Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Help A Newbie - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help A Newbie (665 Views)

Honda Baby Boy Issues Plaguing A Newbie@ Car Doctor / A Newbie Need Your Advice. / Please Help A Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Newbie by Sunymoore(m): 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
I got this car, pontiac vibe 2004 of recent, but when i start the car the fan is not running until i turn on the AC. if i dont turn on the AC the fan will remain silent and after a while of driving it will start for some moment and shuts up. its this normal?. Note the temp is ok.
And also please does kicking on AC affect the car or The ba3.
Fellow learnrrs pls use this thrrad to ask questions so that we will benefit all. Thank You
Re: Help A Newbie by Sunymoore(m): 8:20am On Aug 06, 2013
Lexusgs: Your Pontiac Vibe has two fans in front of the radiator, has you have already spotted. The AC fan will only kick-in when you turn the AC on, while the other fan kicks in only when necessary as an extra blower to keep your engine cool.
NB: Do not let 9ja mechanics tempt you into making both fans work constantly as soon as you turn engine on.
Thanks for thr responds but yhis car got a single fan. screen shot below

Re: Help A Newbie by sultaan(m): 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
Its working exactly the intended way.Don't let anyone make any change to it .

Most will like to see you sleep at mechanic place like they do.Even if you leave your car with someone else they might still try to modify it because that is what makes them money.
It's normal for the gage to be in middle and a little over in traffic.

When your car start getting well over the middle line in traffic use water hose to clean dust from radiator fins so that the fan can cool your engine

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Do You Prefer A Roofed Or Roofless Car? / Stallion Nissan Motors Nigeria- Inquiry / Car Diagnosis Made Simple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.