia na kwu.undecided
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Lordlexy: 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
D_BestDoc:

Who says the purpose of marriage is for procreation alone?
People marry for different reasons.
Probably, that's your definition and concept. Marriage that seeks not to procreate eventualy leads to an unhappy home. Why must one swallow everything hook, line and sinker from the suppose westerners. If you detest having kids, then avoid intimacy. Something psychological must be very wrong with you ppl. First, it was the feminist rubbish, and now this gibberish. Pls, we have important things to worry about in Africa to be bothered with some imported ideology of some confused women. Intelligence demands that a woman managed her family and career effectively.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by ow11(m): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
dasparrow:

You are preaching to the choir. The average Nigerian will never understand that. Nigerians live in a robotic society where everyone is expected to think the same, act the same and have the same destiny and dreams. At the moment, I know several Nigerian women who are married and with kids and who neglected their kids. Yet they expect the children to take care of them once they are old. What an irony!

You couldn't be more spot on!

This lazy thought process where everything that is different is from hell or should be burnt, killed or insulted is so frustrating. No curiosity to understand why the difference even exists!

Some one on here even suggested that people should only get married if they intend to have kids since the fellow has concluded that marriage should only exist for the purposes of procreation.

3 Likes

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by blackbeau1(f): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
Yes,they are. Personally,I'm not too psychrd about it.I'm rather more psyched about a career. Don't get me wrong,I love children but getting my own is not something I really crave
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by coogar: 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
hmmm interesting comments.....
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by SisiKill1: 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Modern women are only mouthed jare.
The really smart women don't have the time to spend on NL postulating. undecided grin

Hey, hey don't knock the not so smart women who spend time on NL postulating. They perform a service...Someone has to keep sugomus, dodoyos and dadandato men who spend time on NL postulating company, yes?!

Equation Balance. grin

3 Likes

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by damiso(f): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
biolabee: I used examples of truly intelligent women who have shaped the world and broke barriers not celebs like Mirren and mendes like the article postulated

Its the person's life choice.. my own is that dont come down the line and be wailing had i known when the eggs are dead/the ovaries are all lazy/menopause has arrived.

Also some men have been known to acquiesce into suich crap of me and my wife and when mid age beckons.. go and get another wife or mistress who will give them the kid... Brad Pitt anyone?

To each their own...

What is wrong is underage or mature people having kids to access benefits ,...

Yeah each to his own I agree.And as I said I also agree that intelligent women who shaped the world had kids.Children are wonderful (I have kids and I dont think I am dumb grin grin heck I know I am not dumb).

Just saying lets not narrow the argument to; Intelligent Women Dont Want Kids.Of course we know most intelligent women have kids.But it is smart to recognise that you might make a selfish, uncaring mother and decide to spare the unborn child your non-chalance.I know people who see their kids as an inconvenience (not necessarily for intelligent reasons though).We need to see choosing to have kids as an important life changing decision and not something that comes as part of getting married or cos our parents want grandchildren.

Some people want just 1 kid not necessarily because of finances alone but cos they think thats the no of the kids they can conveniently nuture and love to the best of their ability. .Some women can nuture 20 kids conveniently.But Naija society except they feel she is TTC will hound someone with even one child to have more.

My mum keeps saying its over her dead body that I deliberately chose to have just jack and jill grin(her words).
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by chucky234(m): 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
wetin concern intelligent and IQ with children na, who no want children make she go join reverend sisters set-up.
The decision lies with the husband and his family as far as Nigeria is concern, dem born your spirit make you open mouth tell your mother-inlaw say you no go give am grandchildren because you dey intellegent,na that day your IQ go catch fire.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Lordlexy: 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
freecocoa: Story!

My mum so wanted more children and she was one of the most intelligent persons I know(no jokes).

