Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad (3983 Views)

Trailer Veers Off Bridge In Lagos In A Shocking Manner. See Photos / How To Spot A Nigerian Abroad / Weirdest Ways To Identify A Nigerian Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
WaltherPPK: Please spare me the explanation of raising awareness, it is obvious we have problems.

Are we not all talking about the problem it right now? - That is the awareness i am talking about
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by 25omega(m): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
Okay how do we solve this problem? Does anyone have any ideas?

My idea would be to have more people go into political law or law in general this way they can file class action suites against the Govt if possible. Or if enough people know the laws they can help with closing the loop holes that allow people to get away with all the crimes the Govt members have been committing. What do you think?
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by WaltherPPK: 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
We should encourage progressive young Nigerians to go into politics and make effort to vote out the old brigade of politicians, who don't mean we'll for the nation in the next election, to be able to do this, we have to protect our votes from the polling centers to the collation centers.These young politicians would have their first assignment as the strengthening of our institutions such as the judiciary, the code of conduct bureau etc from there we can make a head way.i know it will not be easy but it is possible. If this does not work because of election rigging or the like,the next option would be a revolution, and don't doubt it may happen 2015.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Osama10(m): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2013
I support this girl 1000%.

A country that cannot provide the 3 basic amenities to it's populace ; Light, Road & Water.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 5:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
Osama10: I support this girl 1000%.

A country that cannot provide the 3 basic amenities to it's populace ; Light, Road & Water.

Abi oh . . . Lol
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
Very foolish girl, I stopped watching when she shot herself in the foot by saying why me? Why not you biatch?!

I just can't stand it when people rant just for the heck of it angry
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
naijababe: Very foolish girl, I stopped watching when she shot herself in the foot by saying why me? Why not you biatch?!

I just can't stand it when people rant just for the heck of it angry

You called it the heck of it, and she called it - Recognition, i will not be surprised when you see her back in Nigeria in some positions soon
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You called it the heck of it, and she called it - Recognition, i will not be surprised when you see her back in Nigeria in some positions soon

Which kain yeye recognition? More like attention seeking eejiot! She says and I quote, " If 75M Nigerians have functional brains, why should she be the one ro effect change?" Mtchew! Very defeatist mindset, if Americans had the same attitude she'd have a place to run to abi?
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
naijababe:

Which kain yeye recognition? More like attention seeking eejiot! She says and I quote, " If 75M Nigerians have functional brains, why should she be the one ro effect change?" Mtchew! Very defeatist mindset, if Americans had the same attitude she'd have a place to run to abi?

Inasmuch as you are angry with all what she has said, but you would agree that people are just getting tired of what the country is becoming, we all have our different ways of showing our anger towards how the nation is being run, she might not have chosen the best and her intention might not be right but she speaks out. tongue
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Inasmuch as you are angry with all what she has said, but you would agree that people are just getting tired of what the country is becoming, we all have our different ways of showing our anger towards how the nation is being run, she might not have chosen the best and her intention might not be right but she speaks out. tongue

I am just as unhappy as she is about the sorry state of affairs of the country, but I don't go around lampooning folks who live in Nigeria and demand change of them.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
naijababe:

I am just as unhappy as she is about the sorry state of affairs of the country, but I don't go around lampooning folks who live in Nigeria and demand change of them.

That is what i said, we all have our different ways of looking at a cup half empty . . . I wont even bother with most of what was said, but i only care about the fact that we all have to do something to see a better nation, till then, let her enjoy her drinks (Starbucks) and representing from afar
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by morpheus24: 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
Tsweehing.

Small pickin feminist ranting.

The American you ran to, didn't have the exact same problems.

Correct olodo!
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by chukyrooy(m): 11:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
Osama10: I support this girl 1000%.

In as much as you support her. you should note that all she did was state the problems that we already know, go to the market or even the motor parks you would see that even the ordinary Nigerian not only knows but experiences it. Have we not complained and identified this problems enough. We need actions to be taken and Its not by waiting for our leaders and justice system, its by asking ourselves, what can i contribute for this change to happen. If everybody gives up and runs away would that solve anything? Our international image is dented day by day, and this video only further dents what we have left of our image...Raise awareness of problems and solutions not just problems.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 1:53am On Aug 08, 2013
naijababe:

Lol!! In fact, that is also what I was thinking. Smh.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 1:55am On Aug 08, 2013
chukyrooy:

In as much as you support her. you should note that all she did was state the problems that we already know, go to the market or even the motor parks you would see that even the ordinary Nigerian not only knows but experiences it. Have we not complained and identified this problems enough. We need actions to be taken and Its not by waiting for our leaders and justice system, its by asking ourselves, what can i contribute for this change to happen. If everybody gives up and runs away would that solve anything? Our international image is dented day by day, and this video only further dents what we have left of our image...Raise awareness of problems and solutions not just problems.

She has given up and run away and she has no plans to return until there is change in the country but if we all run commot, na who go come change d country?
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Lucasbalo(m): 6:18am On Aug 08, 2013
Egba girl:

She has given up and run away and she has no plans to return until there is change in the country but if we all run commot, na who go come change d country?
. People are just criticizing the girl for jo reason. In my humble opinion, the young lady is absolutely right. I have been very fortunate to travel extensively all over the globe due to the nature of my job and to me Nigeria is one of few countries regressing instead of progressing. Nigerians deserve better.

1 Like

Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by justwise(m): 6:52am On Aug 08, 2013
morpheus24: Tsweehing.

Small pickin feminist ranting.

The American you ran to, didn't have the exact same problems.

Correct olodo!

Which America has the exact problem that can compare to that of Nigeria?
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2013
chukyrooy:

She has said her piece, now we all could come together for solution gathering
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2013
Lucasbalo: . People are just criticizing the girl for jo reason. In my humble opinion, the young lady is absolutely right. I have been very fortunate to travel extensively all over the globe due to the nature of my job and to me Nigeria is one of few countries regressing instead of progressing. Nigerians deserve better.

See honestly, I'm not saying that she's lying o. We all know that she stated a lot of truths but! I've also stated why I did not like the vid and her approach/attitude.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Yvete(f): 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2013
Entirely agree with her until 1.40. I get those two questions all the time.

Didn't see the need to watch the entire video, but mind y'all, she speaks for herself and no one else. She says, "why wouldn't I?" so I see no reason for outrage over her opinion. Seems like her entire family stay in the US. Maybe there's really nothing to return to; no family, no connections, no valuable property! grin
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
Yvete: Entirely agree with her until 1.40. I get those two questions all the time.

Didn't see the need to watch the entire video, but mind y'all, she speaks for herself and no one else. She says, "why wouldn't I?" so I see no reason for outrage over her opinion. Seems like her entire family stay in the US. Maybe there's really nothing to return to; no family, no connections, no valuable property! grin

I am sure she will return one day, Lol . . I have seen her type (The Nigerian that wrestle on behalf of Canada in the Olympics said more than that, and now he is a chief in Nigeria . . . Lol
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Ugosample(m): 3:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
One thing i'm very sure of is if all Americans move here and all Nigerians move there, America will become a cesspit in 6 years. The reason(s) include Poor attitude, e no concern me thinking, Pull him/her Down (PhD) syndrome, etc. Sad but true.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I am sure she will return one day, Lol . . I have seen her type (The Nigerian that wrestle on behalf of Canada in the Olympics said more than that, and now he is a chief in Nigeria . . . Lol

Lol she had better o! Lol
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2013
Egba girl:

Lol she had better o! Lol

That is why i have no idea why we making so much of what has been said, on the other hand, i am glad she said all that she said oh, cos i think the more people does, the more we get angry and feel like doing something, We - In Nigeria are too used to the current situation that we are forgetting how it ought to be
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ugosample: One thing i'm very sure of is if all Americans move here and all Nigerians move there, America will become a cesspit in 6 years. The reason(s) include Poor attitude, [size=20pt]e no concern me thinking[/size], Pull him/her Down (PhD) syndrome, etc. Sad but true.

Thank you o jare, only an ostrich would deny our problems, but the dick van dyke types expect others to solve problems just so they can swiftly move in to benefit. Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by chukyrooy(m): 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
naijababe:

Thank you o jare, only an ostrich would deny our problems, but the dick van dyke types expect others to solve problems just so they can swiftly move in to benefit. Nonsense!!!

That's just the truth, and they are lots of people like her, that's waiting for others to solve our problems, then she and her type would then have a reason to come back.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Ugosample(m): 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2013
naijababe:

at last, someone who thinks like me. In my uncle's house (a block of 12 flats) he suggested that each block contribute a certain amount to raise a big water storage that will serve all houses. The neighbours kicked and refused. Some of them went from behind to lift their own tanks which is more expensive. As i speak, there are 8 different tanks in the air (an eyesore) and 8 different pumping machines which, i reiterate, costs much more than the big storage tank. The reason for this example is to show you how warped the mindset arround is. It's anti development. And also selfish. Is that the mindset that is requisite for development? I give up.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ugosample: at last, someone who thinks like me. In my uncle's house (a block of 12 flats) he suggested that each block contribute a certain amount to raise a big water storage that will serve all houses. The neighbours kicked and refused. Some of them went from behind to lift their own tanks which is more expensive. As i speak, there are 8 different tanks in the air (an eyesore) and 8 different pumping machines which, i reiterate, costs much more than the big storage tank. The reason for this example is to show you how warped the mindset arround is. It's anti development. And also selfish. Is that the mindset that is requisite for development? I give up.

That's just really sad. It's such a selfish and individualistic mindset. No sense of community at all. So much for a the noise were always making about bring a community based society.
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Egbagirl(f): 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2013
Fhemmmy:

That is why i have no idea why we making so much of what has been said, on the other hand, i am glad she said all that she said oh, cos i think the more people does, the more we get angry and feel like doing something, We - In Nigeria are too used to the current situation that we are forgetting how it ought to be

Okay now I think you misunderstood me. I said she had better so as to redeem herself (not like bothered) but no one has forgotten the problems. How is it possible to forget them when you live them everyday. And I'm saying it again, this video won't cause people to get angry the right way or feel the right type of anger. She was just ranting and it got angry quite alright but not about the problems.

Lol I think the only part we agree on is the problems she stated are true. Lets agree to disagree abi how do they say it sef? Lol
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2013
Egba girl:

Okay now I think you misunderstood me. I said she had better so as to redeem herself (not like bothered) but no one has forgotten the problems. How is it possible to forget them when you live them everyday. And I'm saying it again, this video won't cause people to get angry the right way or feel the right type of anger. She was just ranting and it got angry quite alright but not about the problems.

Lol I think the only part we agree on is the problems she stated are true. Lets agree to disagree abi how do they say it sef? Lol

Yes
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2013
Egba girl:

That's just really sad. It's such a selfish and individualistic mindset. No sense of community at all. So much for a the noise were always making about bring a community based society.

Community based society in Nigeria?! Abeg my sister, I no wan laugh grin
Re: A Shocking Video Of A Nigerian Abroad by Fhemmmy: 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
naijababe:

Community based society in Nigeria?! Abeg my sister, I no wan laugh grin

Haba . . . Nigeria is not that bad, in Nigeria people still have that kinda spirit, i will agree that it has reduced drastically compared to when we were kids.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Given Appeal At The Finnish Immigration Coz Of My Weac / Malaysian Social Visit Visa / Nigerian Visa On Arrival?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.