SWEET COCOA, i'm interested in having many kids too. We shall compliment each other. What do you think?
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by SisiKill1: 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
ileobatojo:
How won't they ask where he is based? When they are hard at work ensuring that they successfully propagate and promote the societal 'standards' and 'expectations' without taking one second to apply any critical thought. They can't appreciate or even attempt to understand anyone with an independent brain that doesn't follow the herd. Bunch'a robots!

dasparrow:

You are preaching to the choir. The average Nigerian will never understand that. Nigerians live in a robotic society where everyone is expected to think the same, act the same and have the same destiny and dreams. At the moment, I know several Nigerian women who are married and with kids and who neglected their kids. Yet they expect the children to take care of them once they are old. What an irony!

ow11:

You couldn't be more spot on!

This lazy thought process where everything that is different is from hell or should be burnt, killed or insulted is so frustrating. No curiosity to understand why the difference even exists!

Some one on here even suggested that people should only get married if they intend to have kids since the fellow has concluded that marriage should only exist for the purposes of procreation.

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by willibounce: 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
bukatyne:

Funny and what is the true test od a man's intelligence?

Being able to provide for the needs of his family and always being there for his wife and children. He'll also takes care of the children and instill discipline.

All u crazy yung gals just wonna be irresponsible. U all wona ferk as many deeek as u can before u die.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by coogar: 4:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
PrettySpicey: Ok now. Since in dire need of a child, I guess its safe to conclude that I'm not really intelligent.
As I said - ok now.

come on people.....
all you women boasting about how extremely intelligent you are and how the study must be wrong because you don't feel that way about kids should stop it

this research does not mean that everyone with a high IQ does not want children. the research only came up with a generalized conclusion but there are many exceptions to the rule.

2 Likes

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by bukatyne(f): 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
willibounce:

Being able to provide for the needs of his family and always being there for his wife and children. He'll also takes care of the children and instill discipline.

All u crazy yung gals just wonna be irresponsible. U all wona ferk as many deeek as u can before u die.

I am sure you are on the wrong thread

1 Like

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by ucheokpara100(m): 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
i'm a man, i dnt wnt kids, my parents have startd presurising me already i had 2 run out of d country.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by willibounce: 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
bukatyne:

I am sure you are on the wrong thread

Face ur front..... I'm on d right threadr
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Fkforyou(m): 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
I don't get it,does it mean that these so called intelligent women regard children as burden or what,cos from what i know, intelligence means ability to think or learn facts and skill....so if they think that they don't have the ability to train children (which require skills and wisdom) and they are not willing to learn,then they are not as intelligent as they think they are.

2 Likes

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by biolabee(m): 5:10pm On Aug 06, 2013
You are right..

From stats..in western economies,it costs 150k usd to raise a child to adulthood

In naija here, it now costs 150k per term for creche..
Corona is now more expensive than some private unis

It's really costly to raise kids and you have to strategic so you can meet up

Don't forget that you also have to set something aside as nest egg

E no easy choi

Nice one
damiso:

Yeah each to his own I agree.And as I said I also agree that intelligent women who shaped the world had kids.Children are wonderful (I have kids and I dont think I am dumb grin grin heck I know I am not dumb).

Just saying lets not narrow the argument to; Intelligent Women Dont Want Kids.Of course we know most intelligent women have kids.But it is smart to recognise that you might make a selfish, uncaring mother and decide to spare the unborn child your non-chalance.I know people who see their kids as an inconvenience (not necessarily for intelligent reasons though).We need to see choosing to have kids as an important life changing decision and not something that comes as part of getting married or cos our parents want grandchildren.

Some people want just 1 kid not necessarily because of finances alone but cos they think thats the no of the kids they can conveniently nuture and love to the best of their ability. .Some women can nuture 20 kids conveniently.But Naija society except they feel she is TTC will hound someone with even one child to have more.

My mum keeps saying its over her dead body that I deliberately chose to have just jack and jill grin(her words).

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by biolabee(m): 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
choi...

u be badt guy.. deehk choppers lol

willibounce:

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by gulfer: 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
As ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ ṁ̭̥̈̅̄ε̲̣̣̣̥, I don't know however if a supposed intelligent woman doea not want kids to which her intellect could be passed unto, I tell U̶̲̥̅ what; she's a dunce>smiley >smiley
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by bloglover(m): 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
modele2:

Marry a fool?....On purpose?
What I mean is that u shldnt marry an arrogant wife who is fund of claimin dat she's beta dan u..
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Beync(f): 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
I'll rather say they are likely to have less number of children

1 Like

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by biolabee(m): 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
Funny madam

PrettySpicey: Ok now. Since in dire need of a child, I guess its safe to conclude that I'm not really intelligent.
As I said - ok now.

hmmm.... you may be onto sth there

smiley

Fkforyou: I don't get it,does it mean that these so called intelligent women regard children as burden or what,cos from what i know, intelligence means ability to think or learn facts and skill....so if they think that they don't have the ability to train children (which require skills and wisdom) and they are not willing to learn,then they are not as intelligent as they think they are.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by OmoAlata1(f): 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
Lordlexy: Probably, that's your definition and concept. Marriage that seeks not to procreate eventualy leads to an unhappy home. Why must one swallow everything hook, line and sinker from the suppose westerners. If you detest having kids, then avoid intimacy. Something psychological must be very wrong with you ppl. First, it was the feminist rubbish, and now this gibberish. Pls, we have important things to worry about in Africa to be bothered with some imported ideology of some confused women. Intelligence demands that a woman managed her family and career effectively.

How did you reach this conclusion? there are plenty married couples who have no children and are very happy. Not everyone wants to be a parent. BTW children do not equal happy home neither

2 Likes

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by bukatyne(f): 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
willibounce:

Face ur front..... I'm on d right threadr

Bros,

Don't quote me to spew rubbish
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by willibounce: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
bukatyne:

Bros,

Don't quote me to spew rubbish

And if I do?
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by AjanleKoko: 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Hey, hey don't knock the not so smart women who spend time on NL postulating. The perform a service...Someone has to keep sugomus, dodoyos and dadandato men who spend time on NL postulating company, yes?!

Equation Balance. grin

That would be the concern of said not so smart women, and their counterparts on NL, I guess grin

1 Like

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by rman: 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
freecocoa: Story!

Duh! She is your mum.

We don't expect you to say your mum isn't smart. All kids think they got the best/smartest mum.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by baby124: 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
Its not easy to be successful and suckling a child every year. This is why it takes time for career women to have kids and when they do, they cant have too much or else they may have to choose one or the other. These kinds of women are addicted to work and success. Wahala of equal rights. These men dont pity women o. They are not smiling. angry

1 Like

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
°°°mixedchic°°°:
intelligence entails cleverness and a tad bit of foresight. on that note, i think truly intelligent women know that by of passing on their super iQ to their offsprings they are leaving a legacy of themselves.
on the other hand, not all career or blue collar oriented women are truly intelligent as I find that some of them just live by a certain cliche that educated career women do not have many kids.
most of these so called intelligent women are just corporate savvy thats all.

check out all the forbes powerful women both corporate and govt and even inventors. you will see that they all have a functional family with child/ren except oprah though.

My opinion though.

EXACTLY!!!! angry
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by 4Play(m): 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
It makes sense that the more intelligent a woman is, the less maternal she will be as bringing up a child impedes a woman's ability to fulfill her intellectual potential. In Nigeria, this point is somewhat moot, as women do not have as much freedom to decide for themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by OBAGADAFFI: 10:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
Arrogant women don't want kids.
Most of them copy Oprah.
But Oprah is intelligent,she's just show bizz woman.
Re: Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
okpara ugo: Intelligent my arrssee...

I call them spongy women lacking emotion. One once said she hates twins. She cant tolerate the stress of caring for twins. I started imagining what a man would call a wife. You dont wanna stress yourself for kids. Errhnn ?!

If i werent intelligent in school i would have been bothered. Nonetheless am still smart and dont see such behaviour as being inteliigent. I call them psychedelic ladies who dont want to smell smoke but want to eat the best dishes...

Yet they still cry for lack of husband. Wait, your husband is coming. Lady..

Call them whatever u like mehn, but I love a very polished woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It's My Son's Birthday Today 19th JUL 2016..Happy Birthday Son / As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? / Married Men Only-how Do You Cope Without Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.